This Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a gorgeous recipe. It looks really nice served in little glasses with edible flowers as a garnish, but it can also be served over lettuce or baby salad leaves if you prefer. This Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a nice way to begin any kind of meal, and it is especially good during the summer when you don’t want to cook.
We are using shrimp, and you can use little ones or chop larger ones. Make sure they are peeled and deveined first. Canned or thawed shrimp are fine here. You will also need some red apple and onion for crunch. The dressing for our Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is made with mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay seasoning and lemon juice.
Old Bay Shrimp and Apple Salad Tweaks
If you want, you can add other ingredients to the Old Bay shrimp and apple salad mix. We suggest diced celery, chopped walnuts or diced cheddar cheese. You might even want to add a little fresh dill weed or chopped chives. The recipe is nice as it is, so you might not want to add anything else to it. Also take care not to overwhelm the delicate flavors by adding too many other flavors to the mix.
How pretty do these salmon pate stuffed eggs look? This recipe takes deviled eggs to the next level, by combining the egg yolk with salmon, lemon and creamy ingredients to make a pale pink, delicious-tasting appetizer. One or two egg halves per person is a good estimate although some people won’t be able to stop munching on these lovely little snacks.
There are different ways to prepare these salmon pate stuffed eggs. You can make them the traditional way by slicing the eggs in half lengthwise or you could remove a wedge from the top (like in the picture) for a different look.
How to Add the Salmon Pate Stuffed Eggs Filling
The salmon pate stuffed eggs filling is better piped in with a piping bag (or a plastic bag with the corner cut off) but if you don’t have one or you don’t want to pipe, you can simply spoon the filling in. Chill the salmon deviled eggs for half an hour then serve them perhaps with some snipped chives on top or with some fresh herb sprigs. Maybe add some lemon wedges to the platter too.
This tasty snack is easy to prepare and you can make them ahead, making them ideal buffet food or party snacks. If you’re making them any more than half an hour ahead though, cover them with plastic wrap before popping them in the refrigerator. Be careful not to wrap them too tight – you won’t want to ruin your carefully piped filling.
Some More Hot Content For You
Most people love to cozy up and relax during the colder months. There’s something about the winter weather that brings people together and gathering around some hearty and easy winter appetizer ideas is a great way to spend that time with friends and family.
In the winter, it’s best to serve warm foods, but don’t let that overwhelm you. There are plenty of ways to present a great spread without slaving away in the kitchen for hours. You don’t have to tell anyone how easy the winter appetizer ideas were to prepare!
One simple strategy for an appetizer sure to impress is to do fondue. Fondue can be easily customized to your party’s theme or guests’ needs and the communal nature of the dish works well in group settings. A popular type of fondue is cheese fondue. You can mix a variety of herbs and spices in with the cheeses to give unique flavors and serve pieces of bread, meats, and vegetables for dipping.
One of the things that brings people together is the enjoyment of food. There are few things better than gathering around a table on a summer evening to snack and relax with friends. And there are easy summer appetizer ideas for all palates and occasions, so you won’t be stuck for choice.
What makes appetizers so appealing when compared to full meals? Appetizers are usually bite size, making them easy to eat while socializing, and a table full of different options is far more exciting than committing to just one meal or flavor.
Many summer appetizer ideas are not only easy to eat, but also easy to prepare. Cold appetizers are especially effortless since they can look artfully done with just some chopping, arranging, and intentionally placed fresh herbs. Even some cooked appetizers are of the set-it-and-forget-it variety. Throw some ingredients in the slow cooker and wait awhile or skewer a couple different meat and vegetable combinations for colorful kabobs that can go from barbeque to plate in a snap.
Starter recipes as they are called in the UK, or appetizer recipes as they are known in the US, are little snacks which are served before the main dish. There are easy starter recipe ideas to suit every occasion.
There are hot and cold starter recipes that everyone can prepare, no matter whether you happen to be a newbie in the kitchen or an experienced and seasoned chef.
So what are you planning to make as your New Year’s Eve starter recipes? A parma ham and melon starter, prawn cocktail, cheeseballs, canapes or something else? Keep reading if you are still looking for New Year’s Eve appetizer inspiration.
Easy Starter Recipe Ideas and Ingredients
You can use meat, poultry, fish, seafood or even vegetarian or vegan ingredients to make easy starter recipes and you do not have to spend a lot of time on them either.
Easily made starters are always welcomed at all kinds of occasions and you can choose from meaty starter recipes, seafood ones, vegetarian dishes or just a mixture of everything.
Crab and cream cheese are combined in this easy wonton recipe for a spectacular result. You will need softened cream cheese for these cream cheese wontons with crab so either leave the cream cheese at room temperature for a while or microwave it for 20 seconds.
Feel free to be creative with the wonton wrapper shape when making your cream cheese wontons with crab. You can make scrunched up wontons, triangles or any other shape you fancy. Just make sure they are well sealed so they hold together when they are being fried.
What Kind of Crabmeat to Use
Dungeness crabmeat is the best kind to use, but use whatever type of lump crabmeat you can get. Just make sure you drain it as well as you can, before mixing it with the other ingredients, since it will be packed in water or brine, and that will make your wontons soggy.
The ginger and green onions bring out the flavor of the crab and cream cheese, and plum sauce would be very nice for dipping these wontons into, else you can serve soy sauce, chili sauce or oyster sauce instead for dipping. These cream cheese wontons with crab are very simple to prepare and they only take a few minutes to fry to crispy perfection. Continue reading
- Best Rolling BackpackFirst things first, so what is a rolling backpack? A rolling backpack is a backpack on wheels, although it also has straps so you can carry it on your back. This is an excellent idea for students, to ensure that you do not damage your back whilst transporting all of your books and materials. The best rolling backpack is going to be a great investment. As the amount of books needed for classes increases, the strain on your back can be intense. However, with the rolling backpack, you will apply no pressure to your back, and can ensure that you can transport everything you need. Best Rolling Backpack: Handy for Everybody Rolling backpacks are .....
- A Delicious Recipe for Braised Stuffed CalamariThe braised stuffed calamari in this recipe sure looks good. Breadcrumbs, olives, capers, garlic, parsley and more are combined for a tasty filling for your squid. Laura Vitale talks you through everything you need for the recipe and then shows you how to prepare your ingredients to make the filling. I liked this braised stuffed calamari video because I found it very easy to follow and I love the resulting stuffed squid. I think it looks great! And also because this is so similar to the way I usually make my own squid so Laura Vitale is on to a winner here. Just watch the video through and then as soon as it finishes you will wish to .....
- Carb Blockers – Everything You Need to KnowDieting isn’t always easy. If it was, we would all be slim, right? The problem with a lot of diets is you have to deprive yourself of your favorite foods (you know, all those ones that taste good) and feel hungry in order to shed a pound or two, if you’re lucky. So what about carb blockers – everything you need to know about these might just convince you to give them a try but honestly, do they really work? Reducing the intake of carbs is a popular way of lowering weight, and you can try diets such as Atkins to show you how to keep your carbs very low. The problem with diets like this is they eliminate (at least in the .....
- Mexican Cocktail Nachos RecipeThese Mexican cocktail nachos are a great starter if you are having a Mexican main course and they also make a nice snack at a cocktail party. You can easily double the amount of ingredients in this Mexican starter recipe if you want to make more. Different Types of Nachos Nachos come in many styles. Personally I like mine with lashings of guacamole, salsa and sour cream, beef ladled on top, black olives, jalapenos, cheese and more. Well, I like ‘everything’ nachos. It is perhaps easier to explain that way. If you want a simpler recipe though, with the cheese and japalenos standing out, then choose this Mexican cocktail nachos .....
- Hoisin Celery Wontons in Wonton SoupThis exciting Hoisin celery wontons recipe features a flavorful broth containing homemade pork, hoisin and Chinese celery wontons. It couldn’t be simpler to make and this makes a warming meal for the whole family. You can even make extra wontons and freeze them for next time. This Hoisin celery wontons soup recipe calls for soy sauce paste. Soy sauce paste is similar to soy sauce but thicker. If you can’t get it, just use the regular kind. Be careful not to add too much sesame oil; a little really does go a long way. You can find Chinese celery in any Asian grocery store and it is sweeter than regular celery. If you can’t get it then try .....
- Easy Banana Cheesecake with a Vanilla CrustThere are many types of cheesecake to choose from – chocolate, caramel, strawberry… the list goes on. Banana cheesecake is especially good though, and better still it is easy to make. This dessert is wonderful after any kind of main dish and you will probably want seconds because it’s so good! Our recipe uses vanilla wafer cookies and butter to make the crust, then the main layer is made with mashed bananas, sugar, cornstarch, eggs, cream and vanilla. The banana cheesecake is baked briefly in a hot oven then finished off in a cooler oven. When the middle is nearly set but still a little jiggly it is done. How to Serve this .....
- Korean Tuna and Broccoli PancakesI had some leftover broccoli and decided to experiment a little, after the success of my vegetable jeon the other day. These Korean tuna and broccoli pancakes came out really well and I decided to share the recipe. They are so good! What are Jeon? Jeon (pronounced jun) is a Korean pancake and these fantastic little snacks make a great appetizer, or you could serve them as the main dish. Suitable for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a snack, there are lots of different jeon recipes. Making this Korean tuna and broccoli pancakes recipe is easy. Combine an egg, a couple tablespoons of flour and a handful of your main ingredient (could be mashed .....
- How to Enjoy ChampagneAlthough there are lots of types of sparkling white wine to choose from (cava, prosecco etc) it is fair to say nothing is the same as champagne. This sparkling white wine is made from chardonnay grapes in the Champagne region in France and is produced in a specific way. It is worth knowing how to enjoy champagne since its fullest so you can treasure every sip of this exquisite drink. The rules of champagne making demand secondary fermentation of the champagne wine in the bottle to create the carbonation. The main grapes used to make it are white chardonnay, pinot meunier and black pinot noir, although these vary. A ‘blanc de .....
- How to Cook Prime Rib for Juicy ResultsPrime rib is often called the king of beef cuts, and if you like your beef juicy, tender and delicious, you might like to learn more about how to cook prime rib yourself at home. Also known as a standing rib roast, prime rib is marbled with fat to keep it succulent, and it is very easy to cook too. You just need to start it in the oven on a high temperature to brown it nicely, then turn the oven down so it can finish cooking without the meat drying out. The center of your prime rib roast should be pink or red while the thinner tail-ends will be brown and more done. This is good because people get to choose if they want their meat .....
- Easy Bobotie Recipe | South African Meat DishThis easy bobotie recipe can be made with your choice of ground beef or lamb. A combination would also work. The dish is popular in South Africa. It is comparable to meatloaf or lasagna, but it is spiced and the topping is a savory egg-based custard. I’ve made it several times and always love how the gently spiced meat layer contrasts with the rich and creamy topping. Served with yellow rice and/or a fresh green salad, this dish is something that never gets old. I like to make extra because it heats up well the following day for lunch. If you’ve made meatloaf, lasagna or a similar ground meat dish, you will recognize several .....