Classic Deviled Eggs Recipe
Deviled eggs are wonderful as a starter recipe. The eggs are boiled, then cut in half lengthwise. Mash the yolk with mayonnaise and seasonings to make a delicious filling, then garnish this classic deviled eggs recipe with fresh herb sprigs.
The resulting dish will look great and taste great too. This is something you can make in about 15 minutes, so if you are looking for starter recipes for a dinner party or something for last minute guests, this could become your go-to recipe.
Tips for Delicious Deviled Eggs
Some people like to add plenty of spice when making a classic deviled eggs recipe, and that could be chili powder, Tabasco sauce or even finely minced fresh chilies. Remember to remove the seeds before finely chopping them, unless you want the filling to be seriously hot.
If you do not want to add any heat at all then that is fine. Just the mustard and onion will give the filling a nice flavor, and a bit of salt and pepper will round it out nicely. You might even like to add a tiny bit of tomato paste to darken the yolk mixture a bit, if it looks too pale.
Classic Deviled Eggs Recipe: Make Ahead if You Wish
You can make deviled eggs in advance and then just keep them under plastic wrap in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them. These are lovely for special occasions like New Year’s Eve or a social gathering of any kind. Because the filling has mayo in it, it is best not to leave these in the heat or in the sun for more than a few minutes, but they are safe enough in a cool room if you serve the dishes buffet-style.
- 12 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 ½ oz (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Few drops of hot sauce (optional)
- Hard cook the eggs by boiling them in water for 12 minutes.
- Drain the hot water from the pan and run cold water over the eggs.
- Let them sit in the cool water a few minutes.
- Peel the eggs and slice each one in half using a sharp knife.
- Transfer the yolks to a small bowl.
- Arrange the whites on a serving plate.
- Mash the yolks with a fork, then mash in all the other ingredients.
- Pipe or spoon this mixture into the egg white halves.
- Enjoy this classic deviled eggs recipe chilled or at room temperature.
Deviled eggs make a wonderful starter recipe and they are incredibly easy to make. In the photo you can see the filling has been piped in, then you can see some of the egg yolk has been set to one side and crumbled, then sprinkled over the top. A sprig of parsley or cilantro finishes off the classic deviled eggs recipe in style, adding color and an elegant touch. If you do not have a piping bag, snip the corner off a small plastic bag, else you can just use a pair of teaspoons to transfer the yolk mixture into the whites. The presentation will not be as tidy but the flavor will be identical.
Some More Hot Content For You
- How to Make Wontons Like a ProThe first thing you need to do when making wontons is familiarize yourself with how these bite-sized treats are made, and find out what you need to make wontons. Knowing how to make wontons doesn’t require a whole lot of training. Practice makes perfect and really, it’s easy! You also need to decide what type of wonton recipe you wish to prepare. Do you want to make a classic wonton soup recipe or would you like to start off with baked wontons or fried ones? You can even steam them if you have a bamboo steamer and you want a softer texture. Once you have found a good recipe for your wonton filling, you can assemble your wontons .....
- Bring Modern Kitchen Trends into Your HomeModern kitchen trends can be daunting and many homeowners are concerned that they will dominate the house or not look right, or they find another reason to stick with the old stuff. However, if you research the different trends correctly, and ensure that you choose wisely, your kitchen will look and feel fantastic. You can include as many or as few of the modern kitchen trends as you want, and they can enhance your kitchen ensuring that you add personality to the room. Deciding Which Modern Kitchen Trends to Choose There are many different ways that you can enhance your kitchen and ensure that you include modern trends which will not cost .....
- Chili Squid with TomatoesThis chili squid with tomatoes recipe is for lovers of all things spicy, since chili is used plentifully. Chili and tomato goes well, which is good because the sauce is tomato-based. You could use fresh tomatoes for this but honestly the canned type are just as good here. The squid is stuffed with a mixture of egg, bread and cilantro. This is how you make this chili squid with tomatoes a success. The filling should be sticky but not too ‘wet’ so add the egg a little at a time. If it is not wet enough add extra egg to it. This is a very simple filling so you can appreciate the flavor of the squid without any of the ingredients .....
- Watermelon Mint Detox WaterDetox water recipes are all the rage these days, and little wonder when the concept is basically about making plain water delicious so you want to drink plenty of it. Water is absolutely essential but a lot of people struggle to drink enough of it. Once you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated and in need of this watermelon mint detox water or something similar. The obvious answer to this problem is flavoring regular water (tap water, bottled water, filtered water, whatever you like) with fruit, perhaps adding some kind of fresh herbs or spice to boost the flavor further. This recipe is one of my favorites. We are incorporating watermelon .....
- Herring, Potato and Dill Salad RecipeFish and potatoes have been served together for centuries and dill complements both of them. Sour cream, mayonnaise and gherkins finish off this delicious fish starter recipe perfectly. This herring, potato and dill salad recipe is easy to make and suits any occasion. Simple But a Nice Balance There are not many ingredients in this tasty herring recipe and that is because they would be unnecessary. This is a perfectly balanced dish and one of our more interesting starter recipes. Herrings are delicious and if you want ideas for fish starters, this is well worth considering......
- Greek Yogurt Avocado DipDips are always fun to make, especially if you have a food processor and can whip them up in seconds! Although sometimes a hot dip is good, such as this hot and creamy crab dip or even our tasty artichoke dip, cool and creamy dips are also good. Try our Greek yogurt avocado dip if you like cool, creamy dips for your chips or crudites. When I made this particular recipe I enjoyed it with Doritos, but you could serve this with crackers, vegetable crudites, melba toast, baguette bread slices, corn chips, potato chips, or anything else you want to dip in there. I made this in literally 3 minutes and the flavor was amazing. I wasn’t .....
- Crunchy Asian Salad with Sesame DressingThis is my current favorite crunch Asian salad with sesame dressing recipe. It contrasts crunchy and soft ingredients and boasts a wonderful Asian flavor in every mouthful. What really finishes it off perfectly is the roasted sesame dressing. I like to use rice noodles for this, although egg noodles would also work, or even thick udon noodles. For the vegetables in this Asian salad with sesame dressing, I like to use edamame beans, grated carrot and radish. You can either thaw some frozen shelled edamame beans or use fresh shelled ones, as you prefer. Buy grated carrot to save time when making an Asian salad with sesame dressing, else you .....
- Greek Lamb Pasta Bake with FetaThis Greek lamb pasta bake with feta is a delicious dish, pairing pasta with ground lamb, feta cheese and other Greek flavors. It is similar to pastitsio, Greece’s answer to lasagna, and you will find it really delicious and warming. Serve this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta with a simple salad on the side and a balsamic and extra-virgin olive oil dressing, or else just enjoy it by itself. If you’re into carbs, a slice of lightly toasted baguette bread would go well with this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta too. There are so many pasta bake recipes to choose from, and the great thing about such a dish is you can use pretty much .....
- How Many Calories in WineA lot of people dieting know how many calories are in food, or at least they have some idea and then find out the rest, so they can keep a record, but how about calories in wine because those count just as much. Wine drinkers might be surprised how many calories are in their favorite tipple. In fact, if you drink wine it’s vital to know. So, how many calories in wine exactly? Although most wines are less than 100 calories a glass that is not always the case and of course it depends on the serving size. Wine is lower in calories than a lot of other alcoholic drinks, with Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel at less than 80 calories a serving. .....
- Indian Ground Beef with Fresh Tomato SaladThis Indian ground beef recipe is just amazing and I have made it 5 or 6 times. Despite beef not being the most popular meat in India (the Holy Cow and all that) it works beautifully with this recipe and these seasonings, so if you are into beef and you want to make something Indian, consider this recipe. The ingredients in this Indian ground beef dish work amazingly together and the finished dish is just heaven on a plate. You will cook the beef and onion, then add chickpeas, curry powder and stock. This mixture is served spooned over naan bread with a fresh tomato and cilantro salad......