Types of Bath Tubs and Bath Taps
Bathrooms are an essential part of every home, and they can be as modern or traditional as you desire. Every element of the bathroom can suit your taste and needs, ensuring that this room in your home is perfect. There are different types of bath tubs to choose from you can get the result you really want.
There are essential items which all bathrooms need, including a sink, toilet, and shower or bath. If you are fortunate enough to have a large bathroom you can have both.
Many people cannot live without their bath tub, and some will spend hours relaxing and soaking away their stresses after deciding which of the types of bath tubs is best for your needs.
Choosing the perfect bath is essential – something which will be practical, stylish, large enough, and affordable.
You will need to decide on your budget for the bath tub, as there is a huge array of different styles and materials to choose from and lots of types of bath tubs, some of which might work better than others in your bathroom. You should look at the other fixtures in your bathroom, and decide whether you want the bath tub to match or be unique.
You can choose between modern and stylish, or traditional and antique for your bath tub, and all of them have different advantages and benefits. Some people prefer one while others prefer another style, or even prefer to mix and match for a quirky look.
Modern and Contemporary Types of Bath Tubs
Many of the modern styles are made from acrylic or plastic which are very affordable. This style of bath is lightweight and easy to put in place, making it ideal for the DIY enthusiast.
Mermaid Freestanding Bathtub, on Amazon
Circular bath tubs are very fashionable but you will need to ensure that you have enough room for this style to fit comfortably. This is one of the most special types of bath tubs.
You may also want to be different with the material for the bath, and marble is an excellent choice if you want luxury. This fantastic material is expensive but it will make your bathroom look really elegant.
Traditional Older Styles
Victorian bath tubs are coming back into fashion, and more people than ever before want a traditional roll top bath. However, this style of bath would have been made from steel or cast iron which are incredibly heavy. Therefore, you need to consider how you will move the bath tub, and if the floor can support the weight.
Antique cast iron bath tubs can be found and restored; however, they are rather on the expensive side. You need to consider having a replica antique bath tub, which will save you money. If you want a traditional, older style bath tub, you will need to ensure that the decoration in your bathroom matches this style. There are not many types of bath tubs which would look quite as beautiful in an older house.
Saving Space and Money
If both your budget and bathroom are small, but you want a bath tub, there are options for you to choose. Space saving bath tubs are an excellent idea, and are becoming popular with people who have small bathrooms. The design of the bath tub will ensure that very little floor space is used, and you still have the benefits of a bath.
Regular bath tubs might seem boring but they are now available in several different designs, shapes, and colours to match your taste. There are several different lengths available, ensuring that regardless of how tall you are, you will find the ideal bath.
Beautiful Bath Taps
The space that you have available will determine the overall size and style of the bath; however, there is a huge array of different options. Regardless of your budget, you will be able to create the ultimate area of tranquility.
Gorgeous Modern Waterfall Tap, on Amazon
You may not have considered the importance of the taps in your bathroom but they can make a huge difference. Taking the time to choose the perfect taps for the bathroom will ensure that every element looks amazing. The bath and taps will be a focal point of the room, and is often the first thing that people see.
There are several different factors which you need to consider when selecting the ideal taps, which include style, durability, price and ease of use. Modern, stylish taps are fantastic although they can be complicated to operate, and are not ideal for small children. Therefore, traditional designs are better suited to families.
Setting Your Budget and Buying Quality
So now you know what types of bath tubs you like, consider taps. Top quality taps will last far longer than cheap varieties, and you need to consider this when setting your budget. Cheap taps may seem like a good idea, but in a short space of time you will notice that they are tarnished and will need replacing. Be realistic regarding your budget though, and ensure that you spend as much as you can afford on the taps.
Choosing the right bath and taps can be a daunting prospect but if you consider the style and decoration throughout your bathroom, you will find inspiration.
If the other fixtures within the room are traditional, you may not want modern taps. The style of the bath will often determine the style of the taps, which are used.
Vintage Style Brass Mixer Tap, on Amazon
Both single and double taps have advantages, and you need to decide, which variety you prefer to have in your bathroom. Single handed taps provide a more sleek design and are often seen in modern bathrooms. There are several different styles, and designs for these taps, however, they do not offer as much water control.
Traditional or Contemporary
Young children will often struggle with a single tap so having a separate hot and cold option is often considered to be better. When searching for a traditional feel to your bathroom, you may want to consider lever and cross head taps. Both of these designs are excellent and will provide you with a Victorian inspiration.
These designs are perfect for classic bathroom styles and will look fantastic with your bath. If you want a more contemporary feel to your taps, pillar and mono-basin and bath tubs are stylish. These taps will provide a minimalist appearance to your bathroom, and ensure that you create a sleek room.
Some More Hot Content For You
- 1940s Kitchen StyleRetro kitchens are becoming more popular at the moment and it is a lot of fun to redecorate in the style of a certain era. 1940s style kitchens are particularly fun to create. Glass knobs, painted kitchen cabinets and vintage linens can be combined with modern appliances, for a functional and nice looking themed kitchen. You will not have to spend much money to get a 40s themed kitchen full of gorgeous 1940s kitchen style. Here are some good ideas to start you off – Lighting For an authentic 1940s style kitchen, try to keep the lighting simple. You can get wall sconces or vintage ceiling lights for an authentic look. You should add in .....
- Easy Starter Recipe IdeasStarter recipes as they are called in the UK, or appetizer recipes as they are known in the US, are little snacks which are served before the main dish. There are easy starter recipe ideas to suit every occasion. There are hot and cold starter recipes that everyone can prepare, no matter whether you happen to be a newbie in the kitchen or an experienced and seasoned chef. So what are you planning to make as your New Year’s Eve starter recipes? A parma ham and melon starter, prawn cocktail, cheeseballs, canapes or something else? Keep reading if you are still looking for New Year’s Eve appetizer inspiration. Easy Starter Recipe .....
- Red Chicken Chili with TomatoesI love this red chicken chili with tomatoes recipe because it is lower in calories than a beef based chili yet it offers all the wonderful flavors you would expect from chili. Make it as mild as you wish or as spicy as you dare, and enjoy the fresh flavors it boasts. This red chicken chili with tomatoes recipe is so easy to put together. You just need to cook the chicken with the veggies, then add the other ingredients and let the mixture simmer for 45 minutes or so. That is all you need to do to make it. Kids love chili just as much as the grownups although they aren’t usually so keen on spice, so if you are making this for the whole .....
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore with Thighs and BreastsThis easy chicken cacciatore with thighs and breasts recipe is seriously impressive. With the right wow factor for a dinner party but with an ease of preparation to make the cook smile, you can’t go wrong with a chicken cacciatore recipe. This easy chicken cacciatore with thighs and breasts features chicken as well as wine, fresh herbs, tomato sauce and a few capers for good measure. Garlic and onion also feature for a nice, earthy flavor. Serve your chicken cacciatore with noodles or rice, or even mashed potatoes if you want to have the ‘comfort food’ type appeal, as well as your favorite steamed veggies. What does .....
- Unusual Japanese ToiletsJapanese toilets have become a popular addition to many bathrooms all over the world, as people are realizing these top-quality additions are perfect in every way. Unusual Japanese toilets are something worth finding out more about. They’re just intriguing! The toilets which you can find in Japan are typically more advanced than toilets which are manufactured anywhere else in the world. There are two main designs of the toilet commonly found in Japan – the squat toilet and the bidet toilet. The older style squat toilet is often seen in public toilets but this is not a style that appeals to average households who are more included .....
- History of WontonsEveryone loves wontons! So what is the history of wontons and how did they come about, get so popular and make their way all over the globe into all of our hearts? Well, wontons originated in North China. They used to be sealed stuffed buns and were named ‘huidun’ which means chaos. The name was later changed to ‘wonton’ to suit the Chinese writing characters. Today the word wonton is understood all over the globe, and new varieties and flavors are coming out all the time. Flour wonton wrappers are stuffed, and then boiled, steamed or fried. They are very similar to Chinese dumplings, although wontons are made with .....
- Sesame SeedsSesame is a flowering plant and it is naturalized and cultivated for its edible seeds. Sesame seeds are believed to be the oldest oilseed crop and has been domesticated for more than 5000 years. The plant is drought-tolerant, making it a ‘survivor crop’ – capable of growing where most other crops would fail. In 2010, more than 3.84 million metric tons of sesame seeds were harvested in the world, the largest producer of which was Myanmar. India exported the most and Japan was the biggest importer. Sesame has one of the highest oil contents of any seed. This rich, nutty-tasting ingredient is used in many different cuisines, .....
- White Food Recipes for After Teeth WhiteningHaving your teeth professionally whitened is the best way to get that gorgeous pearly shade without breaking the bank on veneers or another expensive treatment. The process itself is usually painless although your teeth might be a little sensitive afterwards. You will need white food recipes for after teeth whitening for a couple of days. Even though it’s possible to fashion a menu from the list of ‘allowed’ white foods it’s helpful to have some fresh ideas to keep things interesting! Read on to learn what you can eat after teeth whitening, what you must avoid after teeth whitening, and some more teeth whitening .....
- Best Toaster Oven Under $30Buy the best toaster oven for less than $30 and be assured it will be perfect quality. Perhaps you have read some reviews of toaster ovens or maybe you are just thinking about adding one to your kitchen. Non stick cookware toasters review articles are essential to provide you with the information you need to decide if this toaster will suit your needs and budget. Toaster ovens are cheaper to run than large ones, so you can save money if you are just cooking or reheating a small amount of food. They will not overheat your kitchen the way large ovens can either, which is another benefit of the best toaster oven......
- Couscous Salad with Parsley and LimeThis is such a refreshing salad and it’s easy to make. We are using regular couscous but if you like Israeli couscous that is also fine, or you could consider bulgar wheat for a result for like tabbouleh. This couscous salad with parsley and lime is zingy, refreshing and really tasty. The key to making a good couscous salad is freshness. I find the more fresh ingredients it contains the better it is, so grab some tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and limes, along with the other ingredients, and you will be able to rustle up this delicious dish and experience all the amazing fresh flavors the way they are supposed to be enjoyed. How to Serve .....