Delicious Curried Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs make a nice dish before any main course or you can serve them at a buffet or party. Curried deviled eggs are especially nice and the curry flavor goes really well with the egg taste. You can add a bit of sweet relish or minced sun-dried tomatoes too if you want to.
You might also want to add a couple of drops of Tabasco sauce or a bit of Dijon mustard to spice this deviled eggs recipe up. If you prefer plain deviled eggs, just leave out the curry powder and green onions. Most people will prefer the eggs slightly curried though.
More Tips for Curried Deviled Eggs
If you don’t have a piping bag to pipe the egg yolk filling back into the egg whites you can spoon it in, but obviously it looks more attractive if you pipe the filling in. It’s not tricky like decorating a cake – as long as you aim for the space in the egg white where the egg yolk was, you will be fine!
This recipe for curried deviled eggs is suitable for everyone, from beginner cooks upwards. Deviled eggs are great for buffets, dinner parties, cocktail parties and even for a nice snack at any time. The curry powder makes the yolk filling a more appetizing shade of yellow and the flavors go together beautifully in this easy starter recipe.
Curried Deviled Eggs: How to Hard Boil the Eggs
The best way to do this is simmer then for 17 minutes, then put them in a bowl of ice water. This shrinks the egg away from the shell. Put them back in simmering water for ten seconds to expand the shell from the egg, then chill them in the fridge. They are easier to peel when they are cold. Then you can go ahead and make the curried deviled eggs!
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 5½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions (spring onions)
- 1 teaspoon tomato concentrate (tomato puree)
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (fresh coriander), to garnish
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Take the yolks out and mash them in a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and keep mashing the yolks until you have a smooth paste.
- Add the green onions, tomato concentrate and curry powder and mix again.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pipe the mixture into the egg whites using a pastry bag with a star tip.
- If you don't have a pastry bag, you can spoon the filling in instead.
- Cover the deviled eggs and chill them in the fridge for up to 6 hours.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the curried deviled eggs and serve immediately.
These delicious curried deviled eggs are best served with a green salad, to add color. In the photo, the salad is made with arugula (rocket in British English) and red peppers but you can make a plain green salad if you prefer. If you are serving this starter recipe at a dinner party instead of making it for a buffet, you can serve each person 2 deviled egg halves on a single lettuce leaf, just to keep the garnish simple. Curried deviled eggs are easy to make and they taste really good. They are also satisfying to eat but won’t fill your guests up too much to enjoy their main course.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Easy Banana Bread with ApplesauceThis incredibly easy banana bread with applesauce recipe is made by combining bananas with applesauce, eggs, vanilla and flour. Some sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt also go into the mix. Making this is very straightforward because you just have to combine the ingredients in a bowl, transfer the resulting mixture into a greased loaf pan, and then you can bake it until done. Easy Banana Bread with Applesauce: Such a Tempting Snack Served hot with butter and honey, this makes the most amazing snack, and it is a great comfort food. Homemade banana bread appeals to all the family from the youngest to the most senior, and there are all .....
- Classic Prawn CocktailThis classic prawn cocktail recipe combines succulent Atlantic prawns with a homemade Marie Rose sauce and more. Shell-on prawns are the best variety to use for both texture and flavor. Classic Prawn Cocktail: Tips for the Prawns You can make a nice risotto stock from the shells after peeling them too. Most Atlantic prawns are sold cooked and frozen and the best way to defrost them is to leave the in the fridge for several hours. Don’t defrost them in water because they will lose some of their flavour. When you peel them, you should split them almost in half through their backs and remove the bitter dark vein running through them. This .....
- Discovering the Latest Modern Bathroom TrendsModern bathroom trends can suit every style, taste and budget, regardless of where you are in the world. More people than ever before are investing time and money into their bathrooms, and you will be amazed at the huge array of different trends available. There are several different ways that you can improve the look and feel of your bathroom with modern bathroom trends including a variety of different accessories and fittings. Creating the Perfect Environment You need to consider the overall feel that you want to achieve in your bathroom, and decide on your budget before you go shopping. Some of the latest modern trends are expensive so .....
- British Recipe for Shepherd’s PieA lot of people find this British recipe for shepherd’s pie perfect for the colder months, and I fall into that group. Really, is there anything more comforting or delicious than shepherd’s pie when the nights are getting cooler? Shepherd’s pie is often confused with cottage pie, but shepherd’s pie is made with ground lamb not ground beef. Think about it – shepherds have sheep not cows! If you want to use ground beef, then that’s also tasty but it’s technically cottage pie. Our British recipe for shepherd’s pie is made with lamb. We are making this in the British style, using bay leaves, thyme .....
- Chorizo Stuffed SquidThis chorizo stuffed squid recipe really is good. The baby squid are stuffed with chorizo to make this Spanish inspired chorizo stuffed squid meal. The end result is simply amazing. Whether or not you have cooked squid before, you are sure to find this a relatively easy recipe to follow and get right. Chorizo Stuffed Squid: Hmm, Fish and Meat Together? Although using chorizo and squid in the same recipe sounds odd, it really is good and the chorizo adds a beautiful salty finish to the seafood. Have you ever tried bacon-wrapped fish or prosciutto-wrapped shrimp? Seriously, pork and fish do go together really well. I wasn’t convinced but .....
- A Closer Look at Easy Wonton RecipesEasy wonton recipe ideas are vital for every keen cook who wants to learn more about Chinese cooking. Making your own wontons is a great idea if you want to make something simple yet tasty, using easy-to-find ingredients and common cooking methods. A lot of wonton recipes freeze well too, so you might wish to make a batch of wontons and freeze them for a future wonton soup recipe or fried wonton recipe. If you are feeding a crowd, you might like to offer them a platter of steaming hot crispy wontons, as well as a bowl of chili dipping sauce, or you could make dessert wontons to thrill your kids. There are easy wonton recipes for everybody. .....
- Deep-Fry Like a Chinese ChefAlthough stir-frying is more popular in Chinese cuisine than deep-frying, it is worth learning both. Discover how to deep-fry like a Chinese chef and it will open up many new possibilities of Chinese dishes you can prepare. You can either use a wok or a deep-fat fryer for deep-frying. If you are using a wok, slide the food in carefully, as you will not want spattering if you are going to professionally deep-fry like a Chinese chef. Add the ingredients in small amounts and do not crowd the wok, else you might get spillage or spattering, or the temperature might drop too fast. Most recipes will suggest that you heat to oil to about 365 degrees .....
- Mini Onion Quiches RecipeTry this mini onion quiches recipe if you want a fresh and delicious flavor in every bite. The tasty little treats make a wonderful vegetarian starter recipe. The cheese and onion mixture is a melt in the mouth filling and the pastry comes out crisp and tasty. These individual onion quiches look great and taste even better. If you like quiche asparagus might be a flavor you’d like to try. Cheese and ham quiche is another classic dish. Feel free to adjust the ingredients in this quiche recipe if you want, to make your preferred quiche flavor. The sky is the limit when working on your own dishes, rather than having to settle for the .....
- Authentic Malaysian Popiah RecipeThis is such a great Malaysian popiah recipe! Popiah, which literally means ‘thin wafer’ is like an egg roll, or spring roll, and this is common street food in Malaysia, but also found in Taiwan, Medan and Singapore. Shredded vegetables are always found in them, but some also contain shrimp, meat or egg. A Malaysian popiah recipe is a Chinese dish in origin, coming from the Fujian province of China. These little snacks are easy to make. Simply get yourself a package of popiah wrappers (spring roll or egg roll wrappers are fine) and julienne-cut your vegetables. A little salt and pepper is all we are using here for the seasoning .....
- Easy Salmon Patties with BreadcrumbsWhip up some of these easy salmon patties with breadcrumbs and you have a quick and easy evening meal for the whole family. I use canned salmon to make these easy salmon patties but you could use tuna instead or even crab. Just ensure it is drained well before incorporating with the other ingredients. Drain the salmon in a sieve and then combine it with a beaten egg, some onion and breadcrumbs, and that is all you need to add to make easy salmon patties with breadcrumbs. If you want to add extra ingredients though, go ahead and consider herbs, garlic, or anything else you wish to throw in there. I use a food processor to combine the .....