Low Carb Mini Quiches Recipe
Whether you serve these low carb mini quiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a snack, there is no doubt these mini quiches will satisfy your hunger. Eggs are a basic staple on low carb diets because they offer plenty of nutrients, they are filling and tasty, and there are so many recipes you can make with this versatile, budget ingredient. Eggs are great for vegetarians and pescetarians, as well as carnivores.
Low Carb Mini Quiches: An Easy Freezy Idea!
One great thing about this low carb mini quiches recipe is you can freeze the quiches, then just pop one in the microwave for half a minute. Make a big batch at once and you will have breakfast sorted out for the next few weeks.
Feel free to add any ingredients you like to these low carb mini quiches. I usually add onion and bacon and some kind of cheese too. You can also add diced asparagus, mushrooms or other veggies.
When learning how to make vegetable quiche you might wonder what difference it makes not having the crust. Actually you won’t miss it at all! Have a go at this recipe and see how tasty the low carb quiche is. They are only 1.5 carbs each, so you can even indulge in more than one!
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 diced onion
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 100g (1 cup) grated cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Finely diced mushrooms
- Finely diced asparagus
- Finely diced bell pepper
- Brown the bacon in a skillet and drain off the grease.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- You can also cook the mushrooms, asparagus and/or bell pepper with the onion if using.
- Let these cool on a plate for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with the cream, thyme, salt and pepper, then fold in the cheese.
- Stir in any other ingredients you want to add like spices or some kind of dried herbs.
- Grease 12 muffin cups and add some bacon and onions to each one, then divide the egg mixture between the cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 175C/350F or until the tops are golden brown.
Whether you choose to serve these low carb mini quiches hot or chilled, there is no doubt you will enjoy them. You can see in the picture they are garnished with some sour cream and chives. This would be a nice idea if you were to make them for a special occasion but if they are just for you then just serve them as they are, perhaps with some fried mushrooms and half a tomato to complete your low carb breakfast.
These low carb mini quiches are very simple to make and if you don’t eat meat you can swap the bacon for something else, perhaps some diced veggies. You can see in the recipe the optional veggies are cooked with the onion. If you prefer some crunch in your quiche feel free not to cook the onion or any other veggies and instead just add them to the quiches before baking. That way they will come out crispy, adding interesting texture to the mini quiches.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Tasty Tuna Pasta Salad with ArtichokesThis tuna pasta salad with artichokes recipe is right up your street if you are looking for something new to do with pasta and tuna, and you would prefer something cold to hot. This dish can be eaten by itself, paired with mixed salad leaves, taken to school or work as a box lunch, or made in bulk for a potluck supper, gathering or special event. It is simple to prepare and you can use canned tuna and artichokes for ease of preparation. This lovely tuna pasta salad with artichokes recipe is usually served chilled but, for a change of pace, you might want to serve it warm, while the pasta is hot and the tuna mixture is cold. Combine all the .....
- Kitchen Cookware Every Home Cook NeedsKitchen cookware means different kinds of pots and pans which you use for different things. Some cookware items can be substituted for things you don’t have and still do the job. You can get stainless steel cookware, induction cookware, professional cookware, extra safe cookware and Indian cookware including Benglali cookware to improve your culinary experience. Choose from cookware in different sizes and made of different materials, such as glass, aluminium, steel etc. Some materials are better than others for different purposes. Before buying any kitchen cookware though, you should consider a few things. Budget First of all, what is .....
- Best Beer Brewing SystemsBrewing systems come in different shapes and sizes, so you can choose whatever of the best beer brewing systems is best for you. This device will allow you to make your own beer or other drinks at home without having to lift heavy brew kettles. You can choose from beer, wine, cider, mead, and other drinks using the process of fermentation. You can make non-alcoholic or alcoholic drinks with these systems. It’s Legal, Right? Well, the legality of home brewing does vary from place to place, although it has been done in various places all over the globe for over 7000 years. If you fancy making your own beer, why not have a look at some of .....
- Best Chicken Pumpkin Risotto RecipeThis is such a great recipe for the fall (or maybe you call it autumn, depending where you’re from) and the juicy chicken, sweet pumpkin, comforting rice, and other tasty flavors in here combine beautifully to make this gorgeous chicken pumpkin risotto. To make a flavor-packed risotto, stick to delicate, fragrant flavors, and you will experience this timeless Italian dish the way it was meant to be enjoyed. That Wonderful Risotto Texture To get the texture of the chicken pumpkin risotto just right, use risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli perhaps) and keep adding the liquid in small amounts, letting the rice absorb the liquid before .....
- Apple and Parsnip Soup RecipeParsnip is a great ingredient for soups because it goes well with other vegetables or with fruit and has a great flavor. You can grow your own parsnips if you live somewhere cold because they don’t reach their peak until they’ve had a couple of hard frosts. This apple and parsnip soup recipe is easy to make and really good for any season. It makes pretty good comfort food too! Beautiful Flavor Combo This apple and parsnip soup recipe is warming and what I especially love about it is the combination of sweet and savory it offers. The apple is of course sweet while the parsnip is mostly savory but with a special, natural sweetness .....
- Hot and Sour Squid SoupHot and sour soup is a lovely Chinese dish, featuring chili, vegetables and more, but this recipe takes the recipe to the next level adding squid to the mix, so you can enjoy the wonderfully soft texture of that in the soup. A hot and sour squid soup might sound like an exotic recipe but it is really easy to make. Take a look at the following hot and sour squid soup recipe and you will see how anyone could put this together. Feel free to make it as spicy or as mild as you like. If you are feeling under the weather or you think you are getting a cold or the flu, up the spices to help fight it off! You can make this soup as an appetizer or .....
- Tandoori Chicken in the OvenThis wonderful recipe for tandoori chicken in the oven is made with chicken pieces. You can use drumsticks, breast halves, leg quarters or chicken thighs, either bone-in or boneless to make tandoori chicken in the oven. The marinade is made with yogurt (use whole or nonfat, as you prefer) along with lemon juice, garlic, chili paste and a variety of aromatic spices, Leave the chicken pieces in the marinade overnight for the best results. Once the chicken is marinated and you are ready to cook it, get the oven nice and hot, then arrange the chicken on a rack over a roasting pan so all the parts of the chicken are exposed to the heat and so any .....
- Tuna Nicoise SaladThe classic French tuna nicoise salad is made with tuna, tomatoes, eggs, and nicoise olives. It can be served on a platter or on single plates. Some people like to serve it on a bed of salad leaves while others do not. You can use cooked or canned tuna. Perhaps you have had this before in a French restaurant, in which case it would have been made with ahi tuna (or canned tuna if it was a more casual setting). The following recipe shows you how to recreate this wonderfully balanced dish yourself. Optional Ingredients in Tuna Nicoise Salad Optional ingredients in tuna nicoise salad might include shallots, sweet red peppers and artichoke .....
- How to Make Vegetable QuicheFew things are as delicious as a good vegetarian quiche, and learning how to make vegetable quiche is something that any home cook can do with ease. You can include as few or as many veggies as you like, and choose from various types of crusts and fillings, to make your vegetarian quiche recipe perfect for your palate. Once you discover how to make quiche you will want to experiment with diverse crusts and fillings. Not only will you love the resulting quiche but your family are sure to love it too. Quiche is a healthy option, boasting the protein from eggs, the nutrients in the veggies, and it is also really filling and will keep you .....
- Luxurious Irish Cream ShakeThis Irish cream shake is so good and it is really quick to make too. Brew some strong coffee and let it cool down, then put it in the blender with Bailey’s, ice cream and coconut milk to make this thick, creamy shake. Ideal for St Patrick’s Day or just whenever you want to spoil yourself with a wonderful treat, this Irish cream shake always goes down well, and the flavor is amazing. This Irish cream shake recipe serves 2 people but it is easy enough to double or triple the recipe if you are serving more. If you want, you may top the shake with whipped cream and chocolate curls for a nice presentation, else you can serve smaller .....