Pasta salad is always a winning dish. It is cheap to make, you can use leftover cooked pasta or cook some in about 10 minutes, and there are all kinds of flavors you can add to this easy pasta salad with parmesan cheese.
In this recipe we are keeping with the Italian theme (although you might like to look at our Indian pasta salad for a wonderful fusion idea!) by incorporating parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
Although the tangy red wine vinegar dressing is good, sometimes I prefer to just use mayo for a super-simple dressing which boasts a lovely creaminess everyone is going to love. You can add other flavors to the mayo too, like mustard, spices or dried or fresh herbs, as you like.
Use white pasta for the best result – perhaps penne, shells or another favorite. For pasta salad, avoid the long kinds like spaghetti or linguine, and go for something that’s easy to pick up on the fork or scoop up in a spoon.
This recipe can be made quickly and easy, and it is an excellent pairing for everything from grilled chicken to burgers, steaks or even fish. Why not make a big batch for your next barbecue event or party? Continue reading
This is such a refreshing salad and it’s easy to make. We are using regular couscous but if you like Israeli couscous that is also fine, or you could consider bulgar wheat for a result for like tabbouleh. This couscous salad with parsley and lime is zingy, refreshing and really tasty.
The key to making a good couscous salad is freshness. I find the more fresh ingredients it contains the better it is, so grab some tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and limes, along with the other ingredients, and you will be able to rustle up this delicious dish and experience all the amazing fresh flavors the way they are supposed to be enjoyed.
How to Serve It
Serve this as a salad or side dish (it’s especially good with grilled fish or chicken) or consider taking it to work as a special lunch, served with pita bread or crusty bread on the side. This would also be great to take to a potluck buffet because it always goes down well and it’s unlikely someone else will be making the same dish as you. I find that couscous salad with parsley and lime is something everyone is going to ask the recipe for!
If you have leftovers, keep the salad in a covered container in the refrigerator and use it within 2 days. You can swap the lime zest and juice for lemon if you prefer. Lemon is probably more authentic, although we like the special zing lime gives the salad. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
I love all kinds of noodles but soba noodles are my favorite. The word ‘soba’ means ‘buckwheat’ in Japanese and it also refers to thin, buckwheat noodles. In Japan the word refers to any thin noodles. These can be served hot or cold, with a dipping sauce or in soup or you could make an easy soba salad. Buckwheat can be harvested 4 times a year because it takes 3 months to reach maturity and be ready for harvesting.
Soba noodles are sold at railway stations in Japan, and they also feature on the menus in high-end restaurants, making them a versatile component in a variety of dishes, not just easy soba salad recipes.
Soba noodles are often drained and chilled in the summer, or served hot with a soy dashi broth in the colder months. Easy soba salad is a popular summertime treat. They might be served with soba tsuyu, a type of dipping sauce, on the side, and maybe bits of dried nori seaweed on top.
The diner will use chopsticks to pick up some noodles and dip them in the sauce. Green onions and wasabi might be mixed into the sauce. Hot broth changes their consistency, which is why a lot of people prefer to have them cold. In Japan, the water in which the noodles were cooked is often drunk after the noodles have been eaten, with the leftover sauce mixed in for flavor. Continue reading
What is a watermelon radish, you might be wondering. It could be you have spotted watermelon radishes at your local market and you are curious what to do with such a vegetable. What kind of watermelon radish recipes are there? Maybe you are looking for a good watermelon recipe. Well I purchased some of these at my local market, and I have been experimenting!
First of all, what is a watermelon radish anyway? Well, this vegetable is an edible globular root with green leaves and thin stems. The outside is whitish and the flesh is bright pink. It is tender-crisp and firm in texture. It tastes mild and a little peppery. You might taste some almond in there when enjoying your watermelon radish recipes.
This vegetable varies in size between a golf ball and a softball, and you should choose ones which have smooth crack-free skins. You can get watermelon radishes all through the year, although spring and late fall are the peak season for them. This heirloom Chinese daikon radish belongs to the mustard (brassica) family. A watermelon radish is a good source of vitamin C, especially when you enjoy it raw. Continue reading
This Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a gorgeous recipe. It looks really nice served in little glasses with edible flowers as a garnish, but it can also be served over lettuce or baby salad leaves if you prefer. This Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a nice way to begin any kind of meal, and it is especially good during the summer when you don’t want to cook.
We are using shrimp, and you can use little ones or chop larger ones. Make sure they are peeled and deveined first. Canned or thawed shrimp are fine here. You will also need some red apple and onion for crunch. The dressing for our Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is made with mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay seasoning and lemon juice.
Old Bay Shrimp and Apple Salad Tweaks
If you want, you can add other ingredients to the Old Bay shrimp and apple salad mix. We suggest diced celery, chopped walnuts or diced cheddar cheese. You might even want to add a little fresh dill weed or chopped chives. The recipe is nice as it is, so you might not want to add anything else to it. Also take care not to overwhelm the delicate flavors by adding too many other flavors to the mix.
Shrimp is a great addition to salad recipes. It offers a subtle, light flavor and goes well with many other salad ingredients. A base of salad leaves or spinach can be topped with hot, warm or chilled cooked shrimp along with other things like pineapple chunks or mandarin segments for sweetness, walnuts or cashews for crunch, cherry tomatoes for color and anything else you want to add to your healthy easy shrimp salad recipe.
You can cook shrimp in various ways, such as deep-frying, stir-frying, boiling, baking or grilling. If you want to pan-fry the shrimp, they will only take a couple of minutes, as will boiling or grilling, although if you want to grill or bake them, you will need to wait for the grill or oven to heat up first. Then cook them to perfection for your healthy easy shrimp salad recipe.
How Do You Know When Shrimp is Cooked?
Shrimp starts off a grayish color and turns pink when it is ready. When you see this color change it means your shrimp is done.
A healthy easy shrimp salad recipe belongs in various cuisines. You might like to keep the ingredients very simple and add some ranch or caesar dressing for an American flavor, marinate the shrimp in soy sauce to give them an Asian flavor, or even saute them with curry powder and other spices then serve them with a yogurt-based dressing for an Indian taste on your plate. Continue reading
- Very Easy Starter RecipesThere are easy starter recipes, or appetizers, for every season and occasion – something for every palate and every diet. So what are you going to make for your starter recipe? You might already be considering meat, fish, international appetizers or something else, or you might just be looking for some ideas and inspiration. There are lots of different easy starter recipes which are suitable for everyone from beginner cooks right up to seasoned chefs. If you want some tips on making the best easy starter recipes for any event, have a look at our articles or if you already have some idea of what you want to make you can browse our .....
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Venison BurgersIf you are in the mood for a change from your usual homemade burger recipes, why not consider a venison burger recipe instead? These blue cheese stuffed venison burgers are very special indeed. Venison is very lean which means it is best to add some fat to the patties. This ensures they will come out juicy and succulent instead of dry. Some people add bacon trimmings to their blue cheese stuffed venison burgers while others will ask their butcher for any pork fat they don’t need (they might give it to you free!) Venison is very tasty and doesn’t need to be seasoned a lot. A little salt and black pepper along with the meat (and .....
- Potstickers History and RecipeIt is fair to say that potstickers are well-loved, and no wonder, when they boast such an incredible flavor in every bite. One is never enough. If you know something about potstickers history or you just like to eat them, you might already know through history potstickers have gone by a variety of names, including guotie, Peking Ravioli, pork dumplings, and wortip. Potstickers are both pan-fried and steamed. Once the little dumplings are filled they are pan-fried on one side and then steamed in water or broth, so they end up crisp and browned on one side but easy to remove from the pan with a spatula. Try not to overcook them though, because .....
- Chili with Baked PotatoChili is always good, especially when served on a baked potato with some grated cheese on top, and perhaps also some sour cream or guacamole if you like it. Try chili with baked potato for lunch and see how satisfying this dish is. Chili is versatile enough to be tweaked a lot, so not only can you choose how spicy you want it but you can also choose the ingredients which go in there, such as kidney beans or another kind of bean, garlic, even some grated Mexican chocolate or cocoa powder if you wish. This recipe shows you how to make a simple chili con carne recipe using ingredients guaranteed to come together seamlessly and offer an .....
- Baked Chicken Wings with Paprika and CayenneThese baked chicken wings are so good. If you are in the mood for chicken wings but you don’t want to fry them, try this recipe instead because they come out just as crispy as fried wings but are healthier because they aren’t going to be submerged in fat. A Flavorful Coating for Baked Chicken Wings The coating is made with flour, paprika, garlic salt, pepper and cayenne, and the wings are cooked in a little butter to crisp them up and stop them sticking to the baking dish. Swap the cayenne pepper for Hungarian paprika if you want, or the garlic salt for regular salt and a pinch of garlic powder, and the flavor of our baked .....
- How To Make Shrimp and Mushroom Stuffed CalamariHow does shrimp and mushroom stuffed calamari sound to you? The red pepper sauce served with it is beautiful too. This recipe makes sufficient for 4 people and features shrimp, mushrooms, garlic, parsley and breadcrumbs. The sauce is made with red pepper, garlic and oil, to keep things simple. I have various stuffed calamari recipes in my repertoire but this one is always a winner and it’s great for any occasion, even a special occasion like a dinner party or special birthday meal. This is a clear, simple-to-follow video and it is a great introduction to beginner home cooks who wish to make stuffed squid for the first time. Try this .....
- Easy Eggs BenedictEasy eggs Benedict is one of the most amazing breakfast recipes ever. A toasted English muffin is topped with Canadian bacon, poached egg and finally homemade Hollandaise sauce for a rich, creamy and mouthwatering eat. There are plenty of recipes online for diet versions of this dish but in my opinion nothing beats the real thing, so save this for a special occasion like your Christmas morning breakfast, or make it for someone’s birthday if you are concerned about the fat/calories or whatever. Made this way, you are sure to end up with the most mouthwatering version of the dish – the original version. If you are making this for vegetarians, .....
- How to Poach an Egg like a ProPerfect poached eggs are a tasty idea for breakfast, perhaps with buttered toast and some bacon or sausage. They can also be served as a garnish or side dish with meat. You might be wondering how to poach an egg like a pro in the microwave, how long to poach eggs or even how long to poach quail eggs since they are so much smaller. The most typical way to poach an egg is in a pan of water on the stove, although we are going to look at microwave poaching as well. Bring a pan of water to a boil and add a pinch of sea salt. Now crack an egg into a cup, then pour it into the water. Repeat with however many eggs you are poaching. They will start .....
- Easy Wonton Recipes with PorkWontons are great when served as a snack or appetizer and if you have only ever eaten meat ones in a Chinese restaurant or had them from a takeout, you really are in store for a treat when you make your own easy wonton recipes with pork. Any home cook will be able to manage this recipe without too much effort although, like with most dishes, the more you make these, the easier the process will seem to become. Different Cooking Methods for Easy Wonton Recipes with Pork Deep-fry them for crispy, crunchy snacks, or steam or simmer them for a softer result. You could even poach them in your favorite broth for a wonderfully warming lunch or .....
- Brilliant Bruschetta RecipeA bruschetta recipe is one of the best Italian appetizers. It is made by rubbing garlic over grilled bread, then adding olive oil, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Some types of bruschetta recipe might also include cured meat, cheese, tomatoes, beans, or vegetables. The best-known bruschetta recipe outside Italy features fresh tomato, garlic and onion, fresh basil, and mozzarella. So Many Bruschetta Recipe Options A great bruschetta recipe is found on Italian restaurant menus all over the world, and there are hundreds of different ways to make it, which is why restaurant bruschetta ranges from bland to wonderful, depending who is making it. Make .....