Low Carb Mini Quiches Recipe
Whether you serve these low carb mini quiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a snack, there is no doubt these mini quiches will satisfy your hunger. Eggs are a basic staple on low carb diets because they offer plenty of nutrients, they are filling and tasty, and there are so many recipes you can make with this versatile, budget ingredient. Eggs are great for vegetarians and pescetarians, as well as carnivores.
Low Carb Mini Quiches: An Easy Freezy Idea!
One great thing about this low carb mini quiches recipe is you can freeze the quiches, then just pop one in the microwave for half a minute. Make a big batch at once and you will have breakfast sorted out for the next few weeks.
Feel free to add any ingredients you like to these low carb mini quiches. I usually add onion and bacon and some kind of cheese too. You can also add diced asparagus, mushrooms or other veggies.
When learning how to make vegetable quiche you might wonder what difference it makes not having the crust. Actually you won’t miss it at all! Have a go at this recipe and see how tasty the low carb quiche is. They are only 1.5 carbs each, so you can even indulge in more than one!
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 diced onion
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 100g (1 cup) grated cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Finely diced mushrooms
- Finely diced asparagus
- Finely diced bell pepper
- Brown the bacon in a skillet and drain off the grease.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- You can also cook the mushrooms, asparagus and/or bell pepper with the onion if using.
- Let these cool on a plate for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with the cream, thyme, salt and pepper, then fold in the cheese.
- Stir in any other ingredients you want to add like spices or some kind of dried herbs.
- Grease 12 muffin cups and add some bacon and onions to each one, then divide the egg mixture between the cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 175C/350F or until the tops are golden brown.
Whether you choose to serve these low carb mini quiches hot or chilled, there is no doubt you will enjoy them. You can see in the picture they are garnished with some sour cream and chives. This would be a nice idea if you were to make them for a special occasion but if they are just for you then just serve them as they are, perhaps with some fried mushrooms and half a tomato to complete your low carb breakfast.
These low carb mini quiches are very simple to make and if you don’t eat meat you can swap the bacon for something else, perhaps some diced veggies. You can see in the recipe the optional veggies are cooked with the onion. If you prefer some crunch in your quiche feel free not to cook the onion or any other veggies and instead just add them to the quiches before baking. That way they will come out crispy, adding interesting texture to the mini quiches.