Chinese Tea Smoked Chicken
Elegant appetizer recipe ideas are becoming more popular than ever before, as people begin to experiment more in the kitchen. You need to choose an appetizer that will impress your guests with your knowledge of food, and the distinct choice of flavors used to make the dishes. There are many different recipes to choose from, regardless of the occasion, and your budget. Take Chinese tea smoked chicken for example – this is certainly elegant as well as unusual.
Presentation and Good Ingredients are Vital
If you use a good recipe for your appetizer, you can achieve an exciting, elegant appearance with very basic ingredients. Expensive ingredients can be used but you will be surprised what you can achieve with more affordable options. Miniature appetizers always appear to be elegant, and can ensure that your guests want more of the delicate flavors.
These Chinese lettuce cups with their heavenly chicken mixture on top offer the perfect appetizer before a main dish. Served warm they are simply fantastic and you’re sure to enjoy the aromatic flavor of this Chinese tea smoked chicken recipe. Feel free to leave out any of the ingredients you do not like or consider swapping the chicken thighs for breasts if you want, or even duck breast if you prefer that.
Planning is Essential
You need to be organized when planning the perfect elegant appetizer recipe, and you will be surprised how many there are to choose. You need to ensure that you can find all of the ingredients to recreate the dish.
Some people think that elegant means complicated but this is quite untrue. You can produce excellent, elegant appetizers if you plan well and understand your capabilities. The following Chinese tea smoked chicken recipe is ideal for an elegant appetizer recipe and is sure to impress everyone with its aromatic taste.
- ¼ cup white rice
- 3 tablespoons Chinese black tea
- 1lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon 5-spice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5 sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- Lime juice, to serve
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Toast the peppercorns in a dry pan for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, mix with the 5-spice and salt and crush with a pestle and mortar.
- Rub the seasoning into the chicken thighs, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken 30 minutes before cooking.
- Line a wok with aluminium foil.
- Mix the tea, rice and sugar together and put on to the foil.
- Place a steamer on to the wok, and evenly spread the chicken on top.
- Cover and cook on a high heat for 12 minutes until the chicken is colored and cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking prepare the sauce.
- Place the soy sauce, sherry, ginger and sesame in a saucepan and whisk.
- Over a high heat bring to the boil and leave for 5 minutes.
- Brush over the chicken when cooked.
- Dice the chicken into small pieces and toss with the green onions and peanuts.
- Divide the lettuce into leaves and divide it between 8 small plates.
- Place a drop of the sauce on to the leaves, and top with chicken.
- Squeeze lime juice over the appetizer and serve warm.
- Garnish these with some cilantro leaves if liked.
In the picture you can see the chicken thighs are whole but most people prefer them to chop them up after they are cooked. If you do want to serve them whole in your Chinese tea smoked chicken recipe though, perhaps even over noodles or rice as an entree, then go ahead. This is your recipe to make as you see fit and tweak if you so choose.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Fruits de Mer RecipePlateau de fruits de mer is the French term for seafood platter, and this recipe comprises both cooked and raw seafood on a chilled platter, often on a bed of ice. If you order a fruits de mer recipe, you can expect shellfish along with bread, mayonnaise (preferably homemade) and condiments like cocktail sauce and mignonette sauce. The serving platter will be above table level on some kind of stand, and sometimes there are several tiers, both to make it look for elegant, and also because some of the shellfish is served on the half-shell or in the full shell, and then it takes up a lot of room. A fruits de mer recipe is traditionally served .....
- 1940s Kitchen StyleRetro kitchens are becoming more popular at the moment and it is a lot of fun to redecorate in the style of a certain era. 1940s style kitchens are particularly fun to create. Glass knobs, painted kitchen cabinets and vintage linens can be combined with modern appliances, for a functional and nice looking themed kitchen. You will not have to spend much money to get a 40s themed kitchen full of gorgeous 1940s kitchen style. Here are some good ideas to start you off – Lighting For an authentic 1940s style kitchen, try to keep the lighting simple. You can get wall sconces or vintage ceiling lights for an authentic look. You should add in .....
- Pork and Beef Crackslaw with Shredded VeggiesThis pork and beef crackslaw recipe is made using a combination of pork and beef. Although you can make crackslaw with any kind of ground meat (including poultry if you wish) I find that combining pork with beef gives a pleasing result. The pork is juicy and the beef has its own distinctive flavor. They just combine well, especially when making something like pork and beef crackslaw. Here in Holland you can’t buy ground pork by itself (at least not in my local store) which is why I use the half and half mixture quite a lot. Yes I could grind my own pork but I haven’t yet done that. I do have a meat grinder attachment on my food .....
- Duck Breast a l’Orange with Grand MarnierEasy to make yet sure to deliver a flavor that wows, duck breast a l’orange makes a fantastic dinner, whether you are serving it up to the family or considering what to make for a dinner party or special occasion. Our duck breast a l’orange recipe combines duck breast with orange, Grand Marnier for a special touch, cream, and bouillon, and the result is a perfectly balanced dish. If you do not want to buy a whole bottle of Grand Marnier (or similar orange liqueur) just get a miniature, or even omit it if you prefer. This duck breast recipe is easy enough for any home cook to manage with ease, even if it is your first time .....
- Chinese Prawn Toast RecipeChinese prawn toast, or Chinese shrimp toast, is very popular and makes a tasty hot starter. You don’t have to serve Chinese food as the main course since this Chinese prawn toast recipe goes nicely as an appetizer before a Thai main course, Indian main course or anything else you like. How Does a Chinese Prawn Toast Recipe Taste? These little appetizers often have sesame seeds on but that is not essential. The toasts should be crispy without being burned, and taste fishy without being too fishy. Prawn toasts usually feature on Chinese restaurant menus because their wonderful crunch makes them very appetizing. Some More Hot Content For .....
- Types of ShowersShowers have become popular additions to bathrooms all over the world as more people become aware of saving water. Another reason for having a shower fitted is to save space, and for many people this is vital. You can choose between a variety of different types of showers to suit your needs and budget. Before rushing out to purchase a new shower, you will need to consider several different elements, which will determine the style of shower that you choose. You will need to think about the amount of people in the household, and your current heating system. The right shower should cater to all your needs and suit you perfectly. Choosing a .....
- Easy Sukiyaki RecipeOne of my favorite Japanese dishes has to be sukiyaki. This is similar to shabu-shabu, and is a hot pot style dish with thinly sliced beef and vegetables in a sweet, tangy sauce. You can also get vegetarian sukiyaki recipes. This versatile and easy sukiyaki recipe is perfect for cool winter evenings, and you can present or even cook it in a pot in the middle of the dinner table. The ingredients are usually dipped into raw, beaten eggs before being eaten, although this is not so prevalent outside Japan. An easy sukiyaki recipe is usually a winter dish in Japan, often served at year-end parties. Thinly sliced beef is usually the meat that goes .....
- How to Griddle Steak Like a ProSteak is one of the most popular cuts of meat but unfortunately a lot of people are rather clueless about how to transform a raw steak into something flavorful, tender and perfectly cooked. Perhaps it is your first time cooking steak or maybe you are keen to find out some griddle tips, because this ridged pan is so handy in the kitchen. Either way, read on for my foolproof recipe and learn how to griddle steak like a pro every time you make it. Barbecuing is one of the best ways to cook this cut of meat, because you can’t beat the lovely smoky flavor, but what happens if you can’t barbecue and you don’t want to pan-fry? The .....
- Beef Wontons with Cabbage and GingerTry out these beef wontons with cabbage and ginger if you want to rustle up something delicious that you can make in bulk and freeze too. These are healthier than pork wontons and they freeze really well. This is a very simple wonton recipe so it is ideal for beginners. Use extra lean beef if you are watching your fat intake. Once they are cooked you can serve them or freeze them in a well-labeled plastic bag. You can cook them from frozen so you don’t need to thaw them the night before you want to cook them. Because they freeze so well it’s worth making a batch of these delicious beef wontons! Beef, ginger and Napa cabbage combine to make .....
- Indian Ground Beef with Fresh Tomato SaladThis Indian ground beef recipe is just amazing and I have made it 5 or 6 times. Despite beef not being the most popular meat in India (the Holy Cow and all that) it works beautifully with this recipe and these seasonings, so if you are into beef and you want to make something Indian, consider this recipe. The ingredients in this Indian ground beef dish work amazingly together and the finished dish is just heaven on a plate. You will cook the beef and onion, then add chickpeas, curry powder and stock. This mixture is served spooned over naan bread with a fresh tomato and cilantro salad. Some More Hot Content For You Authentic Scottsdale .....