Easy Marinated Chicken Skewers
This tasty chicken recipe will get your dinner off to a good start. Everyone will enjoy the flavor of these easy marinated chicken skewers regardless of the season or occasion. Don’t worry if you are new to cooking chicken because it really is easy. These kebabs are full-flavored and everyone is sure to love them. Most barbecued meats should be marinated overnight but since the chicken is chopped before you marinate it, a couple of hours in the fridge will be sufficient to infuse them with marvelous flavor.
Simple Flavors Here
This easy marinated chicken skewers recipe is simple and the herbs, garlic and lemon juice are the main flavors in the dish. This is quite typical with chicken actually. Although you can star chicken in a curry or bold-flavored dish, you can also have it lightly and aromatic tasting instead. Yes – chicken really is that versatile.
You might want to serve these easy marinated chicken skewers al fresco. Sometimes during the summer it is nice to eat outdoors and paper plates add to the festivity of such an occasion. You will find the kids like these kebabs as much as the grownups do, especially if you give them plenty of ketchup and/or mayo for dipping.
- 1 to 1.5 kg (2 to 3 lbs) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 235 ml (1 cup) lemon juice
- 235 ml (1 cup) olive oil
- 3 teaspoons mixed fresh herbs (try thyme, chives, rosemary etc)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
- Cut the chicken into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a big zippered bag.
- Add the cubed chicken and seal the bag.
- Let it marinate for a few hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Thread 6 chicken cubes on each skewer, leaving a bit of room between them to promote even cooking.
- Barbecue them over a medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
You can see just how appealing these easy marinated chicken skewers look in the photo and you will be delighted to discover just how easy these are to prepare. The chicken will soak up the marinade, becoming tender and flavorful, and the kebabs are amazing with any kind of dipping sauce. Go for something creamy or even something spicy. Sour cream always works well, perhaps with some lemon juice or garlic whisked into it. That would make a lovely dip. If the weather is good and you want to make barbecued chicken kebabs, then grab some skewers, fire up the barbecue and make this recipe. If you are using wooden skewers for these easy marinated chicken skewers, soak them in cold water for half an hour before using them, else they will catch fire on the barbecue!
Photo by FreeDigitalPhotos.net