Yesterday I decided to get a Thai massage. I suffer from a stiff neck and shoulders. For some reason, I hold all my tension in there! I love a good hot oil massage but the Thai massage is, well slightly different. More ‘painful’ but today I can move really freely and feel great! The woman was literally walking up my legs and back, digging her knees and elbows into me and making me yelp! However, ‘no pain no gain’ as they say, and today I can honestly say I feel great after it. And yes, all that gave me the inspiration to make this authentic Thai chicken soup recipe.
Thai Food Inspiration
While I was having this massage, I was listening to Thai music, gazing around the room at Buddha statues, candles and Thai pictures, and afterwards sipping a Thai tea. So I guess I got a craving for Thai food! For this reason I decided to make tom kha gai, or Thai chicken soup, for lunch once I got home. I had most of the ingredients already, I just needed to grab some chicken and cilantro.
I found this authentic Thai chicke soup recipe quick and easy to put together and the flavor was wonderful. Making the chicken broth before sieving the ‘bits’ out and using it to make the actual soup is recommended. Just begin with all the ingredients laid out, plus one pot, one sieve and a serving bowl and spoon, and you will find this an absolute breeze to prepare.
I never get tired of this wonderful dish – it really is the best traditional Pad Thai recipe. The rice noodles, shrimp, tamarind, nuts, lime juice and other ingredients work together in perfect harmony and the flavor is simply wonderful.
The full name of pad thai (sometimes spelt pat thai) is kway teow pad thai, which means stir-fried rice noodles in a Thai style, and it is thought to be a southern Chinese dish which was introduced to Thailand in the mid-20th century.
Pad Thai Noodles
It is important to cook the noodles perfectly in order to make the very best traditional Pad Thai recipe. You will need ‘rice sticks’ which are dried flat noodles. Some people soak them while others boil them. I’ve tried both ways and both work fine. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
This easy chicken and peach salad takes mere minutes to put together and it’s a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. I’ve made it with chicken breast but you could use other cooked chicken pieces or some deli chicken slices. You could even use rotisserie chicken to make this (perhaps, still warm – yum!)
This easy chicken and peach salad is made on a bed of iceberg lettuce, but of course you can switch the iceberg for any variety. Baby salad leaves would be good or chopped romaine. I like to add some lamb’s lettuce or a contrasting variety as well. Then you have the chicken on top, plus some peach for juicy sweetness, and then some crispy, crunchy croutons for a contrasting savory flavor and different texture.
Easy Chicken and Peach Salad Dressing
The easy chicken and peach salad dressing is an interpretation on Marie Rose sauce or thousand island dressing. The whisky in our easy chicken and peach salad dressing is optional (but throw some in if you have it) or you can use brandy. Actually this sauce is normally served with seafood recipes such as prawn cocktail but it goes just as well with chicken thanks to the chicken’s neutral, simple taste. Continue reading
Chicken is a popular ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine, and this Spanish inspired recipe makes the most of chicken thighs, a naturally juicy, flavor-packed part of the bird. Chicken thighs tend to be more economical than chicken breasts, and they also offer more juiciness and a richer flavor, so you have a win-win situation if you choose to buy them and use them in this Spanish paprika chicken recipe. Look out for discounted ones because they freeze beautifully.
What to Use in Spanish Paprika Chicken
We are adding onion and garlic to our Spanish paprika chicken, along with red wine vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, paprika, chicken stock and sherry, plus potatoes (or, if you prefer, use half potatoes and half carrots).
You can tweak the ingredients for Spanish paprika chicken if you wish, if you don’t have something or want to throw something else in there. The chicken stock can be switched for mushroom or vegetable stock. You can also throw in some button mushrooms or bell pepper strips which need to be used up. Any of those would be fine. Continue reading
This wonderful recipe for tandoori chicken in the oven is made with chicken pieces. You can use drumsticks, breast halves, leg quarters or chicken thighs, either bone-in or boneless to make tandoori chicken in the oven. The marinade is made with yogurt (use whole or nonfat, as you prefer) along with lemon juice, garlic, chili paste and a variety of aromatic spices, Leave the chicken pieces in the marinade overnight for the best results.
Once the chicken is marinated and you are ready to cook it, get the oven nice and hot, then arrange the chicken on a rack over a roasting pan so all the parts of the chicken are exposed to the heat and so any marinade can drip off and on to the roasting pan underneath.
Tandoori Chicken in the Oven Side Dishes
Our tandoori chicken in the oven recipe goes very nicely with homemade raita (stir some grated cucumber and fresh mint into yogurt), your favorite green salad or green vegetable, and perhaps also some delicious white rice or naan bread. Consider garnishing the finished tandoori chicken in the oven recipe with some slices of raw onion and lemon wedges, or else a sprig of cilantro or parsley instead.
This is a simple recipe to prepare, and as long as you plan ahead, to allow yourself sufficient marinating time, you should really enjoy the results of this tandoori chicken in the oven recipe.
This is such a great recipe for the fall (or maybe you call it autumn, depending where you’re from) and the juicy chicken, sweet pumpkin, comforting rice, and other tasty flavors in here combine beautifully to make this gorgeous chicken pumpkin risotto.
To make a flavor-packed risotto, stick to delicate, fragrant flavors, and you will experience this timeless Italian dish the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
That Wonderful Risotto Texture
To get the texture of the chicken pumpkin risotto just right, use risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli perhaps) and keep adding the liquid in small amounts, letting the rice absorb the liquid before adding more. The rice is done when it is al dente, which means it still has a little bite to it. You might not need to use all the hot stock.
We are going to be cooking the pumpkin and chicken first, then sauteeing the onion and garlic in olive oil. Next the rice goes into the mixture, and you can add the wine, then the chicken stock bit by bit, letting the rice soak up the liquid.
Finally the chicken and pumpkin go back into the chicken pumpkin risotto and you can stir in the parmesan. Use freshly grated parmesan, not that cheap powdery stuff (which isn’t actually parmesan at all).
- iPad Mini – All You Need to KnowThe iPad Mini is causing a huge amount of attention, with people wanting to see what the next offering from Apple will bring for the dedicated fans. Everyone wants to buy a cheap iPad mini, or at least find out more about this new and exciting product. iPad vs. Mini iPad The traditional iPad has proven to be incredibly popular; however, there are some quirks that people do not like. Both the size and the price of the traditional iPad put a huge number of people off purchasing this unique gadget. However, the launch of the new mini iPad ensures that both of these issues are addressed. The new iPad mini was launched in November 2012 and offers .....
- Vegan Squash Crostini RecipeThis is a delicious vegan dip which sits on crispy crostini. This vegan squash crostini recipe is a great appetizer for vegans and you can use sweet potato instead of squash if you prefer. You don’t have to be a vegan to enjoy this lovely vegan recipe, and if you are having a mixed crowd (ie some vegans and some veggies and others who are carnivores) this is a nice offering because it’s suitable for everyone. What is Crostini? Before you make this vegan squash crostini recipe you might like to know more about the dish. Crostini means toasted bread, and of course the Italian word sounds much more elegant. It can be topped with .....
- What is Tofu Exactly?Tofu is an ingredient which is made by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into blocks. It is used in various East and Southeast Asian cuisines. Tofu can be fresh or processed, and its subtle flavor suits a variety of savory and sweet recipes. It is often marinated or seasoned before use. If you’re wondering what is tofu exactly, you might also be interested in its history. Tofu dates back nearly 2000 years to ancient China and during the Nara period its production technique was introduced into Korea and Japan. Tofu is low in calories, featuring a lot of protein but not much fat. It is also high in iron and .....
- Tandoori Chicken in the OvenThis wonderful recipe for tandoori chicken in the oven is made with chicken pieces. You can use drumsticks, breast halves, leg quarters or chicken thighs, either bone-in or boneless to make tandoori chicken in the oven. The marinade is made with yogurt (use whole or nonfat, as you prefer) along with lemon juice, garlic, chili paste and a variety of aromatic spices, Leave the chicken pieces in the marinade overnight for the best results. Once the chicken is marinated and you are ready to cook it, get the oven nice and hot, then arrange the chicken on a rack over a roasting pan so all the parts of the chicken are exposed to the heat and so any .....
- Lamb Coconut Curry with Sweet PotatoThis lamb coconut curry with sweet potato recipe uses ground lamb rather than stewing lamb, and also includes sweet potato and peas, if you like, along with coconut milk, garlic, ginger, and curry powder to season it and add the flavors. This is a winter warmer and something lovely to enjoy on a chilly evening, to make a change from the beef or chicken curry recipes you usually prepare. An easy curry recipe to make, this lamb coconut curry with sweet potato dish is sure to appeal to all the family, and if you wish to tweak it, for example by swapping the sweet potato for pumpkin, the peas for garbanzo beans, or hot curry powder instead of .....
- Classic Prawn CocktailThis classic prawn cocktail recipe combines succulent Atlantic prawns with a homemade Marie Rose sauce and more. Shell-on prawns are the best variety to use for both texture and flavor. Classic Prawn Cocktail: Tips for the Prawns You can make a nice risotto stock from the shells after peeling them too. Most Atlantic prawns are sold cooked and frozen and the best way to defrost them is to leave the in the fridge for several hours. Don’t defrost them in water because they will lose some of their flavour. When you peel them, you should split them almost in half through their backs and remove the bitter dark vein running through them. This .....
- Classic Crackslaw RecipePerhaps you have read about the classic crackslaw recipe on a low carb forum or one of your friends has been raving about it but what is crack slaw and why is it called that? Well, first things first, crackslaw is supposed to be addictive, which is how the name came about, but don’t worry, there is nothing illegal in it! It is addictive in a good way because it is a filling low-carb meal packed with nutritious ingredients. What’s In a Classic Crackslaw Recipe? This is an oriental inspired recipe featuring ground meat (or poultry or a vegetarian alternative) as well as cabbage or coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrot, usually). The .....
- 1950s Kitchen StyleRetro is very popular right now and if you are thinking about designing your kitchen in a 1950s decor style it is quite easy to find 1950s kitchen style accessories. With a retro style 50s kitchen you can incorporate the funky 50s look with a modern 21st century kitchen. The 1950s were an optimistic, prosperous and conservative time and entertainment was revolutionized with the invention of televisions, rock and roll and new movies. Fifties Kitchen Style Airy, open floor plans were popular and kitchens were being outfitted with new stainless steel and chrome appliances, which make cooking easier and faster. Pastel colors like pink, yellow, .....
- Easy Spaghetti CarbonaraThis is a classic Italian dish made with spaghetti, bacon and eggs. There are different variations – some people add cream or cream cheese, some will add parsley or another herb, and others will use whole wheat spaghetti over white spaghetti. However you prefer it, an easy spaghetti carbonara recipe is well worth adding to your culinary repertoire. The following recipe is really simple, even if you are a newbie in the kitchen, and the flavor is amazing. This is good served with mixed salad leaves dressed with vinaigrette. Learning how to make spaghetti carbonara is a great idea if you want to serve something impressive but only have 2 .....
- Easy Winkles RecipeWinkles are little black shellfish that look like snails. They may be enjoyed as part of a seafood platter or fruits de mer, or you can enjoy them as a snack by themselves, or with some bread and butter, as an easy winkles recipe appetizer. You can buy winkles either cooked or live but if you’re shopping for fresh ones (or picking your own) to make an easy winkles recipe, first you should check the smell. Good winkles smell slightly sweet and like the sea. They might move visibly. Live ones need to be rinsed in plenty of cold water before being soaked in salted water for half an hour before you boil them. Very Easy Winkles Recipe Ideas .....