Types of Bath Tubs and Bath Taps
Bathrooms are an essential part of every home, and they can be as modern or traditional as you desire. Every element of the bathroom can suit your taste and needs, ensuring that this room in your home is perfect. There are different types of bath tubs to choose from you can get the result you really want.
There are essential items which all bathrooms need, including a sink, toilet, and shower or bath. If you are fortunate enough to have a large bathroom you can have both.
Many people cannot live without their bath tub, and some will spend hours relaxing and soaking away their stresses after deciding which of the types of bath tubs is best for your needs.
Choosing the perfect bath is essential – something which will be practical, stylish, large enough, and affordable.
You will need to decide on your budget for the bath tub, as there is a huge array of different styles and materials to choose from and lots of types of bath tubs, some of which might work better than others in your bathroom. You should look at the other fixtures in your bathroom, and decide whether you want the bath tub to match or be unique.
You can choose between modern and stylish, or traditional and antique for your bath tub, and all of them have different advantages and benefits. Some people prefer one while others prefer another style, or even prefer to mix and match for a quirky look.
Modern and Contemporary Types of Bath Tubs
Many of the modern styles are made from acrylic or plastic which are very affordable. This style of bath is lightweight and easy to put in place, making it ideal for the DIY enthusiast.
Mermaid Freestanding Bathtub, on Amazon
Circular bath tubs are very fashionable but you will need to ensure that you have enough room for this style to fit comfortably. This is one of the most special types of bath tubs.
You may also want to be different with the material for the bath, and marble is an excellent choice if you want luxury. This fantastic material is expensive but it will make your bathroom look really elegant.
Traditional Older Styles
Victorian bath tubs are coming back into fashion, and more people than ever before want a traditional roll top bath. However, this style of bath would have been made from steel or cast iron which are incredibly heavy. Therefore, you need to consider how you will move the bath tub, and if the floor can support the weight.
Antique cast iron bath tubs can be found and restored; however, they are rather on the expensive side. You need to consider having a replica antique bath tub, which will save you money. If you want a traditional, older style bath tub, you will need to ensure that the decoration in your bathroom matches this style. There are not many types of bath tubs which would look quite as beautiful in an older house.
Saving Space and Money
If both your budget and bathroom are small, but you want a bath tub, there are options for you to choose. Space saving bath tubs are an excellent idea, and are becoming popular with people who have small bathrooms. The design of the bath tub will ensure that very little floor space is used, and you still have the benefits of a bath.
Regular bath tubs might seem boring but they are now available in several different designs, shapes, and colours to match your taste. There are several different lengths available, ensuring that regardless of how tall you are, you will find the ideal bath.
Beautiful Bath Taps
The space that you have available will determine the overall size and style of the bath; however, there is a huge array of different options. Regardless of your budget, you will be able to create the ultimate area of tranquility.
Gorgeous Modern Waterfall Tap, on Amazon
You may not have considered the importance of the taps in your bathroom but they can make a huge difference. Taking the time to choose the perfect taps for the bathroom will ensure that every element looks amazing. The bath and taps will be a focal point of the room, and is often the first thing that people see.
There are several different factors which you need to consider when selecting the ideal taps, which include style, durability, price and ease of use. Modern, stylish taps are fantastic although they can be complicated to operate, and are not ideal for small children. Therefore, traditional designs are better suited to families.
Setting Your Budget and Buying Quality
So now you know what types of bath tubs you like, consider taps. Top quality taps will last far longer than cheap varieties, and you need to consider this when setting your budget. Cheap taps may seem like a good idea, but in a short space of time you will notice that they are tarnished and will need replacing. Be realistic regarding your budget though, and ensure that you spend as much as you can afford on the taps.
Choosing the right bath and taps can be a daunting prospect but if you consider the style and decoration throughout your bathroom, you will find inspiration.
If the other fixtures within the room are traditional, you may not want modern taps. The style of the bath will often determine the style of the taps, which are used.
Vintage Style Brass Mixer Tap, on Amazon
Both single and double taps have advantages, and you need to decide, which variety you prefer to have in your bathroom. Single handed taps provide a more sleek design and are often seen in modern bathrooms. There are several different styles, and designs for these taps, however, they do not offer as much water control.
Traditional or Contemporary
Young children will often struggle with a single tap so having a separate hot and cold option is often considered to be better. When searching for a traditional feel to your bathroom, you may want to consider lever and cross head taps. Both of these designs are excellent and will provide you with a Victorian inspiration.
These designs are perfect for classic bathroom styles and will look fantastic with your bath. If you want a more contemporary feel to your taps, pillar and mono-basin and bath tubs are stylish. These taps will provide a minimalist appearance to your bathroom, and ensure that you create a sleek room.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Ginger Roasted Pork with ThymePork tenderloin suits flavors like fruit, apple or even ginger, which is why we are using ginger in this roasted pork recipe. Along with thyme, the ginger gives the pork a really good flavor, and after the pork is cooked, we are giving it a couple of minutes under the broiler just to crisp up the top and caramelize the preserves, adding a mouthwatering sweetness and crunch. This ginger roasted pork recipe is sure not to disappoint. This is wonderful served with mashed potatoes and perhaps some roasted vegetables. You might want to arrange some chopped veggies around the pork and roast them together. Leftover pork can be served with potato .....
- The Benefits of Cooking Authentic Chinese RecipesAuthentic Chinese recipes are incredibly popular and have several different benefits, which is why more people than ever before are searching for the best recipe ideas. You might enjoy Chinese food but it’s fair to say that authentic Chinese recipes will taste very different. Once you have discovered several different recipes to try at home, you can begin to enjoy these benefits and appreciate real Chinese food for what it really is. Why Choose Authentic Chinese Recipes? Chinese food is considered to be incredibly healthy and very fast to make, ensuring that it is the perfect snack food. Some More Hot Content For You Bling Bling iPad .....
- Incredible Pink Diamond RingsLook at these amazing pink diamond rings. Every lady loves diamonds. They are a girl’s best friend after all. But pink ones can be truly stunning, and they are really popular at the moment, especially in celebrity circles. Have you seen a real pink diamond? These stones are incredible. You can get real, lab-created or imitation pink diamonds of varying qualities. So pick something which fits not only your style but your budget. Different Options for Different Budgets You can get a pink ‘diamondlike’ CZ ring for $20 or a high quality genuine one for $10,000. It depends how much you are willing to spend on pink diamond rings. .....
- The Most Famous British StartersBritish food is considered by some non-Brits to be boring or stodgy. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Great British starter recipes include such delights as prawn cocktail, brown Windsor soup, cheese and tomato tartlets, homemade pate and more. Learn more about famous British starters and you will be able to rustle up all manner of delicious fare. In Wales you might find Welsh rarebit on the menu, which is basically grilled cheese on toast, but beer and Worcestershire sauce are used in the traditional recipe. Scottish food varies as widely as Scotland itself does but Scottish soups like cock-a-leekie and Scotch broth usually go .....
- Lebanese Lamb MeatballsI love this Lebanese lamb meatballs recipe. I’ve only made the meatballs once so far but it’s something I’m definitely going to make again! These Lebanese lamb meatballs boast plenty of herbs in the form of parsley and mint. You might be surprised at the amount of herbs in these meatballs but, believe me, the combination works really well. Ground lamb is something I don’t use that often, just because the only place I can get it where I live is the Cash and Carry and that’s not somewhere I go much, but when I do use it I like to make something special, perhaps some comfort food like shepherd’s pie, or else .....
- Wonton Soup RecipesThere are hundreds of different wonton soup recipes to choose from and you can even make your own variations by switching one kind of meat for another, using different vegetables or even using a different kind of stock or broth for the wonton soup. The word “wonton” literally means “swallowing a cloud” and that is what the floating wontons are meant to resemble in the soup. You can serve wonton soup recipes for lunch or dinner, or serve small portions as an appetizer. One of the more unusual wonton soup recipes is duck wonton soup and the following recipe shows you how to make this delicious dish. You can make this .....
- Simple Zucchini PancakesThese simple zucchini pancakes make a great breakfast and you can make them in advance, so what is not to love about that? Low in calories and fat (especially if you fry them in cooking spray rather than butter or oil) they can be enjoyed with sausage or bacon, or simply as they are, perhaps with some garlic mushrooms on the side or a broiled tomato. Try these simple zucchini pancakes and you will be surprised how great they are. Different Types of Pancakes Pancakes range from thin and crepe-like to thick and fluffy, and different people prefer them different ways. And yes some even prefer these simple zucchini pancakes. Personally I am more .....
- Help for Yeast Infections During PregnancyYeast infections are incredibly common, and women of all ages can suffer with this irritating problem, and throughout pregnancy it can get far worse. These infections are never fun but yeast infections during pregnancy can be extra rough. Many women will discover that a yeast infection is common when they are expecting a baby. Therefore, seeking a solution to the problem is essential, and will ensure that your pregnancy is comfortable. Your body is an amazing thing, and there are several different factors that can contribute to you suffering with yeast infections during pregnancy. The fungus Candida is present in your body at all times, .....
- Quick Thai Green Curry with ChickenThai curries are fragrant and aromatic, and this quick Thai green curry with chicken is no exception. Even though it can be on the table in under half an hour, the flavor is authentic and wonderful. You are not going to be missing anything by making a speedy curry over one that has to be cooked for longer, or takes longer to make. Quick Thai Green Curry with Chicken: Such Great Flavors The following quick Thai green curry with chicken dish is based on chicken breasts and green curry paste, and it also features garlic, ginger and lime juice for aromatic flavor, mushrooms and mushroom soup. Although Thai curry is usually made with coconut .....
- Super Low Calorie Cajun Lime Stir FryLow in calories yet sky-high in flavor, this low calorie Cajun lime stir fry is something you will want to make regularly. Vegetables such as bell peppers, celery, carrot and mushrooms are combined with tomato concentrate, Cajun seasoning and lime juice to make a simple yet wonderfully flavored dish. Work out the calories and it is only about 100, which is very low indeed. The bell peppers are the main ingredient in this low calorie Cajun lime stir fry, supported by the other veggies, but you can swap the vegetables for others if you wish. Broccoli, zucchini and okra would all work in our low calorie Cajun lime stir fry recipe. The sauce is .....