This omelet makes a great side dish for a curry if you don’t want to serve rice or naan bread or if you are looking for low carb side dish ideas. You can also eat it by itself as a meal or snack. This is the best Indian omelet recipe to choose if you are looking to spice things up a little and enjoy a brand new flavor.
What is in the Best Indian Omelet Recipe
Along with the eggs which are of course the main ingredient in any omelet, we are using spinach, shallots, cilantro, turmeric and chili.
You can omit the spinach if you want, or replace it with sliced mushrooms. You can also swap the shallots for a small yellow onion or omit the chili pepper if you don’t want it spicy.
Making the best Indian omelet recipe is simply a matter of combining the ingredients then cooking the omelet in a skillet. I like to wilt the spinach first but you don’t have to do that unless you want it really soft. It cooks in the omelet anyway. Continue reading
Using peanut butter instead of tahini is a great idea if you want a great-tasting and easy hummus recipe which boasts plenty of nutrition from the peanut butter. Our easy hummus recipe with peanut butter will appeal to everyone, old or young, because it is creamy and flavorful.
This hummus recipe without tahini is very simple to make and you can serve it as a dip, perhaps with celery or pita bread, or use it as a spread in sandwiches, pairing it with chicken and cucumber or salad leaves and sliced boiled egg.
How to Make Hummus Without Tahini
You will need a food processor or blender to combine the ingredients for this hummus, then you can simply transfer it into a serving dish.
The garbanzo beans, which are also known as chickpeas, can be cooked fresh ones or well-drained canned ones. Use fresh lemon juice if you have it, and you will also need salt, natural creamy peanut butter and fresh garlic.
We like to drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle on some parsley and paprika, since they add to the flavor and also look great but you can omit those if you prefer.
Dieting isn’t always easy. If it was, we would all be slim, right? The problem with a lot of diets is you have to deprive yourself of your favorite foods (you know, all those ones that taste good) and feel hungry in order to shed a pound or two, if you’re lucky. So what about carb blockers – everything you need to know about these might just convince you to give them a try but honestly, do they really work?
Reducing the intake of carbs is a popular way of lowering weight, and you can try diets such as Atkins to show you how to keep your carbs very low.
The problem with diets like this is they eliminate (at least in the interim phase) healthy carbs such as sweet potatoes and strawberries as well as the bad ones like ice cream and soda.
White rice, white pasta, processed foods, pastries and high-sugar sodas are largely responsible for obesity, at least to a degree.
Nobody ever got fat eating too many strawberries. Well, not unless they top them with mountains of ice cream anyway. Continue reading
This is a wonderful side dish to have with chicken, pork or another kind of meat, or you could enjoy it by itself for lunch or a light evening meal. Thai fried rice with egg is similar to the Chinese egg fried rice you might be more familiar with. We are just including typical Thai flavors instead of Chinese ones.
This only takes about 5 minutes to make because you are warming up the rice, cooking the vegetables to al dente (which doesn’t take long) and cooking shrimp (which doesn’t take long either!) If you prefer to use chicken or another protein, shredded cooked chicken can be tossed in at the end with the green onions, and just warmed through. You can also omit the chicken for a vegetarian version of the dish.
What Else is in Thai Fried Rice with Egg?
Known as khao phat in Thai (since khao means rice and phat means stir-frying) this dish is often made with shrimp, chicken or crab, along with onion, garlic and perhaps tomatoes as well.
Traditionally Thai fried rice is made with Thai jasmine rice, but you can use any kind of leftover cooked rice to make it. Fish sauce and soy sauce are typical flavorings, and we also love a little oyster sauce in the mix. A pinch of sugar is good if you want to add sweetness. Continue reading
This tasty Indian dish, chicken biryani with drumsticks, offers an incredible flavor and it is not difficult to prepare. I had my first authentic Indian biryani when I was backpacking around India and the flavor really blew me away.
This recipe originated in the Indian subcontinent or Persia, and it is enjoyed all over Central and South Asia, as well as in the Middle East. Rice, spices and meat and/or vegetables are the main ingredients.
Biryani may be compared to pulao rice but biryani is usually cooked with layered meat and rice and pulao is not layered at all. Chicken biryani with drumsticks is usually a main dish while pulao tends to be more of a side dish.
How Biryani Gets its Flavor
Popular ingredients in an Indian biryani recipe include clarified butter (known as ghee), coriander, cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, ginger, garlic, onions, and nutmeg, but every recipe is different. Saffon can be added to the dish, and some will use turmeric or yellow food coloring to color the rice. Continue reading
There is low carb bread and there is this very low carb bread recipe. If you’ve been doing Atkins or low carbing for a while, you will have tried some of the more ‘eggy’ or ‘dense’ breads and while they are passable (just!) they aren’t exactly a good bread substitute.
Some low carbers will forgo the bread entirely, choosing to wrap their burger or sandwich in a large lettuce leaf instead and while there is nothing wrong with that, sometimes it’s nice to have something a bit chewier and more bready, even if it isn’t going to be that high-carb processed stuff you used to eat before.
There are various names for the very low carb bread recipe I am talking about – revolution rolls, cloud bread, oopsie bread, each having a slightly different recipe and preparation technique.
Here I am sharing what I found works best of all, and that’s a bread which is easy to make, uses clean ingredients (ie, not processed) and is low in carbs but offers a nice taste and chewy bread-ish texture. Continue reading
Other Posts You Might Like
- Interesting Things about Stuffed SquidI love seafood, especially stuffed squid. I was born in England but have lived in various places including the Canary Islands and Spain, which is how I picked up many tips about cooking stuffed squid and other seafood and how I developed my love of squid, octopus and every delightful treat from the sea! Like many people, I was nervous about cooking squid because I was worried about it turning rubbery, but with the right recipe and the correct cooking time/temperature that is not a concern, and if my squid is not tender then I know it just needs more time. Yes, being a fan of stuffed squid means knowing how to cook it properly. When a sharp .....
- Tasty Thai Tuna SaladThis Thai tuna salad is a great recipe because you can throw it together in about 10 minutes. Canned tuna is often nice in Asian recipes and I have used it in stir-fries before. This recipe adds Thai ingredients to the mix to offer an authentic Southeast Asian flavor. There is no cooking involved in this Thai tuna salad and you can have this on the table in less than half an hour from right now, if you have all the ingredients. If not, feel free to make adaptations because there are plenty of tweaks you could make to such a versatile dish. Thai Tuna Salad: Play with the Flavors Maybe you would like to switch the spices. I used ground ginger .....
- Buffalo CrackslawThis is a video for you to watch and wow, this buffalo crackslaw recipe looks so good! The chef uses the main crackslaw recipe, but watching him cook is a sheer delight. If you want to make something different, consider this recipe and you will find it easy to stick to your low carb diet and not feel deprived whatsoever. Mmm, you can almost smell this through your monitor. If you are new to making this dish then watching someone else cook it first is always handy. There is nothing difficult about making buffalo slaw but you might be curious about preparing the ingredients, cooking the mixture in the pan, or even what the dish should be .....
- Braised Lamb Shanks in Red Wine SauceI fell in love with lamb shanks the first time I ever tried them. They are so tasty, so juicy and the flavor is amazing. Lamb shanks are best slow cooked and, although you can do them in the oven, a crockpot or Dutch oven will be your very best friend in the kitchen if you want really great results from this braised lamb shanks in red wine sauce recipe. One lamb shank per person is enough, and they go really well with mashed potatoes and vegetables (maybe red cabbage, asparagus or carrots) along with your choice of sauce. I like to make lamb shanks in the crockpot and then either spoon the sauce directly over the meat, or else reduce it in a .....
- Alpine and German Weather HousesFirst things first… what on Earth is a weather house and why would you use German weather houses? Well, a weather house is a little house in the shape of a Swiss or German chalet, and it is used to indicate the weather. Usually there are 2 side-by-side doors, with a girl in the left one and a boy in the right one. If the weather is supposed to be dry and sunny the girl comes out. If it’s going to be rainy the boy comes out. The boy/girl might be young or they might be man/woman figures depending on the design of the weather house itself. Alpine and German weather houses are all different so you can choose exactly what you prefer. .....
- Easy 3 Ingredient RecipesThere are easy 3 ingredient recipes for every occasion, season and palate. Perhaps you are in the mood to make a hearty meat dinner or something fancy with fish. It could be that you are looking for easy 3 ingredient recipes for the crockpot because you are going to be out all day and you know you’ll get home late and want to eat dinner and fall into a comfy chair in front of the TV with something already made. Or what about making three ingredient sauces or dips for your meat, fish or chips? Some of our drinks recipes are sure to tempt you too. There are recipes for every skill level, whether you have barely set food in the kitchen .....
- Red Chicken Chili with TomatoesI love this red chicken chili with tomatoes recipe because it is lower in calories than a beef based chili yet it offers all the wonderful flavors you would expect from chili. Make it as mild as you wish or as spicy as you dare, and enjoy the fresh flavors it boasts. This red chicken chili with tomatoes recipe is so easy to put together. You just need to cook the chicken with the veggies, then add the other ingredients and let the mixture simmer for 45 minutes or so. That is all you need to do to make it. Kids love chili just as much as the grownups although they aren’t usually so keen on spice, so if you are making this for the whole .....
- Hoisin Celery Wontons in Wonton SoupThis exciting Hoisin celery wontons recipe features a flavorful broth containing homemade pork, hoisin and Chinese celery wontons. It couldn’t be simpler to make and this makes a warming meal for the whole family. You can even make extra wontons and freeze them for next time. This Hoisin celery wontons soup recipe calls for soy sauce paste. Soy sauce paste is similar to soy sauce but thicker. If you can’t get it, just use the regular kind. Be careful not to add too much sesame oil; a little really does go a long way. You can find Chinese celery in any Asian grocery store and it is sweeter than regular celery. If you can’t get it then try .....
- Chili with Baked PotatoChili is always good, especially when served on a baked potato with some grated cheese on top, and perhaps also some sour cream or guacamole if you like it. Try chili with baked potato for lunch and see how satisfying this dish is. Chili is versatile enough to be tweaked a lot, so not only can you choose how spicy you want it but you can also choose the ingredients which go in there, such as kidney beans or another kind of bean, garlic, even some grated Mexican chocolate or cocoa powder if you wish. This recipe shows you how to make a simple chili con carne recipe using ingredients guaranteed to come together seamlessly and offer an .....
- Dutch Kale Stamppot with SausageDutch kale stamppot is a dish I make often, first because my husband is Dutch and grew up with it, and second because it’s hot, comforting and delicious! Perhaps you have tried other Dutch recipes such as our slavink recipe, or maybe you are new to this cuisine. Either way, you will find Dutch kale stamppot with sausage very simple to prepare. You will need mashing potatoes (I use low GI Carisma potatoes because my husband is diabetic) along with kale. Those are the main two ingredients in kale stamppot, known in Holland as boerenkool stamppot. In addition, I recommend some smoked sausage, known locally as rookworst. This has a similar .....