Help for Yeast Infections During Pregnancy
Yeast infections are incredibly common, and women of all ages can suffer with this irritating problem, and throughout pregnancy it can get far worse. These infections are never fun but yeast infections during pregnancy can be extra rough. Many women will discover that a yeast infection is common when they are expecting a baby. Therefore, seeking a solution to the problem is essential, and will ensure that your pregnancy is comfortable.
Your body is an amazing thing, and there are several different factors that can contribute to you suffering with yeast infections during pregnancy. The fungus Candida is present in your body at all times, however if supplied with the perfect environment it can grow and spread rapidly. You may be shocked to discover that this yeast is present at all times but it is completely natural and normal.
More About Yeast Infections During Pregnancy
Well there are several different factors that can make the yeast grow rapidly throughout your body, including hormone changes, personal hygiene, and your diet and lifestyle. By making small changes to your diet, you will see a huge difference in the way that you feel, and the yeast infection will subside.
Carbohydrates, processed foods and sugar can all make the yeast infections during pregnancy thrive, and cause issues throughout your pregnancy. The estrogen level in your body will increase when you are pregnant, which produces more glycogen, which helps the yeast to grow. Some doctors also believe that the extra glycogen causes the yeast to stick to your vaginal walls.
Medications Can Also be an Issue
There are several different medications that can be an issue when you are attempting to keep the yeast levels low in your body. Antibiotics are a massive problem, and can help the fungus to thrive, and be harder to eliminate. This style of medication can cause the good bacteria in your body to be affected, which allows the fungus to grow. If you want to learn more about yeast infections during pregnancy, that is worth knowing.
Symptoms of Vaginal Yeast Infections During Pregnancy
In the early stages of the yeast infections during pregnancy, you may be unaware that there is anything wrong, however, once the infection spreads, you will experience the clear signs of a yeast infection. Some women experience all of the symptoms and others only have one or two. Therefore, you need to ensure that you know all of the symptoms, and can assess if you have a yeast infection.
A burning sensation when you urinate is one of the first signs that there is a problem, followed with itching, irritation, redness and a discharge. This discharge may be odourless, but some women experience a yeasty smell. It may also be white, or yellow in colour and can be quite thick and lumpy, often resembling cottage cheese.
Can a Yeast Infection Hurt My Baby?
Thankfully there are no negative effects from the vaginal yeast infection, which can be passed to your baby in the womb. That is one reassuring thing about yeast infections during pregnancy you might’ve been concerned about. The infection is prominent in the external areas of your vagina and never causes a problem further inside you. At no stage of the infection will the development of your baby be affected, which is pleasing for expectant mothers to know.
How to Treat the Infection When You are Pregnant
Treating yeast infections is straightforward, and there are many effective, affordable treatments for you to choose. If you are concerned about purchasing over the counter treatments, you should consult a doctor before you begin a treatment. Over the counter anti fungal creams are excellent and will often be recommended by your doctor. Once you have found the perfect treatment, you can control the yeast in your body and enjoy your pregnancy. You need to know about yeast infections during pregnancy first though.
Taking the Yeast Infection Test to Determine the Correct Diagnosis
There are several different infections that can cause the symptoms of itchiness, redness, and discomfort when going to the toilet. Therefore, taking a test will help you to correctly diagnose your problem. You need to ensure that you have a vaginal yeast infection, before you search for treatment options.
Visiting a Doctor is Essential
This is important, especially when you are expecting. You will need to visit a doctor, which can help you to determine the style of infection that you have, and the best way to treat the problem. At the medical clinic, you will be asked a series of questions, which can help to determine the problem. Having a full examination and discussing your concerns with the doctor is always beneficial.
The doctor will ask basic questions regarding your symptoms, how long you have had the infection, and any medication history. Being honest is essential, as the doctor needs to determine what is causing the yeast infection, and how to treat it effectively. If you have suffered with yeast infections in the past, you need to discover, what is causing the problems.
Straightforward Tests for You to Take
Want to know if you have yeast infections during pregnancy or if it’s something else? Taking a vaginal culture sample can help to determine the form of infection that you have, and ensure that it is a straightforward yeast infection. Your doctor will be able to take the culture, and send it off for analysis. Often a doctor will be able to determine that you have an overgrowth of yeast, by simply examining you.
If they are unsure whether you have yeast infections during pregnancy, a blood test can also be taken, which will help to determine if there is an underlying issue. Other health related issues such as diabetes, and pregnancy can cause vaginal yeast infections. By having blood taken, your doctor will be able to determine if you are healthy in other areas.
Pelvic Examination to Perform the Test
You may be embarrassed by the fact that you have to have a pelvic examination but this can be an effective way to determine the extent of your problem. Your doctor will be able to assess the level of inflammation, and examine the skin surrounding your vulva. Doctors see these areas of women every day so you should not be embarrassed.
Once the Diagnosis has been Made
If it is the first time that you have suffered with a vaginal yeast infection, over the counter medications will be perfect. The 7 day course will be effective, and ensure that the yeast infection clears up, and the symptoms stop.
However, if this is not the first yeast infection that you have suffered with, determining the cause is essential.
There are many different factors which can cause yeast infections during pregnancy including your lifestyle, diet and hygiene. You need to ensure that you receive treatment as soon as the symptoms appear, as yeast infections are believed to increase your chances of contracting HIV.
Home Remedies Can Work
Some women prefer to use home treatments for yeast infections during pregnancy as they are cheaper and natural, which is ideal. You can choose a range of different products, including garlic, honey, vinegar, natural yogurt, curds, and cranberry juice. Water is another effective item, which can help to flush your system and remove the toxins from your body.
No Sexual Contact Just Yet
There is a high risk of spreading the infection to your partner; therefore, avoiding any sexual contact is advised. Even if you use condoms, the infection can still be spread, causing more problems in the future. It is far better to treat the problem, remove the infection, and enjoy sexual intercourse rather than it being uncomfortable.
Taking the yeast infection test is vital, and can save you time, effort and money on treatments which are pointless. Having a yeast infection can be painful, and you will want to seek out a cure as soon as possible. Once you have been diagnosed, you can begin the treatment and remove the horrible symptoms.
Top 10 Natural Cures for Vaginal Yeast Infections
When you are suffering with a vaginal yeast infection, you may visit your doctor who will prescribe over the counter treatments. These are effective but can be expensive and many people prefer natural alternatives. You may also find that the creams and tablets begin to aggravate the problem, and the yeast infection will not improve.
Prevention is Far Better than Cure
Once you have a yeast infection, you will soon realize that you do not want it to return, therefore, preventing the problem is far better. This can be easily achieved with correct hygiene, including changing out of wet bathing suits, and wearing loose clothing. Cotton underwear is advised, and not sharing personal belongings can make a huge difference. You might not even get yeast infections during pregnancy if you do this, even if they’re a regular thing for you.
Small Changes to Your Lifestyle and Diet
Many people do not realize that their diet can affect the chances of experiencing a yeast infection and that by removing certain foods and drinks, you will feel so much better. Minimizing other problem items will help you to prevent another break out of yeast. Drinking plenty of water and less alcohol will help, and cutting out stress can be beneficial.
Cutting Down on Prescription Drugs
Unfortunately, we have become a world where it is far too easy to pop a pill, and wait for a cure; however, many of the drugs that you take may affect the balance of yeast throughout your body. Antibiotics are brilliant, but your body can become immune, which will cause the yeast to grow and be problematic. This can cause yeast infections during pregnancy.
A New Diet Can Help
You will need to assess what you consume on a daily basis, and if possible cut out all problem foods, which include:
- Yeast, which is present in many different foods and drinks, including bread, pizzas and cakes
- Sugar, which can be found in both packaged products and natural food such as fruit
- Dairy products, which have a high lactose content, including yogurt, milk and cheese
- Herbal teas and natural leaves either hot or cold
- Water should be drunk every day, and at least 8 glasses
- Vegetables are excellent, and all varieties can be eaten
- Whole grain, including brown rice, oatmeal and millet
- Fruits will low sugar content such as cherries, pears, berries and apples
- Protein such as meat, poultry, fish, and soy products
- Probiotic supplements, which can be found in health stores
Understanding the Food You Consume
Far too many people shop without actually reading what is in the ingredients of the food they are buying. Therefore, reading the labels on packaging will ensure that you understand what you are eating, and what can be removed. Sticking to the strict diet is essential to help you fight the yeast infection.
Using Household Ingredients to Treat the Problem
Honey, garlic, vinegar and natural yoghurt are all excellent items, which can help you to fight yeast infections during pregnancy. Tea tree oil, coconut oil and grape seed are perfect for applying to the affected area to help with soreness, and itching. Application can be done throughout the day, and although messy you will find that it brings a huge amount of relief.
Eating Licorice Can Help
Licorice is an excellent product to help you stimulate hormones, which will help to fight the yeast infection. This favourite sweet will release estrogen friendly steroids, which can counteract the natural ones within your body.
Drink Plenty of Electrolyte-Heavy Drinks
These amazing drinks will help your body to fight infection, and can give you added energy and a health boost. You will need to drink the juice at least six times a day, three with meals, to ensure that it works effectively. The juice can be made at home using a glass of filtered water, half a lemon squeezed, and ¼ teaspoon of Celtic salt.
Colon Cleansing is Amazing
Cleansing your body is vital, and can make a huge difference to the way that you feel and ensure that the Candida can no longer thrive. Consider this for yeast infections during pregnancy. You will be able to naturally wash out the toxins that have built up in your body, and assist your digestive system to make friendly bacteria. Mixing cayenne pepper with garlic and cider vinegar, will create the perfect colon cleanse
If you decide to use some of these natural treatments, you will see an improvement immediately, and ensure that the yeast infection is controlled. There are others available if you prefer alternatives, and once you find the treatment that works, you will be far happier.
Pregnancy is an incredible time but there are several different health issues and problems that become more prone during this period. Yeast infections tend to be dominant when you are pregnant, and even if you have never suffered before, you are likely to experience symptoms and problems throughout your pregnancy.
Some woman panic if they get a yeast infection throughout their pregnancy. However, if it is diagnosed early it can be treated incredibly easily. There are several different treatments that will help to clear the infection. These may be over the counter creams which are safe during pregnancy, or natural remedies, which you can find at home.
Seeking Medical Advice for Peace of Mind
You may be more cautious when you are pregnant, so if you have any concerns regarding the symptoms you are experiencing, you must seek medical advice. Yeast infections during pregnancy are not harmful to the baby, but not nice either! You need to check that the symptoms you are experiencing are related to having a yeast infection. You may be confident that your symptoms are only a yeast infection; however, it is worth seeking a second opinion.
There are also antibiotics which should not be taken during pregnancy so unless you are treating the symptoms naturally it is worth asking for advice.
During the first trimester, your baby is incredibly vulnerable; therefore, you want to ensure that you never place them at risk. Once you move into the second trimester, you will not need to be as cautious; however, choosing the correct medications is essential.
Once you have established that you do have a yeast infection, you will need to decide how to treat the problem. There are several fantastic natural ways to deal with the problem and symptoms that you may find you have. Natural yogurt is excellent and will help with the itching and discomfort that you are experiencing.
Over the Counter Remedies for Yeast Infections During Pregnancy
However, if you would prefer to use over the counter remedies there are some available that are safe to use during pregnancy. Drinking plenty of water and maintaining a healthy diet will also help with your yeast infection. Understanding why you are suffering with the yeast infection is essential, and will ensure that it does not spread further.
Yeast is always present throughout your body; however, as your hormone levels increase during pregnancy, the yeast spreads rapidly. Then yeast infections during pregnancy become problematic. You may find that you sweat far more than usual when you are pregnant, which provides the ideal breeding ground for yeast. Remaining as healthy as possible throughout your pregnancy will ensure that you have a pleasurable time.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing with Sour CreamThis buttermilk ranch dressing with sour cream is one of the best salad dressing recipes I’ve made in a while. I just had it with baby kale, deli beef, parmesan, crispy fried onions and raisins, and it made a really nice meal. If you use low-fat mayonnaise you can get a large serving of this buttermilk ranch dressing with sour cream for about 90 calories, or else you can use regular mayo if you prefer. A Perfect Ranch Flavor I didn’t have fresh chives when I first made this buttermilk ranch dressing with sour cream so I used dried. I think fresh would work better, so I will make sure I have some of that next time. I used the .....
- Cream Cheese Wontons with CrabCrab and cream cheese are combined in this easy wonton recipe for a spectacular result. You will need softened cream cheese for these cream cheese wontons with crab so either leave the cream cheese at room temperature for a while or microwave it for 20 seconds. Feel free to be creative with the wonton wrapper shape when making your cream cheese wontons with crab. You can make scrunched up wontons, triangles or any other shape you fancy. Just make sure they are well sealed so they hold together when they are being fried. What Kind of Crabmeat to Use Dungeness crabmeat is the best kind to use, but use whatever type of lump crabmeat you can .....
- Canapes for a PartyCanapes (KAH-nah-pays) for a party, which are also known as hors d’oevres, are little snacks which are served with drinks, either by themselves or before the sit-down meal is ready. These canapes for a party can be very simple and might be something spread on crackers or melba toast, or even a stuffed cherry tomato or deviled egg. The best canapes for a party are those which can be eaten with the fingers, so people can just pick them up without making their fingers messy. Also, they should be able to be eaten in one or two bites, and you shouldn’t need cutlery. A canape in one hand and a drink in the other is fine. Add cutlery .....
- 100 Calorie Vegetable SoupI love making this 100 calorie vegetable soup but I am quite lazy sometimes! Even though I will go to the trouble of roasting pumpkin to make pumpkin soup or caramelizing onion for French onion soup, other times I like to toss the ingredients into a pot. Then I forget about it for an hour, then puree the results, and actually that’s how you end up with a really good vegetable soup recipe sometimes! If you’re new to making soup (or looking for some vegetable soup ideas) read on for a very easy recipe for 100 calorie vegetable soup. I’d like to share my 100 calorie vegetable soup recipe with you because I’ve made it a .....
- Potato Pierogi RecipeThis potato pierogi recipe is one of my favorites, but what are pierogi exactly? Well, pierogi are unleavened dough dumplings which are boiled and then fried or baked in butter. They can be stuffed with potatoes, ground meat, fruit, cheese, sauerkraut, or something else. Pierogi are normally half moon shape but they can also be triangular or rectangular. Not to be confused with pirog (Russian pies) or pirozhki (Russian stuffed fried buns), pierogi are small enough to be served several at a time, which is why the plural of the word is used when talking about them. These little snacks are popular in Russia, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, .....
- Catalan Mussels RecipeFresh mussels have their own distinctive flavor and they don’t need much added to them to bring out their natural taste. Mussels and cockles are great for making appetizers, or starter recipes. Mussels steamed are great, as are mussels cooked in other ways. One of the best ways to work with this seafood is to try out this Catalan mussels recipe. Adding Flavor to the Mussels In this Catalan mussels recipe, vinegar, lemon, oil and basil are used to add flavour and the natural mussel recipe taste shines through. This dish is best chilled overnight so allow plenty of time to do that. This is also a bonus if you are planning a number of .....
- Best Ceramic Butter DishesThere are many additions that you can add to your tableware which will enhance your dining experience, including ceramic butter dishes. A ceramic butter dish is a traditional way of storing your butter, which will ensure that it remains in excellent condition. Blue Bird Ceramic Butter Dish, on Amazon Butter is a perfect accompaniment to many different dishes so it is common to have it on the table while eating. This is why investing in ceramic butter dishes is a great idea so you can present the butter in something attractive rather than just in the package or on a saucer. Serving butter at the correct temperature is an art form, and you may .....
- Mexican Christmas Salad with a Hot TwistThis Mexican Christmas salad recipe is traditional in both Old and New Mexico, although we are adding a twist with the charred lettuce wedge. Although romaine (known as cos lettuce in some places) really comes to life on a grill, the delicate leaves do not always stand up to the temperature needed by the rest of the food on the grill, and nobody wants a wilted mess on their plate. Thanks to the blowtorch you can control how much heat you use and where it is directed. Besides, who wants to stand outside shivering over the grill on Christmas day, knee-deep in snow? Er, no thanks! How Mexican Christmas Salad is Prepared In this Mexican .....
- Hoisin Duck BriocheThis particular Hoisin duck brioche dish was inspired by a recent visit to Ruby, Exeter, where I enjoyed something very similar. Yep here I am dreaming of Ruby again! Well anyway the duck and hoisin are beautiful together, along with the cucumber, and although I am more used to enjoying this mixture in pancake wraps, I found the brioche really good with them, since brioche is naturally sweet and chewy, and just seemed to complement the hoisin duck flavors. What Goes with Hoisin Duck Brioche? I enjoyed this Hoisin duck brioche with a peanut butter wolf cocktail when I was at Ruby’s but you might prefer something else depending on what .....
- Hummus Recipe No TahiniYou can make a perfectly delicious hummus recipe no tahini in a couple of minutes. In fact a hummus recipe without tahini is just as good as the traditional kind. However you choose to enjoy your hummus – served as a dip with breadsticks or veggie crudites, or paired with homemade falafel in pita bread, you will love this version. As well as the chickpeas, which are also known as garbanzo beans, you are going to need oil, garlic, lemon, cumin and salt. Those ingredients will help you get the right hummus recipe no tahini texture along with the perfect flavor. You might want to thin it with a bit more water and/or add more salt to get .....