Different Types of Glassware and Stemware
The word ‘glassware’ refers to tableware made from glass, including flatware, cutlery, drinkware and dishes which are set on the table before a meal. Glassware can also be used for cooking meals, such as Pyrex dishes. There are many different types of glassware to choose from.
Most glasses to drink from are either flat bottomed, tumblers, footed or stemware. You can also get yard beer glasses which are tall, conical glasses for beer which have a round base.
Buy What You Personally Like
Different people have their own tastes in glassware so it’s good there are lots of different types of glassware to choose from. I love those heavy lead crystal tumblers for drinking whiskey (well, bourbon in my case!) and I like delicate stemware for wine. I have some 16 oz glasses for drinking soda or water and various smaller ones. Have you seen those stemless wine glasses? I don’t mind them for red wine, but I think holding one of those when drinking white or rose can warm it up too much (which is why they are stemmed in the first place) but they’re less easy to knock over I suppose!
Types of Tumblers
Pilsner glass – for serving Pilsner beer
Pint glass – for serving beer or cider
Pony glass – for serving a small beer (140 ml)
Wheatbeer glass – for serving Weizenbeer (wheat beer)
Collins glass – a tall glass for serving a mixed drink
Highball glass – for mixed drinks
Iced tea glass – for serving iced tea
Juice glass – for fruit juice
Old fashioned glass – for serving a liqueur on the rocks. American old fashioned glasses are bigger than their UK counterparts
Shot glass – a small glass for serving shots
Water glass – for water
Whiskey glass – a small, thin glass for serving a shot
Chalice – ornate stem glass for ceremonial use
Cocktail – a wide shallow bowl on a stem for cocktails
Sherbet – a stemmed glass for serving sherbet or ice cream
Snifter – a wide bowl on a short stem for liqueur and brandy
Water – a large stemmed glass for water
Wine – a stemmed glass for wine
Champagne coupe – stem glass with a shallow, wide bowl for champagne
Champagne flute – stem glass with a narrow, tall bowl for champagne
Bordeaux or claret glass – for serving bordeaux or claret
Burgundy glass – for serving burgundy wine
Sherry glass – small glass for sherry
Set of 4 Beautiful Crystal Glasses, on Amazon
Pitcher – a large container with a spout
Treated Glass Dish – treated glass bowl, dish or plate for cooking
Some More Hot Content For You
- Bone Broth Recipes and Bone Broth BenefitsBone broth is a slow-cooked soup made from animal bones which are filled with magnesium and calcium, along with collagen. This beverage is a great addition to any diet, especially if you have skin problems, immunity issues or digestive trouble, because it can help with those. There has been a lot of talk lately about how to make bone broth recipes, with people wondering not only how to get the ingredients and make it, but also why it is so popular and what nutrients it includes. Combined with apple cider vinegar (to coax the minerals out of the bones) and seasonings or vegetables, bones make a tasty, nutritious broth which will keep for .....
- Tasty Chinese SeasoningsLearning how to season your Chinese recipes is essential if you want them to be successful. Chinese seasonings can liven up plain dishes. The seasonings used in Chinese recipes create the special flavors which differentiate the regional styles. Sesame oil, oyster sauce, chicken broth and soy sauce are the most commonly used seasonings in Chinese cuisine. These Chinese seasonings can be added before, during or after cooking, depending on the recipe. If you are serving a dish with rice, the seasoning should be heavier than if you were serving it alone. Savory dipping sauces are often served with Chinese recipes, and the most popular Chinese .....
- How to Make a Cassoulet the French WayA cassoulet is a slow-cooked casserole with meat (usually pork sausage, duck, mutton or goose) as well as white haricot beans and pork skin. This dish originated in the South of France, and is named after the casserole dish it is made in. Discover how to make a cassoulet the French way and you will be able to rustle up this wonderful meaty treat any time comfort food is the order of the day. There are lots of regional variations on cassoulet, although all of them feature white beans. Crackling (crispy fried pork rind) and fried bread cubes are often scattered on top before serving. Is your mouth watering yet? If not, keep reading and it will .....
- Unusual Japanese ToiletsJapanese toilets have become a popular addition to many bathrooms all over the world, as people are realizing these top-quality additions are perfect in every way. Unusual Japanese toilets are something worth finding out more about. They’re just intriguing! The toilets which you can find in Japan are typically more advanced than toilets which are manufactured anywhere else in the world. There are two main designs of the toilet commonly found in Japan – the squat toilet and the bidet toilet. The older style squat toilet is often seen in public toilets but this is not a style that appeals to average households who are more included .....
- Gorgeous Kitchen Accessories for Every TasteMost people have more technology in their kitchens than in any other room and these items are very useful for preparing all kinds of meals. Cooking is a lot of fun and time-saving appliances, gadgets and kitchen accessories make short work of cooking. Having an attractive kitchen is half the fun too and whether you are looking for retro red kitchen accessories, useful cheap kitchen accessories or something to suit your individual tastes, there is certainly plenty for you to choose from. Cooking is a stress reducer and sadly many people rely on quick, easy meal recipes rather than focus on making good quality food. Kitchen gadgets cut down on .....
- Catalan Mussels RecipeFresh mussels have their own distinctive flavor and they don’t need much added to them to bring out their natural taste. Mussels and cockles are great for making appetizers, or starter recipes. Mussels steamed are great, as are mussels cooked in other ways. One of the best ways to work with this seafood is to try out this Catalan mussels recipe. Adding Flavor to the Mussels In this Catalan mussels recipe, vinegar, lemon, oil and basil are used to add flavour and the natural mussel recipe taste shines through. This dish is best chilled overnight so allow plenty of time to do that. This is also a bonus if you are planning a number of .....
- Chinese Prawn Toast RecipeChinese prawn toast, or Chinese shrimp toast, is very popular and makes a tasty hot starter. You don’t have to serve Chinese food as the main course since this Chinese prawn toast recipe goes nicely as an appetizer before a Thai main course, Indian main course or anything else you like. How Does a Chinese Prawn Toast Recipe Taste? These little appetizers often have sesame seeds on but that is not essential. The toasts should be crispy without being burned, and taste fishy without being too fishy. Prawn toasts usually feature on Chinese restaurant menus because their wonderful crunch makes them very appetizing......
- Tips for Great WontonsOne of the best tips for great wontons is just to make them. Pick out an easy wonton recipe, perhaps a wonton soup or steamed wontons, and make them. Try your best and you will find it easy, maybe not the first time you try but don’t worry, you’ll soon be a pro! Your first batch might not look perfect. In fact, they might be a bit messy, since nobody learns to fold the perfect-looking wonton on their first attempt but, like with most things, the more practice you have the better you will become. Wonderful Wonton Soup Wonton soup is especially great for starting off with, because you can use a broth mix or some stock you have made .....
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....
- iPod Scams and How to Avoid ThemMaybe you have seen iPods or mp3 players on eBbay retailing for a few cents and wonder how come they’re so cheap when in the stores they cost many times that price. The phrase ‘iPod scams’ might come to mind right away because, well, who in their right mind would sell a perfectly working iPod for a few cents? Despite this being obvious, people still get sucked into iPod scams. Not all scams are obvious either. The price might be significantly higher, like in the shop or slightly less, but maybe there is something wrong with the iPod or perhaps it’s not genuine or doesn’t have the amount of memory it should. You .....