Sweet and Sour Sesame Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are always a good choice because they are full of flavor and nice to pick up and eat with the fingers. This sweet and sour sesame chicken wings recipe adds an Asian spin to the chicken, offering a wonderful sweet and sour flavor which you will love.
There are different ways to cook chicken wings. You might want to deep fry them with or without a coating, pan fry them, grill them, or even bake them in the oven. The chicken wings in this recipe are flavored and then baked in the oven until they are crispy and perfectly cooked. These sweet and sour sesame chicken wings are unique.
The chicken wings are flavored with garlic and salt, and the sauce is made using soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice and more, so you get equal parts of sweet and sour. Add a few sesame seeds for a nice presentation too.
What to Serve with Sweet and Sour Sesame Chicken Wings
Rice or noodles would be good with these sweet and sour chicken wings, or you might like to serve them on a bed of romaine or iceberg lettuce.
You can also serve some nice steamed or stir-fried veggies on the side, such as snow peas, matchstick-cut carrots, mushrooms and water chestnuts for example. Stir in a little soy sauce and a pinch of 5 spice if you want.
You do not want the side dishes to compete with the chicken wings in terms of flavor, so keep the side dishes simple and you can appreciate the chicken wing flavors even more.
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 beaten eggs
- Oil, for sauteing
- Sesame seeds
- Salt and black pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and warm it through for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk the garlic powder into the beaten egg.
- Dip the chicken wings in the cornstarch to coat evenly, adding a pinch each of salt and pepper if you like.
- Dip the coated chicken in beaten egg mixture then brown in a skillet with a little oil.
- When browned, transfer the wings into a baking dish.
- Pour half of the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the wings every 10 minutes and add more sauce every now and then.
- Sprinkle with some sesame seeds and bake for another 5 minutes.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Risotto Stuffed SquidThis Italian-inspired risotto stuffed squid recipe makes a delicious dinner and it is impressive enough to serve at a dinner party. Calamari is often battered and deep-fried but in this recipe it is stuffed with tasty risotto and cooked on the grill or griddle, then served in slices for a beautiful presentation. What Kind of Squid to Use for Risotto Stuffed Squid You can use whatever size squid you like. Use smallish ones (the width of your palm) and each person can eat 2 or even 3, or use larger ones and 1 per person should be sufficient. The size of the squid affects the cooking time (bigger squid take longer to become tender) but not the .....
- History of WontonsEveryone loves wontons! So what is the history of wontons and how did they come about, get so popular and make their way all over the globe into all of our hearts? Well, wontons originated in North China. They used to be sealed stuffed buns and were named ‘huidun’ which means chaos. The name was later changed to ‘wonton’ to suit the Chinese writing characters. Today the word wonton is understood all over the globe, and new varieties and flavors are coming out all the time. Flour wonton wrappers are stuffed, and then boiled, steamed or fried. They are very similar to Chinese dumplings, although wontons are made with .....
- Mexican Cauli RiceKnowing how to make cauliflower rice is very handy whether you are looking for a low-carb substitute for rice, you are trying to cut down your calories, or you simply want to use up a cauliflower or sneak some added nutrients into your meal. Try this Mexican cauli rice dish for yourself and you’ll be amazed how good it is. This Mexican cauliflower rice recipe is simple to prepare, and it is something you can tweak to your heart’s content. The first thing you need to do of course is transform your raw cauliflower into rice-sized pieces, and the easiest way to do this is to put it in the food processor with a blade attachment and .....
- How to Give Your Wontons an International FlairJust because wontons are Chinese in origin does not mean you have to stick with the tried and tested Chinese wonton recipes. International wontons are an exercise in experimentation and sometimes this fusion really works! Of course, traditional wonton soup is delicious and Chinese-style fried wontons offer a flavor experience that most people enjoy very much, but you might like to experiment with a different take on the classic wonton recipe. Since wonton skins are made with egg, flour and water, they do not have a lot of flavor. This means you can use any kind of filling and rest assured it will complement the wonton skin flavor. For .....
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Sweet PeppersThese cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers are gorgeous and I often make them as a side dish. I like to use the long pointy red peppers, both because of their nice, sweet flavor, and also because of how they lie flat on the plate and don’t fall over. You can use bell peppers if you want, or even chilies if you have a taste for them. Roast these in the oven or broil them if you prefer. Keep an eye on them. You will be able to see when they are done. Tweak if You Wish It is perfectly possible to tweak this cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers recipe based on what you have. I have made these with just the peppers and the cream cheese before .....
- Easy Spaghetti CarbonaraThis is a classic Italian dish made with spaghetti, bacon and eggs. There are different variations – some people add cream or cream cheese, some will add parsley or another herb, and others will use whole wheat spaghetti over white spaghetti. However you prefer it, an easy spaghetti carbonara recipe is well worth adding to your culinary repertoire. The following recipe is really simple, even if you are a newbie in the kitchen, and the flavor is amazing. This is good served with mixed salad leaves dressed with vinaigrette. Learning how to make spaghetti carbonara is a great idea if you want to serve something impressive but only have 2 .....
- How to Prepare a Cheese BoardA cheese board or cheese platter is always a popular sight at the table, whether served as a starter or after the meal. There are no hard and fast rules about setting up a cheese platter but we offer you some tips about putting together a tasty selection of cheeses. Learn how to prepare a cheese board and you will be able to rustle up this snack, appetizer or dessert alternative anytime the mood strikes. Choosing the Cheeses Aim for diversity in appearance, flavor and style. You might want to offer a hard cheese, a soft cheese and a blue cheese for example. Or you can serve three semi hard cheeses which are similar in texture but offer .....
- Easy Sukiyaki RecipeOne of my favorite Japanese dishes has to be sukiyaki. This is similar to shabu-shabu, and is a hot pot style dish with thinly sliced beef and vegetables in a sweet, tangy sauce. You can also get vegetarian sukiyaki recipes. This versatile and easy sukiyaki recipe is perfect for cool winter evenings, and you can present or even cook it in a pot in the middle of the dinner table. The ingredients are usually dipped into raw, beaten eggs before being eaten, although this is not so prevalent outside Japan. An easy sukiyaki recipe is usually a winter dish in Japan, often served at year-end parties. Thinly sliced beef is usually the meat that goes .....
- Making Ground Chicken for Wonton RecipesIf you have chicken breast or chicken tenders but not ground chicken, you can still make chicken wontons or chicken wonton soup, by grinding your own chicken. Preparing ground chicken for wonton recipes means you can make this tasty filling quickly and easily. Ground chicken (or minced chicken) needs to be chopped very finely, and the simplest way of doing it is to push the chicken through a grinder. Choose a medium-coarse grind setting. These old-fashioned meat grinders can be very handy. Did you ever see your mom or grandmother using one? They are made of iron and you simply insert your meat and crank the handle, and out comes ground .....
- What is Tex-Mex FoodTo sum up the answer to ‘what is Tex-Mex food’, Tex-Mex cuisine refers to primarily American dishes found in the state of Texas. This cuisine is a blend of American and Mexican foods. Some of these recipes might not be the same as the authentic Mexican version but it is still referred to as ‘Mexican’ in Texas. People in other states sometimes refer to Tex-Mex as ‘Southwestern’ food. Tex-Mex is thought by some people to be the oldest original cuisine in the US. It was named in 1875 and began when the Texas-Mexican Railway was called Tex-Mex for short. This term was also used for Mexicans who were born in .....