What is a Yeast Infection
So, what is a yeast infection? A lot of people ask that every day. A yeast infection is an incredibly common medical condition that can affect people of all ages, gender and background. This problem occurs when the yeast within your body begins to multiply far too quickly and spreads throughout your body. Thrush is classified as a yeast infection, however, this form of infection is commonly found in the mouth.
The Candida yeast will colonize the mouth, which creates the painful lesions and creamy discharge that you will experience. You will find that the thick coating resembles cottage cheese, and will affect your tongue and roof of your mouth. This infection is not harmful; however, it can be incredibly uncomfortable and embarrassing.
How Do You Get Thrush?
There are several different reasons why you may be at risk of contracting thrush, and the overproduction of yeast can signify an imbalance of bacteria within our body. Everyone can be at risk; however, there are groups of people that this yeast will affect more than others. Healthy people very rarely suffer with thrush; however, people with compromised immune systems are likely to suffer.
If you have HIV or AIDS, diabetes, cancer, or any other form of disease that affects your immune system, you are likely to contract thrush far easier. Elderly people are also at risk, and if you lead an unhealthy lifestyle, with a poor diet, you may also be likely to contract thrush. Babies and young children may also be more prone to outbreaks of thrush. Knowing what is a yeast infection means you can identify it and get rid of it quicker.
Identifying Yeast and Treating the Problem
You will be able to identify that you have thrush immediately; there are common symptoms, which will indicate that you have an infection. Your mouth and tongue may begin to be tender, and the color of these areas will be patchy. The creamy discharge will appear, within a few days, and often this is how the condition is diagnosed.
Treatment will often depend on how long you have left the infection to spread, and what symptoms you have within your mouth. If you are able to diagnose the problem quickly, you can receive minimal treatment and be back to normal in a short period of time. What is a yeast infection if not uncomfortable and embarrassing? You will want it gone, and gone fast.
Natural yoghurt is considered to be one of the best and most affordable treatments available to thrush sufferers. The active cultures will help to rebalance your body, and eliminate the thrush; however, in severe cases you may need other treatment. Antifungal medications are often prescribed, which will kill the yeast.
Thrush Candida Yeast Infection
Yeast infections can affect anyone, regardless of their age, background or gender, and the symptoms can vary from mild, to extremely uncomfortable. There are a number of distinctive symptoms, which you may notice. This form of infection is caused by the over production of a fungus called Candida, which can multiply and spread rapidly.
Understanding what Candida is and How it Affects the Body
Everyone produces yeast throughout their body but in the perfect environment this yeast can grow rapidly, and cause problems. The most common yeast, which is found throughout the human body, is the Candida species. This yeast can pose a threat to your health and will flare up into infections easily. Knowing what is a yeast infection means knowing what it is and also how to cure it.
Candida yeasts can help your body to function correctly, however, if they are allowed to spread, they can produce nasty symptoms. Some of the Candida is in fact benign parasites, which will take advantage of your body if your physical health is disrupted. The yeast will grow rapidly, causing the infection, symptoms and irritation.
Symptoms of a Yeast Infection
The symptoms of the Candida yeast infection do vary, and you may find that you experience some of them or all of them. Commonly this form of yeast infection is found in the vaginal area and is often referred to as thrush. The symptoms may be burning, itching, discharge, discomfort and extreme cases pain.
Thankfully this form of yeast infection can be treated in numerous different ways. Therefore, having the problem diagnosed quickly is essential. There are both over the counter and natural ways to treat the symptoms. You need to consider all of the options, and decide which of the treatments are best for you, now that you know what is a yeast infection.
Prevention is Better than Cure
If you find that you are suffering with yeast infections on a regular basis, you need to consider why, and learn how to prevent the yeast growing. Candida yeast thrives in warm, moist areas of your body, therefore, good personal hygiene and basic lifestyle changes are essential. You need to ensure that you dry yourself completely once you have bathed or swam.
Drinking plenty of water will also help to flush your system, and prevent yeast infections reoccurring. Eating a healthy diet can also help to prevent your body being run down, and prone to infection. Making small changes to your diet and lifestyle can make all of the difference, and ensure that you remain healthy and infection free.
Home Remedies for a Yeast Infection
Home remedies for yeast infections can be incredibly straightforward, yet highly effective and will help to stop many of the uncomfortable symptoms. Suffering from any form of yeast infection can be uncomfortable and embarrassing, and in some cases highly embarrassing. Therefore, finding an affordable and effective treatment is vital.
Natural home remedies are excellent for many different forms of yeast infection, and many of the ingredients can be found in the kitchen. You will be surprised how many of the ingredients, you will already own, and never knew that they can be used for yeast infections. Tea tree oil, cranberries, garlic, natural yoghurt and vinegar can all be used with varying success rates.
If you are suffering with any form of itching or irritation, you can apply tea tree oil directly to the infection. Applying natural yoghurt or tea tree oil to a tampon and inserting it inside your vagina will soothe the infected area. Drinking plenty of water of cranberry juice is also highly affective and can help with many of the symptoms.
Some of the remedies can be both applied and consumed, and others should only be applied to the area that is affected. Learning what to do with the ingredients is vital, to ensure that you help your yeast infection in the best way possible. Knowing what is a yeast infection means you can try the remedies best for you.
Garlic or natural yogurt can be consumed every day to help beat the bacteria build up in your body; however, it can also be applied. Adding vinegar to your bath water is another fantastic way to help with your yeast infections. You may find that some treatments work far better than others, and you may have to try several before you see results.
Reducing Discomfort Quickly
Many women find that the natural home remedies help to relieve the initially burning and itching which is associated with yeast infections. Once you begin to feel better, you can look at why you are getting the infection, and the best way to prevent them in the future. Prevention is always better than cure, and understanding yeast infections, and why they occur is vital.
Fight Thrush Diet Plans
If you suffer on a regular basis then you will want to find a treatment that you can use over and over again. Over the counter treatments can be expensive, but changing what you eat can make all of the difference. You will find that changing your diet will not only make the thrush disappear, but it will make you feel healthier.
Foods that can Encourage Yeast Growth
There are several different foods that will encourage the yeast within your body to grow faster, and become a problem. Knowing what is a yeast infection involves learning what to eat and also what not to. Processed foods are considered to be one of the worst forms of food that you can eat. They are incredibly yeast-friendly and will encourage the over-production of yeast, which can cause problems.
Fermented products and items that have a high level of yeast included are also bad for you if you suffer with severe yeast infections. All foods that have been cured, smoked or dried should also be avoided. Alcohol is one of the top beverages that encourages an over-production of yeast and this too should be avoided.
Surprising Foods that are Yeast-Friendly
You will soon discover that there are several foods that encourage yeast growth which you may not have considered. Mayonnaise, barbecue sauce and many salad dressings are also high in yeast, which can cause the infection to spread.
Chocolate, desserts, pretzels, and even some fresh fruits should be avoided, or you could find that your thrush gets far worse. Dried fruits, pistachios and raisins are also bad for you with regards to this problem, and this is something many people do not realize. If you are unsure of what foods to avoid, you need to seek medical help and advice.
What to Eat to Avoid Yeast Infections
However, you will be surprised how many different foods you can include in the diet, which will make you feel healthier. Including these foods into your daily routine will ensure that you eliminate the thrush and keep it from coming back again.
Vegetables and fresh meat can both be included, alongside tuna, chicken, turkey and sardines, which are all very good for you. Once you begin to learn which foods to include in your diet, and what ones to leave out you will feel far happier.
Yeast infection diet plans are becoming a popular option when searching for the best way to rid your body of this uncomfortable problem. Yeast infections can affect everyone, and when they strike, you will want to find a treatment that is affordable, effective and reliable. Therefore, making small changes to your diet may be perfect. Learning what is a yeast infection means you can plan your diet and lifestyle wisely, hopefully minimizing how often you get thrush.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Micro Sim CutterFirst of all, what is a micro sim cutter? If you already have a sim-card then you might find your new phone will only accept a nano or micro sim size. So how do you trim your card to make it fit? Obviously making a mistake is going to make it pretty much useless. The answer is to invest in one of these cutters and cut your new sim easily and quickly. A good cutter will have adapters to transform your micro sim back to a regular size if you need to use it in a phone which takes that size. Some More Hot Content For You IHOP Pancakes Copycat Recipe Tender Oven Baked Short Ribs Bling Bling iPad Cases Decadent Chocolate Walnut Cake Authentic .....
- Best iPad Mini Cases with KeyboardSee all the best keyboard cases for iPad Mini and pick out your favorite. There are iPad Mini cases with keyboard for every taste and budget, no matter whether you want a cute pink one, a handy one which doubles as a padded case, something neat for work, or something else. The iPad Mini is the newest Apple product on the market but there are already plenty of cool accessories for it. If you have one of these tablets already then you will want a cover to keep it safe and a keyboard to make typing speedier. Touch typing on the screen is time-consuming because it is usually one-fingered unless you have mastered the art of typing quicker on .....
- Classic Deviled Eggs RecipeDeviled eggs are wonderful as a starter recipe. The eggs are boiled, then cut in half lengthwise. Mash the yolk with mayonnaise and seasonings to make a delicious filling, then garnish this classic deviled eggs recipe with fresh herb sprigs. The resulting dish will look great and taste great too. This is something you can make in about 15 minutes, so if you are looking for starter recipes for a dinner party or something for last minute guests, this could become your go-to recipe. Tips for Delicious Deviled Eggs Some people like to add plenty of spice when making a classic deviled eggs recipe, and that could be chili powder, Tabasco sauce or .....
- Hungarian Venison Goulash StewThis Hungarian venison goulash stew is a real winter warmer of a recipe, offering amazing comfort food for those chilly fall and winter evenings. An authentic Hungarian recipe, this is sure to fill even the hungriest belly, and it is easy to make as well, even if you are new to cooking venison, new to making stews, or just never made this particular recipe before. The results will be great. Serving Hungarian Venison Goulash Stew Serve this Hungarian venison goulash stew with mashed potatoes, fluffy white rice, dumplings, vegetables, or anything else you want. Personally I like garlic mashed potatoes with plenty of butter mashed into them! .....
- How to Cook Lobster TailsLobster tails make a real treat and, when cooked right, you can expect a succulent, tasty result with plenty of ocean flavor. Learning how to cook lobster tails is straightforward and the results are impressive. These little delicacies might not be the cheapest type of seafood in the store (far from it, usually) but once it in a while it is nice to spoil yourself to a lobster tails recipe. Buying the tails is cheaper than buying a whole lobster, and they’re easier to prepare and eat too. I spotted some of these on sale just after Christmas. Of course we had a full-to-bursting refrigerator then (who doesn’t?) but they were frozen, .....
- Traditional English Scones RecipeBeing from Devon, in southwest England, it goes without saying I am fond of English scones and know a good traditional English scones recipe. Served with clotted cream and then jam on top (or jam and then clotted cream if you are from Cornwall rather than Devon), these wonderfully delicious little treats are best served with a pot of strong tea. English Scones vs. American Scones British scones are not the same as American ones which have more butter in the mix compared to flour than the British ones. This is why the traditional English scones recipe differs. Because butter is usually added before the cream and jam, less butter is used in .....
- Creamy Blue Cheese DipThis creamy blue cheese dip blends blue cheese with cream, mayonnaise and milk, with some lemon to add brightness and garlic to complement the flavor. Serve this with chips or vegetable crudites, or consider it as a side for your next buffalo chicken recipe, since the creaminess is the perfect contrast for the heat of the hot sauce. Creamy Blue Cheese Dip is So Easy to Make Making this creamy blue cheese dip is really easy blue cheese dipping sauce is simply a question of adding the ingredients to the food processor and pressing the button. Give it a few seconds and your dip will be ready to serve. If you don’t have a food processor .....
- Elegant Squid with Pistachio and LemonThis recipe is a little unusual, at least more unusual than most stuffed squid recipes. Not only does it look delicious but the tangy chili sauce is the perfect partner for the tender seafood, another great reason to prepare this fantastic dish. Squid with pistachio might be hard to imagine but believe me, it’s the stuff of dreams! The squid is stuffed with a pistachio and lemon infused brown rice which is really filling, and the sauce can be served on the side, like you see in the picture, or you can drizzle it over the plates and arrange the squid slices on top, as you wish. If you want to change this recipe a bit you can use fresh .....
- Fun Facts About WontonsLet’s have a look at some fun facts about wontons. Did you know that the word wonton comes from Cantonese, not Mandarin? These tasty little dumplings are believed to have been introduced to the West by early Chinatown settlers from Canton, Southern China. Wonton literally means “swallowing clouds” in Chinese. Cantonese ones are wrapped in a yellow wrapper made from egg and flour. They often contain shrimp and ground pork. The broth is often made from shrimp shells and other flavorful ingredients. What are some other fun facts about wontons? In Shanghai the wrapping is flour-based and thicker and whiter than in Canton. The filling will .....
- Easy Salmon Patties with BreadcrumbsWhip up some of these easy salmon patties with breadcrumbs and you have a quick and easy evening meal for the whole family. I use canned salmon to make these easy salmon patties but you could use tuna instead or even crab. Just ensure it is drained well before incorporating with the other ingredients. Drain the salmon in a sieve and then combine it with a beaten egg, some onion and breadcrumbs, and that is all you need to add to make easy salmon patties with breadcrumbs. If you want to add extra ingredients though, go ahead and consider herbs, garlic, or anything else you wish to throw in there. I use a food processor to combine the .....