Best Loaded Nachos Comfort Food Style
So you want to make the best loaded nachos comfort food? You’ve come to the right page. Very few dishes offer as much as nachos do, and that includes the wonderful flavors combining spicy with creamy with mild, as well as textures because you have all kinds of those, ranging from soft to crunchy. Nachos can be served as a snack, appetizer or meal, and homemade nachos are, of course, the best!
The following best loaded nachos comfort food recipe combines nachos with beef, homemade pico de gallo, cheese, spices, and more. But this is your recipe so you could take inspiration from the photo and use leftover roast beef instead of the ground beef if you want, or swap the guacamole for chopped avocado, or use queso fresco instead of cheddar.
Just use any toppings you want on this best loaded nachos comfort food and you are sure to end up with a wonderful result. Nachos are typical comfort food and everyone gets excited when you are making them. They are also very cheap to make.
Best Loaded Nachos Comfort Food: Cheap and Cheerful Snack
Consider the price of a big bag of tortilla chips, then factor in cheese, salsa, sour cream and ground beef, and you will see how economical this dish really is. Leave out the meat and your nachos are cheaper plus vegetarian-friendly.
Something I love to do is swap the ground beef for leftover chili when making a best loaded nachos comfort food recipe because that is already spiced to perfection. I actually make extra chili just because making nachos topped with it is such an amazing dish, and a winner for any occasion. The kids will love them as much as the grownups do.
Also, serving that over tortilla chips is as nice (or nicer!) than serving it over rice or with a baked potato.
That would be because you get to add all your favorite toppings like the cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo or salsa, chopped red onion, sour cream, black olive slices, or whatever else comes to mind. Is your mouth watering yet?
Fun Facts About Nachos
Nachos can be traced back to Piedras Negras, a city in Mexico, in 1943. US soldiers’ wives went to the Victory Club, a local restaurant, after closing, and the maitre d’ who was called Ignacio (Nacho to friends) invented nachos, using ingredients he had in the kitchen, namely tortillas and cheese.
He would cut those tortillas into triangles and add sliced jalapenos and cheddar. Calling the dish ‘nachos especiales’ Ignacio found this recipe to be very popular. Our best loaded nachos comfort food recipe isn’t too different!
Nachos are called ‘totopos’ in Mexico and National Nacho Day falls on November 6th. The recipe book ‘A Taste of Texas’ was the first to mention nachos in print, in 1949.
Pregnant women crave nachos more than any other snack, and the simplest way to make this dish is to top tortilla chips in shredded or nacho cheese and add salsa (unless you live in the Netherlands like I do right now and nachos are just tortilla chips with a tiny cup of salsa – sigh).
- 2 pounds (900g) ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 diced, pitted avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 6 diced fresh Roma tomatoes
- 1 finely diced fresh jalapeno
- ½ bunch chopped cilantro leaves
- 14 oz (400g) can beans (pinto, chili or ranch style)
- ½ cup (120ml) hot water
- 1 package tortilla chips
- 1½ cups grated cheddar
- ½ teaspoon each chili powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, and cumin
- Juice of a lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Sour cream, guacamole and/or black olive slices (optional)
- Saute the onion in the oil in a skillet over a moderately high heat until beginning to soften.
- Add the beef and brown it fully, then drain off the fat.
- Stir in the chili, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Add the hot water and beans and stir, then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Mix the other half of the onion with the jalapeno, tomato, lime juice, ½ teaspoon of salt and cilantro to make pico de gallo.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a large plate, then top with the beef mixture.
- Add all the cheese apart from about ¼ cup (30g) of the cheddar.
- Add more chips, more of the beef mixture then Monterey Jack cheese.
- Add the remaining chips then the remaining beef mixture and finally the rest of the cheddar.
- Microwave until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Check it ever 45 seconds.
- Another idea is to put the plate (if it is heatproof) in a 325F (170C) oven instead of using the microwave.
- Sprinkle on the avocado and pico de gallo, or use guacamole instead of the avocado if you prefer.
- Add sour cream if you like, or sliced black olives or any other toppings you fancy.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Tasty Tuna Pasta Salad with ArtichokesThis tuna pasta salad with artichokes recipe is right up your street if you are looking for something new to do with pasta and tuna, and you would prefer something cold to hot. This dish can be eaten by itself, paired with mixed salad leaves, taken to school or work as a box lunch, or made in bulk for a potluck supper, gathering or special event. It is simple to prepare and you can use canned tuna and artichokes for ease of preparation. This lovely tuna pasta salad with artichokes recipe is usually served chilled but, for a change of pace, you might want to serve it warm, while the pasta is hot and the tuna mixture is cold. Combine all the .....
- Round Bath TubsRound bath tubs have always been seen as luxurious, and only for large homes or hotel rooms. In fact, a lot of people have never even climbed into such a bath. However, this style is becoming more popular than ever before and is now considered a standard tub to own. You can buy round bath tubs in many places that sell regular rectangular type ones, so it is just down to personal preference and of course the amount of space you happen to have in your bathroom. It goes without saying that a round one is not going to fit in a square corner......
- Red Chicken Chili with TomatoesI love this red chicken chili with tomatoes recipe because it is lower in calories than a beef based chili yet it offers all the wonderful flavors you would expect from chili. Make it as mild as you wish or as spicy as you dare, and enjoy the fresh flavors it boasts. This red chicken chili with tomatoes recipe is so easy to put together. You just need to cook the chicken with the veggies, then add the other ingredients and let the mixture simmer for 45 minutes or so. That is all you need to do to make it. Kids love chili just as much as the grownups although they aren’t usually so keen on spice, so if you are making this for the whole .....
- Incredible Pink Diamond RingsLook at these amazing pink diamond rings. Every lady loves diamonds. They are a girl’s best friend after all. But pink ones can be truly stunning, and they are really popular at the moment, especially in celebrity circles. Have you seen a real pink diamond? These stones are incredible. You can get real, lab-created or imitation pink diamonds of varying qualities. So pick something which fits not only your style but your budget. Different Options for Different Budgets You can get a pink ‘diamondlike’ CZ ring for $20 or a high quality genuine one for $10,000. It depends how much you are willing to spend on pink diamond rings......
- Hoisin Celery Wontons in Wonton SoupThis exciting Hoisin celery wontons recipe features a flavorful broth containing homemade pork, hoisin and Chinese celery wontons. It couldn’t be simpler to make and this makes a warming meal for the whole family. You can even make extra wontons and freeze them for next time. This Hoisin celery wontons soup recipe calls for soy sauce paste. Soy sauce paste is similar to soy sauce but thicker. If you can’t get it, just use the regular kind. Be careful not to add too much sesame oil; a little really does go a long way. You can find Chinese celery in any Asian grocery store and it is sweeter than regular celery. If you can’t get it then try .....
- Cauli Rice with Orange, Lime and CilantroCauliflower rice, or cauli rice as it is affectionately known, is a wonderful substitute for rice, offering a mere fraction of the calories and carbs or rice, yet offering a very similar texture and a neutral flavor. You can do so much with it and there are plenty of cauliflower rice recipes to choose from. This cauli rice with orange, lime and cilantro recipe is easy to prepare and it’s yummy! I like to use a medium or strong-flavored sauce to disguise the cauliflower flavor – not that cauliflower has much of a taste at all, but just to make it as rice-like as possible. Try Chinese rice with cauliflower instead of rice, or .....
- Pork and Shrimp Wonton SoupThese flavorful pork wontons feature shrimp, ginger, green onion and more. Try pork and shrimp wonton soup for your supper tonight and enjoy the fresh flavors. Pork and shrimp wontons are usually served in authentic wonton soup recipes and if pork and shrimp go together better than you might imagine. If you have ever tried bacon-wrapped shrimp, you will know this is a match made in heaven. Pairing pork and shrimp means you will have a delicious wonton filling for your wontons. In addition to the pork and shrimp, the wontons feature ginger, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine and more, for a traditional wonton feel and a mouthwatering finish. How to .....
- Warm Duck Breast SaladThis warm duck breast salad is one of my favorite recipes, and my husband especially loves this dish! It is really easy to make too, and a good introduction to the joys of working with duck breast. It does not take long to make. In fact you can have it ready in under half an hour, including both cooking and prep time. This warm duck breast salad is filling enough to be the main dish, but if you were looking for an appetizer duck salad then simply use this recipe to serve 4 and it will make a tasty, filling appetizer dish, or even 6 if you don’t want such large appetizer servings. Any leftover duck can always be refrigerated then used .....
- Kitchen Gadgets Every Home Cook Should HaveMost people already have basic kitchen appliances such as toasters and kettles but these items do break! That’s why it’s good that you can pick up replacement kitchen gadgets cheaply. Other small kitchen appliances include juicers, blenders, mini blenders and coffee machines and you can get tiny kitchen appliances if you have a tiny kitchen. Others fold up or you can store them in the cupboard on on a wall. Once you have sorted out all your main kitchen appliances, it is time to stock up on handy time-saving tools and labor-saving kitchen gadgets. Kitchen gadgets do not have to be complicated or expensive. Some of the best and .....
- Colorful and Easy Pearl Couscous SaladPearl couscous is also known as giant couscous or Israeli couscous. It is enjoyed with tomato paste and fried onion in Israel and usually fed to children, but in other countries it is served as an ingredient to substitute rice, potatoes or another starch. Try this pearl couscous salad if you’re looking for new ways to serve it or new homemade salad ideas. Pearl couscous can be served hot or cold. It does not clump as much as North African couscous (the smaller grains) and you can reheat pearl couscous without it losing its texture or shape. Have you seen it in the store? Next time you spot it on the shelf grab yourself a package .....