My husband and I had lunch at the Jamie Oliver restaurant in Cardiff last year and it was really good! I had the avocado superfood salad with smoked salmon and it really made an impression. I loved all those flavors and it looked gorgeous too. I wanted to recreate it so I came up with this Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat recipe. It’s not identical but pretty close!
What’s in It?
The Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat salad is made with avocado, beets, grains, kale, toasted seeds, and a tasty harissa and lemon dressing. On top of that you have avocado, pomegranate and poppy seeds. The following recipe is a copycat attempt, in case you wish to recreate some of this wonderful meal, but I can’t say it is totally accurate since I’m just going by what I remember.
In the restaurant you can order free-range chicken or smoked salmon on the side, or some feta cheese if you want. I am all for tweaking recipes so take the following Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat recipe and tweak it to your heart’s content. Consider adding walnuts, olives, capers, cucumber, grated carrot, baby spinach, or anything else. Consider this recipe as a starting point and lovingly make this recipe your own. Continue reading
Dips are always fun to make, especially if you have a food processor and can whip them up in seconds! Although sometimes a hot dip is good, such as this hot and creamy crab dip or even our tasty artichoke dip, cool and creamy dips are also good. Try our Greek yogurt avocado dip if you like cool, creamy dips for your chips or crudites.
When I made this particular recipe I enjoyed it with Doritos, but you could serve this with crackers, vegetable crudites, melba toast, baguette bread slices, corn chips, potato chips, or anything else you want to dip in there. I made this in literally 3 minutes and the flavor was amazing. I wasn’t planning to eat all of this Greek yogurt avocado dip but, uh, well you know how it is!
What You Need to Make Greek YogurtAavocado Dip
You will need some Greek yogurt, an avocado, some lime juice, and salt and black pepper to taste. If you want, you can swap the Greek yogurt for sour cream or use half and half. I’ve made it both ways, and both are good. Serve this as a Greek yogurt avocado dressing over salad if you want. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add a splash of milk (only a little bit because you don’t want it too thin). Some cilantro in the Greek yogurt avocado dip is also nice, or you could put a small pinch of garlic powder in there. Even some hot sauce for a special zing! Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
Using cauliflower instead of rice is a great idea if you are looking to cut calories, carbs, or you simply don’t want to have rice but you want something similar in texture. Try this egg fried cauli rice recipe and you will soon see what all the fuss is about!
Pop some cauliflower florets in the food processor, press the button, and a couple of seconds later you will have something resembling rice, which can be transformed into egg fried ‘rice’ or even something like our yummy Mexican cauli rice recipe (opens in new link) which is low in calories and tastes gorgeous.
Always a Great Meal
I made this egg fried cauli rice recipe for lunch today and found it quick and easy. This pan-fried cauliflower rice is delicious and you can add anything you like in there. I just used green onion, mushrooms, soy sauce, egg and a dash of sesame oil along with the cauli rice but you may add anything else in there.
Perhaps you have some leftover cooked chicken or shrimp to use up, in which case throw them in and warm them up for a couple of minutes. Did you open a can of corn kernels or peas yesterday? Add a spoonful of those into the cauli-rice mix if you want. Continue reading
Knowing how to make cauliflower rice is very handy whether you are looking for a low-carb substitute for rice, you are trying to cut down your calories, or you simply want to use up a cauliflower or sneak some added nutrients into your meal. Try this Mexican cauli rice dish for yourself and you’ll be amazed how good it is.
This Mexican cauliflower rice recipe is simple to prepare, and it is something you can tweak to your heart’s content. The first thing you need to do of course is transform your raw cauliflower into rice-sized pieces, and the easiest way to do this is to put it in the food processor with a blade attachment and whiz it for a few seconds.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
If you don’t have a food processor though, you can do it in the blender or else use a box grater to do it by hand. You can use the whole cauliflower apart from the leaves and the woody part right in the center. Don’t use thawed cauliflower for Mexican cauli rice because it is too mushy to separate into the rice-shaped bits. Continue reading
Steak is a popular protein on low carb diets because it is nutritious, filling and versatile. You can marinate it, use a spice rub or sauce, grill, barbecue or pan-fry it, or prepare it in another way. Plain steak and vegetables can become a bit boring and tedious though, which is why knowing how to make an easy low carb steak marinade recipe can breathe new life into your evening meal, adding tasty, spicy accents.
The following low carb steak marinade recipe is made with basil, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. You will need to let the steak soak in the marinade to soak up all the wonderful flavors. If you wish to tweak the recipe, swapping the balsamic vinegar for red wine vinegar, the onion powder for minced fresh onion or the red pepper flakes for a few drops of Tabasco sauce, that is fine.
Marinating Times for Low Carb Steak Marinade
We recommend about 4 hours as a good amount of marinating time, but overnight is also good. If you’re marinating a fine cut of steak such as strip steak or filet mignon, half an hour is sufficient, while tougher cuts like flank, brisket or skirt steak can be left in the mixture overnight.
Serve the finished steak with low carb side dishes such as creamed spinach or bacon-wrapped avocado unless you want to try a low carb potato dish, in which case Carisma potatoes might tempt your taste buds. This low carb steak marinade is sure to impress you. Continue reading
I’ve always been a fan of stuffed peppers, especially when beef, rice and cheese come together with seasonings to offer a rich and satisfying filling. But this time I wanted to make something without the rice and cheese, and I was curious how to flavor the beef sufficiently so that could be the main ingredient. That is how the idea for these curried beef stuffed peppers was born.
The following curried beef stuffed peppers recipe is made with spices and seasonings to add a light curry flavor to the beef filling, along with walnuts, raisins and other ingredients to add flavor accents. The overall effect is amazing and I am keen to make these curried beef stuffed peppers again soon.
I served the curried beef stuffed peppers with green beans on the side and actually they didn’t look much on the plate but, trust me, they are filling! The following recipe makes 2 servings and the amount of filling should be just enough to fill the peppers. Mine was perfect – neither too much nor too little, but of course it depends on the size of your peppers.
- Traditional British AppetizersTraditional British Appetizers from all Over the UK It’s true that the UK is home to so many delicious traditional British appetizers. Whether you fancy reproducing the tasty dishes from English, Ireland, Scotland or Wales, there are lots of different recipes you can play around with, to make the most mouthwatering dishes for your friends or family. From classic English prawn cocktail to Scottish seafood dishes, Irish onion rings with Guinness or Welsh rarebit, there are traditional british appetizers for all occasions. These starter recipes, as they are known in the UK, or appetizers as they are known in the US, offer something for .....
- Elegant Seafood Fettucine with Lemon and DillTry this seafood fettuccine with lemon and dill recipe if you are out to impress. This is the perfect go-to recipe for a dinner party because it pairs seafood with pasta and it looks like a true gourmet dish on the plate, although to be honest it is really easy to put together. As well as the fettuccine pasta you will need mixed seafood, and for your flavors you will be adding lemon, dill and a touch of Tabasco sauce – flavors which are amazing with seafood. For this seafood fettuccine with lemon and dill recipe, the pasta is cooked in one pan while the seafood mixture is cooked in another. You then have the choice of either combining .....
- Best Ceramic Butter DishesThere are many additions that you can add to your tableware which will enhance your dining experience, including ceramic butter dishes. A ceramic butter dish is a traditional way of storing your butter, which will ensure that it remains in excellent condition. Blue Bird Ceramic Butter Dish, on Amazon Butter is a perfect accompaniment to many different dishes so it is common to have it on the table while eating. This is why investing in ceramic butter dishes is a great idea so you can present the butter in something attractive rather than just in the package or on a saucer. Serving butter at the correct temperature is an art form, and you may .....
- Chicken Fajitas RecipeHere in this excellent chicken fajitas recipe, we are pairing spiced chicken with delicious veggies, soft tortillas and whichever condiments you want to add. It makes a lovely dinner for any occasion. Although a lot of people assume fajitas are Mexican they are actually Tex-Mex. The word ‘fajita’ refers to barbequed meat which is served on a tortilla. Onions and bell peppers usually feature in these recipes, along with lettuce, sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo, tomato, and/or guacamole. Skirt steak is the original meat used to make a chicken fajitas recipe, and this tough cut of beef which is amazing when slow cooked has soared .....
- Folding Bikes ReviewA folding bike will fold into a compact form when not being used, which makes both storage and transportation easier. Fold the bike after using it and it can be carried into your apartment easily or stored in your car. You can also transport a folding bicycle on a plane or boat. Find out which one is the best for you by reading a folding bikes review and prepare to enjoy your new ride. The folding mechanisms for such bikes vary and each kind of mechanism differs, so it pays to examine the different kinds available and consider such things as how many parts the bike comes in, the folding ease and speed, how compact the bike is, how much it .....
- Tasty Chinese SeasoningsLearning how to season your Chinese recipes is essential if you want them to be successful. Chinese seasonings can liven up plain dishes. The seasonings used in Chinese recipes create the special flavors which differentiate the regional styles. Sesame oil, oyster sauce, chicken broth and soy sauce are the most commonly used seasonings in Chinese cuisine. These Chinese seasonings can be added before, during or after cooking, depending on the recipe. If you are serving a dish with rice, the seasoning should be heavier than if you were serving it alone. Savory dipping sauces are often served with Chinese recipes, and the most popular Chinese .....
- Easy Tofu PhoPho is a delicious Vietnamese noodle soup made with rice noodles, broth, meat, seafood or a vegetarian alternative, and herbs. Beef and chicken are the most popular flavors but you can make a great vegetarian pho with tofu. This easy tofu pho is just gorgeous and you’ll love the flavors. This is a well-loved street food in Vietnam, and the Southern Vietnamese enjoy it for breakfast or lunch, while those in the north of the country have it at any time of the day or evening. History of Pho Soup This dish dates back to the early 1900s and refugees introduced it to the rest of the world after the Vietnam War. There is no proof of the .....
- History of WontonsEveryone loves wontons! So what is the history of wontons and how did they come about, get so popular and make their way all over the globe into all of our hearts? Well, wontons originated in North China. They used to be sealed stuffed buns and were named ‘huidun’ which means chaos. The name was later changed to ‘wonton’ to suit the Chinese writing characters. Today the word wonton is understood all over the globe, and new varieties and flavors are coming out all the time. Flour wonton wrappers are stuffed, and then boiled, steamed or fried. They are very similar to Chinese dumplings, although wontons are made with .....
- Wonderful Winter Dessert IdeasWinter is a wonderful time to try out some of the more rich dessert options available. In the warmer months, you won’t want to spend much time in the kitchen and baking is definitely out of the question. Standing near an oven in the winter, though, might even be welcome and settling down with a nice piece of cheesecake is always a treat. That’s why it pays to know some good winter dessert ideas. Cheesecake is a great recipe to try out in the winter. The colder temperature lends to the setting process and leaving the cheesecake in the oven for an hour or so won’t be a problem. Cheesecake can come in many flavors, which is helpful when .....
- Cauli Rice with Orange, Lime and CilantroCauliflower rice, or cauli rice as it is affectionately known, is a wonderful substitute for rice, offering a mere fraction of the calories and carbs or rice, yet offering a very similar texture and a neutral flavor. You can do so much with it and there are plenty of cauliflower rice recipes to choose from. This cauli rice with orange, lime and cilantro recipe is easy to prepare and it’s yummy! I like to use a medium or strong-flavored sauce to disguise the cauliflower flavor – not that cauliflower has much of a taste at all, but just to make it as rice-like as possible. Try Chinese rice with cauliflower instead of rice, or .....