Easy Pork and Ginger Wontons
Chinese recipes have been used for generations and have slowly been adapted to the Western world. However, if you want authentic, healthy meals, this cuisine is perfect. Try these easy pork and ginger wontons and you will see just how delicious Chinese food can be.
There are many different recipes available to cater to your taste and budget. Ingredients need to be fresh, ensuring that all of the nutrients are locked inside the meal. There are ingredients which are chosen for every Chinese recipe, to enhance the flavors and produce the ideal texture. Vegetables are a huge part of these recipes, and you will find that many different forms can be used.
Softer vegetables are cooked rapidly to ensure that they remain firm and retain their nutrition. Harder ones like carrot tend to be sliced, chopped or grated so they will also cook fast in recipes. Not all Chinese food is stir-fried of course, and some cooking methods take far longer, because some types of food must be slow-cooked or braised in order to bring out the flavor and/or tenderize it properly. In this easy pork and ginger wontons recipe, we are using various veggies as well as Chinese seasonings to ensure an authentic result.
Western Influences – Not All Bad!
The Chinese food which you experience in the restaurants will often be nothing like traditional Chinese recipes. However, the cooking methods are incredibly similar, producing distinct flavors that everyone can enjoy. By changing the ingredients and adapting the flavors, Chinese restaurants have ensured that more people enjoy their food, marrying authentic oriental dishes with some Western touches. Easy pork and ginger wontons might be made authentically or Westernized depending on the restaurant itself.
Traditional Chinese Recipe for Pork Wontons
Wontons are popular throughout the whole of China, and there are several different recipes for you to enjoy which are straightforward to make. You will find all of the ingredients easily, and be able to prepare the easy pork and ginger wontons in a short space of time.
The following easy pork and ginger wontons recipe is just one example of an authentic wontons recipe. You might want to discover more about the the full range of wonton recipes you can make.
Regional Chinese Dishes
Many people think that all Chinese food is the same but you will find that the recipes and cooking methods are determined by the region. What a Chinese family sits down to eat in the far North of the country might even be unrecognizable to what they’re eating in the South!
There are many dishes which are very made, cooked and served differently depending on where you travel to throughout China.
The people in the south of China will use rice and flour as their main carbohydrates, for example, but in the north they prefer to use wheat and noodles.
- 1lb (450g) ground pork
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 shredded whole Napa cabbage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Combine the pork, cabbage, garlic and ginger in a large bowl.
- Mix the sesame oil and soy sauce together then add to the pork mixture
- Place a small pile of mixture into each wrapper and wet the edges with water to seal.
- Gather the edges and press until tightly closed, squeezing out any excess air, to ensure that ingredients do not escape.
- Steam the wontons for 5 to 10 minutes then serve immediately.
So how do you fold a wonton if you haven’t done it before? This video shows you how to make wonton shapes, so once your filling is mixed, you are ready to spoon a teaspoon of mixture into each wonton wrapper and shape your wontons.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Making Ground Chicken for Wonton RecipesIf you have chicken breast or chicken tenders but not ground chicken, you can still make chicken wontons or chicken wonton soup, by grinding your own chicken. Preparing ground chicken for wonton recipes means you can make this tasty filling quickly and easily. Ground chicken (or minced chicken) needs to be chopped very finely, and the simplest way of doing it is to push the chicken through a grinder. Choose a medium-coarse grind setting. These old-fashioned meat grinders can be very handy. Did you ever see your mom or grandmother using one? They are made of iron and you simply insert your meat and crank the handle, and out comes ground .....
- How to Cook Prime Rib for Juicy ResultsPrime rib is often called the king of beef cuts, and if you like your beef juicy, tender and delicious, you might like to learn more about how to cook prime rib yourself at home. Also known as a standing rib roast, prime rib is marbled with fat to keep it succulent, and it is very easy to cook too. You just need to start it in the oven on a high temperature to brown it nicely, then turn the oven down so it can finish cooking without the meat drying out. The center of your prime rib roast should be pink or red while the thinner tail-ends will be brown and more done. This is good because people get to choose if they want their meat .....
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....
- Sesame SeedsSesame is a flowering plant and it is naturalized and cultivated for its edible seeds. Sesame seeds are believed to be the oldest oilseed crop and has been domesticated for more than 5000 years. The plant is drought-tolerant, making it a ‘survivor crop’ – capable of growing where most other crops would fail. In 2010, more than 3.84 million metric tons of sesame seeds were harvested in the world, the largest producer of which was Myanmar. India exported the most and Japan was the biggest importer. Sesame has one of the highest oil contents of any seed. This rich, nutty-tasting ingredient is used in many different cuisines, .....
- All About Vaginal Yeast InfectionsA yeast infection that affects the vaginal area is commonly referred to as candidiasis as the infection is caused by the fungus Candida. This fungus is present throughout your body at all times. However, in the perfect environment, it can grow rapidly. In areas, which are moist and warm the fungus will thrive and becomes an issue. If you think that you are suffering with this form of yeast infection, there are several symptoms which are obvious. Vaginal yeast infections can be diagnosed by the symptoms or the fact you get them often (although not everyone does). You can either experience all of the symptoms or just a few, everyone is .....
- Best Sci-Fi Movies of 2014Now that 2014 is well over half a year behind us, all the best sci-fi movies of 2014 are available on DVD, so rather than going to the cinema, why not curl up with some popcorn and a DVD this evening? I love this genre and managed to see plenty of movies last year. My husband doesn’t mind the genre but it’s me who is the real fan, so I’m going to share with you my top sci-fi movie recommendations!.....
- Metallic Nail PolishThis product comes in a variety of gorgeous shades and the metallicness offers something special if you want a fashion forward look. Metallic nail polish isn’t for everyone but if you can carry it off it certainly looks stunning. Choose silver or gold for a special occasion, magnetic if you want to make crazy patterns, or something more neutral like bronze or shiny blue or gray for a funky, edge look. Metallic Nail Polish: The Option of Stickers If you do not want to paint anything on, you can get stickers which are nail-shaped stickers that adhere to your nails and look like you’ve had a proper manicure. This is a great way of .....
- Easy Blender Milkshake RecipeMaking a milkshake in the blender is incredibly easy and you just need to add milk, ice and some fruit, press the button and within a few seconds you will have a tasty, creamy and frothy drink to enjoy. An easy blender milkshake recipe is worth adding to your repertoire and you will love the flavor. One of the most unusual recipes is our almond and rosewater milkshake and you can scroll down for that recipe. Our red apple milkshake is also wonderful. Once you have mastered these you can start making up your own milkshakes, throwing in anything you want. What to Add to an Easy Blender Milkshake Recipe Use canned fruit (drain it if it is a .....
- Microsoft Surface Tablet Review and SpecsMicrosoft’s introduction of the new and exciting surface tablet created a huge amount of attention and some people were skeptical regarding the hype. However, the big question whether this Windows Tablet Surface was worth all of the attention was very quickly answered as this tablet is incredible. Do you want to know more about the Microsoft Surface tablet? If so then read on. Every aspect of the tablet is designed with the user in mind, and close attention to detail has ensured that you will enjoy everything. The design of the surface computer is brilliant and offers a lightweight, incredibly thin, compact device. The cover can be .....
- Low Carb Tortilla PizzaThis low carb tortilla pizza is incredibly good and it takes about 10 minutes to make and the same again to cook. Whether or not you have made pizza before, you will find this low carb tortilla pizza incredibly simple, and the sky is the limit as far as toppings are concerned. Use a low-carb tortilla to make your pizza. I recommend the Mama Lupe ones because they’re so good and only 3 carbs (and 60 calories) each. And they are the closest in flavor to regular tortillas. I also tried the La Tortilla brand for my low carb tortilla pizza because those are only 50 calories each but… nope not as good as the Mama Lupe ones. This low .....