Pork Potstickers Wonton Recipe
These easy potstickers or soft wontons are nice served with a homemade hot garlic potsticker sauce. You can make this by mashing 4 garlic cloves, ½ teaspoon of Szechuan hot oil and a teaspoon each of sherry and vinegar. Stir in 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and you will have a wonderful garlic sauce. Anyone who loves pork and Chinese cuisine is going to enjoy this pork potstickers wonton recipe because it’s so satisfying.
The Perfect Dipping Sauce
You can use a bottled garlic sauce if you prefer, or serve this pan-fried pork potstickers wonton recipe with sweet chili sauce. Chinese mustard or hoisin sauce are other options. Perhaps you would like to offer some of each at the table, to give everyone the option of choosing their own condiment.
Serve this pork potstickers wonton recipe garnished with cilantro (fresh coriander) or edible flowers if you like, or simply as they are. So, if you have never made a chicken potsticker recipe, potsticker soup or lobster potsticker recipe, let the following directions guide you. There is nothing difficult about making these tasty little snacks. They are so good. One is never enough so ensure you make a batch of them because they tend to disappear fast!!
Potstickers are similar to wontons because they are in a thin dough wrapper, but they are boiled first and then pan-fried to make them sticky.
- 8 oz (225g) cooked boneless pork, in 1 inch squares
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ bunch halved green (spring) onions
- 1 ½ cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 6 tablespoons water
- Dash of MSG (optional)
- ½ cup (120ml) cooking oil, for pan-frying
- Use the food processor to chop the pork and green onions coarsely. Add the ginger, soy sauce, egg yolk, sherry, lemon pepper and sesame oil. Process briefly to mix.
- Transfer the pork mixture to a plate and clean out the food processor.
- Put the flour and MSG in the food processor bowl and process, adding the water all at the same time. Keep processing until you have a dough ball, then roll it out on a lightly floured board and cut 2 inch circles using a biscuit cutter.
- These should be 1/16 inch (1.5 mm) thick.
- Put a teaspoon of the pork mixture in the middle of each dough circle and roll the circles up to make balls or fold the circles over to make half-moons. Press the edges together with your fingers and put the wontons on a greased plate.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and drop the wontons in the water. Let them boil for a minute after they have floated up to the surface, then drain well. Let them cool a bit on the oiled plate.
- Heat ½ cup of cooking oil in a skillet over a moderate to high heat. Fry the wontons, turning frequently, until lightly brown. Drain on paper towels and serve this pork wonton recipe with your preferred sauce.
So are you going to make this pork potstickers wonton recipe yourself? Pork potstickers must be one of the best recipes every invented. The flavors in this wonderful pork potstickers recipe are really good. The ingredients are easy to find and the process for making the potstickers is much simpler than many home cooks would have thought. Some families like to go out for Chinese food, or get a takeout, once a week, but that is no longer necessary once you have learnt a few new Chinese recipes, because it is easy to make your own Chinese food at home. Homemade Chinese recipes are usually cheaper, fresher, better quality and tastier as well.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Exact Copycat IHOP Pancakes RecipeIf you love the flavor and texture of IHOP pancakes you are not alone. These delicious, fluffy treats make a wonderful breakfast, teamed with maple syrup or another type of syrup if you are kind of hungry, or eggs, bacon and the whole enchilada if you have a raging appetite! I wanted to make copycat IHOP pancakes so I could prepare them at home. Perhaps you are in the mood for this authentic IHOP pancakes recipe but you don’t really want to get in the car and drive, in which case try the following recipe because the texture and flavor will be just like the IHOP pancakes you know and love. Copycat IHOP Pancakes – Beautiful Lazy .....
- What to Expect from Cheilectomy SurgeryA cheilectomy operation is a surgical procedure which is done to remove bone spurs from the big toe. If you suffer from big toe pain or stiffness, big toe arthritis or hallux rigidus, this operation might help you. You will want to know what to expect from cheilectomy surgery if you or a loved one are going to have this surgery. I am writing this lens about what to expect from cheilectomy (sometimes misspelled kailectomy or chilectomy) because I had the procedure myself nearly 2 years ago. I want to share my own experience and tell you what to expect. I also have some great tips, as someone who has been through a cheilectomy surgery. This .....
- Easy Eggs BenedictEasy eggs Benedict is one of the most amazing breakfast recipes ever. A toasted English muffin is topped with Canadian bacon, poached egg and finally homemade Hollandaise sauce for a rich, creamy and mouthwatering eat. There are plenty of recipes online for diet versions of this dish but in my opinion nothing beats the real thing, so save this for a special occasion like your Christmas morning breakfast, or make it for someone’s birthday if you are concerned about the fat/calories or whatever. Made this way, you are sure to end up with the most mouthwatering version of the dish – the original version. If you are making this for vegetarians, .....
- What are WontonsSo, What are Wontons Exactly? A wonton, which can also be spelt wanton, wuntun, won ton or wantan, is a type of Chinese dumpling. Wontons are made by wrapping your chosen filling in a wonton wrapper and then molding the wonton into the shape you like. You can dip your fingertip into water to moisten the edges of the wonton wrapper before sealing it – this helps it to stick better and stay closed, because the water dissolves the extra flour. Make sure you squeeze all the air out of the wonton, else it might rupture because of the internal pressure from the trapped air. What are wontons? Well they’re one of the most delicious little .....
- Perfect Cheese FondueCheese fondue is an amazing dish made with melted cheeses and other ingredients, and served with chunks of bread for dipping. Making fondue is really simple, and largely just a matter of adding your ingredients to a fondue dish and letting them melt and blend. Some fondue sets use a flame while others are electric. You can also get different kinds, so if you like to make chocolate fondue or meat fondue, you might like to collect the fondue kits, since the thick earthenware cheese fondue bowl isn’t the one needed to make meat or chocolate fondue. Our recipe for cheese fondue is very simple to make and you will love the authentic cheese .....
- Chinese Kitchen EssentialsSome Chinese utensils are the same as Western ones, but not all. To make the best Chinese recipes you will need various pots and pans, ladles and spoons or spatulas. Yes, investing in Chinese kitchen essentials is going to be a good idea if you want to rustle up authentic Chinese recipes. A good-quality wok is also a staple, and you might like to get a bamboo steamer too since you can make steamed wontons in there, or even cook vegetables or chicken. A bamboo steamer can be yours for just $4 or $5. The texture of the bamboo allows steam to circulate and evaporate so you do not get a lot of moisture stuck on the lid. Also, you can steam more .....
- Which Starter to Serve with Your Main CourseChoosing which starter to serve alongside your main course may seem like a straightforward task; however there are several different elements that you need to consider. When you are planning your menu, you may be surprised to know that you need to choose your main course first. Once this has been selected, you can begin to build the rest of the dinner around this core dish. The main course that you choose is often considered to be the focal point of the whole meal; this means the starter will simply be there to complement the dish. There are basic guidelines and rules that are used to ensure that you do not make any mistakes whilst selecting .....
- The Most Famous British StartersBritish food is considered by some non-Brits to be boring or stodgy. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Great British starter recipes include such delights as prawn cocktail, brown Windsor soup, cheese and tomato tartlets, homemade pate and more. Learn more about famous British starters and you will be able to rustle up all manner of delicious fare. In Wales you might find Welsh rarebit on the menu, which is basically grilled cheese on toast, but beer and Worcestershire sauce are used in the traditional recipe. Scottish food varies as widely as Scotland itself does but Scottish soups like cock-a-leekie and Scotch broth usually go .....
- Spicy Roast PotatoesThere are thousands of potato recipes, and many ways to prepare roast potatoes, including this spicy roast potatoes recipe. One of the nicest things to do with them is spice them up before roasting, and then you will be able to enjoy the aromatic spices and the potatoes too with their crispy outsides and fluffy hot insides. The following spicy roast potatoes recipe is very simple to make. You will need floury potatoes like King Edward, Yukon Gold, Charlotte, Maris Piper, or Duke of York. Floury varieties are better for mashing, fry-making or roasting, while non-floury potatoes suit boiling better. If you try to boil a floury potato it is .....
- Artichoke Dip RecipeHaving a party? Try this artichoke dip recipe! This is a great dip which is ideal with crackers or crudites such as celery and carrot slices. This artichoke dip recipe is also delicious with warm toasted bread. Artichokes are something a lot of people overlook in the grocery store but they are really nice, and you can use fresh or canned ones in so many recipes, such as baked pasta dishes and soups. A lot of artichoke dips feature spinach but this one doesn’t, just to make it more unique. The artichoke offers plenty of flavor of its own and does not require backup in the form of spinach. The dip comes out an off-white color because of .....