Kitchen Gadgets Every Home Cook Should Have
Most people already have basic kitchen appliances such as toasters and kettles but these items do break! That’s why it’s good that you can pick up replacement kitchen gadgets cheaply.
Other small kitchen appliances include juicers, blenders, mini blenders and coffee machines and you can get tiny kitchen appliances if you have a tiny kitchen.
Others fold up or you can store them in the cupboard on on a wall. Once you have sorted out all your main kitchen appliances, it is time to stock up on handy time-saving tools and labor-saving kitchen gadgets.
Kitchen gadgets do not have to be complicated or expensive. Some of the best and most useful tools and gadgets cost mere cents and make cookery easier and less of a chore.
Most of us already have a kitchen scale, some basic utensils and some pots and pans but what else is handy in the kitchen? Here are some good ideas for the kitchen:
Silicone spatulas cost more than other types but they can tolerate heat up to 500ºF, they last for years and they don’t lose their shape, crack or chip. Big silicone spatulas are great for making cookies or cakes.
The best brand, in my opinion, is Henckels, and these are really sharp and will cut through raw meat quickly and easily – bacon, beef, chicken, anything. You can also stick them in the dishwasher for easy cleanup. They are a great investment.
You can also use them to trim pie crusts. Henckel’s is a well respected brand and if you have not used kitchen shears before you will wonder how you ever did without them.
Top Rated Henckels Kitchen Shears, on Amazon
You can choose from cordless can openers, electric ones, manual ones that open the can on the top or on the side and many other easy to handle types.
If you want the flavor of onion, ginger or citrus in your recipe, zesters or microplane graters are ideal. They were originally designed to smooth wood until a Canadian woman discovered their usefulness in the kitchen. Some people don’t have these as part of their kitchen gadgets collection but perhaps you would find one useful.
If you are cooking more than one thing at once, a digital timer can help you to keep track of everything. If you are cooking something that you don’t need to watch, a digital timer means you can get on with other things while it cooks.
Nonstick Baking Liners
These are easy to clean and sturdy and nothing sticks to them. Keep the cardboard folder they come in to store them in between uses.
Under-cooked food is a potential safety hazard and a meat thermometer can take the worry out of knowing whether your food is ready or not. That’s why this is one of the most useful kitchen gadgets. You can find out within a couple of seconds whether your food is ready or if it needs a few more minutes.
Weber Instant-Read LCD Thermometer, on Amazon
Whisks are great for blending ingredients or making sauces super smooth. Nylon whisks are especially good because you can use them in non-stick pans.
Serrated Bread Knife
Bread knives made bread slicing easy. You can use them to cut any type of loaf or bread roll and they come in different sizes.
This is a little kitchen tool that slices food very finely. It can also make crinkle cut food and julienne vegetables. The best mandolines come with a safety catch so you can’t cut yourself. How many of these kitchen gadgets do you have?
Some More Hot Content For You
- Types of Chinese TeaWhy not pair your crispy fried crab Rangoon wontons with a refreshing cup of Chinese tea? There are many types of Chinese tea to choose from so you can quench your thirst and enjoy the delicious, fragrant taste. Chinese tea has a long history and the tea-drinking ritual has been around for over 1000 years. The Chinese were the first to discover the flavor of tea leaves, and tea is an integral part of daily life in China. Chinese tea used to be divided into four grades, depending on quality, and the Chinese tea culture was developed a lot during the Ming and Song dynasties, popularizing it in neighboring countries such as Korea and Japan. .....
- Perfect Cheese FondueCheese fondue is an amazing dish made with melted cheeses and other ingredients, and served with chunks of bread for dipping. Making fondue is really simple, and largely just a matter of adding your ingredients to a fondue dish and letting them melt and blend. Some fondue sets use a flame while others are electric. You can also get different kinds, so if you like to make chocolate fondue or meat fondue, you might like to collect the fondue kits, since the thick earthenware cheese fondue bowl isn’t the one needed to make meat or chocolate fondue. Our recipe for cheese fondue is very simple to make and you will love the authentic cheese .....
- Spicy Potato CakesSpicy potato cakes go beautifully with any poultry, meat or fish dish, as an alternative to hash brown, boiled or mashed potatoes, or even rice, pasta or other starchy sides. Something else you can do with these spicy potato cakes is serve them for breakfast, perhaps with fried eggs, mushrooms and a sausage or some bacon strips. They are also nice served as a snack with sour cream on top. The spicy potato cakes recipe is Indian influenced, and a lot of Indian dishes feature spices. Adding spices to something doesn’t mean the taste has to be fiery hot. Instead you can add a fragrant, aromatic touch by carefully selecting which spices .....
- Chicken Yakitori RecipeChicken yakitori is a Japanese dish made with chicken meat or chicken offal which is threaded on to bamboo skewers and grilled. Order a chicken yakitori recipe in a restaurant in Japan and you will be asked whether you want it done with salt or with tare sauce (a sake, soy sauce, sugar and mirin condiment) and this will go on the chicken before cooking. A Traditional Japanese Flavor The following chicken yakitori recipe is very simple to make and you will love the flavor of it. The chicken is flavored with mirin, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and green onion, then grilled until done. While any part of the chicken can be used to make yakitori in .....
- Low Carb Mini Quiches RecipeWhether you serve these low carb mini quiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a snack, there is no doubt these mini quiches will satisfy your hunger. Eggs are a basic staple on low carb diets because they offer plenty of nutrients, they are filling and tasty, and there are so many recipes you can make with this versatile, budget ingredient. Eggs are great for vegetarians and pescetarians, as well as carnivores. Low Carb Mini Quiches: An Easy Freezy Idea! One great thing about this low carb mini quiches recipe is you can freeze the quiches, then just pop one in the microwave for half a minute. Make a big batch at once and you will .....
- What to Eat with Type 2 DiabetesType 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes affecting around 90 – 95 % of the 26 million children and adults with the condition in United States. Hardly surprisingly, controlling the diet is a very important part of looking after yourself. This is why knowing what to eat with Type 2 diabetes is so important. Also known as non-insulin dependent diabetes, it is a chronic condition where the individuals have problems regulating the blood sugar in their body. Those who have high blood sugar are either unable to produce enough insulin or are not responsive to insulin. In recent years the incidence of diabetes has increased, perhaps partly .....
- Help for Yeast Infections During PregnancyYeast infections are incredibly common, and women of all ages can suffer with this irritating problem, and throughout pregnancy it can get far worse. These infections are never fun but yeast infections during pregnancy can be extra rough. Many women will discover that a yeast infection is common when they are expecting a baby. Therefore, seeking a solution to the problem is essential, and will ensure that your pregnancy is comfortable. Your body is an amazing thing, and there are several different factors that can contribute to you suffering with yeast infections during pregnancy. The fungus Candida is present in your body at all times, .....
- The Best Beauty Books You Can GetDo you want to improve or change the way you look? If so, have you thought of learning exactly what kinds of cosmetics are best for you, along with how to correctly put them on? Do you want to learn all the latest makeup trends and find out how to apply makeup like a pro? If you are, you may have turned to the web or fashion magazines, but have you thought about buying a beauty book? Some of the best beauty books will give you all the tricks and tips you need to know in order to look your best. If you haven’t or perhaps if you have, you might be wondering whether or not the best beauty books are really worth the money. When it comes to .....
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....
- Easy Chicken Laksa RecipeLaksa is a spicy noodle soup, and this easy chicken laksa recipe is well worth making. It originates from the Peranakan culture, which is a blend of Malay and Chinese. This culture is found in Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. There are 2 main kinds of laksa, curry laksa and asam laksa. The curry kind is a coconut curry soup and the asam kind is a sour fish soup. Different Kinds of Laksa Recipes Both kinds have noodles, and these might be thick rice noodles or rice vermicelli. Thick rice noodles are called ‘laksa noodles’ in some places. Curry laksa might include fish sticks, cockles, shrimp or bean curd puffs. Alternately it .....