Best Loaded Nachos Comfort Food Style
So you want to make the best loaded nachos comfort food? You’ve come to the right page. Very few dishes offer as much as nachos do, and that includes the wonderful flavors combining spicy with creamy with mild, as well as textures because you have all kinds of those, ranging from soft to crunchy. Nachos can be served as a snack, appetizer or meal, and homemade nachos are, of course, the best!
The following best loaded nachos comfort food recipe combines nachos with beef, homemade pico de gallo, cheese, spices, and more. But this is your recipe so you could take inspiration from the photo and use leftover roast beef instead of the ground beef if you want, or swap the guacamole for chopped avocado, or use queso fresco instead of cheddar.
Just use any toppings you want on this best loaded nachos comfort food and you are sure to end up with a wonderful result. Nachos are typical comfort food and everyone gets excited when you are making them. They are also very cheap to make.
Best Loaded Nachos Comfort Food: Cheap and Cheerful Snack
Consider the price of a big bag of tortilla chips, then factor in cheese, salsa, sour cream and ground beef, and you will see how economical this dish really is. Leave out the meat and your nachos are cheaper plus vegetarian-friendly.
Something I love to do is swap the ground beef for leftover chili when making a best loaded nachos comfort food recipe because that is already spiced to perfection. I actually make extra chili just because making nachos topped with it is such an amazing dish, and a winner for any occasion. The kids will love them as much as the grownups do.
Also, serving that over tortilla chips is as nice (or nicer!) than serving it over rice or with a baked potato.
That would be because you get to add all your favorite toppings like the cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo or salsa, chopped red onion, sour cream, black olive slices, or whatever else comes to mind. Is your mouth watering yet?
Fun Facts About Nachos
Nachos can be traced back to Piedras Negras, a city in Mexico, in 1943. US soldiers’ wives went to the Victory Club, a local restaurant, after closing, and the maitre d’ who was called Ignacio (Nacho to friends) invented nachos, using ingredients he had in the kitchen, namely tortillas and cheese.
He would cut those tortillas into triangles and add sliced jalapenos and cheddar. Calling the dish ‘nachos especiales’ Ignacio found this recipe to be very popular. Our best loaded nachos comfort food recipe isn’t too different!
Nachos are called ‘totopos’ in Mexico and National Nacho Day falls on November 6th. The recipe book ‘A Taste of Texas’ was the first to mention nachos in print, in 1949.
Pregnant women crave nachos more than any other snack, and the simplest way to make this dish is to top tortilla chips in shredded or nacho cheese and add salsa (unless you live in the Netherlands like I do right now and nachos are just tortilla chips with a tiny cup of salsa – sigh).
- 2 pounds (900g) ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 diced, pitted avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 6 diced fresh Roma tomatoes
- 1 finely diced fresh jalapeno
- ½ bunch chopped cilantro leaves
- 14 oz (400g) can beans (pinto, chili or ranch style)
- ½ cup (120ml) hot water
- 1 package tortilla chips
- 1½ cups grated cheddar
- ½ teaspoon each chili powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, and cumin
- Juice of a lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Sour cream, guacamole and/or black olive slices (optional)
- Saute the onion in the oil in a skillet over a moderately high heat until beginning to soften.
- Add the beef and brown it fully, then drain off the fat.
- Stir in the chili, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Add the hot water and beans and stir, then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Mix the other half of the onion with the jalapeno, tomato, lime juice, ½ teaspoon of salt and cilantro to make pico de gallo.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a large plate, then top with the beef mixture.
- Add all the cheese apart from about ¼ cup (30g) of the cheddar.
- Add more chips, more of the beef mixture then Monterey Jack cheese.
- Add the remaining chips then the remaining beef mixture and finally the rest of the cheddar.
- Microwave until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Check it ever 45 seconds.
- Another idea is to put the plate (if it is heatproof) in a 325F (170C) oven instead of using the microwave.
- Sprinkle on the avocado and pico de gallo, or use guacamole instead of the avocado if you prefer.
- Add sour cream if you like, or sliced black olives or any other toppings you fancy.
Some More Hot Content For You
- 2 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ BeefI often make this dish because it is so simple, and all you need to make it are 2 ingredients – beef and BBQ sauce. Any tough cut of beef which needs to be braised or slow cooked will work, so opt for braising or stewing steak, or something like skirt or flank. You will also need a crockpot and it is up to you whether you want to cook this 2 ingredient crockpot BBQ beef recipe on high, medium or low. How Long Should 2 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Beef Cook? Use high and the beef will be done in about 5 hours. Double that for low, and guess somewhere in between the 2 for medium. Of course, the exact time depends on your crockpot and the meat .....
- Why White Noise Helps You SleepSome people find it hard to fall asleep without a fan whirring while others find the sound of a blow dryer or washing machine soothing. But how come making more noise can help with sleep? Isn’t a silent room the most conducive to getting a good night’s rest? Actually that isn’t always the case, and some people even buy white noise machines or download white noise apps to ensure they get to sleep quickly and easily, and stay asleep until morning. A lot of people have hear it works but don’t know exactly why white noise helps you sleep. What is White Noise? This consistent sound comes out across all audible frequencies .....
- Baked Stuffed Zucchini BoatsLow in calories but high in flavor, this wonderful baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe is sure to please your palate. The middles of the zucchini are scooped out and then you can add a wonderful ham and cheese filling, and bake them to perfection. This is a very easy baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe which is nice served with Spanish rice or risotto, and just as nice served alone as a savory snack. If you want to make this dish vegetarian friendly, simply omit the ham, or else you might like to swap it for shrimp, salmon, walnuts, or pretty much anything else. Tweak the Filling to Make It Your Own The main ingredients in this baked stuffed .....
- Roasted Rainbow CarrotsWhen I first spotted rainbow carrots at the market, I was intrigued. What would they taste like? Would the different colors have different flavors? I just had to buy them and find out for myself, and honestly I was really pleased with the result of my roasted rainbow carrots recipe! Of course there are different ways to cook carrots, perhaps the worst way being roughly chopping them and boiling them to mush. I recommend roasting the carrots for the very best results. They will take a while to become tender because they are quite dense. But allow sufficient time and your result will be a wonderful side dish which is as healthy as it is tasty. .....
- Baked Alaska Recipe with Caramel SauceThis baked Alaska recipe with caramel sauce is one of my favorite desserts, teaming delicious, refreshing ice cream with perfect meringue. Here we are serving the baked Alaska with caramel sauce to make the dessert even more decadent. This dessert is served cold, and the meringue completely covers the ice cream inside, making it look like a big iceberg, hence the name. Although you can make individual baked Alaska desserts, we like to make one big ones, using a small ready-made chocolate sponge cake, topping that with 2 kinds of ice cream, and then adding the sweet, sticky meringue mixture. I bet you can’t wait to try this baked Alaska .....
- Kitchen Gadgets Every Home Cook Should HaveMost people already have basic kitchen appliances such as toasters and kettles but these items do break! That’s why it’s good that you can pick up replacement kitchen gadgets cheaply. Other small kitchen appliances include juicers, blenders, mini blenders and coffee machines and you can get tiny kitchen appliances if you have a tiny kitchen. Others fold up or you can store them in the cupboard on on a wall. Once you have sorted out all your main kitchen appliances, it is time to stock up on handy time-saving tools and labor-saving kitchen gadgets. Kitchen gadgets do not have to be complicated or expensive. Some of the best and .....
- Easy French Macaron RecipeA macaron is a French meringue-based treat, made with powdered sugar, white sugar, egg white, almond and food coloring. These delicious little bites are often composed of two macarons sandwiched together with buttercream, jam or ganache, and you can get many different flavors. You can even make your own easy French macaron recipe. Don’t confuse macarons (with one O) with macaroons (with two O’s) – the latter are heavy, coconut cookies. Macarons are been around for hundreds of years, and they are believed to date back to 8 AD. Italian pastry chefs accompanying Catherine de Medici in 1533 when she married Henry II of France, .....
- White Food Recipes for After Teeth WhiteningHaving your teeth professionally whitened is the best way to get that gorgeous pearly shade without breaking the bank on veneers or another expensive treatment. The process itself is usually painless although your teeth might be a little sensitive afterwards. You will need white food recipes for after teeth whitening for a couple of days. Even though it’s possible to fashion a menu from the list of ‘allowed’ white foods it’s helpful to have some fresh ideas to keep things interesting! Read on to learn what you can eat after teeth whitening, what you must avoid after teeth whitening, and some more teeth whitening .....
- Easy Summer Appetizer IdeasOne of the things that brings people together is the enjoyment of food. There are few things better than gathering around a table on a summer evening to snack and relax with friends. And there are easy summer appetizer ideas for all palates and occasions, so you won’t be stuck for choice. What makes appetizers so appealing when compared to full meals? Appetizers are usually bite size, making them easy to eat while socializing, and a table full of different options is far more exciting than committing to just one meal or flavor. Many summer appetizer ideas are not only easy to eat, but also easy to prepare. Cold appetizers are .....
- Tasty Thai Tuna SaladThis Thai tuna salad is a great recipe because you can throw it together in about 10 minutes. Canned tuna is often nice in Asian recipes and I have used it in stir-fries before. This recipe adds Thai ingredients to the mix to offer an authentic Southeast Asian flavor. There is no cooking involved in this Thai tuna salad and you can have this on the table in less than half an hour from right now, if you have all the ingredients. If not, feel free to make adaptations because there are plenty of tweaks you could make to such a versatile dish. Thai Tuna Salad: Play with the Flavors Maybe you would like to switch the spices. I used ground ginger .....