Experimenting with food and flavors is part of the fun when discovering new recipes and Moroccan food is often considered to be exotic and exciting. Why not experiment with Moroccan appetizer recipes and discover a brand new flavor sensation?
Authentic Moroccan cuisine is straightforward, yet full of distinctive flavors and aromas. There is no other cuisine quite like it.
You might never have considered cooking Moroccan food before but there is a huge array of different Moroccan appetizer recipes to choose from and no matter which ingredients you like to use, or what taste you want to aim for, there is sure to be a perfect recipe for you to make.
Making your own wonton noodle recipe, or wonton wrappers, from scratch is not difficult. Although there are different wonton wrapper recipes, this is perhaps the simplest and it offers a very good result. Yes you can buy them from the store but should you?
Of course that very much depends on the results you are looking for. If you want to take the time to learn how to make wonton wrappers then it is well worth making them. You will get a fresher taste and you will also get lots of kudos from everyone enjoying your homemade wontons if they learn you not only filled and cooked the wontons but learned how to make wonton skins and made the whole dish from scratch. Impress everyone with a wonton noodle recipe!
Chill the dough before adding the filling – you will find it easier to handle. Also, you might wish to double the wonton noodle recipe since these freeze well and you might as well make plenty. Wonton making is something that you improve with the more you do it. That applies to making wonton wrappers from scratch and also to stuffing them and ending up with results that look professional.
Take your time with our wonton noodle recipe and don’t rush making these. Don’t be disappointed if the results aren’t as perfect as you’d hoped either. Just repeat the wonton noodle recipe a few times and you will get better results every time. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
Steaming wontons is one of the very best ways to cook them because you do not have to cook them in oil or fat, and steaming them means the wonton wrapper will be lovely and soft. Steamed vegetable wontons can be added to wonton soup or served as they are, with a flavorful dipping sauce, as an appetizer, snack or side dish.
The following recipe for steamed vegetable wontons shows you how to make a tasty wonton filling with various veggies, as well as some soy sauce for a simple yet mouthwatering flavor. The vegetables are cooked briefly with the soy sauce, then this mixture goes into the wonton skins and the wontons are steamed until they are done.
The Perfect Sauce for Steamed Vegetable Wontons
This recipe also shows you how to make a nice sauce by sautéing garlic with chilies and green onions, and you can drizzle this over the steamed vegetable wontons or serve it on the side as a dipping sauce. Learning how to steam wontons is really easy and the best way to make this dish is to use a bamboo steamer basket. You can pick one up for a few dollars from any Asian food store and use them for making dumplings, steamed wontons, and even for steaming chicken, fish or other vegetables. Steamer baskets come in a variety of sizes and you can also stack them to steam multiple dishes at once. Continue reading
This recipe combines broccoli, green onion, carrot, garlic and Asian condiments for a vegetarian-friendly wonton recipe. The wontons are steamed so you do not have to use any fat in the recipe either. If you are looking for something healthy and nutritious, which is easy enough for a beginner home cook to put together then you might be interested in this steamed vegetable wontons with broccoli recipe, especially if you like steamed dumplings.
Wontons can be deep-fried, steamed, cooked in a soup or baked, but steaming gives them a lovely texture and cooks them gently. Make sure the filling is well mashed up before adding it and don’t overstuff the wonton wrappers else they won’t hold together.
Learning how to steam food and, more precisely, how to make a steamed vegetable wontons with broccoli recipe, is very simple. The cheapest and easiest way to steam your wontons is perhaps to get a bamboo steamer. You can find these at any Asian food store and they come in different sizes. Although you can stack them, you will only need one to make a batch of steamed wontons and that will only cost $5 or so. This recipe shows you how to make the best steamed wontons, and you can use different types of vegetables if you would rather. Continue reading
Cream cheese wontons recipes are so easy to make. All you need apart from the oil for frying are some wonton skins and cream cheese. I usually use Philadelphia cream cheese but you can use any kind you like. You could even use one of the flavored kinds, like herb cream cheese or tomato and basil cream cheese for your cream cheese wontons recipes, but the plain kind works just fine too.
You can fold the wontons up however you want when making cream cheese wonton recipes, perhaps pulling two of the pointed tips towards each other, then the other two. Alternatively you could scrunch the tops to make a “moneybag” shape or simply fold the wontons into triangles. Learning how to wrap wontons is very easy and there are more wonton designs you can use if you are feeling especially creative.
Cream Cheese Wonton Recipes: Easy Enough for Any Cook
Cream cheese wonton recipes would be good for a beginner – someone who has never made these little dumplings before. Because there are so few ingredients it just gives you a nice taster of how simple the process is. Once you have tasted some cream cheese wonton recipes you will definitely want to make other wonton recipes too. These hot, crispy wontons are perfect as an appetizer or snack. You could make them if you have friends coming over or if you just want to eat something delicious while you watch a movie or the game. Continue reading
This easy appetizer recipe combines cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce. You could use store-bought hot sauce but where’s the fun in that?
Now cheese is certainly not a Chinese staple, which is why it is never seen on the menu in authentic Chinese food restaurants, but wonton skins go so well with cheese that not including a few cheese wontons recipes would be sinful! Yes these cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce do include dairy, which isn’t found in much Chinese cuisine or Asian cuisine in general, but try it and see. It works nicely.
Which Cheese to Use
This cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce recipe calls for Monterey Jack cheese, but use whichever cheese you like. A sharp Cheddar would be good. Mozzarella would give a stringy texture and soft taste. Even brie cheese could be good with this one. It is important to let these wontons cool for 10 or 15 minutes before serving them. The cheese will still be melted but it will not be molten and mouth-burning! When people eat beef wontons or pork wontons or another type of wontons when the filling is solid or tightly packed, that is one thing, but biting into a hot cheese wonton means you might get cheese dripping down your lip or chin, and that can burn. Continue reading
- Oak Kitchen Cabinet PaintingOak cabinets are beautiful but they can be tricky to paint because of the way the grain is in the wood. Oak tends to have a heavy grain and when you paint over the grain it tends to show through, even if you apply more than one coat of paint. This is what makes oak kitchen cabinet painting trickier than you might at first think. You need to even out the wood grain surface before you begin oak kitchen cabinet painting and this means you should apply wood grain filler before paint. Wood grain filler smooths the cabinets and fills in between the grains, giving a nice finish. Of course you must let your coat of wood grain filler dry properly .....
- Lightly Spiced Pumpkin SoupPumpkin soup is a real favorite in this household but I never buy it, I always make it! There are two main ways to prepare this soup – leaning either towards the savory or towards the sweet. This lightly spiced pumpkin soup appeals to anyone who loves pumpkin and is neither too savory nor too sweet. Personally I like my pumpkin soup sweet although I add savory ingredients to it such as onion and garlic. Although roasting the pumpkin first is something most people do, if you are in a rush, you could just add it to the pot and let it simmer in the stock until tender. The flavor will not be that different. But if you want the best .....
- 100 Calorie Vegetable SoupI love making this 100 calorie vegetable soup but I am quite lazy sometimes! Even though I will go to the trouble of roasting pumpkin to make pumpkin soup or caramelizing onion for French onion soup, other times I like to toss the ingredients into a pot. Then I forget about it for an hour, then puree the results, and actually that’s how you end up with a really good vegetable soup recipe sometimes! If you’re new to making soup (or looking for some vegetable soup ideas) read on for a very easy recipe for 100 calorie vegetable soup. I’d like to share my 100 calorie vegetable soup recipe with you because I’ve made it a .....
- A Closer Look at Easy Wonton RecipesEasy wonton recipe ideas are vital for every keen cook who wants to learn more about Chinese cooking. Making your own wontons is a great idea if you want to make something simple yet tasty, using easy-to-find ingredients and common cooking methods. A lot of wonton recipes freeze well too, so you might wish to make a batch of wontons and freeze them for a future wonton soup recipe or fried wonton recipe. If you are feeding a crowd, you might like to offer them a platter of steaming hot crispy wontons, as well as a bowl of chili dipping sauce, or you could make dessert wontons to thrill your kids. There are easy wonton recipes for everybody. .....
- Red Chicken Chili with TomatoesI love this red chicken chili with tomatoes recipe because it is lower in calories than a beef based chili yet it offers all the wonderful flavors you would expect from chili. Make it as mild as you wish or as spicy as you dare, and enjoy the fresh flavors it boasts. This red chicken chili with tomatoes recipe is so easy to put together. You just need to cook the chicken with the veggies, then add the other ingredients and let the mixture simmer for 45 minutes or so. That is all you need to do to make it. Kids love chili just as much as the grownups although they aren’t usually so keen on spice, so if you are making this for the whole .....
- Spinach Chickpea Side Dish for an Indian MealThis is a quick and easy side dish which is very low in calories but goes perfectly alongside any Indian meal, especially if it is something creamy. Try this spinach chickpea side dish with a curry or even over rice. Often, with Indian food, you will want to contrast your dishes, so for example if you have something creamy you will want something very savory or even acidic to go alongside it. If you are serving something spicy, you might wish to serve something sweet with it. Contrasts make the whole meal harmonious and well balanced. The following spinach chickpea side dish recipe features spinach and chickpeas (or garbanzo beans, as they .....
- Best iPad Mini Cases with KeyboardSee all the best keyboard cases for iPad Mini and pick out your favorite. There are iPad Mini cases with keyboard for every taste and budget, no matter whether you want a cute pink one, a handy one which doubles as a padded case, something neat for work, or something else. The iPad Mini is the newest Apple product on the market but there are already plenty of cool accessories for it. If you have one of these tablets already then you will want a cover to keep it safe and a keyboard to make typing speedier. Touch typing on the screen is time-consuming because it is usually one-fingered unless you have mastered the art of typing quicker on .....
- No Meat Peanut CrackslawSimilar to our other recipes for crackslaw yet slightly different because of the peanut butter and the lack of meat, this one is a nice change of pace. Just like with the other recipes though you should feel free to adapt this peanut crackslaw recipe and make it however you prefer. If you want to use meat, go ahead, choosing from beef, pork, chicken – as long as it is ground that is fine. Check the label to make sure it is 100% meat and no fillers. This peanut crackslaw is really simple to make. If you do want to use ground meat, cook that first, then empty it out of the wok and proceed with step 1. Add the meat back in the end and .....
- Easy Roast Duck Leg with PotatoesThis easy roast duck leg with potatoes recipe makes a wonderful dinner. The duck combines perfectly with the roasted potatoes and you should also add your favorite green vegetable, or even some kind of salad on the side. A Greek salad would go well with this or consider some stewed red cabbage or similar. You will need a couple of duck legs for this easy roast duck leg with potatoes recipe, along with potatoes and thyme. The duck is fried skin side down in a roasting pan, then you can flip it over and add the potatoes. Add thyme, salt and black pepper, and then you can roast the duck and potatoes for about an hour and a half or up to two .....
- Moussaka with Potatoes and EggplantI have to say this moussaka with potatoes and eggplant is one of my absolute favorite dishes. Moussaka is popular in countries of the former Ottoman empire. There are lots of regional and local variations. This dish might be made with potatoes or eggplant, or both, and usually with ground lamb too. Moussaka is eaten cold in Arabic countries, sauteed and served casserole style in Turkey, and layered and served hot in the Balkans. A lot of moussaka variations have an egg-thickened milk sauce on top, or a bechamel (flour-based) sauce. Origin of the Word Moussaka The word moussaka comes from mousakás, a Greek word, which came from the Turkish .....