Cauliflower rice, also known as cauli rice, is a low-calorie, low-carb alternative to regular rice. You can make it with a food processor or, if you don’t have one, a cheese grater. There are different ways to cook cauliflower rice recipes too, such as on the stove, in the oven, or even in the microwave. Although cauliflower obviously doesn’t share the exact same flavor as rice, you can get the appearance and texture very close.
It is well worth knowing how to make cauliflower rice recipes, even if you are not trying to reduce your carb or calorie intake. Cauliflower is rich in protein, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamins C, K, B6, potassium, manganese and pantothenic acid. It is very low in cholesterol and saturated fat.
Whether you are looking for a paleo cauliflower rice, Mexican cauliflower rice or coconut cauliflower rice recipe, or something else, there are certainly a lot of different recipes to choose from, both mild and spicy, traditional and exotic, vegetarian, vegan and anything else you can think of.
Cauliflower rice, or cauli rice as it is affectionately known, is a wonderful substitute for rice, offering a mere fraction of the calories and carbs or rice, yet offering a very similar texture and a neutral flavor. You can do so much with it and there are plenty of cauliflower rice recipes to choose from. This cauli rice with orange, lime and cilantro recipe is easy to prepare and it’s yummy!
I like to use a medium or strong-flavored sauce to disguise the cauliflower flavor – not that cauliflower has much of a taste at all, but just to make it as rice-like as possible. Try Chinese rice with cauliflower instead of rice, or consider Mexican cauli rice or Italian flavors.
It is easy to prepare this cauli rice with orange, lime and cilantro recipe if you have a food processor. Simply break a fresh cauliflower into florets and whiz them in the food processor until rice grain-sized. If you don’t have a food processor that is okay, just use a cheese grater instead. It will take longer and you will get a similar result. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
Sweet potato fries are always good and they pair well with many a snack – with sandwiches, burgers, ribs, or even just some ketchup to dip them in! However, many of us have the problem of homemade sweet potato fries being, well, not crispy enough. That’s why you need to know the secret of crispy sweet potato fries.
I’ve never had real success with my oven baked sweet potato fries but what I have discovered is a great recipe to get them super-crispy using a deep fryer and I am sharing my recipe with you below.
Why Use Sweet Potatoes for Fries
The reason I use sweet potato fries is my husband is diabetic and white potatoes tend to send his blood sugar soaring. Carisma potatoes (the diabetic-friendly potato) don’t fry that great (although they mash like a dream!)
Feel free to tweak the spices you are using. Also, if you don’t have soda water just use plain tap water. I have done that and it doesn’t make a lot of difference to your crispy sweet potato fries.
The batter gives the fries amazing crispness and the seasonings taste amazing in these as well. Serve these crispy sweet potato fries hot alongside your favorite meal and wait for all those compliments to come your way! Continue reading
I love all kinds of noodles but soba noodles are my favorite. The word ‘soba’ means ‘buckwheat’ in Japanese and it also refers to thin, buckwheat noodles. In Japan the word refers to any thin noodles. These can be served hot or cold, with a dipping sauce or in soup or you could make an easy soba salad. Buckwheat can be harvested 4 times a year because it takes 3 months to reach maturity and be ready for harvesting.
Soba noodles are sold at railway stations in Japan, and they also feature on the menus in high-end restaurants, making them a versatile component in a variety of dishes, not just easy soba salad recipes.
Soba noodles are often drained and chilled in the summer, or served hot with a soy dashi broth in the colder months. Easy soba salad is a popular summertime treat. They might be served with soba tsuyu, a type of dipping sauce, on the side, and maybe bits of dried nori seaweed on top.
The diner will use chopsticks to pick up some noodles and dip them in the sauce. Green onions and wasabi might be mixed into the sauce. Hot broth changes their consistency, which is why a lot of people prefer to have them cold. In Japan, the water in which the noodles were cooked is often drunk after the noodles have been eaten, with the leftover sauce mixed in for flavor. Continue reading
What is a watermelon radish, you might be wondering. It could be you have spotted watermelon radishes at your local market and you are curious what to do with such a vegetable. What kind of watermelon radish recipes are there? Maybe you are looking for a good watermelon recipe. Well I purchased some of these at my local market, and I have been experimenting!
First of all, what is a watermelon radish anyway? Well, this vegetable is an edible globular root with green leaves and thin stems. The outside is whitish and the flesh is bright pink. It is tender-crisp and firm in texture. It tastes mild and a little peppery. You might taste some almond in there when enjoying your watermelon radish recipes.
This vegetable varies in size between a golf ball and a softball, and you should choose ones which have smooth crack-free skins. You can get watermelon radishes all through the year, although spring and late fall are the peak season for them. This heirloom Chinese daikon radish belongs to the mustard (brassica) family. A watermelon radish is a good source of vitamin C, especially when you enjoy it raw. Continue reading
So what do you do when you have leftover mashed potatoes? It’s a waste to throw them out, but who wants to reheat them and risk cold lumps or dried out mash? Let me come to your rescue with my best leftover mashed potatoes recipe ideas.
Through experimenting I’ve come up with a really good way to use up leftover mashed potato, and this recipe is easy to make and really good. It goes with everything! I made the original mashed potatoes using half Carisma and half sweet potato (my husband’s diabetic so we avoid regular mash) but as usual I made too much!
One of the Best Leftover Mashed Potatoes Recipe Ideas
I mashed a little sour cream into the leftovers, then spread them in a baking dish, topped with parmesan and panko breadcrumbs, and baked in the oven until hot, and until the panko was golden brown. The flavor is really good. The potatoes are piping hot and the texture stays the same. It doesn’t taste like reheated leftovers. Trust me, this is one of the best leftover mashed potatoes recipe dishes you can make.
There are other things to do with leftover mashed potatoes, such as combining them with leftover vegetables, covering in flour and pan-frying in oil until crispy, but this crispy panko mashed potatoes dish is especially good.
The following best leftover mashed potatoes recipe doesn’t mention quantities because I don’t know how much leftover mash you have, but just use a little sour cream then add parmesan and panko to cover in a thin layer. If the panko browns too fast, wrap some foil around the baking dish. If it doesn’t brown enough give it a couple minutes under the broiler at the end.
- Dim SumDim sum, which translates to mean ‘to dot your heart’ refers to small dishes eaten as snacks. These can be baked, deep-fried, steamed or braised, and they are presented well and delicious too. Examples of dim sum include har gao, steamed shrimp dumplings in a rice flour pastry, char siu bao, which are roast pork-filled steamed buns, lor bak ko, which is turnip cake, and woo kok, which is shrimp with Chinese mushrooms. A lot of dim sum restaurants also offer congee porridge, soups, steamed green vegetables and roasted meats. The serving size is small and you usually get three or four pieces in one dish. Dim sum is eaten with a cup .....
- Seafood Stuffed SquidThis classic recipe for seafood stuffed squid combines shrimp, fish and squid to make a seafood-rich meal. You will need large squid for this. Each one is stuffed with shrimp, and fish and then you make a sauce using tomato, paprika, bread, wine and onion which goes over the squid. The sauce flavors the squid, adds moisture to the dish and also looks good on the plate when you serve the seafood stuffed squid. Cut the squid into slices to serve for the best-looking result. The filling for this seafood stuffed squid should match the amount of squid but if you have any leftover squid including the tentacles, you can cut it into rings and .....
- Low Carb Tortilla PizzaThis low carb tortilla pizza is incredibly good and it takes about 10 minutes to make and the same again to cook. Whether or not you have made pizza before, you will find this low carb tortilla pizza incredibly simple, and the sky is the limit as far as toppings are concerned. Use a low-carb tortilla to make your pizza. I recommend the Mama Lupe ones because they’re so good and only 3 carbs (and 60 calories) each. And they are the closest in flavor to regular tortillas. I also tried the La Tortilla brand for my low carb tortilla pizza because those are only 50 calories each but… nope not as good as the Mama Lupe ones. This low .....
- Cheese Wontons with Homemade Hot SauceThis easy appetizer recipe combines cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce. You could use store-bought hot sauce but where’s the fun in that? Now cheese is certainly not a Chinese staple, which is why it is never seen on the menu in authentic Chinese food restaurants, but wonton skins go so well with cheese that not including a few cheese wontons recipes would be sinful! Yes these cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce do include dairy, which isn’t found in much Chinese cuisine or Asian cuisine in general, but try it and see. It works nicely. Which Cheese to Use This cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce recipe calls for Monterey Jack .....
- Spanish Paprika ChickenChicken is a popular ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine, and this Spanish inspired recipe makes the most of chicken thighs, a naturally juicy, flavor-packed part of the bird. Chicken thighs tend to be more economical than chicken breasts, and they also offer more juiciness and a richer flavor, so you have a win-win situation if you choose to buy them and use them in this Spanish paprika chicken recipe. Look out for discounted ones because they freeze beautifully. What to Use in Spanish Paprika Chicken We are adding onion and garlic to our Spanish paprika chicken, along with red wine vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, paprika, chicken stock and .....
- Potato Pierogi RecipeThis potato pierogi recipe is one of my favorites, but what are pierogi exactly? Well, pierogi are unleavened dough dumplings which are boiled and then fried or baked in butter. They can be stuffed with potatoes, ground meat, fruit, cheese, sauerkraut, or something else. Pierogi are normally half moon shape but they can also be triangular or rectangular. Not to be confused with pirog (Russian pies) or pirozhki (Russian stuffed fried buns), pierogi are small enough to be served several at a time, which is why the plural of the word is used when talking about them. These little snacks are popular in Russia, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, .....
- Chilled Crunchy Raw Crack SlawThis raw crack slaw recipe shows you how to make coleslaw style crackslaw. While crack slaw is usually made hot in a wok and served like a Chinese dish, this recipe is different, surprisingly so if you have made the regular kind a few times already. Instead of being cooked the cabbage mixture is tossed together cold and then you let it stand until the flavors are better blended. Then serve it raw. Yep, this is a recipe for raw crack slaw, and it tastes fantastic! Flavored with all the best ingredients like vinegar, citrus juice and sesame oil, this raw crack slaw will fulfill all your hunger pangs and leave you really satisfied. Serve it .....
- Best Toaster Oven Under $30Buy the best toaster oven for less than $30 and be assured it will be perfect quality. Perhaps you have read some reviews of toaster ovens or maybe you are just thinking about adding one to your kitchen. Non stick cookware toasters review articles are essential to provide you with the information you need to decide if this toaster will suit your needs and budget. Toaster ovens are cheaper to run than large ones, so you can save money if you are just cooking or reheating a small amount of food. They will not overheat your kitchen the way large ovens can either, which is another benefit of the best toaster oven......
- 30 of the Best Easy Chili RecipesLook at this tempting selection of recipes and consider making chili for dinner tonight. After reading some of these easy chili recipes perhaps you won’t be able to resist! Nothing beats yummy chili, after all. Chili con carne is so simple to make and it is really flavorful. Here we have not only 30 recipes for chili but also plenty of hints and tips to ensure yours comes out really well, and also some videos and other suggestions to ensure your best chili recipes are always a huge success, and something you will eagerly anticipate making again and again. Chili con carne has a rich history with much speculation regarding where the dish .....
- 3 Ingredient Cajun Griddled SalmonSalmon is one of my favorite fish to cook. It is high in omega-3’s which are essential for good health and the flavor is just amazing. That’s why I enjoy making this 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon recipe. Sometimes I like to spice it up by adding Cajun, Mexican or Indian spices, but other times I like the salmon just as it is, perhaps with a squeeze of lemon or just some salt and pepper. Salmon is nice added to a risotto or quiche. There are so many things you can do with this wonderful fish. The following 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon recipe just requires 3 ingredients, and those are some Cajun seasoning which you can .....