This is not a stuffed squid recipe like many of our other soup recipes with squid but it is too good not to include on here. Oh yes, Spanish squid soup is one of the best soups I know, and it’s worth learning the recipe. The recipe features squid of course, and also potatoes, onion and tomato. Aromatic flavor comes from the chilies, thyme, garlic and balsamic vinegar. The green beans are optional but they look attractively colorful so if you want to use them then just throw them in after topping and tailing them.
The Spanish squid soup recipe is very simple to prepare. Once all the ingredients are in there you need to let it simmer for 3 or 4 hours so the flavors can really meld, and so the squid can tenderize. Just imagine how wonderful this is going to smell while it’s cooking! Try serving this with warmed crusty bread, since that is how it would be served in Spain. You will know when it is ready. The squid will be tender not chewy, so just taste a bit and see how it is. If it is not tender enough, give it more time. You need to ensure the squid in this Spanish squid soup is perfect.
Spicing Things Up
It is up to you how much chili you add. In fact you can leave it out altogether if you wish, or use sweet bell pepper instead for a milder result. This is a wonderful way of using squid and if you want a tasty Spanish squid recipe but do not mind it not being stuffed then why not try this? Because of the extended cooking time it’s not the kind of dish you can decide to make 10 minutes before eating, but begin it after lunch then let it simmer gently until dinner time. You will be very glad you chose to make this Spanish squid soup because the taste is magical. Continue reading
This recipe is a little unusual, at least more unusual than most stuffed squid recipes. Not only does it look delicious but the tangy chili sauce is the perfect partner for the tender seafood, another great reason to prepare this fantastic dish. Squid with pistachio might be hard to imagine but believe me, it’s the stuff of dreams!
The squid is stuffed with a pistachio and lemon infused brown rice which is really filling, and the sauce can be served on the side, like you see in the picture, or you can drizzle it over the plates and arrange the squid slices on top, as you wish. If you want to change this recipe a bit you can use fresh breadcrumbs instead of the rice, since that would also be very nice in a squid with pistachio dish.
As well as the ingredients listed you will need some toothpicks to secure the squid before cooking. Remember to stuff them maximum 2 thirds full so they do not explode during cooking. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
This chili squid with tomatoes recipe is for lovers of all things spicy, since chili is used plentifully. Chili and tomato goes well, which is good because the sauce is tomato-based. You could use fresh tomatoes for this but honestly the canned type are just as good here.
The squid is stuffed with a mixture of egg, bread and cilantro. This is how you make this chili squid with tomatoes a success. The filling should be sticky but not too ‘wet’ so add the egg a little at a time. If it is not wet enough add extra egg to it. This is a very simple filling so you can appreciate the flavor of the squid without any of the ingredients overpowering anything else.
Chili Squid with Tomatoes: The Sauce and Beans
The sauce goes into the pan while the squid is in there and this is made with tomatoes, chili (as much as you want, although the recipe calls for a couple of chilies) and other ingredients. The green beans are an optional ingredient so feel free to disregard them but I feel they add extra color and nutrition and usually like to add them to the recipe. Continue reading
Known all over the world, this wonderful Greek take on stuffed squid is a surefire way to anyone’s heart. Greek stuffed squid with parsley will win its way to anyone’s heart. Want to impress someone? Easy! Just make this!
Who else cooks seafood with as much passion or commitment as the Greeks? Greek stuffed squid with parsley is sure to be a hit. Well, perhaps other Mediterranean countries too, but this recipe is one of the nicest, and all the passion of the Greeks goes into selecting and preparing the ingredients, and the result is something you can call ‘gourmet’ and is definitely both well-balanced and highly flavorful.
The Greek stuffed squid with parsley recipe is made in 2 stages. You need to make the sauce and then you need to prepare and cook the squid. The sauce is made with garlic, lemon, white wine and tomatoes, which are all bold, vibrant flavors, and typically used in the Mediterranean region. The squid itself is stuffed with rice, green onions and parsley. This is a really impressive dish to cook. If you are someone who is nervous about cooking squid then stop!
Easy but So Yummy
Seriously, Greek stuffed squid with parsley is so easy to do. Squid needs to be cooked for a minute over a very high heat or braised for 45 minutes or more over a very low heat. If you accidentally overcook your squid using the first method you need to turn down the heat and extend the cooking time. Stuffed squid uses the second method because it is too thick to cook that quickly. Save the one minute method for your calamari rings or small squid strips. Continue reading
This chorizo stuffed squid recipe really is good. The baby squid are stuffed with chorizo to make this Spanish inspired chorizo stuffed squid meal. The end result is simply amazing. Whether or not you have cooked squid before, you are sure to find this a relatively easy recipe to follow and get right.
Chorizo Stuffed Squid: Hmm, Fish and Meat Together?
Although using chorizo and squid in the same recipe sounds odd, it really is good and the chorizo adds a beautiful salty finish to the seafood. Have you ever tried bacon-wrapped fish or prosciutto-wrapped shrimp? Seriously, pork and fish do go together really well. I wasn’t convinced but then a friend of mine made bacon-wrapped cod filet and it was amazing. So I wanted to make chorizo stuffed squid and taste for myself.
You will need to snap toothpicks in half and soak them in water for half an hour before using them to close the squid pockets so they do not char. This recipe takes a while because you need to prepare each ingredient and of course stuff the squid, but it is well worth it. Homemade stuffed squid is always excellent.
This classic recipe for seafood stuffed squid combines shrimp, fish and squid to make a seafood-rich meal. You will need large squid for this. Each one is stuffed with shrimp, and fish and then you make a sauce using tomato, paprika, bread, wine and onion which goes over the squid. The sauce flavors the squid, adds moisture to the dish and also looks good on the plate when you serve the seafood stuffed squid. Cut the squid into slices to serve for the best-looking result.
The filling for this seafood stuffed squid should match the amount of squid but if you have any leftover squid including the tentacles, you can cut it into rings and scatter it over the stuffed squid before pouring on the sauce if you wish. I hate wasting seafood so if I have any over I just do this. If I have less filling then I just stuff it less. A note about stuffing squid – do not overstuff it else you are asking for trouble! Squid should be about two-thirds stuffed and then you should press it closed to get out the remaining air. Secure the opening using a toothpick. If the filling expands during cooking, there will be sufficient space in there to allow that to happen. Continue reading
- Crab Rangoon WontonsCrab rangoon wontons are always popular at buffets and dinner parties. They make a great appetizer before a meat or poultry main course. You can garnish them with fresh dill if you like. Since dill is traditionally served with fish, this will indicate to your dinner guests that the wontons contain fish or seafood. Crab rangoon wontons are known as crab puffs in Pacific northwest states. They might also be called crab meat cheese, cheese crab wontons, crab pillows or crab cheese wontons. Regardless of how you call them, these crab rangoon wontons are always amazing. History of Crab Rangoon Crab rangoon has featured on Trader Vic’s menu since .....
- Cheese Wontons with Homemade Hot SauceThis easy appetizer recipe combines cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce. You could use store-bought hot sauce but where’s the fun in that? Now cheese is certainly not a Chinese staple, which is why it is never seen on the menu in authentic Chinese food restaurants, but wonton skins go so well with cheese that not including a few cheese wontons recipes would be sinful! Yes these cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce do include dairy, which isn’t found in much Chinese cuisine or Asian cuisine in general, but try it and see. It works nicely. Which Cheese to Use This cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce recipe calls for Monterey Jack .....
- Walden Farms Calorie-Free Food ReviewFlavorful Items to Complement Your Diet This calorie free food is for anyone looking for items which do not contain calories, carbohydrates, fat or sugar. Doesn’t that sound exciting! Their range includes fruit spreads, regular and flavored mayo, pouring syrups, salad dressings, pasta sauces, whipped peanut spreads, dips for chips or fruit, condiments, and more. Carb-Free Too These products contain no carbs either, so you can enjoy as much as you want. But what do these calorie free food products actually taste like? I have bought a selection of them recently, to try them out for myself, and I have to say some are better than others......
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Sweet PeppersThese cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers are gorgeous and I often make them as a side dish. I like to use the long pointy red peppers, both because of their nice, sweet flavor, and also because of how they lie flat on the plate and don’t fall over. You can use bell peppers if you want, or even chilies if you have a taste for them. Roast these in the oven or broil them if you prefer. Keep an eye on them. You will be able to see when they are done. Tweak if You Wish It is perfectly possible to tweak this cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers recipe based on what you have. I have made these with just the peppers and the cream cheese before .....
- Chinese Kitchen EssentialsSome Chinese utensils are the same as Western ones, but not all. To make the best Chinese recipes you will need various pots and pans, ladles and spoons or spatulas. Yes, investing in Chinese kitchen essentials is going to be a good idea if you want to rustle up authentic Chinese recipes. A good-quality wok is also a staple, and you might like to get a bamboo steamer too since you can make steamed wontons in there, or even cook vegetables or chicken. A bamboo steamer can be yours for just $4 or $5. The texture of the bamboo allows steam to circulate and evaporate so you do not get a lot of moisture stuck on the lid. Also, you can steam more .....
- How To Make Shrimp and Mushroom Stuffed CalamariHow does shrimp and mushroom stuffed calamari sound to you? The red pepper sauce served with it is beautiful too. This recipe makes sufficient for 4 people and features shrimp, mushrooms, garlic, parsley and breadcrumbs. The sauce is made with red pepper, garlic and oil, to keep things simple. I have various stuffed calamari recipes in my repertoire but this one is always a winner and it’s great for any occasion, even a special occasion like a dinner party or special birthday meal. This is a clear, simple-to-follow video and it is a great introduction to beginner home cooks who wish to make stuffed squid for the first time. Try this .....
- Pink Toilets and Pink Toilet SeatsPink toilets will make a statement, which is what many people want to do in their homes. The bathroom can often be the best place to be adventurous so don’t rule pink toilets out entirely! If you have a typically conservative taste, yet you want to step out of the box, choosing pink toilets could be the way to achieve this goal. There are no rules when it comes to designing your bathroom; therefore, colorful accessories and fixtures can be an excellent choice. Deciding on the Design, Style and Color of the Toilet Contemporary toilets and bathroom designs have become incredibly popular, and many people are choosing bright, vibrant .....
- Cilantro Shrimp Wonton SoupSome people make wonton soup by dropping their filled wontons into their prepared stock and letting them simmer in there but others prefer to cook the wontons in water and then add them to the soup, so as not to make the soup cloudy. Since you are the cook and the one who is going to be eating the dish, it is totally up to you. You can prepare your cilantro shrimp wonton soup however you prefer. The first few times I made cilantro shrimp wonton soup I put the wontons directly in the soup mixture and let them cook in there, but then I experimented with cooking them in water and then lifting them into warmed serving bowls using a slotted spoon .....
- What is Tofu Exactly?Tofu is an ingredient which is made by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into blocks. It is used in various East and Southeast Asian cuisines. Tofu can be fresh or processed, and its subtle flavor suits a variety of savory and sweet recipes. It is often marinated or seasoned before use. If you’re wondering what is tofu exactly, you might also be interested in its history. Tofu dates back nearly 2000 years to ancient China and during the Nara period its production technique was introduced into Korea and Japan. Tofu is low in calories, featuring a lot of protein but not much fat. It is also high in iron and .....
- Catalan Mussels RecipeFresh mussels have their own distinctive flavor and they don’t need much added to them to bring out their natural taste. Mussels and cockles are great for making appetizers, or starter recipes. Mussels steamed are great, as are mussels cooked in other ways. One of the best ways to work with this seafood is to try out this Catalan mussels recipe. Adding Flavor to the Mussels In this Catalan mussels recipe, vinegar, lemon, oil and basil are used to add flavour and the natural mussel recipe taste shines through. This dish is best chilled overnight so allow plenty of time to do that. This is also a bonus if you are planning a number of .....