Aromatic Crab Cakes Recipe
This lovely crab cakes recipe makes a great starter or lunch and you can imagine how beautiful they smell while they are cooking. Everyone wants to know how to make the best crab cakes and this recipe will show you how easy it is to make this popular dish.
The crab cakes recipe includes potato, flour and eggs, which are basil ingredients and used to give the crab cakes the right consistency, as well as aromatic ingredients such as chilies, lime and fresh coriander.
The flavor is really nice, and you are sure to appreciate they have a wonderful homemade charm. Yes could can buy crab cakes in the supermarket but they will have nowhere near such a fantastic taste! Here is a recipe for Western fish cakes if you want a simpler style.
Serve these lovely fish cakes with a nice dipping sauce. Try mixing 200 ml of sweet chilli sauce with 150 ml of mayonnaise, 50 ml of fish sauce, and a tablespoon of soy sauce, for a delicious dip. The fish sauce is available from an Asian supermarket, or perhaps from your local one.
- 1 raw potato, grated then squeezed through cheesecloth
- 1 chopped bunch of cilantro (fresh coriander)
- 2 sliced small red chilies
- 200g (7 oz) mashed potato
- 1 tablespoon red Thai curry paste, thinned with a little warm water if need be
- 300g (10½ oz) crab meat (from a can is fine)
- 150g (5¼ oz) Panko breadcrumbs
- All-purpose flour (plain flour), as needed
- 1 chopped bunch of green onions (spring onions)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 finely sliced lime leaves
- 2 beaten eggs
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Put both types of potato in a bowl and add the crab, onion, curry paste, garlic, chili, cilantro and lime leaf.
- Season with salt and black pepper and mix.
- Mould the mixture into 16 crabcakes, then cover them and put them in the fridge for an hour.
- Put the egg wash in one bowl, the flour in another and the breadcrumbs in a third.
- Roll the crabcakes in the flour and dust off the excess, then dip them in the egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Shallow fry the crabcakes over a medium heat, turning occasionally.
- They will take about 6 minutes, so keep cooking until they are golden brown all over.
These crab cakes are always a welcome sight, no matter what the occasion. Perhaps you are looking for a nice starter recipe for seafood fans, or it could be you want to serve a gourmet lunch. Whatever the case, you will not go wrong with this great crab cakes recipe. Serve them with whatever kind of dipping sauce you prefer and, for the very best results, serve them piping hot from the frying pan. You can blot them on kitchen paper first, but it isn’t required. Crab cakes suit pretty much any occasion and this recipe is a good way to use up an opened can of crab, plus any leftover mashed potato. You might not associate mashed potato with a Thai recipe but, trust me, it works really nicely in here.
Photo by FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Some More Hot Content For You
- Alpine and German Weather HousesFirst things first… what on Earth is a weather house and why would you use German weather houses? Well, a weather house is a little house in the shape of a Swiss or German chalet, and it is used to indicate the weather. Usually there are 2 side-by-side doors, with a girl in the left one and a boy in the right one. If the weather is supposed to be dry and sunny the girl comes out. If it’s going to be rainy the boy comes out. The boy/girl might be young or they might be man/woman figures depending on the design of the weather house itself. Alpine and German weather houses are all different so you can choose exactly what you prefer. .....
- What is Thai Tea ExactlyPerhaps you are familiar with Thai tea, or maybe this drink is a new one to you. Whichever is the case, we are going to look a little closer at this beverage and find out some more about it. What is Thai tea exactly? Well let’s have a look. First of all, not all Thai teas are created equal – some have orange food coloring, others have no food coloring. Some are made with cardamom, vanilla and anise, some with just one or two of those. Chai tea is an Indian tea similar to Thai tea but not the same. Again, there are various recipes for that too. How to Drink Thai Tea Some people like theirs with Half and Half while others prefer .....
- Starter Recipes Around the GlobeInternational dishes have taken off recently in a big way. It is not unusual at all these days to see international starter recipes on a restaurant menu or to be given them at a dinner party. This obviously applies to main courses and desserts as well as starter recipes. Chicken sate, prawn toast, Asian soup recipes, Greek dips, Spanish tapas and more are popular as well as common these days and many people even prefer international starter recipes over traditional British ones. There are more ingredients available in modern supermarkets than ever before and you can use these ingredients to make exotic recipes and fusion-style snacks. .....
- Pesto Spaghetti with Easy MeatballsThis is a great pesto spaghetti recipe to make if you are in the mood for Italian but also looking for something you can just throw together and have on the table half an hour after you thought of making it! Spaghetti and meatballs is a typical Italian dish which combines pasta and meat in a simple way, and although a tomato sauce is often served with such a dish, pesto spaghetti is also nice and it is what we are using here, although you can switch one for the other if you like. We are making baked meatballs and you can prepare the pesto spaghetti while the meatballs are baking, then have everything together at once. Make sure you have some .....
- Pet ID Tags for Dogs and CatsIf your pet ever gets lost then having an ID tag is an absolute must, so you can be reunited quickly and relatively easy. The longer a pet is missing the more that can go wrong, and let’s face it, our pets are so precious. They are like members of the family, so consider pet ID tags as a must-have. A lost animal might not be able to find his or her way home, so invest in one of these tags (many cost under $5, even the personalized engraved ones) and if anything does happen, whoever finds your pet will know how to contact you to let you know they found your dog or cat. Some More Hot Content For You Bling Bling iPad Cases How to Make .....
- A Guide to Seattle, WashingtonSeattle, Washington is not the capital of Washington state, but it sure is worth a visit and a guide to Seattle, Washington is a handy thing to have. Many people think of Washington as a dreary, rainy place and being the birthplace of grunge music didn’t really help its image much. Seattle can be gloomy in the winter, but spring, summer, and fall are beautiful times to visit and see what the Emerald City has to offer. Spring in Seattle is a fun time in this guide to Seattle, Washington, because everyone is starting to come out of hibernation. One of the great ways to do that is to go visit the Moisture Festival, which is a local comedy and .....
- Different Kinds of Starter RecipesThere are many different kinds of starter recipes, ranging from basic two or three ingredient combinations which you can put together in one minute flat, to the more elaborate and gourmet style dishes which are a mixture of many ingredients and take a long time to create. There are different dishes for different occasions and you should always match the type of food you serve with the people who are going to be eating it and the type of occasion itself. Old Favorites and Classic Starters There is nothing wrong with sticking to tried and tested recipes if you aren’t sure what to make. There are many kinds of starter recipes to choose .....
- A Delicious Recipe for Braised Stuffed CalamariThe braised stuffed calamari in this recipe sure looks good. Breadcrumbs, olives, capers, garlic, parsley and more are combined for a tasty filling for your squid. Laura Vitale talks you through everything you need for the recipe and then shows you how to prepare your ingredients to make the filling. I liked this braised stuffed calamari video because I found it very easy to follow and I love the resulting stuffed squid. I think it looks great! And also because this is so similar to the way I usually make my own squid so Laura Vitale is on to a winner here. Just watch the video through and then as soon as it finishes you will wish to .....
- Lamb Crackslaw with Hoisin SauceThis recipes uses leftover lamb, but you could use any leftover meat to make it. Just chop it into small pieces and then you can add it to the recipe. The vegetables add flavor and color to the dish, and you can feel free to use your favorites. I love lamb crackslaw because it’s tasty and oh so filling. If you want to swap the carrot for broccoli, for example, go ahead. This could be served with a starch on the side, but I usually just have it as it is, because it is satisfying enough like that. In fact it is really filling. This recipe is really appealing and even if you are not following a low carb diet you will love it. Hoisin sauce .....
- Quick ‘n Easy Lemon and Lime SalmonThis is an incredibly easy recipe and a great way to prepare salmon. Here we are adding lemon and lime juice to the fish, along with lemon and lime zest if you like. You could stick to either lemon or lime or, like I prefer to do, use some of each for a more interesting flavor in this lemon and lime salmon recipe. Add the zest too if you want, to add more citrus flavor to the salmon and also to add a decorative touch. Last time I made this lemon and lime salmon recipe, I sprinkled some Old Bay seasoning over the salmon. I wasn’t sure whether my husband would like it because he hates celery and celery seed is a major ingredient in Old .....