Low Carb Mini Quiches Recipe
Whether you serve these low carb mini quiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a snack, there is no doubt these mini quiches will satisfy your hunger. Eggs are a basic staple on low carb diets because they offer plenty of nutrients, they are filling and tasty, and there are so many recipes you can make with this versatile, budget ingredient. Eggs are great for vegetarians and pescetarians, as well as carnivores.
Low Carb Mini Quiches: An Easy Freezy Idea!
One great thing about this low carb mini quiches recipe is you can freeze the quiches, then just pop one in the microwave for half a minute. Make a big batch at once and you will have breakfast sorted out for the next few weeks.
Feel free to add any ingredients you like to these low carb mini quiches. I usually add onion and bacon and some kind of cheese too. You can also add diced asparagus, mushrooms or other veggies.
When learning how to make vegetable quiche you might wonder what difference it makes not having the crust. Actually you won’t miss it at all! Have a go at this recipe and see how tasty the low carb quiche is. They are only 1.5 carbs each, so you can even indulge in more than one!
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 diced onion
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 100g (1 cup) grated cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Finely diced mushrooms
- Finely diced asparagus
- Finely diced bell pepper
- Brown the bacon in a skillet and drain off the grease.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- You can also cook the mushrooms, asparagus and/or bell pepper with the onion if using.
- Let these cool on a plate for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with the cream, thyme, salt and pepper, then fold in the cheese.
- Stir in any other ingredients you want to add like spices or some kind of dried herbs.
- Grease 12 muffin cups and add some bacon and onions to each one, then divide the egg mixture between the cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 175C/350F or until the tops are golden brown.
Whether you choose to serve these low carb mini quiches hot or chilled, there is no doubt you will enjoy them. You can see in the picture they are garnished with some sour cream and chives. This would be a nice idea if you were to make them for a special occasion but if they are just for you then just serve them as they are, perhaps with some fried mushrooms and half a tomato to complete your low carb breakfast.
These low carb mini quiches are very simple to make and if you don’t eat meat you can swap the bacon for something else, perhaps some diced veggies. You can see in the recipe the optional veggies are cooked with the onion. If you prefer some crunch in your quiche feel free not to cook the onion or any other veggies and instead just add them to the quiches before baking. That way they will come out crispy, adding interesting texture to the mini quiches.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Easy Baked Chicken LegsIf you have some chicken legs, or chicken leg quarters, in other words the thigh and drumstick attached, then you might be wondering how to cook them. I love to make easy baked chicken legs regularly. The good news is this cut of chicken is not only economical but filling, tasty (because it is higher in fat than the chicken breast) and easy to cook. Although you can slow cook chicken legs, I nearly always bake them in the oven because this gets the skin really crisp, and that’s the best bit! How to Get Chicken Skin Crispy on Easy Baked Chicken Legs You will need to add salt plus some kind of fat to get the skin to crisp up. This .....
- Easy Potato and Cherry Tomato FrittataThis healthy, colorful recipe is rich in vitamins and minerals, and it makes a delicious meal, whether you have it for breakfast or brunch, lunch or dinner. A frittata is an Italian egg-based dish, a bit like a crustless quiche or omelet. I love this potato and cherry tomato frittata because of the combination of flavors and textures. Frittata comes from ‘friggere’ – the Italian word for ‘fried’ – and such a dish can include cheese, vegetables, pasta, eggs, or anything else you like. This term used to refer to eggs cooked in a skillet, whether you are making an omelet, fried egg or even tortilla de patatas .....
- 7 Cauliflower Rice RecipesCauliflower rice, also known as cauli rice, is a low-calorie, low-carb alternative to regular rice. You can make it with a food processor or, if you don’t have one, a cheese grater. There are different ways to cook cauliflower rice recipes too, such as on the stove, in the oven, or even in the microwave. Although cauliflower obviously doesn’t share the exact same flavor as rice, you can get the appearance and texture very close. It is well worth knowing how to make cauliflower rice recipes, even if you are not trying to reduce your carb or calorie intake. Cauliflower is rich in protein, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, phosphorus, .....
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore with Thighs and BreastsThis easy chicken cacciatore with thighs and breasts recipe is seriously impressive. With the right wow factor for a dinner party but with an ease of preparation to make the cook smile, you can’t go wrong with a chicken cacciatore recipe. This easy chicken cacciatore with thighs and breasts features chicken as well as wine, fresh herbs, tomato sauce and a few capers for good measure. Garlic and onion also feature for a nice, earthy flavor. Serve your chicken cacciatore with noodles or rice, or even mashed potatoes if you want to have the ‘comfort food’ type appeal, as well as your favorite steamed veggies. What does .....
- Vegan Parsnip Crisps RecipeThis vegan parsnip crisps recipe is really well worth making. The crisps (chips) are made from parsnips. You can serve them as they are or with any dip you like, such as an onion dip, hummus or a salsa. These are one of our easiest vegan recipes. Vegan Parsnip Crisps: Crispy Crunchy Appeal Crisps are normally made from potatoes of course, and then you have ones made with sweet potatoes, but these are very similar, albeit offering a slightly more unusual flavor. Parsnips are tasty and versatile. They can be roasted or used to make a mash, or they might go in a soup or stew. Parsnips are lovely roasted and served alongside a roast, even a nut .....
- Succulent Shrimp SandwichesShrimp, or prawns as they are also known, are great for making succulent shrimp sandwiches. Simply peel and cook them, then toss with mayonnaise, adding in some salt and black pepper for flavor, and spread this over white bread (or whole wheat if you prefer) to make the most delicious little succulent shrimp sandwiches. These succulent shrimp sandwiches are nice for lunch or as a snack, or you could enjoy them mid-afternoon with tea or coffee. If you have large shrimp, cut them in half. Smaller ones can be left as they are. You can use thawed, fresh or canned shrimp in this succulent shrimp sandwiches recipe but ensure they are well drained .....
- Chinese Chicken SaladChinese chicken salad is a tasty, nutritious option and it makes a wonderful lunch. Perhaps you usually have ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing or Italian dressing over mixed leaves and you are getting tired of it. Or it could be you are simply looking for new lunch inspiration. Whichever is the case, this Chinese chicken salad is very simple to prepare and the flavors work wonderfully together. What is Chinese Chicken Salad? You can use a julienne peeler to cut the vegetables into matchstick shapes, or if you don’t have one cut them by hand. We are using romaine and baby leaves in this dish too, along with grilled chicken, edamame .....
- Octopus and Squid Stir FryLast night I decided to make seafood so I grabbed some raw squid (calamari) tubes and also 2 cooked octopus legs. I had an idea of how to cook them but wasn’t sure how to reheat the octopus without it going tough. I really wanted an octopus and squid stir fry though, so I went ahead with it. On the package it said to give it a couple of minutes in the microwave but I wasn’t keen on that idea. Instead I prepared a stir-fry type dish with the squid, then added the octopus at the end and just stirred it into the rest of the mixture until it was warmed through. It came out really well and octopus and squid stir fry is something I .....
- British Bangers and Mash RecipeWhat is bangers and mash, you might be wondering, and how do you make a British bangers and mash recipe? Well, one of the most popular examples of British comfort food, bangers and mash is a dish of bangers (sausages) with mash (mashed potatoes). It is usually served with thick brown onion gravy drizzled over the top. I like to use plenty of onions in this British bangers and mash recipe or even forgo the sauteed onions and make a delicious onion gravy. You can use any gravy you want, either making it the lazy way with gravy granules or, if you prefer, making your own from scratch. What Kind of Sausages for a British Bangers and Mash Recipe? .....
- Friends: The Complete Series CollectionFriends is one of the most successful TV sitcoms ever and it’s won a lot of awards. If you loved Friends when it was on TV you might be thinking about buying Friends the Complete Series so you can enjoy these great episodes all over again. If you have never seen the show you don’t know what you’ve missed! If you did watch it then you’re probably smiling right now, remembering some of the classic episodes. Who Created Friends? The show was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, and it aired on NBC from September 22, 1994 through to May 6, 2004. Some More Hot Content For You Tender Oven Baked Short Ribs Elegant Old .....