Honey Roasted Nuts with Rosemary
If you are looking for an amazing snack, consider this honey roasted nuts with rosemary recipe. You can use any kind of nuts you want, maybe just walnuts or cashews, or a selection of your favorites. Just choose plain ones, not the spiced, salted or already-roasted kind.
Walnuts work really well in this honey roasted nuts with rosemary recipe, or you might want to use different ones so people can take a peek and pick out their favorite ones. Make a big batch of this (perhaps double the recipe) if you have a crowd coming over, because the roasted nuts keep for up to a week in an airtight container.
The first thing to do when making honey roasted nuts with rosemary is roast the nuts in the oven, just to bring out their flavor and get them extra-crunchy. While they are roasting you can melt the butter with the honey, oil, salt and rosemary in the microwave, then toss the nuts with the honey mixture and then roast them again in the oven.
These honey roasted nuts with rosemary are a great party snack and even though you can offer nuts just as they are, without roasting them (literally just opening the package and tipping them into bowls) this recipe does take the dish to the next level, adding aromatic rosemary and sweet honey to the mix, as well as oil and butter to help the nuts roast and turn golden brown, and also to add a rich flavor.
Tips for Roasting Nuts
Although we prefer to cook these honey roasted nuts with rosemary in the oven, you can also do stage two (the second roasting) in a skillet on the stove if you want, and keep the stove on very low so you can scoop cups of this mixture into bowls and serve them warm, or keep topping the bowls up when they are becoming empty, and these honey roasted nuts are so good, believe me, nobody will be able to stop nibbling them!
We advise you to let the honey roasted nuts with rosemary cool a bit before serving them because they will be very hot when they first come out of the oven or off the stove. To judge whether they are done, simply look at the color. You will want them to be golden brown and smelling aromatic. You will find everyone asks you how to roast nuts in this way when you choose to serve this fantastic vegetarian-friendly appetizer. If you swap the butter for vegan-friendly spread or more oil, you can even serve this honey roasted nuts with rosemary as a vegan appetizer.
- 1 lb (450g) whole or roughly chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablesoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees (170 degrees C).
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil and arrange the nuts on it.
- Roast the nuts for 12 minutes, stirring them occasionally.
- Put the butter, honey, olive oil and rosemary in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the mixture for half a minute to melt the butter and coax the flavor out of the rosemary.
- Toss the roasted nuts with the butter mixture, stirring well to coat.
- Now put the tray back in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Grind a little salt over them, stir well and let them cool on the tray.
- Serve garnished with fresh rosemary if liked.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Types of Bath Tubs and Bath TapsBathrooms are an essential part of every home, and they can be as modern or traditional as you desire. Every element of the bathroom can suit your taste and needs, ensuring that this room in your home is perfect. There are different types of bath tubs to choose from you can get the result you really want. There are essential items which all bathrooms need, including a sink, toilet, and shower or bath. If you are fortunate enough to have a large bathroom you can have both. Many people cannot live without their bath tub, and some will spend hours relaxing and soaking away their stresses after deciding which of the types of bath tubs is best .....
- Charming Chicken PotstickersThese chicken potstickers are so good. One is never enough. Ten is too many. Well maybe. They’re just so tasty you’ll want to keep popping them into your mouthy! Potstickers are an Asian delight, and these little snacks are usually filled with meat and vegetables, along with Chinese seasonings. Pork is often used, but here we are using chicken instead. This chicken potstickers recipe is very simple to make and the potstickers make fantastic appetizers, whether you want to serve hot snacks with drinks, or a first course before your entree at dinner. You can use turkey if you prefer it to chicken. Along with the poultry these .....
- Low Carb Mini Quiches RecipeWhether you serve these low carb mini quiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a snack, there is no doubt these mini quiches will satisfy your hunger. Eggs are a basic staple on low carb diets because they offer plenty of nutrients, they are filling and tasty, and there are so many recipes you can make with this versatile, budget ingredient. Eggs are great for vegetarians and pescetarians, as well as carnivores. Low Carb Mini Quiches: An Easy Freezy Idea! One great thing about this low carb mini quiches recipe is you can freeze the quiches, then just pop one in the microwave for half a minute. Make a big batch at once and you will .....
- Cat Behavior ExplainedOur furry feline friends have some fascinating behavioral habits which might be confusing to their owners but they do have explanatory reasons. Why do cats purr for example? Does it mean they are happy and content? Here is a look at some of the more common feline behaviors so you can consider at least some cat behavior explained. Cat Behavior: Why Do Cats Purr? Cats use purring as a communication device. A cat will purr when something makes them feel happy, comfortable or safe. A kitten and its mother often purr together as a sign of comfort and being relaxed and the kitten will continue the purring behavior throughout its life. It has also .....
- Wonton Soup RecipesThere are hundreds of different wonton soup recipes to choose from and you can even make your own variations by switching one kind of meat for another, using different vegetables or even using a different kind of stock or broth for the wonton soup. The word “wonton” literally means “swallowing a cloud” and that is what the floating wontons are meant to resemble in the soup. You can serve wonton soup recipes for lunch or dinner, or serve small portions as an appetizer. One of the more unusual wonton soup recipes is duck wonton soup and the following recipe shows you how to make this delicious dish. You can make this .....
- Ruby’s Copycat Peanut Butter Wolf CocktailI first tried this gorgeous peanut butter wolf cocktail at Ruby Burgers in Queen Street, Exeter, currently my favorite American diner style restaurant in England! Although I don’t know the exact recipe they use, I have a copycat recipe for peanut butter wolf cocktail here which tastes very similar if you wish to recreate the flavor of this cocktail in your own home. It’s not the healthiest beverage but hey, festive times are a-coming and it’s always worth having a cocktail recipe like this up your sleeve! And consider trying my copycat version of their hoisin duck brioche too! Delicious Ingredients for Peanut Butter Wolf .....
- Warm Duck Breast SaladThis warm duck breast salad is one of my favorite recipes, and my husband especially loves this dish! It is really easy to make too, and a good introduction to the joys of working with duck breast. It does not take long to make. In fact you can have it ready in under half an hour, including both cooking and prep time. This warm duck breast salad is filling enough to be the main dish, but if you were looking for an appetizer duck salad then simply use this recipe to serve 4 and it will make a tasty, filling appetizer dish, or even 6 if you don’t want such large appetizer servings. Any leftover duck can always be refrigerated then used .....
- Dairy Free Cantaloupe and Prawn StarterThis dairy free cantaloupe and prawn starter recipe is also nut free and soy free, as well as dairy free. The delicious prawn salad is served inside a cantaloupe melon, making this a very attractive starter recipe as well as a delicious one. You can either cut the cantaloupe melons into wedges and serve them with the salad or use this recipe as the centrepieces for a buffet table. This is a colorful and appetizing starter recipe. Cantaloupe and Prawn Starter: Tweaks You Can Make You don’t have to use the melon at all for this seafood starter recipe if you don’t want to and a bed of salad leaves is fine instead. Use baby spinach, .....
- Salmon in Mustard Cream SauceSalmon is a powerhouse of nutrition. This salmon in mustard cream sauce recipe is just one idea for incorporating this juicy fish into a recipe. Wild-caught salmon boasts sweetness as well as a fatty touch which balances things out beautifully for the perfect mouth-feel. This would be beautiful with any kind of potatoes – mashed, boiled (with dill weed!) or crispy and roasted, along with your favorite green vegetable. Broccoli, zucchini (courgette) and green beans are definite contenders. Personally I love grilled green asparagus, so consider that as well. If you want to double up on the sauce it would make a fine vegetarian dip for .....
- Metallic Nail PolishThis product comes in a variety of gorgeous shades and the metallicness offers something special if you want a fashion forward look. Metallic nail polish isn’t for everyone but if you can carry it off it certainly looks stunning. Choose silver or gold for a special occasion, magnetic if you want to make crazy patterns, or something more neutral like bronze or shiny blue or gray for a funky, edge look. Metallic Nail Polish: The Option of Stickers If you do not want to paint anything on, you can get stickers which are nail-shaped stickers that adhere to your nails and look like you’ve had a proper manicure. This is a great way of .....