Prime rib is often called the king of beef cuts, and if you like your beef juicy, tender and delicious, you might like to learn more about how to cook prime rib yourself at home. Also known as a standing rib roast, prime rib is marbled with fat to keep it succulent, and it is very easy to cook too.
You just need to start it in the oven on a high temperature to brown it nicely, then turn the oven down so it can finish cooking without the meat drying out. The center of your prime rib roast should be pink or red while the thinner tail-ends will be brown and more done. This is good because people get to choose if they want their meat medium-rare, medium or well-done because you end up with all three.
How Many Does Prime Rib Feed?
A full rack of prime beef gives you 7 ribs and this is enough for about 15 people. A lot of people like to cut a roast in half to cook separately or in 2 ovens, and that’s because a full rack is huge and might not fit in the oven unless you happen to have a big oven. The following recipe says 5 ribs but go ahead and choose the size that is best for your needs. Learning how to cook prime rib also involves planning how much you’re going to need.
Although some people plan one rib feeding 2 people, that is a lot of meat, and 1 rib per 3 might be closer unless you are feeding a very hungry crowd of people with big appetites. Don’t confuse the term ‘prime rib’ with the USDA term of ‘Prime’ because most ‘prime ribs’ are Choice quality not Prime quality. You can get prime rib in Prime quality (it’s more marbled and costs about half as much again) but your butcher might have to order it specially for you. This is all part of knowing how to cook prime rib.
The following crockpot recipes for weight loss are perfect for making in a slow cooker. One of the benefits to using a crockpot is you can tip the ingredients in there in the morning, then go to work or out for the day. When you get home your meal will be ready! This mean you don’t have to stand over the stove, nibbling on snacks you shouldn’t be having, but you can eat your healthy meal right away.
A crockpot, also known as a slow cooker, is an electrical appliance used to gently simmer food. The temperature is kept low so your food slowly cooks over a period of hours. A basic model should have a low and a high setting while others might have a warm setting or even ‘keep warm’ which means once your dish has finished cooking it will keep warm. This is why preparing crockpot recipes for weight loss is so easy.
Which Crockpot Recipes for Weight Loss to Make in There
Crockpot recipes for weight loss come in all shapes and sizes including mini ones which you might use to cook a chicken breast for one person or a small amount of hot dip, right up to huge ones to make a batch of soup for freezing in portions or a meal for 8 people.
You can choose from round ones or oval ones which are good for cooking, say, a whole chicken, and you can choose from different brands and price tags depending on the features you want your crockpot to have.
Some More Hot Content For You
Coffee might sound like a strange ingredient to combine with beef, but it does lend this crockpot coffee braised beef dish a very rich and tasty flavor which complements the meaty beef taste. This recipe can be made in the crockpot and you don’t need many ingredients for it.
To make this crockpot coffee braised beef you will need a boneless beef chuck roast weighing about 3 pounds, or slightly over, along with coffee and garlic. Throw in some water, cornstarch, salt and pepper, and those are the only ingredients you need.
Just add your crockpot coffee braised beef ingredients to the crockpot then you can use the cooking liquid to make a tasty gravy which goes over it. I love this with mashed potatoes and vegetables, perhaps carrots and parsnips, or something green like green beans or broccoli (if I were a fan of peas I might choose those). It would also be nice with roasted potatoes.
This is a great pesto spaghetti recipe to make if you are in the mood for Italian but also looking for something you can just throw together and have on the table half an hour after you thought of making it!
Spaghetti and meatballs is a typical Italian dish which combines pasta and meat in a simple way, and although a tomato sauce is often served with such a dish, pesto spaghetti is also nice and it is what we are using here, although you can switch one for the other if you like.
We are making baked meatballs and you can prepare the pesto spaghetti while the meatballs are baking, then have everything together at once. Make sure you have some extra fresh basil sprigs for an attractive garnish and consider what you want to serve on the side, or whether you want to omit a side dish and instead serve a tasty side dish such as this delicious Italian bruschetta recipe.
Pesto Spaghetti & Meatballs: Which Meat to Use
Here in Holland you can’t get ground pork for whatever reason (don’t ask me, I only live here!) so we use half and half (which is half beef and half pork) and that seems to work just fine, but you can use beef or pork if you prefer, or even ground turkey if that is what you like.
This Indian ground beef recipe is just amazing and I have made it 5 or 6 times. Despite beef not being the most popular meat in India (the Holy Cow and all that) it works beautifully with this recipe and these seasonings, so if you are into beef and you want to make something Indian, consider this recipe.
The ingredients in this Indian ground beef dish work amazingly together and the finished dish is just heaven on a plate.
You will cook the beef and onion, then add chickpeas, curry powder and stock. This mixture is served spooned over naan bread with a fresh tomato and cilantro salad.
If you are looking for brand new lunch ideas, this beef and avocado wrap is certainly deserving of your consideration. Teaming juicy roast beef with fresh avocado and a homemade horseradish dressing, this is just so good.
I had some deli beef and a tortilla in the refrigerator and decided to make a horseradish dressing rather than just spooning in some of the horseradish sauce. I also had half an avocado left over from some tortilla pizzas I made last night, so threw that in there too. The resulting beef and avocado wrap sandwich was amazing and I immediately went out and made another!
Variations and Tweaks for a Beef and Avocado Wrap
You can tweak this beef and avocado wrap recipe as much as you wish. Your basic ingredients are the tortilla and the beef. You can then figure out what ingredients you have to use and really make this beef wrap your own.
- How to Enjoy ChampagneAlthough there are lots of types of sparkling white wine to choose from (cava, prosecco etc) it is fair to say nothing is the same as champagne. This sparkling white wine is made from chardonnay grapes in the Champagne region in France and is produced in a specific way. It is worth knowing how to enjoy champagne since its fullest so you can treasure every sip of this exquisite drink. The rules of champagne making demand secondary fermentation of the champagne wine in the bottle to create the carbonation. The main grapes used to make it are white chardonnay, pinot meunier and black pinot noir, although these vary. A ‘blanc de .....
- Seafood Stuffed SquidThis classic recipe for seafood stuffed squid combines shrimp, fish and squid to make a seafood-rich meal. You will need large squid for this. Each one is stuffed with shrimp, and fish and then you make a sauce using tomato, paprika, bread, wine and onion which goes over the squid. The sauce flavors the squid, adds moisture to the dish and also looks good on the plate when you serve the seafood stuffed squid. Cut the squid into slices to serve for the best-looking result. The filling for this seafood stuffed squid should match the amount of squid but if you have any leftover squid including the tentacles, you can cut it into rings and .....
- Best Traditional Pad Thai RecipeI never get tired of this wonderful dish – it really is the best traditional Pad Thai recipe. The rice noodles, shrimp, tamarind, nuts, lime juice and other ingredients work together in perfect harmony and the flavor is simply wonderful. The full name of pad thai (sometimes spelt pat thai) is kway teow pad thai, which means stir-fried rice noodles in a Thai style, and it is thought to be a southern Chinese dish which was introduced to Thailand in the mid-20th century. Pad Thai Noodles It is important to cook the noodles perfectly in order to make the very best traditional Pad Thai recipe. You will need ‘rice sticks’ which .....
- Chilled Cherry Soup RecipeThe following chilled cherry soup recipe features lemon and cinnamon to highlight the wonderful cherry flavor and lend a gourmet touch to this soup, while the flour thickens it up a bit and the sour cream adds a nice tang. A Starter or a Dessert This chilled cherry soup recipe would be excellent served as a starter recipe or for dessert, whichever you like. It is light enough not to fill people too much before their main course, which is always something you want from starters. What is the point of filling people up so much they don’t want their main course! You won’t have that problem here. The chilled cherry soup recipe is .....
- Easy Spaghetti CarbonaraThis is a classic Italian dish made with spaghetti, bacon and eggs. There are different variations – some people add cream or cream cheese, some will add parsley or another herb, and others will use whole wheat spaghetti over white spaghetti. However you prefer it, an easy spaghetti carbonara recipe is well worth adding to your culinary repertoire. The following recipe is really simple, even if you are a newbie in the kitchen, and the flavor is amazing. This is good served with mixed salad leaves dressed with vinaigrette. Learning how to make spaghetti carbonara is a great idea if you want to serve something impressive but only have 2 .....
- Sunny Pumpkin Rice SoupPumpkin rice soup is always good, especially when you stumble upon a brand new recipe for it and discover how to give the soup a different edge. This recipe makes use of ginger, chili and rice, to give it not only an aromatic and spicy flavor, but the heartiness of rice. The recipe calls for brown rice but feel free to use white rice, basmati perhaps. How to Serve Pumpkin Rice Soup Serve this pumpkin rice soup for lunch or dinner, or serve small portions as an appetizer if your main dish does not include rice. You will find this soup very simple to make. Choose how thick you want it. If it is looking too thick at any time you can add more .....
- Review of Every Yankee Candle Tart ScentI love Yankee Candle Tart Wax Melts and can’t seem to stop buying them! Since I have tried pretty much every scent, I thought I would share my Yankee Candle Tart scent reviews with you, to inspire you to try new scents and discover a new favorite perhaps. I have an electronic tart burner as well as a tea-light one, and my husband and I both like trying new fragrances in our home. The first time I ever tried using wax tart melts was when I found a bargain set in one of the local shops here in Holland including a tea-light burner and a few small melts. They were unbranded and didn’t smell that appealing but I liked the concept and .....
- The Evolution of Starter RecipesIt’s interesting to learn about the evolution of starter recipes. Starters, or appetizers as they are also known, are served in most cuisines and cultures. These snacks were served in ancient Persia thousands of years ago and ancient Roman aristocracy used to enjoy eggs, fruit and similar treats before eating their main course. Appetizers have been served for many years in the UK as a snack before the main course arrived but modern ones can be quite different from old fashioned ones. Of course, you can still serve traditional recipes but it is also fun to experiment with the wide range of ingredients that are available today but that .....
- Cheese Wontons with Homemade Hot SauceThis easy appetizer recipe combines cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce. You could use store-bought hot sauce but where’s the fun in that? Now cheese is certainly not a Chinese staple, which is why it is never seen on the menu in authentic Chinese food restaurants, but wonton skins go so well with cheese that not including a few cheese wontons recipes would be sinful! Yes these cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce do include dairy, which isn’t found in much Chinese cuisine or Asian cuisine in general, but try it and see. It works nicely. Which Cheese to Use This cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce recipe calls for Monterey Jack .....
- 7 Great Cheeseburger TipsSometimes nothing can beat the comfort food appeal of a juicy, freshly cooked hamburger. If you make cheeseburgers at home, you might be interested in learning a few handy cheeseburger tips to ensure your burgers always come out perfectly. One of the most important parts of your cheeseburger is the meat you use for the patty. For the best results, you should choose 80/20 ground meat. That means it is 80% lean and 20% fat. If you use lean, or worse still extra-lean, meat, you will end up with a dry burger, and that is never attractive. Fat isn’t the enemy. Serve your burger with some salad or a vegetable side dish to balance out the .....