These chicken potstickers are so good. One is never enough. Ten is too many. Well maybe. They’re just so tasty you’ll want to keep popping them into your mouthy! Potstickers are an Asian delight, and these little snacks are usually filled with meat and vegetables, along with Chinese seasonings. Pork is often used, but here we are using chicken instead.
This chicken potstickers recipe is very simple to make and the potstickers make fantastic appetizers, whether you want to serve hot snacks with drinks, or a first course before your entree at dinner.
You can use turkey if you prefer it to chicken. Along with the poultry these potstickers include cabbage and green onions, along with ginger, sesame oil and garlic for flavor. First you make the filling for these chicken potstickers and then you will be dividing the filling between the gyoza or wonton wrappers to make the potstickers. They are then fried and then steamed, to give them the golden brown crust on the bottom and soft finish on top, the qualities they are famed for.
Cheese fondue is an amazing dish made with melted cheeses and other ingredients, and served with chunks of bread for dipping. Making fondue is really simple, and largely just a matter of adding your ingredients to a fondue dish and letting them melt and blend.
Some fondue sets use a flame while others are electric. You can also get different kinds, so if you like to make chocolate fondue or meat fondue, you might like to collect the fondue kits, since the thick earthenware cheese fondue bowl isn’t the one needed to make meat or chocolate fondue.
Our recipe for cheese fondue is very simple to make and you will love the authentic cheese flavors. Serve this with baguette bread cut into pieces and everyone will really enjoy your homemade Swiss fondue. You might like to serve other items for dipping too, such as chopped celery, button mushrooms, or even fruit chunks.
Some More Hot Content For You
A bruschetta recipe is one of the best Italian appetizers. It is made by rubbing garlic over grilled bread, then adding olive oil, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
Some types of bruschetta recipe might also include cured meat, cheese, tomatoes, beans, or vegetables. The best-known bruschetta recipe outside Italy features fresh tomato, garlic and onion, fresh basil, and mozzarella.
So Many Bruschetta Recipe Options
A great bruschetta recipe is found on Italian restaurant menus all over the world, and there are hundreds of different ways to make it, which is why restaurant bruschetta ranges from bland to wonderful, depending who is making it. Make your own, following our recipe, and you can be guaranteed of an amazing result.
This amazing Greek dish is famed not only in Greece but anywhere in the world there are Greek people or Greek restaurants. I personally love Spanakopita Greek spinach pie and one slice is never enough! The joy of Spanakopita Greek spinach pie is that it is made with phyllo pastry. Adding melted butter between the pastry layers makes it really flaky and tasty. The filling is spinach, egg, 2 kinds of cheese, onion and parsley, and the flavor is simply amazing.
You can either make triangular servings or one large Spanakopita Greek spinach pie which is cut into slices. The method is the same but the large pie will take about twice the time to bake as the individual portions, so the choice is yours which to make. Although phyllo (also spelt filo) dough is more common, some recipes will tell you to make a flour and water crust instead which offers a heavier texture.
This type of dough is made in the Greek islands. Some recipes call for salty, white, fresh cheese to be used instead of the feta, and we usually add parmesan too, for a nice tangy contrast.
These stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese make an incredible appetizer and my husband and I both love them. Where we live we can buy them in different varieties – some are sweet while others are spicy.
One store uses the pointy end of spicy chilies as their ‘mini’ peppers while others use mini sweet peppers, mostly red but sometimes green or yellow.
Green is more savory while yellow (and orange to a lesser extent) is sweeter. Whichever peppers you use in this stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese recipe, the flavor of these little bites is going to be fantastic. See what they sell in your local food market and decide whether you want a sweet, semi-spicy or piquant result, or you could make some of each.
Plenty of Tempting Choices
Making your own stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese over buying them saves you money, plus you get to decide what result you want – spicy, medium or mild, as well as what color peppers you want, plus whether to use only goat cheese for the filling, or to combine the goat cheese with sour cream and/or cream cheese. There are a lot of options here actually!
Elegant appetizer recipe ideas are becoming more popular than ever before, as people begin to experiment more in the kitchen. You need to choose an appetizer that will impress your guests with your knowledge of food, and the distinct choice of flavors used to make the dishes. There are many different recipes to choose from, regardless of the occasion, and your budget. Take Chinese tea smoked chicken for example – this is certainly elegant as well as unusual.
Presentation and Good Ingredients are Vital
If you use a good recipe for your appetizer, you can achieve an exciting, elegant appearance with very basic ingredients. Expensive ingredients can be used but you will be surprised what you can achieve with more affordable options. Miniature appetizers always appear to be elegant, and can ensure that your guests want more of the delicate flavors.
These Chinese lettuce cups with their heavenly chicken mixture on top offer the perfect appetizer before a main dish. Served warm they are simply fantastic and you’re sure to enjoy the aromatic flavor of this Chinese tea smoked chicken recipe. Feel free to leave out any of the ingredients you do not like or consider swapping the chicken thighs for breasts if you want, or even duck breast if you prefer that.
- Can You Freeze Wonton Wrappers – Freeze WontonsA lot of people wonder can you freeze wonton wrappers? The answer is yes you can freeze wonton wrappers (and you can also buy them frozen). The problem is if you freeze a pack of 50 wrappers and only want to make 10 wontons, how do you pull them apart? From trial and error, I have found that if you let the package thaw at room temperature until you can peel a few off the top without breaking any, then pop the unused ones back in the freezer, that works well. Alternatively you can thaw them all, make wontons and then freeze the wontons. It all depends on the wonton recipe you want to make, but sometimes if you are taking the trouble to make .....
- Pork and Beef Crackslaw with Shredded VeggiesThis pork and beef crackslaw recipe is made using a combination of pork and beef. Although you can make crackslaw with any kind of ground meat (including poultry if you wish) I find that combining pork with beef gives a pleasing result. The pork is juicy and the beef has its own distinctive flavor. They just combine well, especially when making something like pork and beef crackslaw. Here in Holland you can’t buy ground pork by itself (at least not in my local store) which is why I use the half and half mixture quite a lot. Yes I could grind my own pork but I haven’t yet done that. I do have a meat grinder attachment on my food .....
- Szechuan Quorn Crackslaw with Peanut ButterThis lovely recipe blends Quorn (a vegetarian alternative to ground meat) with vegetables, peanut butter and other Asian seasonings to make the most delicious quorn crackslaw stir fry you can imagine. Make it as simple or as spicy as you wish. Whether quorn crackslaw is a new concept to you or you are just seeking other recipes for this dish, this one is worthy of your consideration. Also known as veggie crack, this vegetable crack slaw recipe is addictive because of the wonderful flavors, but feel free to indulge because it’s super low in carbs! Szechuan Crack Slaw Stir Fry It is your choice how to prepare the vegetables for this dish .....
- Lebanese Cucumber Soup RecipeThis Lebanese cucumber soup recipe is a chilled soup. These soups are popular in the Middle East and you will find chilled soups very refreshing if you’re not used to them. Adding fresh mint helps with the cooling effect. Live, natural yogurt is a great ingredient because it’s very good for the digestion. Have you tried chilled soup before? The first chilled soup I ever tried was gazpacho, that tomato and vegetable soup from Spain which is always tasty and refreshing. I have also tried chilled watermelon soup and a strawberry soup too one time in a restaurant. This Lebanese cucumber soup recipe is different though because it is .....
- Beautiful Large Opal RingsOpals are a magical stone and no other stone looks like them. The fire in an opal is truly amazing and setting an opal on a silver or gold ring showcases the stone’s beauty to perfection. I love large opal rings and can’t get enough of their gorgeous fire. Do you already have an opal ring or are you just curious about the different types of opals or the different opal ring settings you can choose from? Because, really, there are lots of large opal rings to choose from, and you are going to be spoilt for choice. I was, when I was shopping for mine. I have gathered together lots of different opal rings all in one place so you can .....
- Easy Tomato and Onion FocacciaFocaccia is a tasty Italian bread which complements all kinds of dishes. Although you can buy it from the bakery or grocery store, making your own easy tomato and onion focaccia loaf is worthwhile because let’s face it – you can’t beat freshly baked bread! And this one is certainly no exception. How to Serve Focaccia You can serve this easy tomato and onion focaccia as an appetizer, either alone or with dips like sour cream dip or onion dip, or else have it with your main dish. If you are having beef, chicken or similar in a sauce, focaccia bread can be used to scoop up every last drop of those yummy meat juices, making it .....
- Choosing the Best Refrigerator to BuyA refrigerator is a durable appliance and you should choose something you will be happy with for the long term. It is important to research different refrigerators before picking one for this reason. The best refrigerator to buy depends on various factors. The first thing to think about is how much you can afford to spend, then the style you like and the energy saving requirements you have. A mini refrigerator such as a Fosters Husky mini 50l fridge, or another small one, might be what you need or maybe a large fridge-freezer is better suited to your requirements and one of the best refrigerator to buy to fit your needs. Maybe a camping .....
- Low Carb FishcakesFishcakes make an excellent meal, accompanied by a salad or your choice of vegetables, and they are also ideal for a low carb diet, making a change from the steak or chicken you might be getting tired of. Make these low carb fishcakes because you will love the taste and they don’t taste like diet food at all. A lot of people start low-carbing and over-indulge in the red meat, then wonder what else there is. Repetition can be good because you can stick to the same meals all the time but for some people repetition can be their downfall because they get bored, so add some low carb fishcakes to your meal rotation to keep things .....
- Crab Rangoon WontonsCrab rangoon wontons are always popular at buffets and dinner parties. They make a great appetizer before a meat or poultry main course. You can garnish them with fresh dill if you like. Since dill is traditionally served with fish, this will indicate to your dinner guests that the wontons contain fish or seafood. Crab rangoon wontons are known as crab puffs in Pacific northwest states. They might also be called crab meat cheese, cheese crab wontons, crab pillows or crab cheese wontons. Regardless of how you call them, these crab rangoon wontons are always amazing. History of Crab Rangoon Crab rangoon has featured on Trader Vic’s menu since .....
- Very Low Carb Bread RecipeThere is low carb bread and there is this very low carb bread recipe. If you’ve been doing Atkins or low carbing for a while, you will have tried some of the more ‘eggy’ or ‘dense’ breads and while they are passable (just!) they aren’t exactly a good bread substitute. Some low carbers will forgo the bread entirely, choosing to wrap their burger or sandwich in a large lettuce leaf instead and while there is nothing wrong with that, sometimes it’s nice to have something a bit chewier and more bready, even if it isn’t going to be that high-carb processed stuff you used to eat before. There are .....