One of my favorite Japanese dishes has to be sukiyaki. This is similar to shabu-shabu, and is a hot pot style dish with thinly sliced beef and vegetables in a sweet, tangy sauce. You can also get vegetarian sukiyaki recipes. This versatile and easy sukiyaki recipe is perfect for cool winter evenings, and you can present or even cook it in a pot in the middle of the dinner table. The ingredients are usually dipped into raw, beaten eggs before being eaten, although this is not so prevalent outside Japan. An easy sukiyaki recipe is usually a winter dish in Japan, often served at year-end parties.
Thinly sliced beef is usually the meat that goes in there, although pork is more popular in some regions of Japan. Tofu, green onions, mushrooms, shirataki or jelly noodles, and Chinese cabbage are popular additions to a traditional sukiyaki recipe.
Different Kinds of Easy Sukiyaki Recipe
There are 2 main styles of sukiyaki – the Eastern Japanese style known as Kanto and the Western Japanese style known as Kansai. In the Kanto style, sake, soy sauce, mirin, sugar and dashi are heated in a pot then the meat goes in, then the other veggies. In the Kansai style, the meat goes in first, then the sauce, and then everything else. Continue reading
Prime rib is often called the king of beef cuts, and if you like your beef juicy, tender and delicious, you might like to learn more about how to cook prime rib yourself at home. Also known as a standing rib roast, prime rib is marbled with fat to keep it succulent, and it is very easy to cook too.
You just need to start it in the oven on a high temperature to brown it nicely, then turn the oven down so it can finish cooking without the meat drying out. The center of your prime rib roast should be pink or red while the thinner tail-ends will be brown and more done. This is good because people get to choose if they want their meat medium-rare, medium or well-done because you end up with all three.
How Many Does Prime Rib Feed?
A full rack of prime beef gives you 7 ribs and this is enough for about 15 people. A lot of people like to cut a roast in half to cook separately or in 2 ovens, and that’s because a full rack is huge and might not fit in the oven unless you happen to have a big oven. The following recipe says 5 ribs but go ahead and choose the size that is best for your needs. Learning how to cook prime rib also involves planning how much you’re going to need.
Although some people plan one rib feeding 2 people, that is a lot of meat, and 1 rib per 3 might be closer unless you are feeding a very hungry crowd of people with big appetites. Don’t confuse the term ‘prime rib’ with the USDA term of ‘Prime’ because most ‘prime ribs’ are Choice quality not Prime quality. You can get prime rib in Prime quality (it’s more marbled and costs about half as much again) but your butcher might have to order it specially for you. This is all part of knowing how to cook prime rib.
Some More Hot Content For You
The following crockpot recipes for weight loss are perfect for making in a slow cooker. One of the benefits to using a crockpot is you can tip the ingredients in there in the morning, then go to work or out for the day. When you get home your meal will be ready! This mean you don’t have to stand over the stove, nibbling on snacks you shouldn’t be having, but you can eat your healthy meal right away.
A crockpot, also known as a slow cooker, is an electrical appliance used to gently simmer food. The temperature is kept low so your food slowly cooks over a period of hours. A basic model should have a low and a high setting while others might have a warm setting or even ‘keep warm’ which means once your dish has finished cooking it will keep warm. This is why preparing crockpot recipes for weight loss is so easy.
Which Crockpot Recipes for Weight Loss to Make in There
Crockpot recipes for weight loss come in all shapes and sizes including mini ones which you might use to cook a chicken breast for one person or a small amount of hot dip, right up to huge ones to make a batch of soup for freezing in portions or a meal for 8 people.
You can choose from round ones or oval ones which are good for cooking, say, a whole chicken, and you can choose from different brands and price tags depending on the features you want your crockpot to have.
Coffee might sound like a strange ingredient to combine with beef, but it does lend this crockpot coffee braised beef dish a very rich and tasty flavor which complements the meaty beef taste. This recipe can be made in the crockpot and you don’t need many ingredients for it.
To make this crockpot coffee braised beef you will need a boneless beef chuck roast weighing about 3 pounds, or slightly over, along with coffee and garlic. Throw in some water, cornstarch, salt and pepper, and those are the only ingredients you need.
Just add your crockpot coffee braised beef ingredients to the crockpot then you can use the cooking liquid to make a tasty gravy which goes over it. I love this with mashed potatoes and vegetables, perhaps carrots and parsnips, or something green like green beans or broccoli (if I were a fan of peas I might choose those). It would also be nice with roasted potatoes.
This is a great pesto spaghetti recipe to make if you are in the mood for Italian but also looking for something you can just throw together and have on the table half an hour after you thought of making it!
Spaghetti and meatballs is a typical Italian dish which combines pasta and meat in a simple way, and although a tomato sauce is often served with such a dish, pesto spaghetti is also nice and it is what we are using here, although you can switch one for the other if you like.
We are making baked meatballs and you can prepare the pesto spaghetti while the meatballs are baking, then have everything together at once. Make sure you have some extra fresh basil sprigs for an attractive garnish and consider what you want to serve on the side, or whether you want to omit a side dish and instead serve a tasty side dish such as this delicious Italian bruschetta recipe.
Pesto Spaghetti & Meatballs: Which Meat to Use
Here in Holland you can’t get ground pork for whatever reason (don’t ask me, I only live here!) so we use half and half (which is half beef and half pork) and that seems to work just fine, but you can use beef or pork if you prefer, or even ground turkey if that is what you like.
This Indian ground beef recipe is just amazing and I have made it 5 or 6 times. Despite beef not being the most popular meat in India (the Holy Cow and all that) it works beautifully with this recipe and these seasonings, so if you are into beef and you want to make something Indian, consider this recipe.
The ingredients in this Indian ground beef dish work amazingly together and the finished dish is just heaven on a plate.
You will cook the beef and onion, then add chickpeas, curry powder and stock. This mixture is served spooned over naan bread with a fresh tomato and cilantro salad.
- Mexican Cauli RiceKnowing how to make cauliflower rice is very handy whether you are looking for a low-carb substitute for rice, you are trying to cut down your calories, or you simply want to use up a cauliflower or sneak some added nutrients into your meal. Try this Mexican cauli rice dish for yourself and you’ll be amazed how good it is. This Mexican cauliflower rice recipe is simple to prepare, and it is something you can tweak to your heart’s content. The first thing you need to do of course is transform your raw cauliflower into rice-sized pieces, and the easiest way to do this is to put it in the food processor with a blade attachment and .....
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ BeefI often make this dish because it is so simple, and all you need to make it are 2 ingredients – beef and BBQ sauce. Any tough cut of beef which needs to be braised or slow cooked will work, so opt for braising or stewing steak, or something like skirt or flank. You will also need a crockpot and it is up to you whether you want to cook this 2 ingredient crockpot BBQ beef recipe on high, medium or low. How Long Should 2 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Beef Cook? Use high and the beef will be done in about 5 hours. Double that for low, and guess somewhere in between the 2 for medium. Of course, the exact time depends on your crockpot and the meat .....
- Traditional English Ploughman’s LunchA ploughman’s lunch is a wonderful treat, best enjoyed in the beer garden of an old country pub, with a cold pint of cider or real ale. You can order a traditional English ploughman’s lunch in many English pubs, and you’ll never be disappointed. Dating back to the 1930s, a traditional English ploughman’s lunch is comprised of crusty bread and butter, English cheese, pickled onions, pickles and chutney, and it might also include ham, apple, radishes, hard-boiled eggs or Scotch eggs, celery, cherry tomatoes, and other cold ingredients. Now you know why a traditional English ploughman’s lunch is so good. Farm .....
- Chinese Recipes with PorkChinese roast pork, roast belly of pork, BBQ spare ribs, pork meatballs, sweet and sour pork… these are just some of the famous Chinese recipes with pork we know and love in the West. Once you grind or mince the pork, you can use it to make a pork wontons recipe, but pork is often chopped or shredded or even served whole in other classic Chinese dishes. Because pork is so common in China, the Chinese word for pork (‘yuk’ in Cantonese or ‘rou’ in Mandarin) is meat. Different recipes require different cuts of pork, depending on the cooking method and other ingredients in the dish. Chinese Recipes with Pork: Red-Cooked .....
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....
- Best Indian Omelet RecipeThis omelet makes a great side dish for a curry if you don’t want to serve rice or naan bread or if you are looking for low carb side dish ideas. You can also eat it by itself as a meal or snack. This is the best Indian omelet recipe to choose if you are looking to spice things up a little and enjoy a brand new flavor. What is in the Best Indian Omelet Recipe Along with the eggs which are of course the main ingredient in any omelet, we are using spinach, shallots, cilantro, turmeric and chili. You can omit the spinach if you want, or replace it with sliced mushrooms. You can also swap the shallots for a small yellow onion or omit the .....
- Easy Pasta Salad with Parmesan CheesePasta salad is always a winning dish. It is cheap to make, you can use leftover cooked pasta or cook some in about 10 minutes, and there are all kinds of flavors you can add to this easy pasta salad with parmesan cheese. In this recipe we are keeping with the Italian theme (although you might like to look at our Indian pasta salad for a wonderful fusion idea!) by incorporating parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Dressing Tweaks Although the tangy red wine vinegar dressing is good, sometimes I prefer to just use mayo for a super-simple dressing which boasts a lovely creaminess everyone is going to love. You can add other flavors to the .....
- Devils on Horseback RecipeThis is a quick and easy recipe if you only have a few minutes or if you find you have more guests than you thought! Have you made a devils on horseback recipe before? You will find it’s easy! As long as you have the livers, you will almost definitely have the other ingredients to hand too because you only need bread, spices and some bacon. This is a great recipe to use as a starter and everyone who likes meat will enjoy it. Devils on Horseback Recipe: A Special Snack Devils on horseback might conjure up a strange image until you realize this is the name given to bacon-wrapped sausages or another kind of bacon-wrapped meat mixture. .....
- Beef and Avocado Wrap with Horseradish DressingIf you are looking for brand new lunch ideas, this beef and avocado wrap is certainly deserving of your consideration. Teaming juicy roast beef with fresh avocado and a homemade horseradish dressing, this is just so good. I had some deli beef and a tortilla in the refrigerator and decided to make a horseradish dressing rather than just spooning in some of the horseradish sauce. I also had half an avocado left over from some tortilla pizzas I made last night, so threw that in there too. The resulting beef and avocado wrap sandwich was amazing and I immediately went out and made another! Variations and Tweaks for a Beef and Avocado Wrap You .....
- Moroccan Appetizer RecipesExperimenting with food and flavors is part of the fun when discovering new recipes and Moroccan food is often considered to be exotic and exciting. Why not experiment with Moroccan appetizer recipes and discover a brand new flavor sensation? Authentic Moroccan cuisine is straightforward, yet full of distinctive flavors and aromas. There is no other cuisine quite like it. You might never have considered cooking Moroccan food before but there is a huge array of different Moroccan appetizer recipes to choose from and no matter which ingredients you like to use, or what taste you want to aim for, there is sure to be a perfect recipe for you to .....