Eggplant has a unique flavor and it works really well as a gratin, when you add a crispy crumb topping and get it really crispy and golden brown. This eggplant gratin could be a side dish for chicken, fish, meat, or even a vegetarian entree served with bread or another starch on the side.
Tasty Versatile Eggplant Gratin
Eggplant, known as aubergine in some places, is easy to find, and you can do plenty with it such as making the classic dish moussaka, in which it is layered with ground meat, or you can batter it and deep-fry it for a crispy snack, or even take a look at the following eggplant gratin recipe and discover this brand new idea for eggplant.
Learning how to make rice salad is very easy and there are so many different ways you can prepare this delicious dish. Rice salad is perfect for lunch or as part of a buffet, and you can also serve it alongside steak or with chicken or fish. Absolutely anyone can make rice salad recipes and once you are familiar with the recipe you can experiment with other ingredients to make the dish taste different.
How to Make Rice Salad: Simple Yet Perfect
There are not many steps you need to make this dish, which is why it is so simple. If you enjoy being creative in the kitchen you will love making it because you can be imaginative with what goes into it. That’s right, learning how to make rice salad is supremely simple.
First you need to cook your rice in a pot on the stove, then drain it and let it cool. Stir in some mayonnaise or another kind of dressing, then add meat, fish, seafood, chicken, vegetables, fruit, herbs, spices, or anything else you fancy. The resulting dish will be unique and wonderful.
Different Rice Salad Recipes
Perhaps you fancy a creamy rice salad made with mayonnaise or sour cream, adding some crunch with peanuts and some fruity sweetness with banana or strawberry slices, or perhaps you would prefer to make a healthy rice salad with lemon vinaigrette and some finely chopped raw veggies and herbs.
Some More Hot Content For You
This oven roasted tomatoes with garlic recipe is perfect if you want a side dish. Combining the natural sweetness of fresh tomatoes with garlic and herbs, this is such a simple recipe and it makes a change from the usual platter of roasted root vegetables, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob or broccoli.
Not that there is anything wrong with those of course but sometimes it’s nice to have a change of pace. Everyone loves tomatoes whether they are canned, fresh, cherry, plum or another kind, because this vegetable (well, technically a fruit) goes with just about everything. Try this oven roasted tomatoes with garlic dish and you’ll see how delicious they can be.
Very easy to prepare, you simply need to slice your tomatoes and then add the oil and seasonings and roast them in the oven. Tomatoes do not take long to cook because they are soft and high in water content. Continue reading
Also known as omurice or omu-rice, omuraisu is a typical Japanese dish featuring fried rice and omelet, and often some ketchup too. Omuraisu is a contraction of the Japanese words for omelet and egg. This omuraisu recipe is not hard to make and you will love the flavor.
This dish can be found in Western style restaurants in Japan as well as in Japanese homes, and it was also introduced to Korea under Japanese rule. You can find it in Taiwan too which was also under Japanese rule for some time. This dish has been around since the early 1900s.
Different Kinds of Omurice
Chicken rice, chicken and vegetable rice or beef rice can be wrapped in a thin fried egg sheet to make an omuraisu recipe. Sometimes ketchup or white sauce is added to the rice. Continue reading
These delicious spicy Thai corn fritters are so quick and simple to put together and they make a tasty appetizer or side dish.
All you need to make these is some corn kernels (you can use drained canned corn, or even thawed corn kernels), a little flour and an egg. Then to finish off you just need some minced or finely chopped chili pepper and a little Thai fish sauce.
How to Serve Thai Corn Fritters
Try these as a side dish or appetizer, or make them as the main dish, perhaps with some tasty salad on the side. You might like to make a batch of Thai appetizers to showcase these, so everyone can try different Thai treats, or else just make these as they are and serve with rice or else just a simple Thai dipping sauce. Continue reading
This is a quick and easy side dish which is very low in calories but goes perfectly alongside any Indian meal, especially if it is something creamy. Try this spinach chickpea side dish with a curry or even over rice.
Often, with Indian food, you will want to contrast your dishes, so for example if you have something creamy you will want something very savory or even acidic to go alongside it.
If you are serving something spicy, you might wish to serve something sweet with it. Contrasts make the whole meal harmonious and well balanced.
The following spinach chickpea side dish recipe features spinach and chickpeas (or garbanzo beans, as they are also called). I wanted to make something which would go well with chicken tikka masala but didn’t want to take the rice/noodles/naan bread route, so I came up with this dish which was incredibly good. Continue reading
- No Meat Peanut CrackslawSimilar to our other recipes for crackslaw yet slightly different because of the peanut butter and the lack of meat, this one is a nice change of pace. Just like with the other recipes though you should feel free to adapt this peanut crackslaw recipe and make it however you prefer. If you want to use meat, go ahead, choosing from beef, pork, chicken – as long as it is ground that is fine. Check the label to make sure it is 100% meat and no fillers. This peanut crackslaw is really simple to make. If you do want to use ground meat, cook that first, then empty it out of the wok and proceed with step 1. Add the meat back in the end and .....
- Best Halloween Costumes EverIdeas for Witty Halloween Costumes Funny Halloween costumes may seem a strange choice but they can often make the biggest impact at the party. Not everyone wants to be a regular zombie or ghost, so maybe you are looking out for the best Halloween costumes to wow everyone on this special night. Therefore, choosing a costume which is amusing will ensure that you represent your personality, and dress up as something different this year. Not only will you get a laugh for your clever costume, but also for turning up as something totally unexpected at the Halloween event you are going to. Thinking out of the Box and Appealing to Everyone You have .....
- Squid Cooking TipsCooking squid is not difficult and it is important to be aware of that. Too many cooks quit before they even begin, not knowing how straightforward this type of seafood is to prepare. Read the following squid cooking tips and find out how to prepare and cook this wonderful ‘fruit of the sea’. Step by Step Guide If you are faced with a whole squid the first thing you need to do is pull the tentacles away from the body. Reach up inside the body for the quill, which is going to feel like a shard of plastic. Pull this down, out of the squid, and throw it away. Rinse inside the ‘hood’ (squid body) with cold running water. .....
- 7 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh RecipesChicken thighs are a wonderful option. Not only are they cheap and easy to find, but they are also very tasty, boating plenty of flavor. You can make all kinds of delicious boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes and you are sure to adore the taste. Unlike chicken breast, which can dry out quickly, the higher fat content in chicken thighs keeps them succulent and moist. They are forgiving even if you overcook them a bit. If you spot some on sale in the grocery store, grab them because there are plenty of wonderful boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes you can rustle up using chicken thighs. You can expect a great flavor from a good chicken .....
- Dairy Free Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Chives RecipeNot being able to eat dairy does not limit your starter options. Just look at this dairy free grilled asparagus recipe. This delicious grilled asparagus is served in a lemon and chive dressing. It is a light starter which goes well with almost any main course. Dairy Free Grilled Asparagus: Freshness Counts with Asparagus Asparagus is seasonal but you will find it all year round because it is imported. If you can get fresh, local asparagus during the spring though, it is highly recommended. Obviously anything grown nearby is going to taste superior to something grown halfway around the world and shipped in. So get fresh asparagus wherever .....
- Beef and Carrot CrackslawCarrots have more carbs than a lot of other vegetables, so you would not want to make this beef and carrot crackslaw recipe on Atkins Induction, for example, but if you like the sweetness of carrots, then perhaps you will love this recipe, because the carrots are particularly nice with the beef, onions and Chinese seasonings. This crack slaw recipe is full of flavor. To cut some of the carbs, if you want to do that, swap half the carrots for shredded cabbage, or else you might like to throw in some mushrooms (Chinese mushrooms or just button ones) if you prefer. Which Order to Cook the Ingredients In Although you can make this beef and .....
- How to Make Wontons Like a ProThe first thing you need to do when making wontons is familiarize yourself with how these bite-sized treats are made, and find out what you need to make wontons. Knowing how to make wontons doesn’t require a whole lot of training. Practice makes perfect and really, it’s easy! You also need to decide what type of wonton recipe you wish to prepare. Do you want to make a classic wonton soup recipe or would you like to start off with baked wontons or fried ones? You can even steam them if you have a bamboo steamer and you want a softer texture. Once you have found a good recipe for your wonton filling, you can assemble your wontons .....
- Apple and Parsnip Soup RecipeParsnip is a great ingredient for soups because it goes well with other vegetables or with fruit and has a great flavor. You can grow your own parsnips if you live somewhere cold because they don’t reach their peak until they’ve had a couple of hard frosts. This apple and parsnip soup recipe is easy to make and really good for any season. It makes pretty good comfort food too! Beautiful Flavor Combo This apple and parsnip soup recipe is warming and what I especially love about it is the combination of sweet and savory it offers. The apple is of course sweet while the parsnip is mostly savory but with a special, natural sweetness .....
- Starter Recipes for All SeasonsThere is no rule that you have to serve cold starters in the spring or summer and nor is there a rule to say you have to serve thick, warming ones in the winter months. However, it can be nice to match them to the seasons as well as to your guests and the main course. You will find there are starter recipes for all seasons if you want to use seasonal produce to make the most delicious appetizers. For example, if the weather is warm your guests might fancy something light and refreshing and that goes for the drinks as well as the food. If the weather is cold, a hearty soup recipe or something hot, crispy and spicy might be well appreciated. .....
- 30 of the Best Easy Chili RecipesLook at this tempting selection of recipes and consider making chili for dinner tonight. After reading some of these easy chili recipes perhaps you won’t be able to resist! Nothing beats yummy chili, after all. Chili con carne is so simple to make and it is really flavorful. Here we have not only 30 recipes for chili but also plenty of hints and tips to ensure yours comes out really well, and also some videos and other suggestions to ensure your best chili recipes are always a huge success, and something you will eagerly anticipate making again and again. Chili con carne has a rich history with much speculation regarding where the dish .....