These are fantastic for Halloween, and suitable for the kids and grownups too. The desserts are served in little jars and you can tie some black ribbon around them to add that festive feel. Why not try this Halloween candy corn brûlée pots this Halloween?
The recipe is made in stages. You will be making several layers, then assembling the Halloween candy crème brûlée pots at the end and using a kitchen torch to get the sugar topping nice and crispy. If you don’t have a kitchen torch just omit the last part.
Halloween Candy Corn Brûlée pots Make Great Halloween Fare
Halloween is a great time to experiment in the kitchen. You can rustle up all kinds of wonderful treats both sweet and savory, and these Halloween candy corn brûlée pots are certain to steal the show regardless of whatever else you have on your spook-tacular table.
There are many types of cheesecake to choose from – chocolate, caramel, strawberry… the list goes on. Banana cheesecake is especially good though, and better still it is easy to make. This dessert is wonderful after any kind of main dish and you will probably want seconds because it’s so good!
Our recipe uses vanilla wafer cookies and butter to make the crust, then the main layer is made with mashed bananas, sugar, cornstarch, eggs, cream and vanilla. The banana cheesecake is baked briefly in a hot oven then finished off in a cooler oven. When the middle is nearly set but still a little jiggly it is done.
How to Serve this Banana Cheesecake
Serve this with a few banana slices if you like. If you are cutting the banana more than a few minutes before serving the cheesecake, coat the slices in lime or lemon juice else they will turn brown.
Some More Hot Content For You
Learning to how many crème brûlée is easy, and this creamy, sweet dessert is very tasty after any kind of main dish. Crème brûlée, sometimes mis-spelt as crème brule, is also known as crema catalana, Trinity cream and burnt cream. But what is creme brulee exactly?
The rich custard base is topped with a hard caramel layer, and it is usually served at room temperature although it can also be served chilled if you want to make it ahead.
More about Crème Brûlée
Vanilla is the typical flavor for crème brûlée but there are other possibilities, including coconut, chocolate or coffee. This dessert dates back to at least the late 1600s. This dessert is similar to ‘flan’ which is a Spanish dessert served without the caramelized top.
This dessert is often served in individual ramekins and the top can be made separately and added, or else you can sprinkle sugar on the finished desserts, then use a cooking torch or broiler to caramelize it.
Our recipe only needs 5 ingredients. You will need egg, cream, white and brown sugar, and vanilla to make it, and this recipe is pretty easy to follow. Serve the dessert as it is or pair it with some fresh berries for a colorful contrast. We like it with fresh strawberries and even a sprig of fresh mint. When learning what is creme brulee and how to make it, you will also want to consider garnishes.
A macaron is a French meringue-based treat, made with powdered sugar, white sugar, egg white, almond and food coloring. These delicious little bites are often composed of two macarons sandwiched together with buttercream, jam or ganache, and you can get many different flavors. You can even make your own easy French macaron recipe. Don’t confuse macarons (with one O) with macaroons (with two O’s) – the latter are heavy, coconut cookies.
Macarons are been around for hundreds of years, and they are believed to date back to 8 AD. Italian pastry chefs accompanying Catherine de Medici in 1533 when she married Henry II of France, brought the recipe with them. 1792 was when these confections started to become famous, when a pair of Carmelite nuns sought asylum in Nancy, France, and they baked and sold macarons to fund their housing.
No fillings or flavors were used in these early macaron recipes so our easy French macaron recipe is a bit different to the original. The fillings came about in the 1830s. There are 2 different ways of making macarons, the French way and the Italian way, and it depends how the meringue is prepared. Continue reading
This baked Alaska recipe with caramel sauce is one of my favorite desserts, teaming delicious, refreshing ice cream with perfect meringue. Here we are serving the baked Alaska with caramel sauce to make the dessert even more decadent. This dessert is served cold, and the meringue completely covers the ice cream inside, making it look like a big iceberg, hence the name.
Although you can make individual baked Alaska desserts, we like to make one big ones, using a small ready-made chocolate sponge cake, topping that with 2 kinds of ice cream, and then adding the sweet, sticky meringue mixture. I bet you can’t wait to try this baked Alaska recipe with caramel sauce.
You can use another kind of ice cream if you want, although the vanilla and caramel flavors do go nicely here. Sometimes I make this with vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice cream for a classic baked Alaska flavor, but anything you want to use is good. Continue reading
Being from Devon, in southwest England, it goes without saying I am fond of English scones and know a good traditional English scones recipe. Served with clotted cream and then jam on top (or jam and then clotted cream if you are from Cornwall rather than Devon), these wonderfully delicious little treats are best served with a pot of strong tea.
English Scones vs. American Scones
British scones are not the same as American ones which have more butter in the mix compared to flour than the British ones. This is why the traditional English scones recipe differs. Because butter is usually added before the cream and jam, less butter is used in the batter. The same is true about the amount of sugar. A British scone is either plain or made with raisins. I have also made savory cheese and mustard ones (and those are amazing served warm with butter on top).
A typical English cream tea is something you will find all over the country, especially in touristy areas, and you can expect to get a pot of tea with milk and sugar on the side, a freshly baked scone, some butter, clotted cream (certainly not whipped or squirty cream!) and jam. Knowing a traditional English scones recipe means you can host your own tea parties though.
Although one scone might not sound very filling, trust me – this is a calorific treat which is pretty heavy! You might think you can eat two, but not many people can! Continue reading
- Easy Wonton Recipes with PorkWontons are great when served as a snack or appetizer and if you have only ever eaten meat ones in a Chinese restaurant or had them from a takeout, you really are in store for a treat when you make your own easy wonton recipes with pork. Any home cook will be able to manage this recipe without too much effort although, like with most dishes, the more you make these, the easier the process will seem to become. Different Cooking Methods for Easy Wonton Recipes with Pork Deep-fry them for crispy, crunchy snacks, or steam or simmer them for a softer result. You could even poach them in your favorite broth for a wonderfully warming lunch or .....
- Tasty Chinese SeasoningsLearning how to season your Chinese recipes is essential if you want them to be successful. Chinese seasonings can liven up plain dishes. The seasonings used in Chinese recipes create the special flavors which differentiate the regional styles. Sesame oil, oyster sauce, chicken broth and soy sauce are the most commonly used seasonings in Chinese cuisine. These Chinese seasonings can be added before, during or after cooking, depending on the recipe. If you are serving a dish with rice, the seasoning should be heavier than if you were serving it alone. Savory dipping sauces are often served with Chinese recipes, and the most popular Chinese .....
- Make Popcorn without OilPopcorn is a delicious snack but how do you make it without using oil? Actually there are various ways to make popcorn without oil, so forget the fattening microwave kind which is laden with salt and grease, and grab some plain unpopped kernels instead. They are surprisingly cheap, which is another bonus. An ounce of those contains just 1 gram of fat. You can pop these kernels yourself without needing any fat. What You Will Need to Make Popcorn without Oil Grab yourself 1/3 cup of plain kernels, a medium to large pot with a tight-fitting lid, some oven mitts or an oven glove, and some salt or another flavor to add to your finished dish. You .....
- Microsoft Surface Tablet Review and SpecsMicrosoft’s introduction of the new and exciting surface tablet created a huge amount of attention and some people were skeptical regarding the hype. However, the big question whether this Windows Tablet Surface was worth all of the attention was very quickly answered as this tablet is incredible. Do you want to know more about the Microsoft Surface tablet? If so then read on. Every aspect of the tablet is designed with the user in mind, and close attention to detail has ensured that you will enjoy everything. The design of the surface computer is brilliant and offers a lightweight, incredibly thin, compact device. The cover can be .....
- Easy Beef Chow MeinAn easy beef chow mein is one of the tastiest Chinese dishes and if you are in the mood to rustle up your own, rather than ordering takeout, you can expect not only to save money but also to be able to enjoy a superior, more authentic flavor. You can make this easy beef chow mein in about 15 minutes flat, maybe less, and enjoy it for lunch or dinner. Different Types of Chow Mein Chow mein translates to mean fried noodles. Chow means ‘fried’ and ‘mein’ means noodles. There are 2 main variations of the dish – Hong Kong style which is with crispy noodles, or steamed chow mein. In this recipe we are pairing beef and .....
- Mexican Christmas Salad with a Hot TwistThis Mexican Christmas salad recipe is traditional in both Old and New Mexico, although we are adding a twist with the charred lettuce wedge. Although romaine (known as cos lettuce in some places) really comes to life on a grill, the delicate leaves do not always stand up to the temperature needed by the rest of the food on the grill, and nobody wants a wilted mess on their plate. Thanks to the blowtorch you can control how much heat you use and where it is directed. Besides, who wants to stand outside shivering over the grill on Christmas day, knee-deep in snow? Er, no thanks! How Mexican Christmas Salad is Prepared In this Mexican .....
- Tom Kha Gai Soup Recipe | Quick and EasyThis delicious Thai tom kha gai soup recipe is made with 10 ingredients only plus a few optional extras for serving. We are using chicken and mushrooms to make this, along with typical Thai ingredients like galangal, lemongrass, lime, coriander, coconut, fish sauce and palm sugar to make it. This is a tasty, filling Thai chicken soup recipe and it’s also therapeutic if you’re under the weather or suffering from a cold or the flu. The chicken and vegetables are nourishing while the steam from the soup helps with decongestion. As for the garnish, we like to present this traditional tom kha gai soup recipe with cilantro, chilies, .....
- Best Leftover Mashed Potatoes RecipeSo what do you do when you have leftover mashed potatoes? It’s a waste to throw them out, but who wants to reheat them and risk cold lumps or dried out mash? Let me come to your rescue with my best leftover mashed potatoes recipe ideas. Through experimenting I’ve come up with a really good way to use up leftover mashed potato, and this recipe is easy to make and really good. It goes with everything! I made the original mashed potatoes using half Carisma and half sweet potato (my husband’s diabetic so we avoid regular mash) but as usual I made too much! One of the Best Leftover Mashed Potatoes Recipe Ideas I mashed a little .....
- Classic Prawn CocktailThis classic prawn cocktail recipe combines succulent Atlantic prawns with a homemade Marie Rose sauce and more. Shell-on prawns are the best variety to use for both texture and flavor. Classic Prawn Cocktail: Tips for the Prawns You can make a nice risotto stock from the shells after peeling them too. Most Atlantic prawns are sold cooked and frozen and the best way to defrost them is to leave the in the fridge for several hours. Don’t defrost them in water because they will lose some of their flavour. When you peel them, you should split them almost in half through their backs and remove the bitter dark vein running through them. This .....
- Beef Wontons with Cabbage and GingerTry out these beef wontons with cabbage and ginger if you want to rustle up something delicious that you can make in bulk and freeze too. These are healthier than pork wontons and they freeze really well. This is a very simple wonton recipe so it is ideal for beginners. Use extra lean beef if you are watching your fat intake. Once they are cooked you can serve them or freeze them in a well-labeled plastic bag. You can cook them from frozen so you don’t need to thaw them the night before you want to cook them. Because they freeze so well it’s worth making a batch of these delicious beef wontons! Beef, ginger and Napa cabbage combine to make .....