Aberdeen Sausage Starter Recipe
This Aberdeen sausage starter recipe is a very delicious dish that carnivores will love. Beef and bacon are combined with the delicious flavors of Worcestershire sauce, parsley, oats, onion and more to give a delicious starter recipe which can be sliced up and served piping hot or warm from the oven, as you wish.
Easy and Tasty
This Aberdeen sausage starter recipe is not difficult at all and you will enjoy the flavours in it, especially if you are a sausage fan. Homemade sausages are not something a lot of home cooks make but if you are having guest for dinner and you are out to impress, you could do a lot worse than this recipe, and you might find you like it enough to make more than once. It is certainly unusual anyway.
You will see the Aberdeen sausage starter recipe calls for stewing beef which is a tough cut of meat but if cooked right it comes out really tender. This is a cheap cut of beef, another bonus.
The recipe also calls for oats, which have been used in traditional Scottish starter recipes for a long time as a way of bulking out the dish and saving money. Oats are filling but they are cheaper than meat of course. Nowadays they are used for their flavor because oats add a nice taste to the sausages. Enjoy these with a glass of red wine perhaps.
- 450g (1 lb) stewing beef
- 100g (3.5 oz) onion
- 100g (3.5 oz) streaky bacon, no rind
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 100g (3.5 oz) rolled oats
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C (300 degrees F).
- Trim the beef to remove surplus fat.
- Put the beef, onion and bacon through a mincer.
- Add everything else and mix well.
- Shape into a long, thick sausage and wrap in oiled foil.
- Fold the foil across the top and twist the ends together.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the foil and serve hot in thick slices with tomato sauce.
Aberdeen sausage makes a very unusual starter but if you want to make something unusual, different and traditionally British then they do make a good choice. Enjoy the meatiness and robust flavor of these typical Scottish sausages. You can see how juicy and appealing they look in the photo. Serve this Aberdeen sausage starter recipe as part of a buffet or offer them on individual warmed plates with tomato sauce or another type of sauce on the side. You could even serve them as part of a salad, add them to a risotto or use them to make sandwiches. Some people like mustard with these, while others enjoy the tomato sauce more.
Photo by FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Some More Hot Content For You
- The Best Beauty Books You Can GetDo you want to improve or change the way you look? If so, have you thought of learning exactly what kinds of cosmetics are best for you, along with how to correctly put them on? Do you want to learn all the latest makeup trends and find out how to apply makeup like a pro? If you are, you may have turned to the web or fashion magazines, but have you thought about buying a beauty book? Some of the best beauty books will give you all the tricks and tips you need to know in order to look your best. If you haven’t or perhaps if you have, you might be wondering whether or not the best beauty books are really worth the money. When it comes to .....
- Best Brussels Sprouts Side DishI admit I used to hate Brussels sprouts as a child, largely thanks to the way they were presented in an over-boiled, mushy heap (apologies to my mother if she’s reading this) but seriously, sprouts are not only healthy, they can be yummy too, as long as you cook them right! So, find out how to cook Brussels sprouts like a pro and make the best Brussels sprouts side dish of all. In the old days, this vegetable used to be boiled to soggy death in water, then plonked on the plate alongside the meat or poultry of choice, and kids everywhere (myself included) would leave them on the plate until they were cold, hoping they would just… .....
- Elizabethan Chicken in Cream SauceThis delicious Elizabethan chicken in cream sauce recipe features chicken breasts, a lean and healthy choice, as well as onion and chicken stock for the base. The real appeal comes when you add grapes and sour cream, transforming this dish into something fruity and unique. Nutmeg and cider vinegar add a spicy twist to the flavor, and this may be served on rice or on a bed of mashed potatoes. Like most of our recipes, this Elizabethan chicken in cream sauce is pleasingly simple to put together. First you need to brown the chicken and then just keep it warm while you prepare the rest of the dish. Golden pan-fried onions are then simmered with .....
- Rune Stones – A Beginner’s GuideWhat are rune stones? Well, rune stones, or runes as they are also known, are a system of communication, decision making and divination. There are 24 runes in a set and they are like an alphabet of the North and North Central Europe. To Buy or Make Rune Stones You can buy runes from New Age shops or online, but a lot of people like to make their own, and you can use stones or discs made from wood. Rune stones are often engraved but some are painted or drawn on instead. One way to make your own runes would be to find 24 similar size pebbles or cut 24 discs out of wood, and write on each one with a black marker pen......
- Retro Bathroom IdeasRetro bathroom ideas can be a huge amount of fun, and ensure that you create the ultimate design in your bathroom. People have begun to experiment far more with vibrant colors and exciting features which can help to give you the ultimate bathroom. There are several different retro ideas to look into, which can help you to design the room to your taste, so take your time browsing what is available. A retro bathroom can include a variety of factors to ensure you create the ultimate space to relax and unwind in. However, you need to ensure that you don’t go too far, producing an overboard, kitsch bathroom which lacks taste. Small amounts .....
- Creamy Blue Cheese DipThis creamy blue cheese dip blends blue cheese with cream, mayonnaise and milk, with some lemon to add brightness and garlic to complement the flavor. Serve this with chips or vegetable crudites, or consider it as a side for your next buffalo chicken recipe, since the creaminess is the perfect contrast for the heat of the hot sauce. Creamy Blue Cheese Dip is So Easy to Make Making this creamy blue cheese dip is really easy blue cheese dipping sauce is simply a question of adding the ingredients to the food processor and pressing the button. Give it a few seconds and your dip will be ready to serve. If you don’t have a food processor .....
- Recipe for Stuffed Squid TubesHearty ingredients like breadcrumbs, cheese, shrimp, tomato and onion are combined for the filling here, along with aromatics like cumin, paprika, cayenne and coriander. The squid are fried in a skillet on the stove and then sliced to serve. Try these stuffed squid tubes and discover just how wonderful homemade calamari recipes can be. Italian Style Stuffed Squid Tubes This stuffed squid tubes dish is a very tasty recipe and the use of seasonings and spices makes it an unusual one too because the Mediterranean filling is combined with bold spices to offer plenty of dimension to the flavor. This video is narrated and there are plenty of .....
- Anchovy Wrapped OlivesThis anchovy wrapped olives recipe is very simple and shows you how to make anchovy wrapped olives. The recipe is perhaps one of the simplest you have seen, since you only need two different ingredients to make it, and this basic salty snack is beautiful whether you enjoy it with a cold beer, a glass of wine, a soft drink or even a warm beverage. Anchovies are salty, fishy and have an interesting texture, while olives are smooth, soft and the pimento filling is somewhat sweet. Anchovy Wrapped Olives: Making Your Own When paired, these two ingredients offer a beautiful savory flavor and a wonderful balance. These anchovy wrapped olives are .....
- Chicken Yakitori RecipeChicken yakitori is a Japanese dish made with chicken meat or chicken offal which is threaded on to bamboo skewers and grilled. Order a chicken yakitori recipe in a restaurant in Japan and you will be asked whether you want it done with salt or with tare sauce (a sake, soy sauce, sugar and mirin condiment) and this will go on the chicken before cooking. A Traditional Japanese Flavor The following chicken yakitori recipe is very simple to make and you will love the flavor of it. The chicken is flavored with mirin, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and green onion, then grilled until done. While any part of the chicken can be used to make yakitori in .....
- Authentic Chinese Wonton SoupTraditional Chinese food recipes are fascinating and following these will allow you to prepare the meal as it has been made and enjoyed for centuries. Every element of the authentic Chinese wonton soup recipe including the ingredients, preparation and serving suggestions are authentic. The original style of preparing and cooking the Chinese recipes are incredible, and will allow you to indulge in top quality Chinese foods, keeping things traditional at every stage. Ensuring that Chinese Food Recipes are Traditional You may enjoy Chinese food, but what you purchase in the local takeout or eat at a Chinese buffet is unlikely to be .....