Yesterday I decided to get a Thai massage. I suffer from a stiff neck and shoulders. For some reason, I hold all my tension in there! I love a good hot oil massage but the Thai massage is, well slightly different. More ‘painful’ but today I can move really freely and feel great! The woman was literally walking up my legs and back, digging her knees and elbows into me and making me yelp! However, ‘no pain no gain’ as they say, and today I can honestly say I feel great after it. And yes, all that gave me the inspiration to make this authentic Thai chicken soup recipe.
Thai Food Inspiration
While I was having this massage, I was listening to Thai music, gazing around the room at Buddha statues, candles and Thai pictures, and afterwards sipping a Thai tea. So I guess I got a craving for Thai food! For this reason I decided to make tom kha gai, or Thai chicken soup, for lunch once I got home. I had most of the ingredients already, I just needed to grab some chicken and cilantro.
I found this authentic Thai chicke soup recipe quick and easy to put together and the flavor was wonderful. Making the chicken broth before sieving the ‘bits’ out and using it to make the actual soup is recommended. Just begin with all the ingredients laid out, plus one pot, one sieve and a serving bowl and spoon, and you will find this an absolute breeze to prepare.
I never get tired of this wonderful dish – it really is the best traditional Pad Thai recipe. The rice noodles, shrimp, tamarind, nuts, lime juice and other ingredients work together in perfect harmony and the flavor is simply wonderful.
The full name of pad thai (sometimes spelt pat thai) is kway teow pad thai, which means stir-fried rice noodles in a Thai style, and it is thought to be a southern Chinese dish which was introduced to Thailand in the mid-20th century.
Pad Thai Noodles
It is important to cook the noodles perfectly in order to make the very best traditional Pad Thai recipe. You will need ‘rice sticks’ which are dried flat noodles. Some people soak them while others boil them. I’ve tried both ways and both work fine. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
This easy chicken and peach salad takes mere minutes to put together and it’s a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. I’ve made it with chicken breast but you could use other cooked chicken pieces or some deli chicken slices. You could even use rotisserie chicken to make this (perhaps, still warm – yum!)
This easy chicken and peach salad is made on a bed of iceberg lettuce, but of course you can switch the iceberg for any variety. Baby salad leaves would be good or chopped romaine. I like to add some lamb’s lettuce or a contrasting variety as well. Then you have the chicken on top, plus some peach for juicy sweetness, and then some crispy, crunchy croutons for a contrasting savory flavor and different texture.
Easy Chicken and Peach Salad Dressing
The easy chicken and peach salad dressing is an interpretation on Marie Rose sauce or thousand island dressing. The whisky in our easy chicken and peach salad dressing is optional (but throw some in if you have it) or you can use brandy. Actually this sauce is normally served with seafood recipes such as prawn cocktail but it goes just as well with chicken thanks to the chicken’s neutral, simple taste. Continue reading
Chicken is a popular ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine, and this Spanish inspired recipe makes the most of chicken thighs, a naturally juicy, flavor-packed part of the bird. Chicken thighs tend to be more economical than chicken breasts, and they also offer more juiciness and a richer flavor, so you have a win-win situation if you choose to buy them and use them in this Spanish paprika chicken recipe. Look out for discounted ones because they freeze beautifully.
What to Use in Spanish Paprika Chicken
We are adding onion and garlic to our Spanish paprika chicken, along with red wine vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, paprika, chicken stock and sherry, plus potatoes (or, if you prefer, use half potatoes and half carrots).
You can tweak the ingredients for Spanish paprika chicken if you wish, if you don’t have something or want to throw something else in there. The chicken stock can be switched for mushroom or vegetable stock. You can also throw in some button mushrooms or bell pepper strips which need to be used up. Any of those would be fine. Continue reading
This wonderful recipe for tandoori chicken in the oven is made with chicken pieces. You can use drumsticks, breast halves, leg quarters or chicken thighs, either bone-in or boneless to make tandoori chicken in the oven. The marinade is made with yogurt (use whole or nonfat, as you prefer) along with lemon juice, garlic, chili paste and a variety of aromatic spices, Leave the chicken pieces in the marinade overnight for the best results.
Once the chicken is marinated and you are ready to cook it, get the oven nice and hot, then arrange the chicken on a rack over a roasting pan so all the parts of the chicken are exposed to the heat and so any marinade can drip off and on to the roasting pan underneath.
Tandoori Chicken in the Oven Side Dishes
Our tandoori chicken in the oven recipe goes very nicely with homemade raita (stir some grated cucumber and fresh mint into yogurt), your favorite green salad or green vegetable, and perhaps also some delicious white rice or naan bread. Consider garnishing the finished tandoori chicken in the oven recipe with some slices of raw onion and lemon wedges, or else a sprig of cilantro or parsley instead.
This is a simple recipe to prepare, and as long as you plan ahead, to allow yourself sufficient marinating time, you should really enjoy the results of this tandoori chicken in the oven recipe.
This is such a great recipe for the fall (or maybe you call it autumn, depending where you’re from) and the juicy chicken, sweet pumpkin, comforting rice, and other tasty flavors in here combine beautifully to make this gorgeous chicken pumpkin risotto.
To make a flavor-packed risotto, stick to delicate, fragrant flavors, and you will experience this timeless Italian dish the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
That Wonderful Risotto Texture
To get the texture of the chicken pumpkin risotto just right, use risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli perhaps) and keep adding the liquid in small amounts, letting the rice absorb the liquid before adding more. The rice is done when it is al dente, which means it still has a little bite to it. You might not need to use all the hot stock.
We are going to be cooking the pumpkin and chicken first, then sauteeing the onion and garlic in olive oil. Next the rice goes into the mixture, and you can add the wine, then the chicken stock bit by bit, letting the rice soak up the liquid.
Finally the chicken and pumpkin go back into the chicken pumpkin risotto and you can stir in the parmesan. Use freshly grated parmesan, not that cheap powdery stuff (which isn’t actually parmesan at all).
- 12 Simple Indian Recipes for BeginnersIndian is one of my favorite cuisines and I just love the food. I have traveled around India and tasted the dishes how they are supposed to be made, because westernized Indian food really isn’t the same at all. I like to make simple Indian recipes for beginners because I just love the flavors but don’t have all day to cook. Indian food features all kinds of proteins from pork to chicken, fish, seafood, lamb and eggs, although beef isn’t used much in India, not at all in most places, because the cow is seen as holy in India. Indian curries are cooked over an open flame traditionally, and include plenty of aromatic spices as well as .....
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup RecipeThis delicious cream of cauliflower soup recipe is thick and creamy. If you want to make the best cream of cauliflower soup recipe, this is a very nice recipe to choose. Each serving offers 150 calories, 12g carbs, 4g protein and 10g fat. This makes a very nice lunch or appetizer. I often make curried soups but occasionally I like to make something creamy, and cauliflower is really good. Mashed cauliflower (like mashed potatoes but with cauliflower) is also very good, and I like to add cauliflower to curries. Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe: So Simple and Good What makes this cream of cauliflower soup recipe special is the simplicity of it. .....
- Cream Cheese Wonton RecipesCream cheese wontons recipes are so easy to make. All you need apart from the oil for frying are some wonton skins and cream cheese. I usually use Philadelphia cream cheese but you can use any kind you like. You could even use one of the flavored kinds, like herb cream cheese or tomato and basil cream cheese for your cream cheese wontons recipes, but the plain kind works just fine too. You can fold the wontons up however you want when making cream cheese wonton recipes, perhaps pulling two of the pointed tips towards each other, then the other two. Alternatively you could scrunch the tops to make a “moneybag” shape or simply fold .....
- Create Your Own Wonton FillingsAfter making a number of steamed wonton recipes, there will come a time when you wish to create your own wonton fillings. Although you can use pretty much any kind of meat, poultry or fish in your wonton filling, it is important to grind or chop it as finely as you can. You need your ingredients to be very small for wonton fillings, so you can mix everything together better. Anything which is not cut into small enough pieces means you risk the wonton wrapper coming apart while they’re being cooked and then the filling will leak out which obviously you don’t want to happen. Create Your Own Wonton Fillings: What to Use Throw some .....
- Make Popcorn without OilPopcorn is a delicious snack but how do you make it without using oil? Actually there are various ways to make popcorn without oil, so forget the fattening microwave kind which is laden with salt and grease, and grab some plain unpopped kernels instead. They are surprisingly cheap, which is another bonus. An ounce of those contains just 1 gram of fat. You can pop these kernels yourself without needing any fat. What You Will Need to Make Popcorn without Oil Grab yourself 1/3 cup of plain kernels, a medium to large pot with a tight-fitting lid, some oven mitts or an oven glove, and some salt or another flavor to add to your finished dish. You .....
- Very Easy Starter RecipesThere are easy starter recipes, or appetizers, for every season and occasion – something for every palate and every diet. So what are you going to make for your starter recipe? You might already be considering meat, fish, international appetizers or something else, or you might just be looking for some ideas and inspiration. There are lots of different easy starter recipes which are suitable for everyone from beginner cooks right up to seasoned chefs. If you want some tips on making the best easy starter recipes for any event, have a look at our articles or if you already have some idea of what you want to make you can browse our .....
- Best Sci-Fi Movies of 2014Now that 2014 is well over half a year behind us, all the best sci-fi movies of 2014 are available on DVD, so rather than going to the cinema, why not curl up with some popcorn and a DVD this evening? I love this genre and managed to see plenty of movies last year. My husband doesn’t mind the genre but it’s me who is the real fan, so I’m going to share with you my top sci-fi movie recommendations!.....
- The Best Creative Wonton IdeasSo you have made beef wontons, cheese wontons, seafood wontons, dessert wontons, several types of wonton soup and dumplings. Now what? There are plenty more ideas for wontons that you can consider. How about a filling of minced caramelized walnuts with toasted sesame seeds, or jelly and peanut butter? Those would be quirky yet delicious creative wonton ideas which would work beautifully. Fresh cottage cheese with smoked paprika would work, as would an Indian style wonton made with potatoes, peas, biryani spices, ginger and cumin. Dip these spicy wontons in a cool yogurt sauce. Chinese sausage meat could work, or make buffalo chicken purses .....
- Roasted Rainbow CarrotsWhen I first spotted rainbow carrots at the market, I was intrigued. What would they taste like? Would the different colors have different flavors? I just had to buy them and find out for myself, and honestly I was really pleased with the result of my roasted rainbow carrots recipe! Of course there are different ways to cook carrots, perhaps the worst way being roughly chopping them and boiling them to mush. I recommend roasting the carrots for the very best results. They will take a while to become tender because they are quite dense. But allow sufficient time and your result will be a wonderful side dish which is as healthy as it is tasty. .....
- Easy Hummus Recipe with Peanut ButterUsing peanut butter instead of tahini is a great idea if you want a great-tasting and easy hummus recipe which boasts plenty of nutrition from the peanut butter. Our easy hummus recipe with peanut butter will appeal to everyone, old or young, because it is creamy and flavorful. This hummus recipe without tahini is very simple to make and you can serve it as a dip, perhaps with celery or pita bread, or use it as a spread in sandwiches, pairing it with chicken and cucumber or salad leaves and sliced boiled egg. How to Make Hummus Without Tahini You will need a food processor or blender to combine the ingredients for this hummus, then you can .....