Oysters are great served either cold or warm like in this delicious seafood starter recipe. You can serve this as a canape or as a starter dish for a summer dinner. Oysters are not the cheapest type of seafood but they are special and you do not have to serve a lot to each diner. Make this oysters in chive sauce recipe and you won’t regret it.
Oysters in Chive Sauce Recipe: Surprisingly Simple to Make
A lot of people think twice about making oysters recipes because they are thought to be difficult but actually the opposite is true. Oysters are easy to work with. In this recipe for oysters you simply make the sauce and grill the oysters for a couple of minutes. There is nothing more to it. So if you were looking for easy oyster recipes you’ve found one! Continue reading
Light and aromatic, this Japanese scallop soup recipe is easy to make and makes a lovely appetizer, lunch or light evening meal. It can be made very quickly using whichever veggies you happen to have.
The base of the Japanese scallop soup is chicken or vegetable stock and miso, then there are udon noodles and scallops in there too. You will be wowed by this recipe and want to make it again and again, because the flavor is so good.
What are Udon Noodles?
Have you tried udon noodles before? They are white, thick and a little chewy. Wheat-based, udon noodles are one of my favorite Japanese exports. You can get them fresh from the refrigerated section in the Asian store, or dried. If you don’t have them you can use linguine or another kind of noodle or pasta. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
I had a problem a couple days back. I was in the mood for crispy wontons and having recently bought a deep fat fryer and knowing I had some wonton skins in the freezer, I didn’t think anything could go wrong. However, the wonton wrappers were broken! I still fancied some crab rangoon wontons though. Can you use gyoza wrappers for wontons, I wondered. Would crab rangoon wontons made with gyoza wrappers actually work? Only one way to find out!
Making Wontons with Gyoza Skins
Gyoza wrappers are round not square and they are thicker than wonton wrappers. When I make gyoza I usually steam them or make potstickers so I was not sure how they would deep fry and couldn’t find any info online, so I thought what the heck, I will give it a go!
To cut a long story short, the crab rangoon wontons made with gyoza wrappers were really good and my husband and I both really enjoyed them.
Different Shaped Wontons
Yes the gyoza wrapper is round so you will end up with half-moon shaped wontons, but who cares when they taste this good? These are very quick to prepare and they deep-fry to perfection in just a couple of minutes. You could probably bake your crab rangoon wontons made with gyoza wrappers too, if you wanted to cut down on the fat, but sometimes deep-frying is unbeatable!
Learn how to cook fresh mussels and you will be able to prepare this delicious seafood whenever you’re in the mood. Mussels can be purchased or you can pick your own, depending of course where you live. If you are collecting your own then ensure the water is unpolluted.
Mussels are nicer during the colder months which are not in the breeding season. If you are shopping for them, then shop around and choose ones with tightly closed shells.
When cooked, you will want juicy, plump flesh and the taste of the sea. Mussels are white if male and orange if female, so color does not indicate freshness. Knowing how to cook fresh mussels means you can prepare all kinds of mussel recipes from simple ones with white wine and parsley to bolder mussel dishes, paella and more.
How to Cook Fresh Mussels: Keep Them Fresh
Eat mussels the day you get them unless you are sure how fresh they are. Put them carefully into a sink filled with cold water.
This creamy scallop baked pasta is one of my favorite dishes. It is simple to make and its creaminess makes it wonderful comfort food. I love scallops. In fact, I love all kinds of seafood! This is also a dish my husband enjoys whenever I made it.
The fact that this contains scallops makes it a gourmet baked pasta dish. Every time I make creamy scallop baked pasta, I make it slightly differently, so I offer different options in the recipe so you can tailor it to your own palate.
I like to add spinach or bell pepper, both for color and for nutrients and added flavor. I use frozen scallops because I don’t have much option where I live. I like to thaw them overnight in the refrigerator, then pat them dry using plenty of paper towels. Continue reading
This hot and creamy crab dip recipe is lovely if you want something hot, creamy and with seafood in it. The crab is blended with cream cheese, Parmesan, hot sauce and more, for a hot and delicious dip.
The dip is not too firm or too runny, so you can use it for chips, crudites or anything else. Chips should not snap off when you dip them in because, well, that’s just annoying!
Hot and Creamy Crab Dip: Serve It Nice and Hot
Because this is a hot dip, you will need to serve it immediately. Feel free to make it in advance though and pop it in the oven when your guests start to arrive. It will smell good while it heats up in the oven and the top will begin to go golden brown after 20 minutes or so. That is your cue to serve it. Continue reading
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Garlic Lime DressingAlthough nobody ever gets tired of pasta salad or rice salad recipes, there is something so special about a vegan quinoa salad, perhaps because of its unusual texture or because it is something different to what you usually have. This salad is especially good because the quinoa is combined with a variety of tasty veggies as well as seasonings. The following vegan quinoa salad recipe shows you how to make an easy quinoa salad using this delicious grain. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is easy to cook and work with and combines well with various flavors. If you are new to using this grain, then you will enjoy the following recipe and once you .....
- Duck Breast a l’Orange with Grand MarnierEasy to make yet sure to deliver a flavor that wows, duck breast a l’orange makes a fantastic dinner, whether you are serving it up to the family or considering what to make for a dinner party or special occasion. Our duck breast a l’orange recipe combines duck breast with orange, Grand Marnier for a special touch, cream, and bouillon, and the result is a perfectly balanced dish. If you do not want to buy a whole bottle of Grand Marnier (or similar orange liqueur) just get a miniature, or even omit it if you prefer. This duck breast recipe is easy enough for any home cook to manage with ease, even if it is your first time .....
- How to Make an English BreakfastAn English breakfast, often known as a full breakfast in England, is a breakfast meal which usually includes back bacon, fried, scrambled or poached eggs, sausages, and sometimes tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns (yes they’re American not English, but popular these days!), black pudding, baked beans, toast or fried bread, and tea or coffee. Want to know how to make an English breakfast yourself? Read on for some tips. Bubble and squeak (mashed potatoes and cooked vegetables mashed together and fried) sometimes feature, while in the North you might get fried or broiled oatcakes instead of fried bread or toast. How to Make an English .....
- Greek Stuffed Squid with Parsley and White WineKnown all over the world, this wonderful Greek take on stuffed squid is a surefire way to anyone’s heart. Greek stuffed squid with parsley will win its way to anyone’s heart. Want to impress someone? Easy! Just make this! Who else cooks seafood with as much passion or commitment as the Greeks? Greek stuffed squid with parsley is sure to be a hit. Well, perhaps other Mediterranean countries too, but this recipe is one of the nicest, and all the passion of the Greeks goes into selecting and preparing the ingredients, and the result is something you can call ‘gourmet’ and is definitely both well-balanced and highly .....
- Indian Ground Beef with Fresh Tomato SaladThis Indian ground beef recipe is just amazing and I have made it 5 or 6 times. Despite beef not being the most popular meat in India (the Holy Cow and all that) it works beautifully with this recipe and these seasonings, so if you are into beef and you want to make something Indian, consider this recipe. The ingredients in this Indian ground beef dish work amazingly together and the finished dish is just heaven on a plate. You will cook the beef and onion, then add chickpeas, curry powder and stock. This mixture is served spooned over naan bread with a fresh tomato and cilantro salad......
- Cat Behavior ExplainedOur furry feline friends have some fascinating behavioral habits which might be confusing to their owners but they do have explanatory reasons. Why do cats purr for example? Does it mean they are happy and content? Here is a look at some of the more common feline behaviors so you can consider at least some cat behavior explained. Cat Behavior: Why Do Cats Purr? Cats use purring as a communication device. A cat will purr when something makes them feel happy, comfortable or safe. A kitten and its mother often purr together as a sign of comfort and being relaxed and the kitten will continue the purring behavior throughout its life. It has also .....
- Hungarian Venison Goulash StewThis Hungarian venison goulash stew is a real winter warmer of a recipe, offering amazing comfort food for those chilly fall and winter evenings. An authentic Hungarian recipe, this is sure to fill even the hungriest belly, and it is easy to make as well, even if you are new to cooking venison, new to making stews, or just never made this particular recipe before. The results will be great. Serving Hungarian Venison Goulash Stew Serve this Hungarian venison goulash stew with mashed potatoes, fluffy white rice, dumplings, vegetables, or anything else you want. Personally I like garlic mashed potatoes with plenty of butter mashed into them! .....
- What are Pineberries and Some Pineberry RecipesAlthough pineberries might resemble albino white strawberries they are in fact a different berry altogether. This petite, rounded fruit has white flesh and red seeds and there are some pineberry recipes you really must try. They are not as hardy as red strawberries although they do share a genetic makeup. Perhaps you have spotted some in the supermarket or market and been curious about what they are and how they might taste. What are Pineberries Exactly? This fruit, also known as chiloensis, or Puren White strawberries, is a cross between North American red strawberries and South American white strawberries. They are grown in plant form, .....
- 7 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh RecipesChicken thighs are a wonderful option. Not only are they cheap and easy to find, but they are also very tasty, boating plenty of flavor. You can make all kinds of delicious boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes and you are sure to adore the taste. Unlike chicken breast, which can dry out quickly, the higher fat content in chicken thighs keeps them succulent and moist. They are forgiving even if you overcook them a bit. If you spot some on sale in the grocery store, grab them because there are plenty of wonderful boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes you can rustle up using chicken thighs. You can expect a great flavor from a good chicken .....
- Parma Ham with Melon RecipeThis Parma ham with melon recipe is super easy and makes a great bite before any kind of main meal. Parma ham and melon are wonderful together. The delicate texture and saltiness of the Parma ham is the perfect contrast to the juicy sweetness of the melon. No wonder this is such a classic starter recipe. Always Up to Date Not only is this Parma ham with melon recipe a classic flavor pairing but it is also a timeless starter. What could be simpler than draping thin slices of ham over melon wedges? You only need 2 ingredients to make it so this is a good dish for any home chef to work on, even a total beginner. If you can make a cup of tea, .....