Different Types of Glassware and Stemware
The word ‘glassware’ refers to tableware made from glass, including flatware, cutlery, drinkware and dishes which are set on the table before a meal. Glassware can also be used for cooking meals, such as Pyrex dishes. There are many different types of glassware to choose from.
Most glasses to drink from are either flat bottomed, tumblers, footed or stemware. You can also get yard beer glasses which are tall, conical glasses for beer which have a round base.
Buy What You Personally Like
Different people have their own tastes in glassware so it’s good there are lots of different types of glassware to choose from. I love those heavy lead crystal tumblers for drinking whiskey (well, bourbon in my case!) and I like delicate stemware for wine. I have some 16 oz glasses for drinking soda or water and various smaller ones. Have you seen those stemless wine glasses? I don’t mind them for red wine, but I think holding one of those when drinking white or rose can warm it up too much (which is why they are stemmed in the first place) but they’re less easy to knock over I suppose!
Types of Tumblers
Pilsner glass – for serving Pilsner beer
Pint glass – for serving beer or cider
Pony glass – for serving a small beer (140 ml)
Wheatbeer glass – for serving Weizenbeer (wheat beer)
Collins glass – a tall glass for serving a mixed drink
Highball glass – for mixed drinks
Iced tea glass – for serving iced tea
Juice glass – for fruit juice
Old fashioned glass – for serving a liqueur on the rocks. American old fashioned glasses are bigger than their UK counterparts
Shot glass – a small glass for serving shots
Water glass – for water
Whiskey glass – a small, thin glass for serving a shot
Chalice – ornate stem glass for ceremonial use
Cocktail – a wide shallow bowl on a stem for cocktails
Sherbet – a stemmed glass for serving sherbet or ice cream
Snifter – a wide bowl on a short stem for liqueur and brandy
Water – a large stemmed glass for water
Wine – a stemmed glass for wine
Champagne coupe – stem glass with a shallow, wide bowl for champagne
Champagne flute – stem glass with a narrow, tall bowl for champagne
Bordeaux or claret glass – for serving bordeaux or claret
Burgundy glass – for serving burgundy wine
Sherry glass – small glass for sherry
Set of 4 Beautiful Crystal Glasses, on Amazon
Pitcher – a large container with a spout
Treated Glass Dish – treated glass bowl, dish or plate for cooking
Some More Hot Content For You
- Ruby’s Copycat Peanut Butter Wolf CocktailI first tried this gorgeous peanut butter wolf cocktail at Ruby Burgers in Queen Street, Exeter, currently my favorite American diner style restaurant in England! Although I don’t know the exact recipe they use, I have a copycat recipe for peanut butter wolf cocktail here which tastes very similar if you wish to recreate the flavor of this cocktail in your own home. It’s not the healthiest beverage but hey, festive times are a-coming and it’s always worth having a cocktail recipe like this up your sleeve! And consider trying my copycat version of their hoisin duck brioche too! Delicious Ingredients for Peanut Butter Wolf .....
- Exact Copycat IHOP Pancakes RecipeIf you love the flavor and texture of IHOP pancakes you are not alone. These delicious, fluffy treats make a wonderful breakfast, teamed with maple syrup or another type of syrup if you are kind of hungry, or eggs, bacon and the whole enchilada if you have a raging appetite! I wanted to make copycat IHOP pancakes so I could prepare them at home. Perhaps you are in the mood for this authentic IHOP pancakes recipe but you don’t really want to get in the car and drive, in which case try the following recipe because the texture and flavor will be just like the IHOP pancakes you know and love. Copycat IHOP Pancakes – Beautiful Lazy .....
- Pet ID Tags for Dogs and CatsIf your pet ever gets lost then having an ID tag is an absolute must, so you can be reunited quickly and relatively easy. The longer a pet is missing the more that can go wrong, and let’s face it, our pets are so precious. They are like members of the family, so consider pet ID tags as a must-have. A lost animal might not be able to find his or her way home, so invest in one of these tags (many cost under $5, even the personalized engraved ones) and if anything does happen, whoever finds your pet will know how to contact you to let you know they found your dog or cat. Some More Hot Content For You Bling Bling iPad Cases IHOP Pancakes .....
- Lightly Spiced Pumpkin SoupPumpkin soup is a real favorite in this household but I never buy it, I always make it! There are two main ways to prepare this soup – leaning either towards the savory or towards the sweet. This lightly spiced pumpkin soup appeals to anyone who loves pumpkin and is neither too savory nor too sweet. Personally I like my pumpkin soup sweet although I add savory ingredients to it such as onion and garlic. Although roasting the pumpkin first is something most people do, if you are in a rush, you could just add it to the pot and let it simmer in the stock until tender. The flavor will not be that different. But if you want the best .....
- 30 of the Best Easy Chili RecipesLook at this tempting selection of recipes and consider making chili for dinner tonight. After reading some of these easy chili recipes perhaps you won’t be able to resist! Nothing beats yummy chili, after all. Chili con carne is so simple to make and it is really flavorful. Here we have not only 30 recipes for chili but also plenty of hints and tips to ensure yours comes out really well, and also some videos and other suggestions to ensure your best chili recipes are always a huge success, and something you will eagerly anticipate making again and again. Chili con carne has a rich history with much speculation regarding where the dish .....
- Cheese Wontons with Homemade Hot SauceThis easy appetizer recipe combines cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce. You could use store-bought hot sauce but where’s the fun in that? Now cheese is certainly not a Chinese staple, which is why it is never seen on the menu in authentic Chinese food restaurants, but wonton skins go so well with cheese that not including a few cheese wontons recipes would be sinful! Yes these cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce do include dairy, which isn’t found in much Chinese cuisine or Asian cuisine in general, but try it and see. It works nicely. Which Cheese to Use This cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce recipe calls for Monterey Jack .....
- Japanese Scallop Soup with Snow PeasLight and aromatic, this Japanese scallop soup recipe is easy to make and makes a lovely appetizer, lunch or light evening meal. It can be made very quickly using whichever veggies you happen to have. The base of the Japanese scallop soup is chicken or vegetable stock and miso, then there are udon noodles and scallops in there too. You will be wowed by this recipe and want to make it again and again, because the flavor is so good. What are Udon Noodles? Have you tried udon noodles before? They are white, thick and a little chewy. Wheat-based, udon noodles are one of my favorite Japanese exports. You can get them fresh from the refrigerated .....
- Mexican Christmas Salad with a Hot TwistThis Mexican Christmas salad recipe is traditional in both Old and New Mexico, although we are adding a twist with the charred lettuce wedge. Although romaine (known as cos lettuce in some places) really comes to life on a grill, the delicate leaves do not always stand up to the temperature needed by the rest of the food on the grill, and nobody wants a wilted mess on their plate. Thanks to the blowtorch you can control how much heat you use and where it is directed. Besides, who wants to stand outside shivering over the grill on Christmas day, knee-deep in snow? Er, no thanks! How Mexican Christmas Salad is Prepared In this Mexican .....
- Superb Summer Dessert IdeasSummer is a great time for refreshing and fruit-based desserts and other tempting, light summer dessert ideas. If you want to linger a bit longer at the dinner table and savor something sweet while you do it there are plenty of choices. Most of the time you will want to serve something to either cool people down or showcase the wonderful summer fruits available during the warm months of the year. A favorite summer dessert is ice cream. To make this common dish a little more special you can make it yourself. If you have an ice cream maker and a little bit of time you can create a special recipe for whatever you’re craving that day, thinking .....
- Watermelon Radish Recipes Cooked and RawWhat is a watermelon radish, you might be wondering. It could be you have spotted watermelon radishes at your local market and you are curious what to do with such a vegetable. What kind of watermelon radish recipes are there? Maybe you are looking for a good watermelon recipe. Well I purchased some of these at my local market, and I have been experimenting! First of all, what is a watermelon radish anyway? Well, this vegetable is an edible globular root with green leaves and thin stems. The outside is whitish and the flesh is bright pink. It is tender-crisp and firm in texture. It tastes mild and a little peppery. You might taste some .....