All About Vaginal Yeast Infections
A yeast infection that affects the vaginal area is commonly referred to as candidiasis as the infection is caused by the fungus Candida. This fungus is present throughout your body at all times. However, in the perfect environment, it can grow rapidly. In areas, which are moist and warm the fungus will thrive and becomes an issue.
If you think that you are suffering with this form of yeast infection, there are several symptoms which are obvious. Vaginal yeast infections can be diagnosed by the symptoms or the fact you get them often (although not everyone does).
You can either experience all of the symptoms or just a few, everyone is different, and some women have extreme symptoms. You may not want to visit the doctor with this sensitive problem. This is why being aware of the different symptoms of vaginal yeast infections is essential.
Unusual Sensations Down Below
You will know your body better than anyone else so you can often tell when something isn’t quite right. If you are experiencing itching in any form, you may be suffering with vaginal yeast infections. The itching may be inside or around the area of your vagina and may come and go throughout the day.
Some women suffer with extreme itching with their vaginal yeast infections, which can cause them to be unable to walk or carry out day to day tasks. You may also find that the itching is accompanied with a burning sensation when you urinate. This can also be both mild and extreme, and can get worse as the infection spreads through your vagina.
Determining the Cause of the Burning
This means being able to distinguish between the different forms of burning will ensure that you correctly diagnose the problem. You need to ensure that the sensation you are experiencing is caused from a yeast infection, and not a urinary tract infection.
A reliable way to determine the infection you have is to determine when the burning sensation occurs. If the pain you are experiencing happens when the urine reaches outside your vagina, you are likely to be experiencing a vaginal yeast infection. Urinary tract infections will cause pain to happen as the urine passes through the tract.
Redness can be a Clear Sign of Vaginal Yeast Infections
Another symptom that you may be suffering with when you have vaginal yeast infections is an extremely red vulva and vagina. The irritation that you are experiencing will make this area incredibly sore, which will cause the redness; you will find that after sexual intercourse the area is inflamed and will appear far more irritated.
Noticing a Nasty Discharge
When you have a vaginal yeast infection one of the clear signs that there is an issue is the thick, white discharge that you will produce. This is often resembled cottage cheese, and can be odorless, but extremely thick. However, you may not get any discharge and only suffer with the other symptoms which can be uncomfortable.
Other Forms of Yeast Infection
Alongside a vaginal yeast infection, you may also suffer with oral thrush, which can be painful, and harder to treat. You may be experiencing white patches in your mouth and a thick white coating on your tongue. Another form of yeast infection can be found in the diaper area of babies, and in your folds of skin. Men can also suffer with yeast infections, which can irritate the penis, foreskin and genital area.
Treatment for Vaginal Yeast Infections
Treating a yeast infections is straightforward, and there are plenty of different options that you can choose. Whether you want over the counter creams and pills, or natural alternatives, you will find that there is something for everyone. Diagnosing the yeast infection as soon as possible will help to ensure that the symptoms do not get worse, so that you can return to normal.
First you must understand why you got it in the first place. Learning the best way to treat a yeast infection will ensure that you are not suffering for too long with the uncomfortable symptoms. It is important to understand what causes the infection, and why you may be suffering more than other people. Three out of four women will suffer with some form of infection during their lifetime, as yeast infections are more common than you may think.
Throughout your body, yeast is present at all times although, when provided with the perfect environment, this yeast will multiply rapidly. This means prevention is always better than cure, and learning to stop the yeast before it becomes a problem is essential. Drying yourself after bath or swimming, and eating the correct diet can help to prevent infection.
Choosing Your Treatment for Vaginal Yeast Infections
Some people are simply more prone to yeast infections than others, and you may find that even with preventative measures, you still have the infection. You will want to find a treatment that is affordable, easy, and effective. Some people prefer medications that the doctor provides and others like natural treatments.
Over the Counter vs. Prescription Drugs for Vaginal Yeast Infections
You need to consider how severe the infection is, and how much you want to spend on the treatment. Over the counter creams can be effective but they can be messy, and will often not remove the infection completely. This form of treatment can also be expensive, especially if you need to repeat the treatment several times.
The over the counter drugs will provide you with instant relief, although they can come with side effects and some woman find they cannot use them alongside other medications.
Effective Home Remedies for Vaginal Yeast Infections
There are several different home remedies available for you to try, and some you will find to be highly effective. Natural yogurt can be both eaten and applied, which will sooth the infected area, and stop itching and discomfort. If you are concerned about the mess, you can place the yogurt on a tampon and insert internally.
Tea tree oil is another effective home remedy that will soothe the infected area, and can be applied discreetly two or three times a day. Once you have cleared up the problem, you need to look at why you are suffering with yeast infections and try to prevent them in the future.
What Caused My Thrush?
The term ‘yeast infection’ will often describe an over-production of fungus throughout your body.
This will lead to you suffering with discomfort, and often a white, thick discharge. Understanding what causes thrush in your body is the first step to ensuring that you can find a treatment that works for you.
Fungus is present in every human body; however, if provided with the perfect conditions it can grow out of control. Once this happens you will notice the symptoms, and need to find a treatment for vaginal yeast infections so you can get well again.
The organisms which breed throughout your body thrive in warm, moist conditions, so taking this away from the yeast will stop the over-production. If you do not dry yourself properly after swimming or bathing, you will be providing the perfect place for the yeast to spread. A poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle will also cause your immune system to be weaker, which will allow the yeast to take over.
Vaginal yeast infections are the most common form of this problem, and this is often caused by a breakdown of the bacteria which is present in this area. This bacteria help to control the growth of yeast, and without it, the yeast will simply multiply and cause itching, redness, and pain.
Should You Take Antibiotics?
Many people find that overusing antibiotics may also cause vaginal yeast infections, as they destroy both good and bad bacteria. Internal disturbances may also be a cause for concern. The human immune system is fantastic, and when this begins to weaken you might find that yeast infections are common.
Breakages and cuts to your skin may allow fungus to penetrate and spread throughout your body. Hormonal imbalances will also be a main cause of thrush, and the external use of irritants such as detergents will not help.
Oral contraceptives, pregnancy and diabetes are also known to be causes of yeast infections. Hormone replacement therapies, infertility treatments, and other processes where your hormones are affected can encourage the yeast to grow and spread rapidly.
Anyone with a weakened immune system will find that vaginal yeast infections are more likely to occur. Therefore, you need to be aware of what causes thrush, and never be surprised if you contract some form of infection in your lifetime.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Folding Bikes ReviewA folding bike will fold into a compact form when not being used, which makes both storage and transportation easier. Fold the bike after using it and it can be carried into your apartment easily or stored in your car. You can also transport a folding bicycle on a plane or boat. Find out which one is the best for you by reading a folding bikes review and prepare to enjoy your new ride. The folding mechanisms for such bikes vary and each kind of mechanism differs, so it pays to examine the different kinds available and consider such things as how many parts the bike comes in, the folding ease and speed, how compact the bike is, how much it .....
- Beef Wontons with Cabbage and GingerTry out these beef wontons with cabbage and ginger if you want to rustle up something delicious that you can make in bulk and freeze too. These are healthier than pork wontons and they freeze really well. This is a very simple wonton recipe so it is ideal for beginners. Use extra lean beef if you are watching your fat intake. Once they are cooked you can serve them or freeze them in a well-labeled plastic bag. You can cook them from frozen so you don’t need to thaw them the night before you want to cook them. Because they freeze so well it’s worth making a batch of these delicious beef wontons! Beef, ginger and Napa cabbage combine to make .....
- Crackslaw with Chicken – Reduced Calorie OptionUsing chicken is a great idea if you want something with fewer calories yet offering the same great flavor as beef crackslaw gives you. The following crackslaw with chicken recipe is really tasty and perfect for a low carb diet whether you are following Atkins or another low carb diet regime. The crackslaw with chicken recipe itself is very similar to the beef version because chicken is versatile enough to be a perfect beef substitute but of course you can apply your own tweaks should you wish. Chicken is lower in calories than beef. If you’re low carbing then you probably aren’t counting your calories, just your carbs, but .....
- 10 Minute CrackslawSay you are in a hurry and you want to make some of your favorite recipe but you only have 10 minutes to spare – what can you do? The answer is to make 10 minute crackslaw. Rather than cooking the meat and vegetables separately, you will be saving time by cooking everything together. I always used to make the dish the regular way, which meant frying the meat, draining it, cooking the vegetables, then adding the meat back in and the seasonings, but since fat is not ‘the enemy’ when low carb eating you don’t even have to drain the meat after browning it, although if you’re using high-fat ground meat you might .....
- How to Make Rice SaladLearning how to make rice salad is very easy and there are so many different ways you can prepare this delicious dish. Rice salad is perfect for lunch or as part of a buffet, and you can also serve it alongside steak or with chicken or fish. Absolutely anyone can make rice salad recipes and once you are familiar with the recipe you can experiment with other ingredients to make the dish taste different. How to Make Rice Salad: Simple Yet Perfect There are not many steps you need to make this dish, which is why it is so simple. If you enjoy being creative in the kitchen you will love making it because you can be imaginative with what goes into .....
- Best Braised Lamb Shanks in Red WineLamb shanks are a wonderful thing to serve on a cold day, so as fall arrives and winter rolls in, stock up on these meaty treats and you can braise them to make the most delicious meals. Braising means slow-cooking in liquid, and you can choose from beer, wine or other liquids. There is plenty of meat on a lamb shank and the flavor is phenomenal. I especially love this braised lamb shanks in red wine recipe because the flavors are so amazing. So Much Appeal in this Dish Lamb shanks smell incredible while they cook and the flavor will drive you half-crazy with anticipation! The following braised lamb shanks in red wine recipe is easy to make .....
- Best Buffalo Chicken RecipeBeing an English girl, I wasn’t quite sure what buffalo chicken was when I first heard the term. Of course I knew what a buffalo was and what a chicken was but didn’t see how you could combine them. All became clear when I tasted this delicacy Stateside and fell in love with it! Keep reading for the best buffalo chicken recipe I have found. So much so in fact that I have added it to our regular meal rotation because I adore the combination of crispy, spicy chicken, fresh vegetable sticks, creamy dressing and of course don’t forget the blue cheese! This best buffalo chicken recipe, like most of mine, is really easy to make. .....
- Easy Eggs BenedictEasy eggs Benedict is one of the most amazing breakfast recipes ever. A toasted English muffin is topped with Canadian bacon, poached egg and finally homemade Hollandaise sauce for a rich, creamy and mouthwatering eat. There are plenty of recipes online for diet versions of this dish but in my opinion nothing beats the real thing, so save this for a special occasion like your Christmas morning breakfast, or make it for someone’s birthday if you are concerned about the fat/calories or whatever. Made this way, you are sure to end up with the most mouthwatering version of the dish – the original version. If you are making this for vegetarians, .....
- Hawaiian Poke Co, Spring | Great Poke in HoustonPoke (pronounced po-kay, let’s get that out of the way first!) is currently a huge craze here in Houston, and actually nationwide. There are poke restaurants springing up all over the place as this tasty way of serving seafood takes off. Talking of ‘springing up’ there is a new poke restaurant in Spring, just north of Houston and south of The Woodlands. Spring is part of the Houston-Sugar Land-Woodlands metropolitan area. Hawaiian Poke Co, Spring, is one of the newcomers to this seafood lovers’ arena. This poke restaurant opened just a few weeks back, occupying Howie’s Tiki bar until 9pm when Howie’s .....
- Thai Vegetarian CrackslawIf you want to try something brand new, this Thai vegetarian crackslaw recipe offers an aromatic Asian flavor. Use Quorn, TVP (textured vegetable protein) or your favorite vegetarian meat alternative as well as julienne-cut veggies to make this dish commonly known as veggie crack or vegetable crackslaw. You will love the fragrant Thai flavors this dish offers, and probably want to make it again and again. This dish is low in carbs yet high in flavor. Thai Vegetarian Crackslaw If you want to use meat or poultry by all means go ahead. Just ensure it is fully cooked before adding the other ingredients to the pan. This recipe offers a wonderful .....