Aromatic Crab Cakes Recipe
This lovely crab cakes recipe makes a great starter or lunch and you can imagine how beautiful they smell while they are cooking. Everyone wants to know how to make the best crab cakes and this recipe will show you how easy it is to make this popular dish.
The crab cakes recipe includes potato, flour and eggs, which are basil ingredients and used to give the crab cakes the right consistency, as well as aromatic ingredients such as chilies, lime and fresh coriander.
The flavor is really nice, and you are sure to appreciate they have a wonderful homemade charm. Yes could can buy crab cakes in the supermarket but they will have nowhere near such a fantastic taste! Here is a recipe for Western fish cakes if you want a simpler style.
Serve these lovely fish cakes with a nice dipping sauce. Try mixing 200 ml of sweet chilli sauce with 150 ml of mayonnaise, 50 ml of fish sauce, and a tablespoon of soy sauce, for a delicious dip. The fish sauce is available from an Asian supermarket, or perhaps from your local one.
- 1 raw potato, grated then squeezed through cheesecloth
- 1 chopped bunch of cilantro (fresh coriander)
- 2 sliced small red chilies
- 200g (7 oz) mashed potato
- 1 tablespoon red Thai curry paste, thinned with a little warm water if need be
- 300g (10½ oz) crab meat (from a can is fine)
- 150g (5¼ oz) Panko breadcrumbs
- All-purpose flour (plain flour), as needed
- 1 chopped bunch of green onions (spring onions)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 finely sliced lime leaves
- 2 beaten eggs
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Put both types of potato in a bowl and add the crab, onion, curry paste, garlic, chili, cilantro and lime leaf.
- Season with salt and black pepper and mix.
- Mould the mixture into 16 crabcakes, then cover them and put them in the fridge for an hour.
- Put the egg wash in one bowl, the flour in another and the breadcrumbs in a third.
- Roll the crabcakes in the flour and dust off the excess, then dip them in the egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Shallow fry the crabcakes over a medium heat, turning occasionally.
- They will take about 6 minutes, so keep cooking until they are golden brown all over.
These crab cakes are always a welcome sight, no matter what the occasion. Perhaps you are looking for a nice starter recipe for seafood fans, or it could be you want to serve a gourmet lunch. Whatever the case, you will not go wrong with this great crab cakes recipe. Serve them with whatever kind of dipping sauce you prefer and, for the very best results, serve them piping hot from the frying pan. You can blot them on kitchen paper first, but it isn’t required. Crab cakes suit pretty much any occasion and this recipe is a good way to use up an opened can of crab, plus any leftover mashed potato. You might not associate mashed potato with a Thai recipe but, trust me, it works really nicely in here.
Photo by FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Some More Hot Content For You
- Authentic Spanish Omelet RecipeSpanish omelet, or tortilla espanola as it is also known, is a combination of potatoes and eggs, giving you not only a ton of flavor, but also a protein and energy boost. You can eat a Spanish omelet recipe hot, chilled or at room temperature. I Love This Spanish Omelet Recipe! When I lived in the Canaries and mainland Spain, a Spanish omelet recipe was one of my favorite tapas, and sometimes I would indulge in a Spanish omelet sandwich in crusty bread with aioli (garlic mayonnaise) and a touch of ketchup too. Oh – and a slice of cheese. Now that was a real treat! The main ingredients you need to make tortilla espanola are eggs and .....
- Baked Chicken ChimichangasBaked chicken chimichangas might change your whole idea of deep-frying! Chimichangas are gorgeous although they are often considered an indulgence because they are deep-fried. Saying that, it is perfectly possible to oven-bake this tasty snack and that cuts down on fat and calories, offering up a healthy meal which is just as good as its deep-fried cousin! If you want to know how to bake chimichangas read on for a great recipe. We have chosen to use chicken in this baked chicken chimichangas recipe but feel free to use beef, pork, beans, cheese – anything you want really. The filling is up to you. Some people like to make a vegetarian .....
- Seafood Soup RecipeThis seafood soup recipe is made from scratch, so you will get all that amazing seafood flavour you love so much. Whether you are using lobster, crab, prawns or a mixture, the flavor is amazing. The better the seafood broth you use in this seafood soup recipe, the better it is going to taste. Whenever you are basing a whole recipe on a broth you need to make sure you use something of quality. It is so important. Great Ingredients Blend Together There are quite a few different ingredients in this seafood soup recipe but use them all and you will be so glad you did. The most important ingredients are the seafood and whatever you use to make .....
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Sweet PeppersThese cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers are gorgeous and I often make them as a side dish. I like to use the long pointy red peppers, both because of their nice, sweet flavor, and also because of how they lie flat on the plate and don’t fall over. You can use bell peppers if you want, or even chilies if you have a taste for them. Roast these in the oven or broil them if you prefer. Keep an eye on them. You will be able to see when they are done. Tweak if You Wish It is perfectly possible to tweak this cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers recipe based on what you have. I have made these with just the peppers and the cream cheese before .....
- Understanding Yeast Infection SymptomsYeast is present throughout your body at all times, and only becomes an issue when it begins to rapidly grow and you start to notice yeast infection symptoms. This fungus is something that everyone should be aware of, and understand the symptoms behind the infection. Once you understand the different symptoms, you can discover the solutions to this uncomfortable problem. Discovering the Different Forms You may be surprised to discover that vaginal yeast infections do vary and that there may only be a few similarities. This can make identifying yeast infection symptoms a little trickier. Each form of infection will need to be treated in a .....
- Low Carb Tortilla PizzaThis low carb tortilla pizza is incredibly good and it takes about 10 minutes to make and the same again to cook. Whether or not you have made pizza before, you will find this low carb tortilla pizza incredibly simple, and the sky is the limit as far as toppings are concerned. Use a low-carb tortilla to make your pizza. I recommend the Mama Lupe ones because they’re so good and only 3 carbs (and 60 calories) each. And they are the closest in flavor to regular tortillas. I also tried the La Tortilla brand for my low carb tortilla pizza because those are only 50 calories each but… nope not as good as the Mama Lupe ones. This low .....
- Artichoke Dip RecipeHaving a party? Try this artichoke dip recipe! This is a great dip which is ideal with crackers or crudites such as celery and carrot slices. This artichoke dip recipe is also delicious with warm toasted bread. Artichokes are something a lot of people overlook in the grocery store but they are really nice, and you can use fresh or canned ones in so many recipes, such as baked pasta dishes and soups. A lot of artichoke dips feature spinach but this one doesn’t, just to make it more unique. The artichoke offers plenty of flavor of its own and does not require backup in the form of spinach. The dip comes out an off-white color because of .....
- How to Make a Cassoulet the French WayA cassoulet is a slow-cooked casserole with meat (usually pork sausage, duck, mutton or goose) as well as white haricot beans and pork skin. This dish originated in the South of France, and is named after the casserole dish it is made in. Discover how to make a cassoulet the French way and you will be able to rustle up this wonderful meaty treat any time comfort food is the order of the day. There are lots of regional variations on cassoulet, although all of them feature white beans. Crackling (crispy fried pork rind) and fried bread cubes are often scattered on top before serving. Is your mouth watering yet? If not, keep reading and it will .....
- Interesting Things about Stuffed SquidI love seafood, especially stuffed squid. I was born in England but have lived in various places including the Canary Islands and Spain, which is how I picked up many tips about cooking stuffed squid and other seafood and how I developed my love of squid, octopus and every delightful treat from the sea! Like many people, I was nervous about cooking squid because I was worried about it turning rubbery, but with the right recipe and the correct cooking time/temperature that is not a concern, and if my squid is not tender then I know it just needs more time. Yes, being a fan of stuffed squid means knowing how to cook it properly. When a sharp .....
- Healthy Easy Shrimp Salad RecipeShrimp is a great addition to salad recipes. It offers a subtle, light flavor and goes well with many other salad ingredients. A base of salad leaves or spinach can be topped with hot, warm or chilled cooked shrimp along with other things like pineapple chunks or mandarin segments for sweetness, walnuts or cashews for crunch, cherry tomatoes for color and anything else you want to add to your healthy easy shrimp salad recipe. You can cook shrimp in various ways, such as deep-frying, stir-frying, boiling, baking or grilling. If you want to pan-fry the shrimp, they will only take a couple of minutes, as will boiling or grilling, although if .....