This is a classic Italian dish made with spaghetti, bacon and eggs. There are different variations – some people add cream or cream cheese, some will add parsley or another herb, and others will use whole wheat spaghetti over white spaghetti. However you prefer it, an easy spaghetti carbonara recipe is well worth adding to your culinary repertoire.
The following recipe is really simple, even if you are a newbie in the kitchen, and the flavor is amazing. This is good served with mixed salad leaves dressed with vinaigrette. Learning how to make spaghetti carbonara is a great idea if you want to serve something impressive but only have 2 pots on the stove.
When I made this easy spaghetti carbonara, I chose to add some cream cheese. It wasn’t necessary (I mean, it would’ve been good without it) but I wanted some creaminess in there. The authentic spaghetti carbonara recipe is made without the addition of cream or cream cheese, but if you want to add some, well it’s your dish! I also added turkey because I had some to use up and that was great in there. Continue reading
I fell in love with lamb shanks the first time I ever tried them. They are so tasty, so juicy and the flavor is amazing. Lamb shanks are best slow cooked and, although you can do them in the oven, a crockpot or Dutch oven will be your very best friend in the kitchen if you want really great results from this braised lamb shanks in red wine sauce recipe.
One lamb shank per person is enough, and they go really well with mashed potatoes and vegetables (maybe red cabbage, asparagus or carrots) along with your choice of sauce. I like to make lamb shanks in the crockpot and then either spoon the sauce directly over the meat, or else reduce it in a pan to make it thicker.
Tips for Braised Lamb Shanks in Red Wine Sauce
The following braised lamb shanks in red wine sauce recipe is best made in a Dutch oven, a large, heavy-bottomed pot. If you prefer to use a crockpot, sear the meat first, then put everything in the crockpot and cook it for about 8 hours on low or 5 hours on high, or until the lamb is so tender it is almost falling apart.
If you want to leave out any of the vegetables that is fine. At the end, you will need to use an immersion blender (handheld/stick blender) to get the sauce smooth. Add as much hot water as needed. The sauce should be thick but not too thick. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
An indoor smoker is a wonderful buy if you want to smoke your own food but you either don’t want to do it outdoors, you don’t have a backyard, or the weather isn’t really on your side. There are different types of indoor smokers to choose from but you can get one for under $50 and the results of your indoor smoker recipes will be really impressive.
Bring all the delicious flavors of wood smoking indoors and try smoking a whole fish filet or ham. You can also smoke ribs, salmon, chicken, sausages, tofu, cheese, nuts, garlic, salt (yes, smoked salt is amazing!), Cornish hens, and much more.
No oil or fats need to be added when making indoor smoker recipes, and you don’t have to add salt or flavoring either. The food smokes in its own juices so it stays nice and moist.
Choose from many types of wood chips to get the perfect taste from your indoor smoker recipes, and consider combo-cooking, which means smoking the food first then finishing it off on the grill or oven to get it crispy. Continue reading
This Lancashire hotpot with beef is a wonderfully warming dinner, and it is so easy to make. Beef (or lamb) and potatoes come together with a red wine based sauce to make this hearty dish. Served with peas or another green vegetable, this makes the perfect cold weather dinner for the whole family to enjoy. Lancashire hotpot with beef leftovers warm up nicely for lunch the next day.
As well as the beef and potatoes, we are using carrots (if you like) along with onion, beef stock, red wine, and some thyme to add a nice earthy, herby flavor. This is a good recipe for the cooler months when you crave something that is really going to ‘stick to your ribs’ and warm you up nicely.
History of Lancashire Hotpot with Beef Recipe
The original recipe would have used dripping or lard instead of the vegetable oil, so use that if you prefer. The recipe dates back to the days of heavy industrialization in Lancashire, England. Although lamb or mutton would have been the meat of choice back then, beef also works fine if you prefer to use it.
Turnip and leeks often feature as well as the meat, potatoes and carrots. Sometimes bacon is even used as the meat (or you can add some ham or bacon in addition) and some people like to make a pastry topping before baking the Lancashire hotpot with beef. Any of these variations are fine.
One of the most famous dishes to come from Cornwall, England (well apart from tea and scones of course) is the Cornish pasty. This delicious snack can be enjoyed hot, warm or chilled, and the beef and vegetable filling complements the flaky pastry perfectly. Knowing the traditional recipe for Cornish pasties means you can prepare this delicacy for your family at home.
Traditional Recipe for Cornish Pasties Dough
We are making the pastry for our Cornish pasty (pronounced PAH-stee) recipe as well as preparing the filling. For the pastry you will need flour, butter, egg yolks, salt and baking powder. It helps to have a food processor to prepare the dough, unless you want to do it by hand and use a lot of ‘elbow grease’! The dough is then rolled out to your desired thickness and used to make rounds which are then filled with the filling. Then the dough for this traditional recipe for Cornish pasties is complete.
We are keeping things traditional for the filling, using beef, potatoes, onion, rutabaga (swede), salt and black pepper. Don’t be tempted to put extras in there. This pie is best when the original recipe is used and don’t worry – it will boast plenty of flavor. Continue reading
This British beef and ale pie is a gorgeous recipe and it makes a filling lunch or evening meal, served with plenty of mashed potatoes, carrots and peas or carrots on the side. We are using shortcrust pastry here which is sturdy rather than flaky, along with braising or stewing steak. The flavors inside come from Worcestershire sauce, tomato, ale or stout and beef stock.
Start with Great Pastry
Although you can make your own shortcrust pastry for this British beef and ale pie if you want to, it is much quicker and easier to use readymade shortcrust pastry, and it tastes about the same too. You will be lining the pie dishes with pastry, adding the prepared filling and then putting pastry lids on to enclose the tasty filling.
You will need six 4-inch (10 cm) wide by 1 1/4 inch (3 cm) deep individual pie dishes to make these pies. Another idea is to make the whole thing in one large tin then you can serve the British beef and ale pie in slices rather than making individual ones. Continue reading
- Easy Tofu PhoPho is a delicious Vietnamese noodle soup made with rice noodles, broth, meat, seafood or a vegetarian alternative, and herbs. Beef and chicken are the most popular flavors but you can make a great vegetarian pho with tofu. This easy tofu pho is just gorgeous and you’ll love the flavors. This is a well-loved street food in Vietnam, and the Southern Vietnamese enjoy it for breakfast or lunch, while those in the north of the country have it at any time of the day or evening. History of Pho Soup This dish dates back to the early 1900s and refugees introduced it to the rest of the world after the Vietnam War. There is no proof of the .....
- Curried Chicken Waldorf Salad RecipeIf you fancy making a waldorf salad recipe with a twist, try this delicious version with curried chicken. A traditional waldorf salad contains just red apples, mayonnaise and celery and the walnuts came later. You can use more curry paste in this curried chicken waldorf salad recipe if you want, depending how hot you like it. An Interesting Twist Puritans might argue this curried chicken waldorf salad recipe is not actually a “waldorf salad” exactly, because there are other ingredients in the mix which never appeared in the original dish. But I prefer to say this is a twist on the classic recipe, because it features everything .....
- Lamb Crackslaw with Hoisin SauceThis recipes uses leftover lamb, but you could use any leftover meat to make it. Just chop it into small pieces and then you can add it to the recipe. The vegetables add flavor and color to the dish, and you can feel free to use your favorites. I love lamb crackslaw because it’s tasty and oh so filling. If you want to swap the carrot for broccoli, for example, go ahead. This could be served with a starch on the side, but I usually just have it as it is, because it is satisfying enough like that. In fact it is really filling. This recipe is really appealing and even if you are not following a low carb diet you will love it. Hoisin sauce .....
- Spanx Control UnderwearWomen’s control underwear is the easy, pain-free way of smoothing out those love handles as well as your belly and other bits and pieces you would prefer weren’t there. Maybe you already own Spanx control underwear to keep those wobbly bits under control. Browse and shop for all the best control underwear and wear figure-hugging skirts and dresses once more. Control panties are just as comfortable as regular panties. The material stretches and holds you in, and you will forget you are wearing them. Spanx Control Underwear : Plenty of Choice Body contouring undergarments are available from lingerie stores and you can also buy this .....
- Bacon Wrapped Avocado AppetizersThese bacon wrapped avocado appetizers are absolutely gorgeous and you can serve them as an appetizer or side dish. They are low in carbs (if you leave out the sugar) but high in flavor. Spicy or Mild, Your Choice Use the chili or cayenne pepper if you wish, or just have the bacon wrapped avocado appetizers without if you want a milder finish. These are great to pop into the oven when you have something else cooking on the stove. I wasn’t sure these would work the first time I made bacon wrapped avocado appetizers. I have made bacon-wrapped shrimp before, and bacon-wrapped cheese, but this is the first time I used avocado. Although .....
- Unusual Japanese ToiletsJapanese toilets have become a popular addition to many bathrooms all over the world, as people are realizing these top-quality additions are perfect in every way. Unusual Japanese toilets are something worth finding out more about. They’re just intriguing! The toilets which you can find in Japan are typically more advanced than toilets which are manufactured anywhere else in the world. There are two main designs of the toilet commonly found in Japan – the squat toilet and the bidet toilet. The older style squat toilet is often seen in public toilets but this is not a style that appeals to average households who are more included .....
- Japanese Chicken CrackslawCrackslaw is usually made with Chinese ingredients but add some Teriyaki sauce and you get a sweeter result which also has a distinct Japanese flair. Whether you are counting your carbs or simply looking for something really tasty, this Japanese chicken crackslaw recipe is a real winner. Perhaps you have made the classic crack slaw recipe before and you wonder what a similar dish but made with slightly different flavors would taste like, in which case try this recipe for a change of pace. You may use canned or fresh chicken. It should be cooked before adding it to the recipe, so this is a great dish to make if you have leftover chicken to .....
- White Food Recipes for After Teeth WhiteningHaving your teeth professionally whitened is the best way to get that gorgeous pearly shade without breaking the bank on veneers or another expensive treatment. The process itself is usually painless although your teeth might be a little sensitive afterwards. You will need white food recipes for after teeth whitening for a couple of days. Even though it’s possible to fashion a menu from the list of ‘allowed’ white foods it’s helpful to have some fresh ideas to keep things interesting! Read on to learn what you can eat after teeth whitening, what you must avoid after teeth whitening, and some more teeth whitening .....
- Gorgeous Mystic Topaz RingsAlso known as rainbow topaz, mystic topaz is a semi-precious gemstone. It has a high hardness and refractive index as well as not being sensitive to chemicals. This means it is a good stone to make jewelry and will last for many years. Invest in mystic topaz rings and you’ll have something you want to wear all the time. What is Mystical About It? Mystic topaz is colorless topaz which has been enhanced with a hi-tech process to give a rainbow effect. The better the original stone used, the better the end result will be, and this means the quality, polish and cut. So if you start with a high quality colorless stone you will end up with a .....
- Easy Bobotie Recipe | South African Meat DishThis easy bobotie recipe can be made with your choice of ground beef or lamb. A combination would also work. The dish is popular in South Africa. It is comparable to meatloaf or lasagna, but it is spiced and the topping is a savory egg-based custard. I’ve made it several times and always love how the gently spiced meat layer contrasts with the rich and creamy topping. Served with yellow rice and/or a fresh green salad, this dish is something that never gets old. I like to make extra because it heats up well the following day for lunch. If you’ve made meatloaf, lasagna or a similar ground meat dish, you will recognize several .....