Baked Chicken Wings with Paprika and Cayenne
These baked chicken wings are so good. If you are in the mood for chicken wings but you don’t want to fry them, try this recipe instead because they come out just as crispy as fried wings but are healthier because they aren’t going to be submerged in fat.
A Flavorful Coating for Baked Chicken Wings
The coating is made with flour, paprika, garlic salt, pepper and cayenne, and the wings are cooked in a little butter to crisp them up and stop them sticking to the baking dish. Swap the cayenne pepper for Hungarian paprika if you want, or the garlic salt for regular salt and a pinch of garlic powder, and the flavor of our baked chicken wings will be very similar.
This baked chicken wings recipe can be doubled or tripled easily enough if you want to feed a crowd rather than just make a snack or meal for a couple of people. The chicken wings refrigerate well and they even stay crispy so you can enjoy them cold the next day with a salad perhaps, or take some to work with you.
Easy and Sure to Be Popular
This easy baked chicken wings recipe is one you will find yourself making often because the chicken is so flavorful and it comes out moist and juicy. Also, this is a good recipe if you are watching your figure because it’s healthier than fried chicken.
- 10 chicken wings, tips removed
- 1⁄3 cup (45g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cut the wings at the joints.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Ensure the chicken wings are thawed and use paper towels to dry them.
- Mix the flour with the paprika, pepper, garlic salt and cayenne pepper in a Ziploc bag.
- Shake to mix, then add the wings and shake again.
- Put foil on a baking sheet and melt the butter on it in the oven.
- Add the wings to the baking sheet and turn to coat.
- Bake in the oven for half an hour.
- Turn them over and bake for another 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve these baked chicken wings hot or warm.
Photo by: Apolonia, at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Some More Hot Content For You
- Sauteed Jerusalem Artichoke RecipeAlso known as sunchokes, Jerusalem artichokes should not be confused with globe artichokes. This tuber or root vegetable, also known as earth apple, sunroot or topinambour, is in the same family as the sunflower, and there is a Jerusalem artichoke recipe for every palate once you know how to cook this tuber. They are perhaps easier to find in Europe than in the United States, although the roots are often used to make inulin, which is used as a source of dietary fiber in processed food instead of other fillers such as sugar. Jerusalem artichokes are high in potassium, iron and thiamin, low in calories, and a great source of fiber. They are .....
- Lamb Crackslaw with Hoisin SauceThis recipes uses leftover lamb, but you could use any leftover meat to make it. Just chop it into small pieces and then you can add it to the recipe. The vegetables add flavor and color to the dish, and you can feel free to use your favorites. I love lamb crackslaw because it’s tasty and oh so filling. If you want to swap the carrot for broccoli, for example, go ahead. This could be served with a starch on the side, but I usually just have it as it is, because it is satisfying enough like that. In fact it is really filling. This recipe is really appealing and even if you are not following a low carb diet you will love it. Hoisin sauce .....
- Authentic Italian Meatballs with BasilThese delicious and authentic Italian meatballs with basil can be served hot or cold and they make a really nice starter recipe. Serve them with a tomato-based dip or a creamy dip for the best results. You can use a shop-bought tomato salsa or garlic mayonnaise dip if you want to, or put something together yourself. Different Kinds of Meatballs There are lots of meatballs recipes to choose from and you have probably tasted Swedish meatballs, pork meatballs or other meatballs recipes before. This recipe for authentic Italian meatballs with basil is very simple and the meatballs are steamed rather than fried or baked, to keep them juicy and .....
- Carrot and Chestnut Soup RecipeCarrot is an ingredient which is used in many different soup recipes and if you make this delicious carrot and chestnut soup recipe, you will discover that it is very tasty alongside chestnuts too. This is a rich and creamy soup as well as being vitamin-rich and very healthy as well. Why Carrot and Chestnut? Carrot and orange soup is a popular type but carrot and chestnut is not so well known. If you often make popular soups such as chicken noodle soup, potato soup, pumpkin soup or beef and tomato soups, why not try this carrot and chestnut soup recipe for a change? Some More Hot Content For You Greek Lamb Pasta Bake with Feta Elegant Old .....
- Hot and Sour Squid SoupHot and sour soup is a lovely Chinese dish, featuring chili, vegetables and more, but this recipe takes the recipe to the next level adding squid to the mix, so you can enjoy the wonderfully soft texture of that in the soup. A hot and sour squid soup might sound like an exotic recipe but it is really easy to make. Take a look at the following hot and sour squid soup recipe and you will see how anyone could put this together. Feel free to make it as spicy or as mild as you like. If you are feeling under the weather or you think you are getting a cold or the flu, up the spices to help fight it off! You can make this soup as an appetizer or .....
- Thai Corn FrittersThese delicious spicy Thai corn fritters are so quick and simple to put together and they make a tasty appetizer or side dish. All you need to make these is some corn kernels (you can use drained canned corn, or even thawed corn kernels), a little flour and an egg. Then to finish off you just need some minced or finely chopped chili pepper and a little Thai fish sauce. How to Serve Thai Corn Fritters Try these as a side dish or appetizer, or make them as the main dish, perhaps with some tasty salad on the side. You might like to make a batch of Thai appetizers to showcase these, so everyone can try different Thai treats, or else just make .....
- Best Concealer for Dark CirclesAttempting to find the best concealer for dark circles may be daunting; however, there are some incredible products available, which can help with this common problem. Many women suffer with dark circles, which can be caused by numerous reasons. Lack of sleep, age, allergies and a poor diet can all result in your eyes appearing tired and darker than average. Ensure Your Eyes Look Incredible Your eyes are one of your best features, and they should look incredible at all times to give you confidence, and make you feel sexy. Natural remedies are often advised but using a top quality concealer, is a fantastic way to ensure that your confidence .....
- Starter Recipes for All SeasonsThere is no rule that you have to serve cold starters in the spring or summer and nor is there a rule to say you have to serve thick, warming ones in the winter months. However, it can be nice to match them to the seasons as well as to your guests and the main course. You will find there are starter recipes for all seasons if you want to use seasonal produce to make the most delicious appetizers. For example, if the weather is warm your guests might fancy something light and refreshing and that goes for the drinks as well as the food. If the weather is cold, a hearty soup recipe or something hot, crispy and spicy might be well appreciated. .....
- Incredible Pink Diamond RingsLook at these amazing pink diamond rings. Every lady loves diamonds. They are a girl’s best friend after all. But pink ones can be truly stunning, and they are really popular at the moment, especially in celebrity circles. Have you seen a real pink diamond? These stones are incredible. You can get real, lab-created or imitation pink diamonds of varying qualities. So pick something which fits not only your style but your budget. Different Options for Different Budgets You can get a pink ‘diamondlike’ CZ ring for $20 or a high quality genuine one for $10,000. It depends how much you are willing to spend on pink diamond rings. .....
- Dutch Speklappen or Speklapjes RecipeI’ve been living in Holland for several years and cooked speklappen, also known as speklapjes, for my husband a number of times. Speklappen or speklapjes (the same thing) means pork belly slices. You can get these quite cheap and they are easy to cook. Also, you can use them in a number of different recipes including the following Dutch speklappen or speklapjes recipe. The best way to cook these is in a little oil. Get the oil hot in a skillet or frying pan, then add the speklapjes in one layer and fry them. You will see them turn golden brown and crispy. Flip them halfway through cooking so they cook evenly on both sides. You can .....