Salmon is a powerhouse of nutrition. This salmon in mustard cream sauce recipe is just one idea for incorporating this juicy fish into a recipe. Wild-caught salmon boasts sweetness as well as a fatty touch which balances things out beautifully for the perfect mouth-feel.
This would be beautiful with any kind of potatoes – mashed, boiled (with dill weed!) or crispy and roasted, along with your favorite green vegetable. Broccoli, zucchini (courgette) and green beans are definite contenders. Personally I love grilled green asparagus, so consider that as well.
If you want to double up on the sauce it would make a fine vegetarian dip for chips, bread or veggie crudites. If you are serving this with mashed potatoes, simply ladle some of the extra sauce over those too. We are going to broil (UK: cook under the grill) the salmon for optimum results, and you will find the other ingredients add plenty of appeal to the overall flavor. Continue reading
I first tried spinach potato knishes (pronounced kuh-NISH-es) at Kenny and Ziggy’s in Houston TX, and wow was this some spectacular comfort food. I’m British so I am used to Cornish pasties (a tasty pastry-enclosed meat and potato recipe from the southwest corner of England) and I also enjoy pastry-wrapped or pastry-enclosed vegetable recipes for lunch or as snacks.
What are knishes, I asked myself, perusing the menu. Google to the rescue and I read the description. My mouth began to water and I thought wow I have to order these! So, now you’re asking what are knishes exactly? Well this tasty Jewish recipe is a savory pie. Knishes can be filled with potatoes, meat, sauerkraut, kasha, cheese, onions, spinach or a combination of these. Knishes may be baked, grilled or fried. The flavor remains similar but the spinach potato knishes texture varies depending on the cooking method employed.
Spinach potato knishes, which like the others are vegetarian knishes, can be compared to other pastry appetizers or baked dumpling type dishes, such as empanadas from Mexico, pasties from the UK, calzone from Italy or pirozhki from Russia. You can also compare the format and flavor to Jamaican patties, southeast Asian curry puffs, South and Central Asian samosas, Middle Eastern fatayers and Portuguese rissols.
Some More Hot Content For You
This delicious Thai tom kha gai soup recipe is made with 10 ingredients only plus a few optional extras for serving. We are using chicken and mushrooms to make this, along with typical Thai ingredients like galangal, lemongrass, lime, coriander, coconut, fish sauce and palm sugar to make it.
This is a tasty, filling Thai chicken soup recipe and it’s also therapeutic if you’re under the weather or suffering from a cold or the flu. The chicken and vegetables are nourishing while the steam from the soup helps with decongestion.
As for the garnish, we like to present this traditional tom kha gai soup recipe with cilantro, chilies, lime leaves and lemongrass but feel free to omit one or all of those, as you prefer.
How to Serve Our Tom Kha Gai Soup Recipe
This makes a great lunch or evening meal, perhaps served with something crunchy as an appetizer. Egg rolls or spring rolls would be fine, or you might like to have something seafood-based to begin the meal instead. Because this is a spicy soup, consider following up with something creamy to cool the mouth, perhaps mousse or ice cream.
While the Spice is Nice in Thai Chicken Soup… Tweak as Needed
Feel free to alter the amount of spice in this tom kha gai soup recipe. Not everyone likes the chilies although they are popular in many Asian cuisines so those cultures are more accustomed to them.
A lot of traditional Thai recipes are quite spicy but when making your own you are in charge of what goes in there, so alter the recipe as you see fit. If you are a fan of Thai recipes, try our Thai fried rice or Pad Thai dishes. Continue reading
You can make a perfectly delicious hummus recipe no tahini in a couple of minutes. In fact a hummus recipe without tahini is just as good as the traditional kind. However you choose to enjoy your hummus – served as a dip with breadsticks or veggie crudites, or paired with homemade falafel in pita bread, you will love this version.
As well as the chickpeas, which are also known as garbanzo beans, you are going to need oil, garlic, lemon, cumin and salt. Those ingredients will help you get the right hummus recipe no tahini texture along with the perfect flavor. You might want to thin it with a bit more water and/or add more salt to get the flavor just right.
Two tablespoons of this delicious hummus recipe no tahini equates to 70 calories. If you still want to use tahini just add 2 tablespoons of it to the mixture in the food processor, and the delicious result is all yours to enjoy. Making several dips? Why not try our Greek yogurt avocado dip as well, or a tasty crab dip? Serve them all at once as a trio along with your favorite crackers or crudites. You can’t fail to impress! Continue reading
Chicken tortilla soup is one of my favorite soups. I love everything about it – the juicy chicken, the tomato-ey broth, the crisp tortillas on top, the cheese, just… everything! I like to keep my soup recipes simple, so you will see the following is as streamlined as I could make it. Grab the ingredients you need and make this. I promise, whether you want a light lunch or simple supper, you’re going to love it. There are lots of different chicken tortilla soup with Rotel tomatoes recipes to try but I happen to like this one just because it is so easy.
What You Need to Make It
Along with the cooked chicken and Rotel tomatoes you will need refried beans, chicken broth, corn and either some fried tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips, whichever you have.
If I am jazzing this up, I might add a scoop of sour cream and some avocado on top, and I like to add a good amount of shredded Mexican blend cheese as well. Those additions to the basic recipe make all the difference, but they are purely optional. So just add what you want to have.
This chicken tortilla soup with Rotel tomatoes makes a great meal and it’s surprisingly filling too. There are crockpot chicken tortilla soup recipes too, but honestly if you’re using leftover shredded chicken you might as well simply mix the ingredients together in a pan and cook the soup in a matter of minutes. Continue reading
Corn is always good especially when you cook the fresh kind and slice it off the cob in sweet, juicy slices. I love this Monterey style sweet corn recipe as a side dish because it seems to complement just about everything from chicken or seafood to steak or game meats.
Why You Should Make This Monterey Style Sweet Corn Recipe
This dish is easy to prepare, attractively bright colored and is sure to appeal to even the youngest members of the family – those who are normally picky about vegetable-based sides!
I find about a tablespoon of jalapeno enough to give the the Monterey style sweet corn a bit of a bite, but of course some people prefer to add more while others want to omit all traces of spice from their food, so you be the judge here and adapt it to suit your own palate.
If you need to rustle this up in a hurry, you could use well-drained canned corn but honestly that doesn’t really do this south of the border inspired dish justice, so get some fresh ears of corn and make it from scratch. That way you will have a real explosion of flavor in your mouth with every mouthful.
- Benefits of Tai ChiWhen most people think of exercise, they think of strenuous activity. Sweating it out at the gym while trying to figure out the weight machines or pounding the pavement outside isn’t the only way to exercise, though. Some exercise can be relaxing and Tai Chi is one of those. Tai Chi is not only an exercise for the body, but only for the mind. There are benefits of Tai Chi most other exercises won’t give you......
- Bring Modern Kitchen Trends into Your HomeModern kitchen trends can be daunting and many homeowners are concerned that they will dominate the house or not look right, or they find another reason to stick with the old stuff. However, if you research the different trends correctly, and ensure that you choose wisely, your kitchen will look and feel fantastic. You can include as many or as few of the modern kitchen trends as you want, and they can enhance your kitchen ensuring that you add personality to the room. Deciding Which Modern Kitchen Trends to Choose There are many different ways that you can enhance your kitchen and ensure that you include modern trends which will not cost .....
- How to Freeze CornIf you have a lot of corn to use up, it might be better to freeze some of it. If you have ever bought frozen corn and used it in meals you will know that the texture is good. Thawed corn kernels and canned ones have a very similar texture actually. Knowing how to freeze corn is very helpful because if you eat corn it’s likely you will want to freeze some at some point. You can freeze cooked corn easily. I often use corn in pasta recipes and freeze the leftovers. These meals are fine when they thaw out. If I am planning to freeze a pasta meal then I choose not to add cream, eggs or anything else that won’t freeze well as part of .....
- Kitchen Gadgets Every Home Cook Should HaveMost people already have basic kitchen appliances such as toasters and kettles but these items do break! That’s why it’s good that you can pick up replacement kitchen gadgets cheaply. Other small kitchen appliances include juicers, blenders, mini blenders and coffee machines and you can get tiny kitchen appliances if you have a tiny kitchen. Others fold up or you can store them in the cupboard on on a wall. Once you have sorted out all your main kitchen appliances, it is time to stock up on handy time-saving tools and labor-saving kitchen gadgets. Kitchen gadgets do not have to be complicated or expensive. Some of the best and .....
- Korean Tuna and Broccoli PancakesI had some leftover broccoli and decided to experiment a little, after the success of my vegetable jeon the other day. These Korean tuna and broccoli pancakes came out really well and I decided to share the recipe. They are so good! What are Jeon? Jeon (pronounced jun) is a Korean pancake and these fantastic little snacks make a great appetizer, or you could serve them as the main dish. Suitable for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a snack, there are lots of different jeon recipes. Making this Korean tuna and broccoli pancakes recipe is easy. Combine an egg, a couple tablespoons of flour and a handful of your main ingredient (could be mashed .....
- Deep-Fry Like a Chinese ChefAlthough stir-frying is more popular in Chinese cuisine than deep-frying, it is worth learning both. Discover how to deep-fry like a Chinese chef and it will open up many new possibilities of Chinese dishes you can prepare. You can either use a wok or a deep-fat fryer for deep-frying. If you are using a wok, slide the food in carefully, as you will not want spattering if you are going to professionally deep-fry like a Chinese chef. Add the ingredients in small amounts and do not crowd the wok, else you might get spillage or spattering, or the temperature might drop too fast. Most recipes will suggest that you heat to oil to about 365 degrees .....
- Metallic Nail PolishThis product comes in a variety of gorgeous shades and the metallicness offers something special if you want a fashion forward look. Metallic nail polish isn’t for everyone but if you can carry it off it certainly looks stunning. Choose silver or gold for a special occasion, magnetic if you want to make crazy patterns, or something more neutral like bronze or shiny blue or gray for a funky, edge look. Metallic Nail Polish: The Option of Stickers If you do not want to paint anything on, you can get stickers which are nail-shaped stickers that adhere to your nails and look like you’ve had a proper manicure. This is a great way of .....
- Hot Cherry Pit Pillow ReviewI love my hot cherry pit pillow and use it all the time. A couple of weeks ago I slept in a strange position on a flight and ended up with not only a crick in my neck but also really stiff shoulders. I remembered I had given my mother a hot cherry pit pillow for her birthday a year back and thought something warm on my shoulders would feel nice. It’s hard to keep a hot water bottle in that position but a long, thin shaped pillow would be perfect, so I placed an order and it came the following day. I was very excited to open it, heat it up and enjoy the wonderful feeling!.....
- Fresh Mexican Soup RecipesIf you love both Mexican food and soup, prepare yourself to discover more about lovely south of the border soups. There are certainly a lot of Mexican soup recipes to sample and they are ideal for special occasions, perhaps Easter, Christmas or someone’s birthday, and the spicy ones are great when the weather is chilly because they are wonderfully warming. Not all Mexican soup recipes are spicy though. Some are mild and others are sweet. Some of them can be served as appetizers while others are better for the entrée or even as dessert. There really is something for everybody. Take cream of jalapeño soup, which is ideal when the weather is .....
- New Year’s Eve DumplingsIt is traditional for Northern Chinese families to spend New Year’s Eve making batches of jiaozi dumplings. They start to eat the dumplings after midnight and one lucky member of the family might find a coin inside their dumpling. This is similar to the British traditional of hiding a coin in the Christmas pudding. Yes, New Year’s Eve dumplings are really popular in China and a big part of the celebrations. New Year’s Eve Dumplings: Dumpling Soup Tips Wonton soup, or dumpling soup, dates back as far as the 7th century in China. These Chinese introduced these stuffed dumplings to Japan and actually the Japanese word .....