Monthly Archives: June 2013
I made this Chinese Napa cabbage side dish recipe using half a cabbage and half the ingredients, and it made a great dish for 2 people. I made soy sauce chicken to go with it.
To make that, you need to slice chicken breast in half across the width, then soak it in soy sauce for an hour and cook on the griddle until cooked through.
The 2 dishes together were lovely. You could also serve noodles or rice on the side but I didn’t. This recipe is very easy and it really brings out the Chinese Napa cabbage side dish flavor. Even if you aren’t sure whether or not you are a cabbage fan, this dish is worth trying, and cooking cabbage in this way means it not only makes a good Asian side dish but it also tastes good! Continue reading
These simple zucchini pancakes make a great breakfast and you can make them in advance, so what is not to love about that?
Low in calories and fat (especially if you fry them in cooking spray rather than butter or oil) they can be enjoyed with sausage or bacon, or simply as they are, perhaps with some garlic mushrooms on the side or a broiled tomato. Try these simple zucchini pancakes and you will be surprised how great they are.
Different Types of Pancakes
Pancakes range from thin and crepe-like to thick and fluffy, and different people prefer them different ways. And yes some even prefer these simple zucchini pancakes. Personally I am more a crepe person and I love large thin crepes rolled around savory ingredients like mushrooms, garlic, goat cheese and walnuts. My mouth is drooling saying that. Nobody knows how to make crepes like the French.
Some More Hot Content For You
Learn how to make caramelized carrots because this winning side dish goes with everything. This very easy recipe makes a lovely side dish. Carrots offer a natural sweetness but adding butter and a little sugar to the carrots gives them a wonderful crunchy glaze. Pair these with meat or poultry, adding some mashed potatoes too, for a great dish.
I like to peel and chop mine into fat matchsticks but it’s up to you whether or not to peel, and also whether to cut them into slices, chunks or strips. The thinner they are cut the less time they will take to cook.
How to Make Caramelized Carrots: Honey or Sugar
I have made this recipe before using honey instead of the sugar but I found the honey flavor too strong. You can experiment with it if you want, or try brown sugar, but I think it’s better with white sugar. That’s just something I discovered when learning how to make caramelized carrots. Continue reading
This delicious cream of cauliflower soup recipe is thick and creamy. If you want to make the best cream of cauliflower soup recipe, this is a very nice recipe to choose. Each serving offers 150 calories, 12g carbs, 4g protein and 10g fat. This makes a very nice lunch or appetizer.
I often make curried soups but occasionally I like to make something creamy, and cauliflower is really good. Mashed cauliflower (like mashed potatoes but with cauliflower) is also very good, and I like to add cauliflower to curries.
Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe: So Simple and Good
What makes this cream of cauliflower soup recipe special is the simplicity of it. The focus is all on the cauliflower and the other ingredients are used to complement it. So if you are wondering what kind of soup to make, you might like to try this one. It really is yummy. Continue reading
Authentic Chinese recipes are incredibly popular and have several different benefits, which is why more people than ever before are searching for the best recipe ideas.
You might enjoy Chinese food but it’s fair to say that authentic Chinese recipes will taste very different. Once you have discovered several different recipes to try at home, you can begin to enjoy these benefits and appreciate real Chinese food for what it really is.
Why Choose Authentic Chinese Recipes?
Chinese food is considered to be incredibly healthy and very fast to make, ensuring that it is the perfect snack food. Continue reading
This potato wrapped fish filets recipe is something which is easy enough for the home cook to master but will give professional results. If you love fish and potatoes, why not combine them to make this delicious recipe?
Whether you are used to tasty stuffed squid recipes and other seafood dishes, or not, you will love this. The potatoes need to be thin enough to wrap around the fish, although you can choose any type of potatoes and any type of fish.
Perhaps you love the big flakes cod offers, the economical price of basa fish or tilapia, or the distinctive flavor of salmon. Whichever makes your mouth water would be an ideal candidate for this potato wrapped fish filets recipe, so take your pick. Continue reading
- Traditional Spanish Squid SoupThis is not a stuffed squid recipe like many of our other soup recipes with squid but it is too good not to include on here. Oh yes, Spanish squid soup is one of the best soups I know, and it’s worth learning the recipe. The recipe features squid of course, and also potatoes, onion and tomato. Aromatic flavor comes from the chilies, thyme, garlic and balsamic vinegar. The green beans are optional but they look attractively colorful so if you want to use them then just throw them in after topping and tailing them. The Spanish squid soup recipe is very simple to prepare. Once all the ingredients are in there you need to let it simmer for .....
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....
- How to Freeze CornIf you have a lot of corn to use up, it might be better to freeze some of it. If you have ever bought frozen corn and used it in meals you will know that the texture is good. Thawed corn kernels and canned ones have a very similar texture actually. Knowing how to freeze corn is very helpful because if you eat corn it’s likely you will want to freeze some at some point. You can freeze cooked corn easily. I often use corn in pasta recipes and freeze the leftovers. These meals are fine when they thaw out. If I am planning to freeze a pasta meal then I choose not to add cream, eggs or anything else that won’t freeze well as part of .....
- Traditional Recipe for Cornish PastiesOne of the most famous dishes to come from Cornwall, England (well apart from tea and scones of course) is the Cornish pasty. This delicious snack can be enjoyed hot, warm or chilled, and the beef and vegetable filling complements the flaky pastry perfectly. Knowing the traditional recipe for Cornish pasties means you can prepare this delicacy for your family at home. Traditional Recipe for Cornish Pasties Dough We are making the pastry for our Cornish pasty (pronounced PAH-stee) recipe as well as preparing the filling. For the pastry you will need flour, butter, egg yolks, salt and baking powder. It helps to have a food processor to prepare .....
- Make Popcorn without OilPopcorn is a delicious snack but how do you make it without using oil? Actually there are various ways to make popcorn without oil, so forget the fattening microwave kind which is laden with salt and grease, and grab some plain unpopped kernels instead. They are surprisingly cheap, which is another bonus. An ounce of those contains just 1 gram of fat. You can pop these kernels yourself without needing any fat. What You Will Need to Make Popcorn without Oil Grab yourself 1/3 cup of plain kernels, a medium to large pot with a tight-fitting lid, some oven mitts or an oven glove, and some salt or another flavor to add to your finished dish. You .....
- Seafood Soup RecipeThis seafood soup recipe is made from scratch, so you will get all that amazing seafood flavour you love so much. Whether you are using lobster, crab, prawns or a mixture, the flavor is amazing. The better the seafood broth you use in this seafood soup recipe, the better it is going to taste. Whenever you are basing a whole recipe on a broth you need to make sure you use something of quality. It is so important. Great Ingredients Blend Together There are quite a few different ingredients in this seafood soup recipe but use them all and you will be so glad you did. The most important ingredients are the seafood and whatever you use to make .....
- Best Bling iPad CasesTake a look at these gorgeous covers and make your tablet really sparkle! iPad cases come in lots of styles but choosing ones with bling means your tablet will look incredible and who doesn’t love bling iPad cases? Choose from lots of different sparkly covers to jazz up your tablet and everyone will be jealous of it. Even if you are not sure what style you like, take a peek at some of the different designs on offer and perhaps you will find something you adore. Choose from various colors, styles and types of bling for your bling iPad cases, or pick out the perfect sparkly cover or case as a gift for someone in your family or friends .....
- Artichoke Dip RecipeHaving a party? Try this artichoke dip recipe! This is a great dip which is ideal with crackers or crudites such as celery and carrot slices. This artichoke dip recipe is also delicious with warm toasted bread. Artichokes are something a lot of people overlook in the grocery store but they are really nice, and you can use fresh or canned ones in so many recipes, such as baked pasta dishes and soups. A lot of artichoke dips feature spinach but this one doesn’t, just to make it more unique. The artichoke offers plenty of flavor of its own and does not require backup in the form of spinach. The dip comes out an off-white color because of .....
- Baked Alaska Recipe with Caramel SauceThis baked Alaska recipe with caramel sauce is one of my favorite desserts, teaming delicious, refreshing ice cream with perfect meringue. Here we are serving the baked Alaska with caramel sauce to make the dessert even more decadent. This dessert is served cold, and the meringue completely covers the ice cream inside, making it look like a big iceberg, hence the name. Although you can make individual baked Alaska desserts, we like to make one big ones, using a small ready-made chocolate sponge cake, topping that with 2 kinds of ice cream, and then adding the sweet, sticky meringue mixture. I bet you can’t wait to try this baked Alaska .....
- Making Ground Chicken for Wonton RecipesIf you have chicken breast or chicken tenders but not ground chicken, you can still make chicken wontons or chicken wonton soup, by grinding your own chicken. Preparing ground chicken for wonton recipes means you can make this tasty filling quickly and easily. Ground chicken (or minced chicken) needs to be chopped very finely, and the simplest way of doing it is to push the chicken through a grinder. Choose a medium-coarse grind setting. These old-fashioned meat grinders can be very handy. Did you ever see your mom or grandmother using one? They are made of iron and you simply insert your meat and crank the handle, and out comes ground .....