Cauliflower rice, also known as cauli rice, is a low-calorie, low-carb alternative to regular rice. You can make it with a food processor or, if you don’t have one, a cheese grater. There are different ways to cook cauliflower rice recipes too, such as on the stove, in the oven, or even in the microwave. Although cauliflower obviously doesn’t share the exact same flavor as rice, you can get the appearance and texture very close.
It is well worth knowing how to make cauliflower rice recipes, even if you are not trying to reduce your carb or calorie intake. Cauliflower is rich in protein, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamins C, K, B6, potassium, manganese and pantothenic acid. It is very low in cholesterol and saturated fat.
Whether you are looking for a paleo cauliflower rice, Mexican cauliflower rice or coconut cauliflower rice recipe, or something else, there are certainly a lot of different recipes to choose from, both mild and spicy, traditional and exotic, vegetarian, vegan and anything else you can think of.
Cauliflower rice, or cauli rice as it is affectionately known, is a wonderful substitute for rice, offering a mere fraction of the calories and carbs or rice, yet offering a very similar texture and a neutral flavor. You can do so much with it and there are plenty of cauliflower rice recipes to choose from. This cauli rice with orange, lime and cilantro recipe is easy to prepare and it’s yummy!
I like to use a medium or strong-flavored sauce to disguise the cauliflower flavor – not that cauliflower has much of a taste at all, but just to make it as rice-like as possible. Try Chinese rice with cauliflower instead of rice, or consider Mexican cauli rice or Italian flavors.
It is easy to prepare this cauli rice with orange, lime and cilantro recipe if you have a food processor. Simply break a fresh cauliflower into florets and whiz them in the food processor until rice grain-sized. If you don’t have a food processor that is okay, just use a cheese grater instead. It will take longer and you will get a similar result. Continue reading
Some More Hot Content For You
Sweet potato fries are always good and they pair well with many a snack – with sandwiches, burgers, ribs, or even just some ketchup to dip them in! However, many of us have the problem of homemade sweet potato fries being, well, not crispy enough. That’s why you need to know the secret of crispy sweet potato fries.
I’ve never had real success with my oven baked sweet potato fries but what I have discovered is a great recipe to get them super-crispy using a deep fryer and I am sharing my recipe with you below.
Why Use Sweet Potatoes for Fries
The reason I use sweet potato fries is my husband is diabetic and white potatoes tend to send his blood sugar soaring. Carisma potatoes (the diabetic-friendly potato) don’t fry that great (although they mash like a dream!)
Feel free to tweak the spices you are using. Also, if you don’t have soda water just use plain tap water. I have done that and it doesn’t make a lot of difference to your crispy sweet potato fries.
The batter gives the fries amazing crispness and the seasonings taste amazing in these as well. Serve these crispy sweet potato fries hot alongside your favorite meal and wait for all those compliments to come your way! Continue reading
I love all kinds of noodles but soba noodles are my favorite. The word ‘soba’ means ‘buckwheat’ in Japanese and it also refers to thin, buckwheat noodles. In Japan the word refers to any thin noodles. These can be served hot or cold, with a dipping sauce or in soup or you could make an easy soba salad. Buckwheat can be harvested 4 times a year because it takes 3 months to reach maturity and be ready for harvesting.
Soba noodles are sold at railway stations in Japan, and they also feature on the menus in high-end restaurants, making them a versatile component in a variety of dishes, not just easy soba salad recipes.
Soba noodles are often drained and chilled in the summer, or served hot with a soy dashi broth in the colder months. Easy soba salad is a popular summertime treat. They might be served with soba tsuyu, a type of dipping sauce, on the side, and maybe bits of dried nori seaweed on top.
The diner will use chopsticks to pick up some noodles and dip them in the sauce. Green onions and wasabi might be mixed into the sauce. Hot broth changes their consistency, which is why a lot of people prefer to have them cold. In Japan, the water in which the noodles were cooked is often drunk after the noodles have been eaten, with the leftover sauce mixed in for flavor. Continue reading
What is a watermelon radish, you might be wondering. It could be you have spotted watermelon radishes at your local market and you are curious what to do with such a vegetable. What kind of watermelon radish recipes are there? Maybe you are looking for a good watermelon recipe. Well I purchased some of these at my local market, and I have been experimenting!
First of all, what is a watermelon radish anyway? Well, this vegetable is an edible globular root with green leaves and thin stems. The outside is whitish and the flesh is bright pink. It is tender-crisp and firm in texture. It tastes mild and a little peppery. You might taste some almond in there when enjoying your watermelon radish recipes.
This vegetable varies in size between a golf ball and a softball, and you should choose ones which have smooth crack-free skins. You can get watermelon radishes all through the year, although spring and late fall are the peak season for them. This heirloom Chinese daikon radish belongs to the mustard (brassica) family. A watermelon radish is a good source of vitamin C, especially when you enjoy it raw. Continue reading
So what do you do when you have leftover mashed potatoes? It’s a waste to throw them out, but who wants to reheat them and risk cold lumps or dried out mash? Let me come to your rescue with my best leftover mashed potatoes recipe ideas.
Through experimenting I’ve come up with a really good way to use up leftover mashed potato, and this recipe is easy to make and really good. It goes with everything! I made the original mashed potatoes using half Carisma and half sweet potato (my husband’s diabetic so we avoid regular mash) but as usual I made too much!
One of the Best Leftover Mashed Potatoes Recipe Ideas
I mashed a little sour cream into the leftovers, then spread them in a baking dish, topped with parmesan and panko breadcrumbs, and baked in the oven until hot, and until the panko was golden brown. The flavor is really good. The potatoes are piping hot and the texture stays the same. It doesn’t taste like reheated leftovers. Trust me, this is one of the best leftover mashed potatoes recipe dishes you can make.
There are other things to do with leftover mashed potatoes, such as combining them with leftover vegetables, covering in flour and pan-frying in oil until crispy, but this crispy panko mashed potatoes dish is especially good.
The following best leftover mashed potatoes recipe doesn’t mention quantities because I don’t know how much leftover mash you have, but just use a little sour cream then add parmesan and panko to cover in a thin layer. If the panko browns too fast, wrap some foil around the baking dish. If it doesn’t brown enough give it a couple minutes under the broiler at the end.
- Very Low Carb Bread RecipeThere is low carb bread and there is this very low carb bread recipe. If you’ve been doing Atkins or low carbing for a while, you will have tried some of the more ‘eggy’ or ‘dense’ breads and while they are passable (just!) they aren’t exactly a good bread substitute. Some low carbers will forgo the bread entirely, choosing to wrap their burger or sandwich in a large lettuce leaf instead and while there is nothing wrong with that, sometimes it’s nice to have something a bit chewier and more bready, even if it isn’t going to be that high-carb processed stuff you used to eat before. There are .....
- Artichoke Dip RecipeHaving a party? Try this artichoke dip recipe! This is a great dip which is ideal with crackers or crudites such as celery and carrot slices. This artichoke dip recipe is also delicious with warm toasted bread. Artichokes are something a lot of people overlook in the grocery store but they are really nice, and you can use fresh or canned ones in so many recipes, such as baked pasta dishes and soups. A lot of artichoke dips feature spinach but this one doesn’t, just to make it more unique. The artichoke offers plenty of flavor of its own and does not require backup in the form of spinach. The dip comes out an off-white color because of .....
- Bathroom Redesign, Remodeling and DecoratingThe biggest challenge in remodeling a bathroom is probably working out how to achieve the style and build in the features you want within the limits of what is probably the smallest room in your house. A second limiting factor is the location of existing plumbing pipes and electrical wiring. You need to bear this in mind when considering bathroom redesign. Remodeling a bathroom is relatively easy if you don’t have to move those. If you make radical changes in the existing layout, you’ll need to investigate whether or not you can build what you want without making structural changes. Bear in mind that you might require a building .....
- Japanese Beef Teriyaki RecipeThis Japanese beef teriyaki recipe is so delicious. It looks good, smells wonderful and tastes even better. Beef teriyaki is a very popular Japanese dish and can be served as a starter or as part of a main course. Serve this before your chicken or fish main course perhaps, and you can even continue the Asian theme by having a Chinese main dish. What is Teriyaki Sauce? The teriyaki sauce for this Japanese beef teriyaki recipe can be bought or made fresh, and it is a sweet, thick, dark sauce. Chicken is nice with teriyaki and beef is also good.If you like sweet, sticky sauces you will certainly like this one. It offers a typical flavor and .....
- Lebanese Cucumber Soup RecipeThis Lebanese cucumber soup recipe is a chilled soup. These soups are popular in the Middle East and you will find chilled soups very refreshing if you’re not used to them. Adding fresh mint helps with the cooling effect. Live, natural yogurt is a great ingredient because it’s very good for the digestion. Have you tried chilled soup before? The first chilled soup I ever tried was gazpacho, that tomato and vegetable soup from Spain which is always tasty and refreshing. I have also tried chilled watermelon soup and a strawberry soup too one time in a restaurant. This Lebanese cucumber soup recipe is different though because it is .....
- Best Avocado Potato SaladHave you ever tried avocado in your potato salad? If not, make some avocado potato salad now because it is really tasty! The avocado adds a creamy, nutty, decadent touch to the potato salad which works so well. This avocado potato salad goes beautifully as a side dish alongside chicken, burgers or any other meat, or try it with fish or something else. Make this once and you are sure to want to make it again and again, and don’t be surprised if everyone asks you for the recipe. Which Potatoes to Use in Avocado Potato Salad We are using baby red-skinned potatoes here but you can use brown-skinned ones if you wish, or even larger potatoes .....
- Dim SumDim sum, which translates to mean ‘to dot your heart’ refers to small dishes eaten as snacks. These can be baked, deep-fried, steamed or braised, and they are presented well and delicious too. Examples of dim sum include har gao, steamed shrimp dumplings in a rice flour pastry, char siu bao, which are roast pork-filled steamed buns, lor bak ko, which is turnip cake, and woo kok, which is shrimp with Chinese mushrooms. A lot of dim sum restaurants also offer congee porridge, soups, steamed green vegetables and roasted meats. The serving size is small and you usually get three or four pieces in one dish. Dim sum is eaten with a cup .....
- Homemade Pizza on French BreadPizza comes frozen or from the pizza delivery place or from your local Italian restaurant. But wait, what about the best pizza? Well that would be the kind you make yourself at home! Honest, it’s so quick and easy to make pizza yourself and you don’t even have to make the dough. This homemade pizza on French bread will have the kids (and grownups) beating down the kitchen door, it smells so good! The quickest pizza recipe probably has to be this tortilla pizza but next up you have baguette pizza or French bread pizza, which is French bread, French stick or baguette bread (however you call it) topped with tomato sauce and pizza .....
- Easy Banana Cheesecake with a Vanilla CrustThere are many types of cheesecake to choose from – chocolate, caramel, strawberry… the list goes on. Banana cheesecake is especially good though, and better still it is easy to make. This dessert is wonderful after any kind of main dish and you will probably want seconds because it’s so good! Our recipe uses vanilla wafer cookies and butter to make the crust, then the main layer is made with mashed bananas, sugar, cornstarch, eggs, cream and vanilla. The banana cheesecake is baked briefly in a hot oven then finished off in a cooler oven. When the middle is nearly set but still a little jiggly it is done. How to Serve this .....
- How to Make a Cassoulet the French WayA cassoulet is a slow-cooked casserole with meat (usually pork sausage, duck, mutton or goose) as well as white haricot beans and pork skin. This dish originated in the South of France, and is named after the casserole dish it is made in. Discover how to make a cassoulet the French way and you will be able to rustle up this wonderful meaty treat any time comfort food is the order of the day. There are lots of regional variations on cassoulet, although all of them feature white beans. Crackling (crispy fried pork rind) and fried bread cubes are often scattered on top before serving. Is your mouth watering yet? If not, keep reading and it will .....