My husband and I had lunch at the Jamie Oliver restaurant in Cardiff last year and it was really good! I had the avocado superfood salad with smoked salmon and it really made an impression. I loved all those flavors and it looked gorgeous too. I wanted to recreate it so I came up with this Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat recipe. It’s not identical but pretty close!
What’s in It?
The Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat salad is made with avocado, beets, grains, kale, toasted seeds, and a tasty harissa and lemon dressing. On top of that you have avocado, pomegranate and poppy seeds. The following recipe is a copycat attempt, in case you wish to recreate some of this wonderful meal, but I can’t say it is totally accurate since I’m just going by what I remember.
In the restaurant you can order free-range chicken or smoked salmon on the side, or some feta cheese if you want. I am all for tweaking recipes so take the following Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat recipe and tweak it to your heart’s content. Consider adding walnuts, olives, capers, cucumber, grated carrot, baby spinach, or anything else. Consider this recipe as a starting point and lovingly make this recipe your own. Continue reading
Dips are always fun to make, especially if you have a food processor and can whip them up in seconds! Although sometimes a hot dip is good, such as this hot and creamy crab dip or even our tasty artichoke dip, cool and creamy dips are also good. Try our Greek yogurt avocado dip if you like cool, creamy dips for your chips or crudites.
When I made this particular recipe I enjoyed it with Doritos, but you could serve this with crackers, vegetable crudites, melba toast, baguette bread slices, corn chips, potato chips, or anything else you want to dip in there. I made this in literally 3 minutes and the flavor was amazing. I wasn’t planning to eat all of this Greek yogurt avocado dip but, uh, well you know how it is!
What You Need to Make Greek YogurtAavocado Dip
You will need some Greek yogurt, an avocado, some lime juice, and salt and black pepper to taste. If you want, you can swap the Greek yogurt for sour cream or use half and half. I’ve made it both ways, and both are good. Serve this as a Greek yogurt avocado dressing over salad if you want. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add a splash of milk (only a little bit because you don’t want it too thin). Some cilantro in the Greek yogurt avocado dip is also nice, or you could put a small pinch of garlic powder in there. Even some hot sauce for a special zing! Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
Using cauliflower instead of rice is a great idea if you are looking to cut calories, carbs, or you simply don’t want to have rice but you want something similar in texture. Try this egg fried cauli rice recipe and you will soon see what all the fuss is about!
Pop some cauliflower florets in the food processor, press the button, and a couple of seconds later you will have something resembling rice, which can be transformed into egg fried ‘rice’ or even something like our yummy Mexican cauli rice recipe (opens in new link) which is low in calories and tastes gorgeous.
Always a Great Meal
I made this egg fried cauli rice recipe for lunch today and found it quick and easy. This pan-fried cauliflower rice is delicious and you can add anything you like in there. I just used green onion, mushrooms, soy sauce, egg and a dash of sesame oil along with the cauli rice but you may add anything else in there.
Perhaps you have some leftover cooked chicken or shrimp to use up, in which case throw them in and warm them up for a couple of minutes. Did you open a can of corn kernels or peas yesterday? Add a spoonful of those into the cauli-rice mix if you want. Continue reading
Knowing how to make cauliflower rice is very handy whether you are looking for a low-carb substitute for rice, you are trying to cut down your calories, or you simply want to use up a cauliflower or sneak some added nutrients into your meal. Try this Mexican cauli rice dish for yourself and you’ll be amazed how good it is.
This Mexican cauliflower rice recipe is simple to prepare, and it is something you can tweak to your heart’s content. The first thing you need to do of course is transform your raw cauliflower into rice-sized pieces, and the easiest way to do this is to put it in the food processor with a blade attachment and whiz it for a few seconds.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
If you don’t have a food processor though, you can do it in the blender or else use a box grater to do it by hand. You can use the whole cauliflower apart from the leaves and the woody part right in the center. Don’t use thawed cauliflower for Mexican cauli rice because it is too mushy to separate into the rice-shaped bits. Continue reading
Steak is a popular protein on low carb diets because it is nutritious, filling and versatile. You can marinate it, use a spice rub or sauce, grill, barbecue or pan-fry it, or prepare it in another way. Plain steak and vegetables can become a bit boring and tedious though, which is why knowing how to make an easy low carb steak marinade recipe can breathe new life into your evening meal, adding tasty, spicy accents.
The following low carb steak marinade recipe is made with basil, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. You will need to let the steak soak in the marinade to soak up all the wonderful flavors. If you wish to tweak the recipe, swapping the balsamic vinegar for red wine vinegar, the onion powder for minced fresh onion or the red pepper flakes for a few drops of Tabasco sauce, that is fine.
Marinating Times for Low Carb Steak Marinade
We recommend about 4 hours as a good amount of marinating time, but overnight is also good. If you’re marinating a fine cut of steak such as strip steak or filet mignon, half an hour is sufficient, while tougher cuts like flank, brisket or skirt steak can be left in the mixture overnight.
Serve the finished steak with low carb side dishes such as creamed spinach or bacon-wrapped avocado unless you want to try a low carb potato dish, in which case Carisma potatoes might tempt your taste buds. This low carb steak marinade is sure to impress you. Continue reading
I’ve always been a fan of stuffed peppers, especially when beef, rice and cheese come together with seasonings to offer a rich and satisfying filling. But this time I wanted to make something without the rice and cheese, and I was curious how to flavor the beef sufficiently so that could be the main ingredient. That is how the idea for these curried beef stuffed peppers was born.
The following curried beef stuffed peppers recipe is made with spices and seasonings to add a light curry flavor to the beef filling, along with walnuts, raisins and other ingredients to add flavor accents. The overall effect is amazing and I am keen to make these curried beef stuffed peppers again soon.
I served the curried beef stuffed peppers with green beans on the side and actually they didn’t look much on the plate but, trust me, they are filling! The following recipe makes 2 servings and the amount of filling should be just enough to fill the peppers. Mine was perfect – neither too much nor too little, but of course it depends on the size of your peppers.
- All About Vaginal Yeast InfectionsA yeast infection that affects the vaginal area is commonly referred to as candidiasis as the infection is caused by the fungus Candida. This fungus is present throughout your body at all times. However, in the perfect environment, it can grow rapidly. In areas, which are moist and warm the fungus will thrive and becomes an issue. If you think that you are suffering with this form of yeast infection, there are several symptoms which are obvious. Vaginal yeast infections can be diagnosed by the symptoms or the fact you get them often (although not everyone does). You can either experience all of the symptoms or just a few, everyone is .....
- Traditional Recipe for Cornish PastiesOne of the most famous dishes to come from Cornwall, England (well apart from tea and scones of course) is the Cornish pasty. This delicious snack can be enjoyed hot, warm or chilled, and the beef and vegetable filling complements the flaky pastry perfectly. Knowing the traditional recipe for Cornish pasties means you can prepare this delicacy for your family at home. Traditional Recipe for Cornish Pasties Dough We are making the pastry for our Cornish pasty (pronounced PAH-stee) recipe as well as preparing the filling. For the pastry you will need flour, butter, egg yolks, salt and baking powder. It helps to have a food processor to prepare .....
- Easy Pakora RecipeBefore we go into the details of our easy pakora recipe you might be wondering what is pakora exactly. That is a very good question! Pakoras are made by combining grated or finely chopped vegetables (and perhaps other ingredients) with Indian spices, then cooking the results in little balls until crispy, either frying or baking them. Hot and Typically Indian This crispy Indian snack is best served hot. There are different types of pakora, and you can use meat to make it or even keep it vegetarian. These treats may be served alongside other Indian favorites, such as a chicken curry and rice, or you can enjoy them as an appetizer. Some people .....
- Authentic Spanish Omelet RecipeSpanish omelet, or tortilla espanola as it is also known, is a combination of potatoes and eggs, giving you not only a ton of flavor, but also a protein and energy boost. You can eat a Spanish omelet recipe hot, chilled or at room temperature. I Love This Spanish Omelet Recipe! When I lived in the Canaries and mainland Spain, a Spanish omelet recipe was one of my favorite tapas, and sometimes I would indulge in a Spanish omelet sandwich in crusty bread with aioli (garlic mayonnaise) and a touch of ketchup too. Oh – and a slice of cheese. Now that was a real treat! The main ingredients you need to make tortilla espanola are eggs and .....
- Elegant Seafood Fettucine with Lemon and DillTry this seafood fettuccine with lemon and dill recipe if you are out to impress. This is the perfect go-to recipe for a dinner party because it pairs seafood with pasta and it looks like a true gourmet dish on the plate, although to be honest it is really easy to put together. As well as the fettuccine pasta you will need mixed seafood, and for your flavors you will be adding lemon, dill and a touch of Tabasco sauce – flavors which are amazing with seafood. For this seafood fettuccine with lemon and dill recipe, the pasta is cooked in one pan while the seafood mixture is cooked in another. You then have the choice of either combining .....
- Starter Recipes Around the GlobeInternational dishes have taken off recently in a big way. It is not unusual at all these days to see international starter recipes on a restaurant menu or to be given them at a dinner party. This obviously applies to main courses and desserts as well as starter recipes. Chicken sate, prawn toast, Asian soup recipes, Greek dips, Spanish tapas and more are popular as well as common these days and many people even prefer international starter recipes over traditional British ones. There are more ingredients available in modern supermarkets than ever before and you can use these ingredients to make exotic recipes and fusion-style snacks. .....
- Discovering the Latest Modern Bathroom TrendsModern bathroom trends can suit every style, taste and budget, regardless of where you are in the world. More people than ever before are investing time and money into their bathrooms, and you will be amazed at the huge array of different trends available. There are several different ways that you can improve the look and feel of your bathroom with modern bathroom trends including a variety of different accessories and fittings. Creating the Perfect Environment You need to consider the overall feel that you want to achieve in your bathroom, and decide on your budget before you go shopping. Some of the latest modern trends are expensive so .....
- 1950s Kitchen StyleRetro is very popular right now and if you are thinking about designing your kitchen in a 1950s decor style it is quite easy to find 1950s kitchen style accessories. With a retro style 50s kitchen you can incorporate the funky 50s look with a modern 21st century kitchen. The 1950s were an optimistic, prosperous and conservative time and entertainment was revolutionized with the invention of televisions, rock and roll and new movies. Fifties Kitchen Style Airy, open floor plans were popular and kitchens were being outfitted with new stainless steel and chrome appliances, which make cooking easier and faster. Pastel colors like pink, yellow, .....
- Chicken Livers Middle Eastern StyleChicken is one of the most popular meats worldwide, although many of us will gladly buy the breast or drumsticks but be hesitant about the livers – enter chicken livers Middle Eastern style. Once you know this recipe you will want to make it over and over! Once you try chicken livers though, you are sure to change your mind, because the flavor and texture are both very enjoyable, and these livers are really versatile too – a Middle Eastern flavor works very nicely, but there are plenty of other cuisines using these livers, each adding their own flavors and using their own take on flavors to complement the distinctive liver taste. .....
- Mouthwatering Mexican Crack Slaw RecipeAlthough crack slaw is an Asian dish and is usually made with Chinese seasonings, there is no reason you cannot experiment with the dish and find your own preferred way of making it. Since this Mexican crack slaw is such a good Atkins diet recipe it is worth knowing a few variations so you don’t get bored with it. You can make it Mexican, Greek, Spanish or use other herbs, spices and seasonings to give it a totally different feel. The dish is mainly meat, poultry or fish, along with vegetables and seasonings. You won’t even miss the carbs, I promise! Typical Mexican Flavors The following Mexican crack slaw recipe shows you how to .....