This is a great recipe for stuffed zucchini, or stuffed courgette if that’s what it’s known as in your neck of the woods. You can cut your zucchini in to ‘boats’ or lengthwise strips or into wide slices. Perhaps you can get mini zucchini, or 8-ball zucchini, in which case one of those makes one serving. For the filling we are using rice, vegetables and walnuts, along with some garlic, thyme and cheese for added flavor. Feel free to tweak any of the ingredients in this rice stuffed zucchini . Pecans would work in place of the walnuts, or you could sub parsley, basil or even mixed dried herbs for the thyme.
First we are going to take the pulp out of the zucchini and just leave ½-inch or so on the skin. Then the vegetables are sauted and combined with the aromatic ingredients. Add in the zucchini pulp and rice, and spoon this mixture into your prepared zucchini pieces. You can then bake them in the oven, covered with foil so they don’t burn or dry out. Take the foil off at the end for a while so the cheese on top can melt and turn golden brown. When the cheese is golden brown and bubbling, the rice stuffed zucchini is ready to serve.
Rice Stuffed Zucchini – How to Serve It
This rice stuffed zucchini makes a nice main dish for a vegetarian or you could serve one slice alongside meat for a carnivore. Either way, the flavor will be great, and this goes with any kind of side dish, or as a side dish for some kind of meat, poultry or seafood entrée. Once you have made this, you might like to swap some of the ingredients to make it the next time. Honestly, all kinds of filling ingredients work here – mushrooms, spinach, fresh herbs, any kind of nuts, raisins – just add whatever you like and make the rice stuffed zucchini recipe your own. If you want to serve this as a main dish, feel free to add some chopped cooked ham, chicken or shrimp into the mix. Add it when you add the rice to the pan.
Nasi goreng means ‘fried rice’ in Indonesian as well as Malay, and it can be fried rice, a meal with stir-fried rice, or a salted dried fish mixture with rice. The main ingredient in an authentic nasi goreng recipe is always the rice, so if you are looking for something to make with leftover rice, keep reading and discover this wonderful Indonesian dish.
Authentic Nasi Goreng Recipe Ingredients
Known as the national dish of Indonesia, the best nasi goreng recipe is whichever mixture you like, perhaps rice with kecap manis (sweet soy sauce), egg, chicken, shrimp, garlic, and shallot, or perhaps you favor mushrooms and peas, or even beef and chilies.
Take a look in the refrigerator and cupboards before making an authentic nasi goreng recipe. If you have rice and some kind of vegetables you can make this. You can even switch the seasonings to make it fit what you have. There is no set recipe because it is a dish of various leftovers.
Beginning life similar to Chinese fried rice – a good way to use up leftover cooked rice – it was discovered that frying it could kill any microbes (which was important before the days of refrigeration). Nasi goreng is traditionally made from rice leftover from the evening before, and served for breakfast in Indonesia, although in the West we tend to prefer rice-based recipes for lunch or as an evening meal.
Some More Hot Content For You
Egg fried rice without soy sauce is a dish lots of people want to make but since soy sauce is one of the key ingredients it can be puzzling working out how to get around that. Fried rice is one of the best-known Chinese dishes, but the authentic recipe is quite different to what you might be used to. For example, have you tried making egg fried rice without soy sauce? That is how it is made in China, well in many parts of the country, and the more authentic option in many cases.
Egg Fried Rice without Soy Sauce: Such a Tempting Dish to Make
Egg fried rice is the dish to make when you want to use leftovers to rustle up something quick and easy, something comforting and tasty, something literally anyone can make regardless of culinary expertise or cooking experience.
This egg fried rice without soy sauce dish is easy, folks, and delicious too! But before you grab your wok and leftovers, you need to know a few tips about how to make the best egg fried rice recipe ever.
Egg fried rice is found all over the globe, either the authentic version or something more tailored toward the country in question. In China, egg fried rice is considered a meal rather than a side dish, and it might be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
There are thousands of potato recipes, and many ways to prepare roast potatoes, including this spicy roast potatoes recipe. One of the nicest things to do with them is spice them up before roasting, and then you will be able to enjoy the aromatic spices and the potatoes too with their crispy outsides and fluffy hot insides.
The following spicy roast potatoes recipe is very simple to make. You will need floury potatoes like King Edward, Yukon Gold, Charlotte, Maris Piper, or Duke of York.
Floury varieties are better for mashing, fry-making or roasting, while non-floury potatoes suit boiling better.
If you try to boil a floury potato it is likely to disintegrate, but the dry, fluffy texture of floury potatoes make them idea for roasting when you want the outside to crisp up to golden brown perfection and the inside to be perfectly fluffy.
Have you ever tried avocado in your potato salad? If not, make some avocado potato salad now because it is really tasty! The avocado adds a creamy, nutty, decadent touch to the potato salad which works so well.
This avocado potato salad goes beautifully as a side dish alongside chicken, burgers or any other meat, or try it with fish or something else. Make this once and you are sure to want to make it again and again, and don’t be surprised if everyone asks you for the recipe.
Which Potatoes to Use in Avocado Potato Salad
We are using baby red-skinned potatoes here but you can use brown-skinned ones if you wish, or even larger potatoes cut into cubes. They should be boiled until they are just tender, no more else they will fall apart too easily in the avocado potato salad and that is not what you want.
Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the tastiest result and if you have some leftover potato avocado salad then squeeze extra lemon juice into it, to help preserve the bright green avocado color and prevent browning. You can keep any leftovers (although there usually aren’t any!) in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 days.
When I first spotted rainbow carrots at the market, I was intrigued. What would they taste like? Would the different colors have different flavors? I just had to buy them and find out for myself, and honestly I was really pleased with the result of my roasted rainbow carrots recipe!
Of course there are different ways to cook carrots, perhaps the worst way being roughly chopping them and boiling them to mush. I recommend roasting the carrots for the very best results. They will take a while to become tender because they are quite dense. But allow sufficient time and your result will be a wonderful side dish which is as healthy as it is tasty.
What Colors are There?
In my package of rainbow carrots I had yellow, light orange, mid-orange and purple ones. I tasted them raw first. The yellow one was quite sweet, and the light orange one was halfway between the flavor of the yellow one and a regular orange carrot. I expected them all to taste the same when making roasted rainbow carrots, but they really don’t.
- Deep-Fry Like a Chinese ChefAlthough stir-frying is more popular in Chinese cuisine than deep-frying, it is worth learning both. Discover how to deep-fry like a Chinese chef and it will open up many new possibilities of Chinese dishes you can prepare. You can either use a wok or a deep-fat fryer for deep-frying. If you are using a wok, slide the food in carefully, as you will not want spattering if you are going to professionally deep-fry like a Chinese chef. Add the ingredients in small amounts and do not crowd the wok, else you might get spillage or spattering, or the temperature might drop too fast. Most recipes will suggest that you heat to oil to about 365 degrees .....
- Best Loaded Nachos Comfort Food StyleSo you want to make the best loaded nachos comfort food? You’ve come to the right page. Very few dishes offer as much as nachos do, and that includes the wonderful flavors combining spicy with creamy with mild, as well as textures because you have all kinds of those, ranging from soft to crunchy. Nachos can be served as a snack, appetizer or meal, and homemade nachos are, of course, the best! The following best loaded nachos comfort food recipe combines nachos with beef, homemade pico de gallo, cheese, spices, and more. But this is your recipe so you could take inspiration from the photo and use leftover roast beef instead of the .....
- Easy Pan Fried Tuna with a Sesame CrustThis tuna with a sesame crust is a fabulous way to showcase the wonderful flavor of fresh tuna, and you will not believe just how easy this recipe is to make, even if you’re new to cooking fresh fish or don’t often do it Even a total novice in the kitchen will be able to pull this recipe off and end up with a very impressive dish. To make it, you just need some tuna steaks and sesame seeds, both black and white, and then some oil for frying and salt to add extra flavor. In addition to that you will need a big nonstick skillet. Tips for Cooking Tuna with a Sesame Crust There is nothing hard about cooking fresh fish, especially not .....
- Tasty Chinese SeasoningsLearning how to season your Chinese recipes is essential if you want them to be successful. Chinese seasonings can liven up plain dishes. The seasonings used in Chinese recipes create the special flavors which differentiate the regional styles. Sesame oil, oyster sauce, chicken broth and soy sauce are the most commonly used seasonings in Chinese cuisine. These Chinese seasonings can be added before, during or after cooking, depending on the recipe. If you are serving a dish with rice, the seasoning should be heavier than if you were serving it alone. Savory dipping sauces are often served with Chinese recipes, and the most popular Chinese .....
- Cheese Baked OmeletThere are lots of egg recipes to choose from if you want to enjoy eggs for breakfast, and this delicious, filling ingredient can be prepared in various ways. This cheese baked omelet is just one of your options. Boiled, scrambled or fried eggs are always good, or you can make an omelet, either conventionally on the stove, or, if your stove is crowded with other breakfast delights such as bacon, sausage and mushrooms being fried, you can make an omelet in the oven. Keep things easy using just eggs, milk or cream and a little onion to give the omelet some crunch. You can also add extra vegetables like bell pepper, mushrooms or even some .....
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Venison BurgersIf you are in the mood for a change from your usual homemade burger recipes, why not consider a venison burger recipe instead? These blue cheese stuffed venison burgers are very special indeed. Venison is very lean which means it is best to add some fat to the patties. This ensures they will come out juicy and succulent instead of dry. Some people add bacon trimmings to their blue cheese stuffed venison burgers while others will ask their butcher for any pork fat they don’t need (they might give it to you free!) Venison is very tasty and doesn’t need to be seasoned a lot. A little salt and black pepper along with the meat (and .....
- Chinese Napa Cabbage Side DishI made this Chinese Napa cabbage side dish recipe using half a cabbage and half the ingredients, and it made a great dish for 2 people. I made soy sauce chicken to go with it. To make that, you need to slice chicken breast in half across the width, then soak it in soy sauce for an hour and cook on the griddle until cooked through. The 2 dishes together were lovely. You could also serve noodles or rice on the side but I didn’t. This recipe is very easy and it really brings out the Chinese Napa cabbage side dish flavor. Even if you aren’t sure whether or not you are a cabbage fan, this dish is worth trying, and cooking cabbage in .....
- A Closer Look at Starter RecipesLet’s take a closer look at simple starter recipes and find out what they are, when to serve them and how to present them. Starter recipes is the British term for appetizers, and these little treats can be easy to make and very tasty. Smaller dishes can be served before a main course or when you want to make snacks instead of a more filling meal. You can serve them at parties, buffets, get-togethers, cocktail parties and more. If the occasion calls for finger food or a snack, rather than a heavy meal, you can serve such recipes. Plan which ones you are going to serve by thinking about your guests and looking at the rest of the planned .....
- Yeast Infection Diet AdviceYeast infections can manifest in several different areas of your body, and can affect anyone regardless of age or gender. This form of infection is most commonly found in women and will affect the vaginal area. One of the most natural ways to fight this off is following the yeast infection diet. There are several different reasons for the yeast infection to surface, including a poor diet, stress, unhygienic behavior or using antibiotics. Understanding Fungus and Why It is in Your Body Before explaining more about the yeast infection diet, let’s look at this disease in more detail. A yeast infection will occur when the level of natural .....
- Hawaiian Poke Co, Spring | Great Poke in HoustonPoke (pronounced po-kay, let’s get that out of the way first!) is currently a huge craze here in Houston, and actually nationwide. There are poke restaurants springing up all over the place as this tasty way of serving seafood takes off. Talking of ‘springing up’ there is a new poke restaurant in Spring, just north of Houston and south of The Woodlands. Spring is part of the Houston-Sugar Land-Woodlands metropolitan area. Hawaiian Poke Co, Spring, is one of the newcomers to this seafood lovers’ arena. This poke restaurant opened just a few weeks back, occupying Howie’s Tiki bar until 9pm when Howie’s .....