Kitchen Gadgets Every Home Cook Should Have
Most people already have basic kitchen appliances such as toasters and kettles but these items do break! That’s why it’s good that you can pick up replacement kitchen gadgets cheaply.
Other small kitchen appliances include juicers, blenders, mini blenders and coffee machines and you can get tiny kitchen appliances if you have a tiny kitchen.
Others fold up or you can store them in the cupboard on on a wall. Once you have sorted out all your main kitchen appliances, it is time to stock up on handy time-saving tools and labor-saving kitchen gadgets.
Kitchen gadgets do not have to be complicated or expensive. Some of the best and most useful tools and gadgets cost mere cents and make cookery easier and less of a chore.
Most of us already have a kitchen scale, some basic utensils and some pots and pans but what else is handy in the kitchen? Here are some good ideas for the kitchen:
Silicone spatulas cost more than other types but they can tolerate heat up to 500ºF, they last for years and they don’t lose their shape, crack or chip. Big silicone spatulas are great for making cookies or cakes.
The best brand, in my opinion, is Henckels, and these are really sharp and will cut through raw meat quickly and easily – bacon, beef, chicken, anything. You can also stick them in the dishwasher for easy cleanup. They are a great investment.
You can also use them to trim pie crusts. Henckel’s is a well respected brand and if you have not used kitchen shears before you will wonder how you ever did without them.
Top Rated Henckels Kitchen Shears, on Amazon
You can choose from cordless can openers, electric ones, manual ones that open the can on the top or on the side and many other easy to handle types.
If you want the flavor of onion, ginger or citrus in your recipe, zesters or microplane graters are ideal. They were originally designed to smooth wood until a Canadian woman discovered their usefulness in the kitchen. Some people don’t have these as part of their kitchen gadgets collection but perhaps you would find one useful.
If you are cooking more than one thing at once, a digital timer can help you to keep track of everything. If you are cooking something that you don’t need to watch, a digital timer means you can get on with other things while it cooks.
Nonstick Baking Liners
These are easy to clean and sturdy and nothing sticks to them. Keep the cardboard folder they come in to store them in between uses.
Under-cooked food is a potential safety hazard and a meat thermometer can take the worry out of knowing whether your food is ready or not. That’s why this is one of the most useful kitchen gadgets. You can find out within a couple of seconds whether your food is ready or if it needs a few more minutes.
Weber Instant-Read LCD Thermometer, on Amazon
Whisks are great for blending ingredients or making sauces super smooth. Nylon whisks are especially good because you can use them in non-stick pans.
Serrated Bread Knife
Bread knives made bread slicing easy. You can use them to cut any type of loaf or bread roll and they come in different sizes.
This is a little kitchen tool that slices food very finely. It can also make crinkle cut food and julienne vegetables. The best mandolines come with a safety catch so you can’t cut yourself. How many of these kitchen gadgets do you have?
Some More Hot Content For You
- The Best Casserole Dishes to BuyAlthough it can be nice to have casseroles in many shapes, sizes and colors, that is not always practical. That is, unless you have a huge budget and a lot of storage spare. Instead it makes more sense to figure out what type of casserole you need, the brand you prefer, and the size and shape you want. Also consider the material the dish is going to be made of. Then you can get the best casserole dishes for your household. You might want to start off with one casserole dish, or you might like to invest in a set. Perhaps your favorite casserole broke and you are shopping for a replacement, in which case you will find you have more choice .....
- 3 Ingredient Cajun Griddled SalmonSalmon is one of my favorite fish to cook. It is high in omega-3’s which are essential for good health and the flavor is just amazing. That’s why I enjoy making this 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon recipe. Sometimes I like to spice it up by adding Cajun, Mexican or Indian spices, but other times I like the salmon just as it is, perhaps with a squeeze of lemon or just some salt and pepper. Salmon is nice added to a risotto or quiche. There are so many things you can do with this wonderful fish. The following 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon recipe just requires 3 ingredients, and those are some Cajun seasoning which you can .....
- Easy Chicken and Peach SaladThis easy chicken and peach salad takes mere minutes to put together and it’s a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. I’ve made it with chicken breast but you could use other cooked chicken pieces or some deli chicken slices. You could even use rotisserie chicken to make this (perhaps, still warm – yum!) This easy chicken and peach salad is made on a bed of iceberg lettuce, but of course you can switch the iceberg for any variety. Baby salad leaves would be good or chopped romaine. I like to add some lamb’s lettuce or a contrasting variety as well. Then you have the chicken on top, plus some peach for juicy .....
- Plus-Size Fashion to Flatter Curvy GirlsAlthough many stores carry plus-size fashion clothing these days for curvy girls, there are also stores designed with plus-size girls in mind where you don’t have to rifle through the racks searching for your size and everything is generously proportioned. These days plus-size clothes are not what they used to be. There is so much more choice and you can get some gorgeous pieces, items designed to flatter your curves rather than hide them, and clothing to enhance your best assets while disguising your least favorite, and that is something every girl wants to do regardless of shape or size. Range of Plus-Size Fashion Choices Because of an .....
- Cream Cheese Wonton RecipesCream cheese wontons recipes are so easy to make. All you need apart from the oil for frying are some wonton skins and cream cheese. I usually use Philadelphia cream cheese but you can use any kind you like. You could even use one of the flavored kinds, like herb cream cheese or tomato and basil cream cheese for your cream cheese wontons recipes, but the plain kind works just fine too. You can fold the wontons up however you want when making cream cheese wonton recipes, perhaps pulling two of the pointed tips towards each other, then the other two. Alternatively you could scrunch the tops to make a “moneybag” shape or simply fold .....
- Pink Toilets and Pink Toilet SeatsPink toilets will make a statement, which is what many people want to do in their homes. The bathroom can often be the best place to be adventurous so don’t rule pink toilets out entirely! If you have a typically conservative taste, yet you want to step out of the box, choosing pink toilets could be the way to achieve this goal. There are no rules when it comes to designing your bathroom; therefore, colorful accessories and fixtures can be an excellent choice. Deciding on the Design, Style and Color of the Toilet Contemporary toilets and bathroom designs have become incredibly popular, and many people are choosing bright, vibrant .....
- Traditional English Ploughman’s LunchA ploughman’s lunch is a wonderful treat, best enjoyed in the beer garden of an old country pub, with a cold pint of cider or real ale. You can order a traditional English ploughman’s lunch in many English pubs, and you’ll never be disappointed. Dating back to the 1930s, a traditional English ploughman’s lunch is comprised of crusty bread and butter, English cheese, pickled onions, pickles and chutney, and it might also include ham, apple, radishes, hard-boiled eggs or Scotch eggs, celery, cherry tomatoes, and other cold ingredients. Now you know why a traditional English ploughman’s lunch is so good. Farm .....
- Chicken Wonton Soup with CabbageThis flavorful chicken wonton soup with cabbage also has green onions, sesame oil and more. If you are looking for an alternative to pork wonton soup recipes you might enjoy this one. You can make the filling up to 2 days in advance if you like. This flavorful chicken wonton soup recipe makes a healthy dinner or a warming lunch and you can even enjoy it as a snack in the middle of the morning of afternoon, whenever you aren’t ready for a meal but you want something more substantial than just a cup of coffee, which is not going to fill you up too much but still warm your belly and put a smile on your face. Chicken wonton soup recipes .....
- Eating Authentic Mexican Food in MexicoI think it’s fair to say Mexican food has to be one of the most misunderstood cuisines of all. People who aren’t familiar with it assume it’s all tortillas, beef and chilies, while those who eat at fast food outlets might believe those dishes are more authentic than they are. Eating authentic Mexican food in Mexico isn’t difficult but there are lots of tourist places you ought to avoid if you want to be eating the real deal. And then you have Tex-Mex, Cali-Mex and all the other hybrids and regional variations, so it’s hardly surprising knowing what is authentic Mexican food and what is not can be confusing! .....
- Easy Chicken Laksa RecipeLaksa is a spicy noodle soup, and this easy chicken laksa recipe is well worth making. It originates from the Peranakan culture, which is a blend of Malay and Chinese. This culture is found in Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. There are 2 main kinds of laksa, curry laksa and asam laksa. The curry kind is a coconut curry soup and the asam kind is a sour fish soup. Different Kinds of Laksa Recipes Both kinds have noodles, and these might be thick rice noodles or rice vermicelli. Thick rice noodles are called ‘laksa noodles’ in some places. Curry laksa might include fish sticks, cockles, shrimp or bean curd puffs. Alternately it .....