Easy Pork and Ginger Wontons
Chinese recipes have been used for generations and have slowly been adapted to the Western world. However, if you want authentic, healthy meals, this cuisine is perfect. Try these easy pork and ginger wontons and you will see just how delicious Chinese food can be.
There are many different recipes available to cater to your taste and budget. Ingredients need to be fresh, ensuring that all of the nutrients are locked inside the meal. There are ingredients which are chosen for every Chinese recipe, to enhance the flavors and produce the ideal texture. Vegetables are a huge part of these recipes, and you will find that many different forms can be used.
Softer vegetables are cooked rapidly to ensure that they remain firm and retain their nutrition. Harder ones like carrot tend to be sliced, chopped or grated so they will also cook fast in recipes. Not all Chinese food is stir-fried of course, and some cooking methods take far longer, because some types of food must be slow-cooked or braised in order to bring out the flavor and/or tenderize it properly. In this easy pork and ginger wontons recipe, we are using various veggies as well as Chinese seasonings to ensure an authentic result.
Western Influences – Not All Bad!
The Chinese food which you experience in the restaurants will often be nothing like traditional Chinese recipes. However, the cooking methods are incredibly similar, producing distinct flavors that everyone can enjoy. By changing the ingredients and adapting the flavors, Chinese restaurants have ensured that more people enjoy their food, marrying authentic oriental dishes with some Western touches. Easy pork and ginger wontons might be made authentically or Westernized depending on the restaurant itself.
Traditional Chinese Recipe for Pork Wontons
Wontons are popular throughout the whole of China, and there are several different recipes for you to enjoy which are straightforward to make. You will find all of the ingredients easily, and be able to prepare the easy pork and ginger wontons in a short space of time.
The following easy pork and ginger wontons recipe is just one example of an authentic wontons recipe. You might want to discover more about the the full range of wonton recipes you can make.
Regional Chinese Dishes
Many people think that all Chinese food is the same but you will find that the recipes and cooking methods are determined by the region. What a Chinese family sits down to eat in the far North of the country might even be unrecognizable to what they’re eating in the South!
There are many dishes which are very made, cooked and served differently depending on where you travel to throughout China.
The people in the south of China will use rice and flour as their main carbohydrates, for example, but in the north they prefer to use wheat and noodles.
- 1lb (450g) ground pork
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 shredded whole Napa cabbage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Combine the pork, cabbage, garlic and ginger in a large bowl.
- Mix the sesame oil and soy sauce together then add to the pork mixture
- Place a small pile of mixture into each wrapper and wet the edges with water to seal.
- Gather the edges and press until tightly closed, squeezing out any excess air, to ensure that ingredients do not escape.
- Steam the wontons for 5 to 10 minutes then serve immediately.
So how do you fold a wonton if you haven’t done it before? This video shows you how to make wonton shapes, so once your filling is mixed, you are ready to spoon a teaspoon of mixture into each wonton wrapper and shape your wontons.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Parma Ham with Melon RecipeThis Parma ham with melon recipe is super easy and makes a great bite before any kind of main meal. Parma ham and melon are wonderful together. The delicate texture and saltiness of the Parma ham is the perfect contrast to the juicy sweetness of the melon. No wonder this is such a classic starter recipe. Always Up to Date Not only is this Parma ham with melon recipe a classic flavor pairing but it is also a timeless starter. What could be simpler than draping thin slices of ham over melon wedges? You only need 2 ingredients to make it so this is a good dish for any home chef to work on, even a total beginner. If you can make a cup of tea, .....
- New Pasta Recipes to TryThere is so much you can do with pasta, and also so many kinds to choose from. White or whole wheat pasta, penne, spaghetti, pasta twists, linguine… the list goes on. You can make hot recipes such as baked pasta dishes, or chilled ones like a salad. You can serve it as an entree or side dish, and there are many new pasta recipes to try. Pasta is economical and filling, and there are plenty of wonderful Italian recipes using it. Try the big noodles to make lasagna, long pasta like linguine or spaghetti to serve with a meaty sauce, or pasta shapes to make pasta salad or to cling to a thick sauce. Quick and Easy Pasta Recipes If you want .....
- Kitchen Cookware Every Home Cook NeedsKitchen cookware means different kinds of pots and pans which you use for different things. Some cookware items can be substituted for things you don’t have and still do the job. You can get stainless steel cookware, induction cookware, professional cookware, extra safe cookware and Indian cookware including Benglali cookware to improve your culinary experience. Choose from cookware in different sizes and made of different materials, such as glass, aluminium, steel etc. Some materials are better than others for different purposes. Before buying any kitchen cookware though, you should consider a few things. Budget First of all, what is .....
- Indian Pasta Salad with ChickenPasta is not the first ingredient that should come to mind when you think about Indian cuisine because of course it is an Italian ingredient. However that is the beauty of fusion cooking. This Indian pasta salad offers some exciting flavors, all of which go together nicely. When combined they offer an exotic flair in what would otherwise just be a basic pasta salad. You can find all kinds of ingredients in this Indian pasta salad which come together wonderfully. The neutral flavor of pasta along with its firm al dente texture means a spicy, aromatic dressing is sure to suit it instead of clashing. In the following recipe we are teaming our .....
- Tasty Chinese SeasoningsLearning how to season your Chinese recipes is essential if you want them to be successful. Chinese seasonings can liven up plain dishes. The seasonings used in Chinese recipes create the special flavors which differentiate the regional styles. Sesame oil, oyster sauce, chicken broth and soy sauce are the most commonly used seasonings in Chinese cuisine. These Chinese seasonings can be added before, during or after cooking, depending on the recipe. If you are serving a dish with rice, the seasoning should be heavier than if you were serving it alone. Savory dipping sauces are often served with Chinese recipes, and the most popular Chinese .....
- Creamy Salmon Pate Stuffed EggsHow pretty do these salmon pate stuffed eggs look? This recipe takes deviled eggs to the next level, by combining the egg yolk with salmon, lemon and creamy ingredients to make a pale pink, delicious-tasting appetizer. One or two egg halves per person is a good estimate although some people won’t be able to stop munching on these lovely little snacks. There are different ways to prepare these salmon pate stuffed eggs. You can make them the traditional way by slicing the eggs in half lengthwise or you could remove a wedge from the top (like in the picture) for a different look. How to Add the Salmon Pate Stuffed Eggs Filling The salmon .....
- Mushroom Risotto with Truffle OilThis easy mushroom risotto with truffle oil recipe combines rice with mushrooms, and you can use any kind of mushrooms you want. Last time I used button mushrooms, but you can also use assorted wild mushrooms if you want, or another kind. We are also using dried mushrooms in the mushroom risotto with truffle oil, which you will reconstitute before proceeding with the recipe. Different Types of Risotto There are lots of different type of risotto, including shrimp, chicken and vegetable types. I like asparagus risotto with plenty of parmesan. Everyone has their own favorite. I like to use arborio rice to make mushroom risotto with truffle .....
- Oven Baked Turkey Burgers with FetaMaking a change from your usual burgers perhaps, these boast the lighter flavor of turkey. We are adding lemon and oregano for flavor, and stuffing the oven baked turkey burgers with feta cheese for a wonderful tang. The mint-cucumber dressing with these oven baked turkey burgers adds a Mediterranean touch, and you just need to combine equal parts of yogurt and grated cucumber to make it, adding in some fresh mint too. Oven baking these burgers is simple although you may pan-fry them if you prefer, or even pop them on the barbecue if it’s fired up already. If you wish to prepare the patties in advance you can just leave them in the .....
- Traditional English Ploughman’s LunchA ploughman’s lunch is a wonderful treat, best enjoyed in the beer garden of an old country pub, with a cold pint of cider or real ale. You can order a traditional English ploughman’s lunch in many English pubs, and you’ll never be disappointed. Dating back to the 1930s, a traditional English ploughman’s lunch is comprised of crusty bread and butter, English cheese, pickled onions, pickles and chutney, and it might also include ham, apple, radishes, hard-boiled eggs or Scotch eggs, celery, cherry tomatoes, and other cold ingredients. Now you know why a traditional English ploughman’s lunch is so good. Farm .....
- Irish Lamb Stew Recipe with BaconWhen the cold months are here, nothing is as comforting as an Irish lamb stew recipe with bacon. There are different Irish stew recipes to choose from, but the main ingredients stay the same, and those are lamb, potatoes and carrots, as well as a delicious sauce/gravy. This Irish lamb stew recipe with bacon is nice served with a generous chunk of bread for sopping up all those wonderful juices. You can make a huge pot of it and let people ladle some into their bowls. Most of the family will want a second bowlful because this is such a tasty meal. Something great about traditional Irish stew is its simplicity. You do not need lots of .....