A beloved Mexican and Tex-Mex food, a burrito makes a great lunch, dinner or snack. And this is the best breakfast burrito recipe I ever tried! One modern trend is all about presenting this hearty delight first thing in the morning and calling it a breakfast burrito. So you can have your breakfast all rolled up neatly burrito-style. A breakfast burrito recipe will contain typical breakfast ingredients like potatoes, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, whatever else you like. These fillings will be hot and cooked, enclosed in a soft flour tortilla.
Burritos are wrapped or folded to enclose the filling, unlike a taco which is usually folded in half around the filling. Some people like to steam or lightly grill the tortilla to softed it, so it wraps around the filling more easily. Order a regular burrito in Mexico and you can expect meat and refried beans to be your typical filling. Head north of the border into the US though and you will find a wider variety of fillings like rice, beans, lettuce, salsa, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and, where breakfast burritos are concerned, even bacon, eggs and hash browns – hey, why not!
The word burrito translates from the Spanish to mean ‘little donkey’ and it is thought the name comes from the look of the bedrolls and packs donkeys used to carry. Try this best breakfast burrito recipe when a bowl of cereal simply isn’t enough to prepare you for the day ahead. Continue reading
Gnocchi makes a change from pasta or pizza but is just as Italian. So if you are in the mood for Italian food but not something too, well, obvious, consider gnocchi! This dish, which comprises potato gnocchi, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella, is also known as gnocchi alla sorrentina. Gourmet gnocchi makes such a nice dinner. It’s the perfect balance between satisfying and delicate.
I like to add prosciutto to the dish but you could add serrano ham or regular ham instead (the thinly shaved kind) or else just leave it out, for a vegetarian result. You could even get creative here, adding shredded cooked chicken or similar, as a way of using up leftovers from last night’s meal.
What is Gnocchi Exactly?
Gnocchi is like a little dumpling made of potato and flour. You can make your own or grab a package from the pasta and rice aisle in the grocery store. Obviously it’s far easier just to grab some ready-made. If you add plenty of fresh ingredients you can restore a homemade flavor to the dish. We are adding cheese, tomatoes and ham, and this adds plenty of flavor and color, and it’s also really easy to make this simple Italian staple into a gourmet gnocchi meal ready to knock your partner’s socks off with big, bold flavors!
Serve this with some crusty bread, preferably ciabatta or another kind of Italian bread if you can get it, along with butter. Add a baby leaf salad and some kind of basic dressing like extra-virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar, and you have a delicious entree which everyone will love. This certainly makes an exciting change from the usual pasta recipes. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
Pizza comes frozen or from the pizza delivery place or from your local Italian restaurant. But wait, what about the best pizza? Well that would be the kind you make yourself at home! Honest, it’s so quick and easy to make pizza yourself and you don’t even have to make the dough. This homemade pizza on French bread will have the kids (and grownups) beating down the kitchen door, it smells so good!
The quickest pizza recipe probably has to be this tortilla pizza but next up you have baguette pizza or French bread pizza, which is French bread, French stick or baguette bread (however you call it) topped with tomato sauce and pizza toppings to make the most amazing appetizer or main dish.
Why Use French Bread as a Pizza Crust
French bread makes a great pizza crust since it is naturally crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. It really is so delicious! Top with your favorite sauce and toppings and you will find just anything goes. Get as inventive as you wish with a homemade pizza on French bread.
In addition to French bread being crispo and tasty, it holds the sauce and toppings really well, so the next time you fancy Italian food but not spaghetti carbonara or traditional pizza, consider this French bread pizza recipe and rustle up something quick, easy and above all… tasty! I like shrimp on mine, or maybe tuna or another kind of seafood. I just like seafood pizza. Oh, and smoked salmon – that is good too!
This is a classic Italian dish made with spaghetti, bacon and eggs. There are different variations – some people add cream or cream cheese, some will add parsley or another herb, and others will use whole wheat spaghetti over white spaghetti. However you prefer it, an easy spaghetti carbonara recipe is well worth adding to your culinary repertoire.
The following recipe is really simple, even if you are a newbie in the kitchen, and the flavor is amazing. This is good served with mixed salad leaves dressed with vinaigrette. Learning how to make spaghetti carbonara is a great idea if you want to serve something impressive but only have 2 pots on the stove.
When I made this easy spaghetti carbonara, I chose to add some cream cheese. It wasn’t necessary (I mean, it would’ve been good without it) but I wanted some creaminess in there. The authentic spaghetti carbonara recipe is made without the addition of cream or cream cheese, but if you want to add some, well it’s your dish! I also added turkey because I had some to use up and that was great in there. Continue reading
What is bangers and mash, you might be wondering, and how do you make a British bangers and mash recipe? Well, one of the most popular examples of British comfort food, bangers and mash is a dish of bangers (sausages) with mash (mashed potatoes). It is usually served with thick brown onion gravy drizzled over the top.
I like to use plenty of onions in this British bangers and mash recipe or even forgo the sauteed onions and make a delicious onion gravy. You can use any gravy you want, either making it the lazy way with gravy granules or, if you prefer, making your own from scratch.
What Kind of Sausages for a British Bangers and Mash Recipe?
Choose big, fat sausages for making a British bangers and mash recipe. It is not a recipe for chipolatas or dainty little cocktail sausages. Although you can use pork sausages, beef ones are really good here, or you might like to try venison sausages to take this dish a little more upmarket; if so, add some minced garlic to the mashed potato.
Do you want to serve something with this British bangers and mash recipe? Consider broccoli, green beans or another green vegetable to round out the meal. Carrots would also work here.
For the drink, what about a cold apple cider or glass of beer? A light, fruity red wine (very lightly chilled) would also work if you are serving this British bangers and mash recipe and you want some wine. This makes an excellent weekday recipe for the whole family. It serves 8 so you can halve the recipe unless your family is huge or you are having friends over too!
I’ve been living in Holland for several years and cooked speklappen, also known as speklapjes, for my husband a number of times. Speklappen or speklapjes (the same thing) means pork belly slices. You can get these quite cheap and they are easy to cook. Also, you can use them in a number of different recipes including the following Dutch speklappen or speklapjes recipe.
The best way to cook these is in a little oil. Get the oil hot in a skillet or frying pan, then add the speklapjes in one layer and fry them. You will see them turn golden brown and crispy. Flip them halfway through cooking so they cook evenly on both sides.
You can then toss them in your favorite Asian sauce and serve them over egg noodles or egg fried rice, or else have them over mashed potatoes with gravy, or just serve them as they are with your chosen side dishes. That’s how simple it is to prepare a Dutch speklappen or speklapjes recipe which the whole family will enjoy.
- Best Julienne PeelersEveryone needs one of the best julienne peelers in their kitchen drawer in 2017! One of these little gadgets will glide effortlessly over your vegetables to peel them or give you matchstick-thin pieces or little strips. Use these for making coleslaw, for prepping veggies for a salad or for making matching shapes for another use. You can also stir-fry or saute them and they cook very quickly when they are cut so finely. When reading reviews for these the main thing is how well the device in question works, and also how easy it is to use. There are different ones to choose from and whichever one you choose depends how often you plan to use it .....
- British Indian Food and How It All BeganIndian cuisine is really popular in the UK, but British Indian food differs from authentic Indian cuisine. While some dishes are Anglicized versions of typical Indian dishes, others are Indian takes on typical British dishes, so there is plenty of fusion. Fish and meat are cooked as curries with Indian vegetables, and yogurt, almonds and coconut are typical ingredients in this cuisine. British roast beef for example can be modified with chilies and cumin to make a curried beef dish. Indian roast type dishes, rices, breads and curries all offer a distinctive Indian taste. Some examples of British Indian food include mulligatawny, fish .....
- Chili Squid with TomatoesThis chili squid with tomatoes recipe is for lovers of all things spicy, since chili is used plentifully. Chili and tomato goes well, which is good because the sauce is tomato-based. You could use fresh tomatoes for this but honestly the canned type are just as good here. The squid is stuffed with a mixture of egg, bread and cilantro. This is how you make this chili squid with tomatoes a success. The filling should be sticky but not too ‘wet’ so add the egg a little at a time. If it is not wet enough add extra egg to it. This is a very simple filling so you can appreciate the flavor of the squid without any of the ingredients .....
- Mexican Cocktail Nachos RecipeThese Mexican cocktail nachos are a great starter if you are having a Mexican main course and they also make a nice snack at a cocktail party. You can easily double the amount of ingredients in this Mexican starter recipe if you want to make more. Different Types of Nachos Nachos come in many styles. Personally I like mine with lashings of guacamole, salsa and sour cream, beef ladled on top, black olives, jalapenos, cheese and more. Well, I like ‘everything’ nachos. It is perhaps easier to explain that way. If you want a simpler recipe though, with the cheese and japalenos standing out, then choose this Mexican cocktail nachos .....
- Easy Pan Fried Tuna with a Sesame CrustThis tuna with a sesame crust is a fabulous way to showcase the wonderful flavor of fresh tuna, and you will not believe just how easy this recipe is to make, even if you’re new to cooking fresh fish or don’t often do it Even a total novice in the kitchen will be able to pull this recipe off and end up with a very impressive dish. To make it, you just need some tuna steaks and sesame seeds, both black and white, and then some oil for frying and salt to add extra flavor. In addition to that you will need a big nonstick skillet. Tips for Cooking Tuna with a Sesame Crust There is nothing hard about cooking fresh fish, especially not .....
- Cream Cheese Wonton Ideas and Chinese Dumplings and Soft WontonsThe most important part of your cabbage soup is, of course, the cabbage. You can get cabbage year-round and this vegetable weighs between one and seven pounds. Choose a cabbage with a big, compact head, and tender green leaves which do not show insect damage or holes. Fresh cabbage has plenty of outer leaves and greengrocers peel these off as the cabbage ages. Consider cream cheese wonton ideas. Cream cheese goes with cabbage really well (and seafood too!) Check the bottom of the cabbage before buying it, to check the leaves are not coming off the stem. If they are, that means the cabbage is old. Savoy cabbages are lighter for their size .....
- Low Carb Tortilla PizzaThis low carb tortilla pizza is incredibly good and it takes about 10 minutes to make and the same again to cook. Whether or not you have made pizza before, you will find this low carb tortilla pizza incredibly simple, and the sky is the limit as far as toppings are concerned. Use a low-carb tortilla to make your pizza. I recommend the Mama Lupe ones because they’re so good and only 3 carbs (and 60 calories) each. And they are the closest in flavor to regular tortillas. I also tried the La Tortilla brand for my low carb tortilla pizza because those are only 50 calories each but… nope not as good as the Mama Lupe ones. This low .....
- Best Cajun Chicken Pasta RecipeAre you in the mood for Cajun cuisine or something Italian? This Cajun chicken pasta recipe offers the best of both worlds. Pasta is an Italian favorite of course, and Cajun seasoning just brings out the beauty of the chicken and the pasta, resulting in a dish you will adore. You might have enjoyed something similar before or perhaps the combination of Italian and Cajun is a brand new treat for your palate. Either way you will certainly enjoy this tasty dish. This is simple enough for beginner cooks to master and once you have made it you will be sure to want to make it again. The following recipe makes enough for 2 people so you can easily .....
- Wonderful Winter Dessert IdeasWinter is a wonderful time to try out some of the more rich dessert options available. In the warmer months, you won’t want to spend much time in the kitchen and baking is definitely out of the question. Standing near an oven in the winter, though, might even be welcome and settling down with a nice piece of cheesecake is always a treat. That’s why it pays to know some good winter dessert ideas. Cheesecake is a great recipe to try out in the winter. The colder temperature lends to the setting process and leaving the cheesecake in the oven for an hour or so won’t be a problem. Cheesecake can come in many flavors, which is helpful when .....
- Cream Cheese Wonton RecipesCream cheese wontons recipes are so easy to make. All you need apart from the oil for frying are some wonton skins and cream cheese. I usually use Philadelphia cream cheese but you can use any kind you like. You could even use one of the flavored kinds, like herb cream cheese or tomato and basil cream cheese for your cream cheese wontons recipes, but the plain kind works just fine too. You can fold the wontons up however you want when making cream cheese wonton recipes, perhaps pulling two of the pointed tips towards each other, then the other two. Alternatively you could scrunch the tops to make a “moneybag” shape or simply fold .....