Experimenting with food and flavors is part of the fun when discovering new recipes and Moroccan food is often considered to be exotic and exciting. Why not experiment with Moroccan appetizer recipes and discover a brand new flavor sensation?
Authentic Moroccan cuisine is straightforward, yet full of distinctive flavors and aromas. There is no other cuisine quite like it.
You might never have considered cooking Moroccan food before but there is a huge array of different Moroccan appetizer recipes to choose from and no matter which ingredients you like to use, or what taste you want to aim for, there is sure to be a perfect recipe for you to make.
Making your own wonton noodle recipe, or wonton wrappers, from scratch is not difficult. Although there are different wonton wrapper recipes, this is perhaps the simplest and it offers a very good result. Yes you can buy them from the store but should you?
Of course that very much depends on the results you are looking for. If you want to take the time to learn how to make wonton wrappers then it is well worth making them. You will get a fresher taste and you will also get lots of kudos from everyone enjoying your homemade wontons if they learn you not only filled and cooked the wontons but learned how to make wonton skins and made the whole dish from scratch. Impress everyone with a wonton noodle recipe!
Chill the dough before adding the filling – you will find it easier to handle. Also, you might wish to double the wonton noodle recipe since these freeze well and you might as well make plenty. Wonton making is something that you improve with the more you do it. That applies to making wonton wrappers from scratch and also to stuffing them and ending up with results that look professional.
Take your time with our wonton noodle recipe and don’t rush making these. Don’t be disappointed if the results aren’t as perfect as you’d hoped either. Just repeat the wonton noodle recipe a few times and you will get better results every time. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
Steaming wontons is one of the very best ways to cook them because you do not have to cook them in oil or fat, and steaming them means the wonton wrapper will be lovely and soft. Steamed vegetable wontons can be added to wonton soup or served as they are, with a flavorful dipping sauce, as an appetizer, snack or side dish.
The following recipe for steamed vegetable wontons shows you how to make a tasty wonton filling with various veggies, as well as some soy sauce for a simple yet mouthwatering flavor. The vegetables are cooked briefly with the soy sauce, then this mixture goes into the wonton skins and the wontons are steamed until they are done.
The Perfect Sauce for Steamed Vegetable Wontons
This recipe also shows you how to make a nice sauce by sautéing garlic with chilies and green onions, and you can drizzle this over the steamed vegetable wontons or serve it on the side as a dipping sauce. Learning how to steam wontons is really easy and the best way to make this dish is to use a bamboo steamer basket. You can pick one up for a few dollars from any Asian food store and use them for making dumplings, steamed wontons, and even for steaming chicken, fish or other vegetables. Steamer baskets come in a variety of sizes and you can also stack them to steam multiple dishes at once. Continue reading
This recipe combines broccoli, green onion, carrot, garlic and Asian condiments for a vegetarian-friendly wonton recipe. The wontons are steamed so you do not have to use any fat in the recipe either. If you are looking for something healthy and nutritious, which is easy enough for a beginner home cook to put together then you might be interested in this steamed vegetable wontons with broccoli recipe, especially if you like steamed dumplings.
Wontons can be deep-fried, steamed, cooked in a soup or baked, but steaming gives them a lovely texture and cooks them gently. Make sure the filling is well mashed up before adding it and don’t overstuff the wonton wrappers else they won’t hold together.
Learning how to steam food and, more precisely, how to make a steamed vegetable wontons with broccoli recipe, is very simple. The cheapest and easiest way to steam your wontons is perhaps to get a bamboo steamer. You can find these at any Asian food store and they come in different sizes. Although you can stack them, you will only need one to make a batch of steamed wontons and that will only cost $5 or so. This recipe shows you how to make the best steamed wontons, and you can use different types of vegetables if you would rather. Continue reading
Cream cheese wontons recipes are so easy to make. All you need apart from the oil for frying are some wonton skins and cream cheese. I usually use Philadelphia cream cheese but you can use any kind you like. You could even use one of the flavored kinds, like herb cream cheese or tomato and basil cream cheese for your cream cheese wontons recipes, but the plain kind works just fine too.
You can fold the wontons up however you want when making cream cheese wonton recipes, perhaps pulling two of the pointed tips towards each other, then the other two. Alternatively you could scrunch the tops to make a “moneybag” shape or simply fold the wontons into triangles. Learning how to wrap wontons is very easy and there are more wonton designs you can use if you are feeling especially creative.
Cream Cheese Wonton Recipes: Easy Enough for Any Cook
Cream cheese wonton recipes would be good for a beginner – someone who has never made these little dumplings before. Because there are so few ingredients it just gives you a nice taster of how simple the process is. Once you have tasted some cream cheese wonton recipes you will definitely want to make other wonton recipes too. These hot, crispy wontons are perfect as an appetizer or snack. You could make them if you have friends coming over or if you just want to eat something delicious while you watch a movie or the game. Continue reading
This easy appetizer recipe combines cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce. You could use store-bought hot sauce but where’s the fun in that?
Now cheese is certainly not a Chinese staple, which is why it is never seen on the menu in authentic Chinese food restaurants, but wonton skins go so well with cheese that not including a few cheese wontons recipes would be sinful! Yes these cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce do include dairy, which isn’t found in much Chinese cuisine or Asian cuisine in general, but try it and see. It works nicely.
Which Cheese to Use
This cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce recipe calls for Monterey Jack cheese, but use whichever cheese you like. A sharp Cheddar would be good. Mozzarella would give a stringy texture and soft taste. Even brie cheese could be good with this one. It is important to let these wontons cool for 10 or 15 minutes before serving them. The cheese will still be melted but it will not be molten and mouth-burning! When people eat beef wontons or pork wontons or another type of wontons when the filling is solid or tightly packed, that is one thing, but biting into a hot cheese wonton means you might get cheese dripping down your lip or chin, and that can burn. Continue reading
- Best Indian Omelet RecipeThis omelet makes a great side dish for a curry if you don’t want to serve rice or naan bread or if you are looking for low carb side dish ideas. You can also eat it by itself as a meal or snack. This is the best Indian omelet recipe to choose if you are looking to spice things up a little and enjoy a brand new flavor. What is in the Best Indian Omelet Recipe Along with the eggs which are of course the main ingredient in any omelet, we are using spinach, shallots, cilantro, turmeric and chili. You can omit the spinach if you want, or replace it with sliced mushrooms. You can also swap the shallots for a small yellow onion or omit the .....
- Pet ID Tags for Dogs and CatsIf your pet ever gets lost then having an ID tag is an absolute must, so you can be reunited quickly and relatively easy. The longer a pet is missing the more that can go wrong, and let’s face it, our pets are so precious. They are like members of the family, so consider pet ID tags as a must-have. A lost animal might not be able to find his or her way home, so invest in one of these tags (many cost under $5, even the personalized engraved ones) and if anything does happen, whoever finds your pet will know how to contact you to let you know they found your dog or cat......
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Garlic Lime DressingAlthough nobody ever gets tired of pasta salad or rice salad recipes, there is something so special about a vegan quinoa salad, perhaps because of its unusual texture or because it is something different to what you usually have. This salad is especially good because the quinoa is combined with a variety of tasty veggies as well as seasonings. The following vegan quinoa salad recipe shows you how to make an easy quinoa salad using this delicious grain. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is easy to cook and work with and combines well with various flavors. If you are new to using this grain, then you will enjoy the following recipe and once you .....
- Cauli Rice with Orange, Lime and CilantroCauliflower rice, or cauli rice as it is affectionately known, is a wonderful substitute for rice, offering a mere fraction of the calories and carbs or rice, yet offering a very similar texture and a neutral flavor. You can do so much with it and there are plenty of cauliflower rice recipes to choose from. This cauli rice with orange, lime and cilantro recipe is easy to prepare and it’s yummy! I like to use a medium or strong-flavored sauce to disguise the cauliflower flavor – not that cauliflower has much of a taste at all, but just to make it as rice-like as possible. Try Chinese rice with cauliflower instead of rice, or .....
- Old Bay Shrimp and Apple SaladThis Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a gorgeous recipe. It looks really nice served in little glasses with edible flowers as a garnish, but it can also be served over lettuce or baby salad leaves if you prefer. This Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a nice way to begin any kind of meal, and it is especially good during the summer when you don’t want to cook. We are using shrimp, and you can use little ones or chop larger ones. Make sure they are peeled and deveined first. Canned or thawed shrimp are fine here. You will also need some red apple and onion for crunch. The dressing for our Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is made with .....
- Review of Every Yankee Candle Tart ScentI love Yankee Candle Tart Wax Melts and can’t seem to stop buying them! Since I have tried pretty much every scent, I thought I would share my Yankee Candle Tart scent reviews with you, to inspire you to try new scents and discover a new favorite perhaps. I have an electronic tart burner as well as a tea-light one, and my husband and I both like trying new fragrances in our home. The first time I ever tried using wax tart melts was when I found a bargain set in one of the local shops here in Holland including a tea-light burner and a few small melts. They were unbranded and didn’t smell that appealing but I liked the concept and .....
- Best Chicken Pumpkin Risotto RecipeThis is such a great recipe for the fall (or maybe you call it autumn, depending where you’re from) and the juicy chicken, sweet pumpkin, comforting rice, and other tasty flavors in here combine beautifully to make this gorgeous chicken pumpkin risotto. To make a flavor-packed risotto, stick to delicate, fragrant flavors, and you will experience this timeless Italian dish the way it was meant to be enjoyed. That Wonderful Risotto Texture To get the texture of the chicken pumpkin risotto just right, use risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli perhaps) and keep adding the liquid in small amounts, letting the rice absorb the liquid before .....
- Classic Crackslaw RecipePerhaps you have read about the classic crackslaw recipe on a low carb forum or one of your friends has been raving about it but what is crack slaw and why is it called that? Well, first things first, crackslaw is supposed to be addictive, which is how the name came about, but don’t worry, there is nothing illegal in it! It is addictive in a good way because it is a filling low-carb meal packed with nutritious ingredients. What’s In a Classic Crackslaw Recipe? This is an oriental inspired recipe featuring ground meat (or poultry or a vegetarian alternative) as well as cabbage or coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrot, usually). The .....
- Potstickers History and RecipeIt is fair to say that potstickers are well-loved, and no wonder, when they boast such an incredible flavor in every bite. One is never enough. If you know something about potstickers history or you just like to eat them, you might already know through history potstickers have gone by a variety of names, including guotie, Peking Ravioli, pork dumplings, and wortip. Potstickers are both pan-fried and steamed. Once the little dumplings are filled they are pan-fried on one side and then steamed in water or broth, so they end up crisp and browned on one side but easy to remove from the pan with a spatula. Try not to overcook them though, because .....
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Venison BurgersIf you are in the mood for a change from your usual homemade burger recipes, why not consider a venison burger recipe instead? These blue cheese stuffed venison burgers are very special indeed. Venison is very lean which means it is best to add some fat to the patties. This ensures they will come out juicy and succulent instead of dry. Some people add bacon trimmings to their blue cheese stuffed venison burgers while others will ask their butcher for any pork fat they don’t need (they might give it to you free!) Venison is very tasty and doesn’t need to be seasoned a lot. A little salt and black pepper along with the meat (and .....