Last night I decided to make seafood so I grabbed some raw squid (calamari) tubes and also 2 cooked octopus legs. I had an idea of how to cook them but wasn’t sure how to reheat the octopus without it going tough. I really wanted an octopus and squid stir fry though, so I went ahead with it.
On the package it said to give it a couple of minutes in the microwave but I wasn’t keen on that idea. Instead I prepared a stir-fry type dish with the squid, then added the octopus at the end and just stirred it into the rest of the mixture until it was warmed through. It came out really well and octopus and squid stir fry is something I want to make again.
How to Reheat Octopus
The key here is reheating it gently so it doesn’t toughen. That means you should get it warm rather than piping hot else you risk that meat toughening up, and let’s face it, nobody wants chewy seafood. Of course, the octopus can also be served cold, as part of a salad perhaps. Continue reading
This Italian-inspired risotto stuffed squid recipe makes a delicious dinner and it is impressive enough to serve at a dinner party. Calamari is often battered and deep-fried but in this recipe it is stuffed with tasty risotto and cooked on the grill or griddle, then served in slices for a beautiful presentation.
What Kind of Squid to Use for Risotto Stuffed Squid
You can use whatever size squid you like. Use smallish ones (the width of your palm) and each person can eat 2 or even 3, or use larger ones and 1 per person should be sufficient.
The size of the squid affects the cooking time (bigger squid take longer to become tender) but not the flavor. You might want to garnish the plates with some pan-fried baby squid. Otherwise consider a small salad or your favorite steamed veggies – maybe asparagus.
Some More Hot Content For You
Hot and sour soup is a lovely Chinese dish, featuring chili, vegetables and more, but this recipe takes the recipe to the next level adding squid to the mix, so you can enjoy the wonderfully soft texture of that in the soup. A hot and sour squid soup might sound like an exotic recipe but it is really easy to make.
Take a look at the following hot and sour squid soup recipe and you will see how anyone could put this together. Feel free to make it as spicy or as mild as you like. If you are feeling under the weather or you think you are getting a cold or the flu, up the spices to help fight it off!
You can make this soup as an appetizer or have it for lunch. If you want to try the classic hot and sour soup recipe you can find a traditionally Chinese and squid-free way of making it at http://victoriahaneveer.com/recipes/soup/hot-and-sour-soup-chinese-style/ Continue reading
Learning how to stuff squid is very easy, and although calamari is also nice cut into rings, breaded and deep fried, it is especially good stuffed. You can choose from a wide range of stuffed squid recipes and use whichever ingredients you happen to like. Knowing how to stuff calamari tubes is useful to know, just because there are so many great recipes for stuffed calamari out there.
You can buy the bodies (tubes) already cleaned or you can clean them out yourself. I usually buy the frozen tubes because they are very cheap where we live, but if you have a whole squid you also get the lovely tentacles which are nice to use in your stuffed squid recipe, both in the stuffing and also in the sauce.
How to Stuff Calamari Tubes: Do You Need the Tentacles Too?
The tentacles are optional, so just get the ready-cleaned tubes if you prefer. If you are using tentacles, they are nice mixed with breadcrumbs, cheese, eggs and seasonings to make a flavorful stuffing, but if you don’t have any tentacles then don’t worry about it. Continue reading
This squid is stuffed with an aromatic garlic, ricotta and Parmesan mixture, and then slowly braised in a delicious tomato sauce. Choose cheese stuffed squid in tomato sauce if you want to impress. This is a classic stuffed calamari recipe and the flavor is so good. Squid has to be cooked very fast or very slow, and in this recipe it is slowly cooked for about half an hour and then you should be able to slide a sharp knife through the squid easily. When you can do this, it is ready to serve.
The nicest way to stuff squid is to slice it into equal sized pieces and arrange them on a plate, so you can see the filling. You could just serve the squid whole but that might be a bit ungainly looking especially if you are using big squid tubes.
Cheese Stuffed Squid in Tomato Sauce Pairings: Satisfying Side Dish Ideas
Toss your favorite salad greens together to make the perfect side dish. Another idea is to serve avocado or other tasty vegetables. Some people like to serve a warm side dish, not a cold one, so consider corn on the cob or broccoli if you like. Continue reading
I love making stuffed squid and I enjoy trying out new recipes, but this is the one I usually made because my husband is crazy about it. Use big squid tubes to make this recipe and only fill them two-thirds full so the filling does not expand and come out. This is, in my opinion, the best stuffed squid recipe with sauce. I love the texture, the flavor… everything!
You will need to clean the squid first, unless you are using the cleaned type. I usually get ready-cleaned ones, and I can get a package of 5 frozen ones from the Chinese store. I thaw them overnight in the refrigerator and they are great.
When cooking the squid, cook them until they are tender. This means a knife should slip through easily. Squid needs to be cooked either for a very short time (like a minute) or for a long time (like 45 minutes) because it relaxes then toughens then relaxes again. Squid should never be chewy! Continue reading
- Luxurious Irish Cream ShakeThis Irish cream shake is so good and it is really quick to make too. Brew some strong coffee and let it cool down, then put it in the blender with Bailey’s, ice cream and coconut milk to make this thick, creamy shake. Ideal for St Patrick’s Day or just whenever you want to spoil yourself with a wonderful treat, this Irish cream shake always goes down well, and the flavor is amazing. This Irish cream shake recipe serves 2 people but it is easy enough to double or triple the recipe if you are serving more. If you want, you may top the shake with whipped cream and chocolate curls for a nice presentation, else you can serve smaller .....
- Bathroom Furniture to Enhance the Smallest RoomBathroom furniture can ensure that your bathroom looks and feels amazing, regardless of the size or style of the room. Many people overlook how vital the furniture is for this room, and it is often left to the last minute to choose. However, if you take the time and effort to select the correct items for your bathroom, you can make it feel incredible and inviting. There are several different pieces of bathroom furniture to choose from so you need to consider your needs and what you want the pieces to do for your room. You need to decide if you want fitted furniture, or pieces that can be moved easily. Both have advantages and will often .....
- Ham and Cheese French ToastFrench toast, also known as eggy bread, makes a great breakfast. The bread is usually dipped in beaten eggs and then pan-fried until golden brown. This recipe takes the classic French toast to the next level, however, by adding ham and cheese to the mix. This is known as a Monte Cristo sandwich, and can be pan-fried or deep-fried. Ham and cheese French toast is something kids love, and so do the grownups! Serve ham and cheese French toast with some ketchup for breakfast, brunch or a hot snack at any time, and enjoy the wonderful flavors. This is a snack which is sure to keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal. Serve these sandwiches .....
- Discovering the Latest Modern Bathroom TrendsModern bathroom trends can suit every style, taste and budget, regardless of where you are in the world. More people than ever before are investing time and money into their bathrooms, and you will be amazed at the huge array of different trends available. There are several different ways that you can improve the look and feel of your bathroom with modern bathroom trends including a variety of different accessories and fittings. Creating the Perfect Environment You need to consider the overall feel that you want to achieve in your bathroom, and decide on your budget before you go shopping. Some of the latest modern trends are expensive so .....
- Mushroom Risotto with Truffle OilThis easy mushroom risotto with truffle oil recipe combines rice with mushrooms, and you can use any kind of mushrooms you want. Last time I used button mushrooms, but you can also use assorted wild mushrooms if you want, or another kind. We are also using dried mushrooms in the mushroom risotto with truffle oil, which you will reconstitute before proceeding with the recipe. Different Types of Risotto There are lots of different type of risotto, including shrimp, chicken and vegetable types. I like asparagus risotto with plenty of parmesan. Everyone has their own favorite. I like to use arborio rice to make mushroom risotto with truffle .....
- Incredible Pink Diamond RingsLook at these amazing pink diamond rings. Every lady loves diamonds. They are a girl’s best friend after all. But pink ones can be truly stunning, and they are really popular at the moment, especially in celebrity circles. Have you seen a real pink diamond? These stones are incredible. You can get real, lab-created or imitation pink diamonds of varying qualities. So pick something which fits not only your style but your budget. Different Options for Different Budgets You can get a pink ‘diamondlike’ CZ ring for $20 or a high quality genuine one for $10,000. It depends how much you are willing to spend on pink diamond rings......
- Cauliflower Nasi Goreng – Low CarbThis cauliflower nasi goreng – low carb and tasty – might well earn a place on your regular meal rotation. It’s just so special! Nasi goreng is a delicious dish from Indonesia, which I’ve enjoyed plenty of times since moving to the Netherlands, since the Dutch are very much into Indonesian foods. Although this is a rice-based dish and you might think no way can that be low carb, swap the rice for cauliflower and it will be! Also, because this is a spicy dish (a dish with spices, not necessary ‘hot’ if you don’t want it to be) you won’t taste the cauliflower. What is Nasi Gorgeng? The name .....
- Best Home Treatments for Yeast InfectionYou will be amazed what you have in your home that can help to treat your yeast infection effectively. There are huge arrays of different ingredients in kitchen cupboards, which can be combined to produce excellent home remedies. You will be able to come up with some of the best home treatments for yeast infection. These will not only cost you far less than over the counter treatments, but also be 100% natural. What Causes the Yeast Infection in Your Body? Candida is a fungus that is present in your body at all times and produces micro organisms, called Candida Albicans. These tiny microorganisms can cause a huge amount of trouble when .....
- Baked Beef Wontons with Bell PepperThe following recipe shows you how to make baked beef wontons which also contain bell pepper for a colorful finish. Baking wontons is an alternative to frying them if you happen to have the oven on anyway or if you want to trim the fat content. These delicious little morsels make wonderful appetizers and it is up to you what shape you make them – open so you can see the beef and colorful bell pepper filling, or closed so the filling is a surprise. Tips and Tricks for Perfect Baked Beef Wontons You could even make moneybags by pinching the tops closed so they look like moneybags, but most people like to leave these open, so people can .....
- Greek Couscous SaladThe following Greek couscous salad offers all the wonderful flavors typically found in Greek salad. Those include feta cheese, tomatoes, Kalamata olives and cucumber, along with a bright and zingy lemon-based dressing. But then you also have couscous in there which works perfectly and makes the Greek couscous salad more filling. This Greek couscous salad is a versatile dish which can be served as an appetizer or main dish, perhaps teamed with some crusty bread and aioli or butter. It can be served chilled or at room temperature although we prefer it at room temperature because the flavors are better that way. Making a change from a Greek .....