Mini Onion Quiches Recipe
Try this mini onion quiches recipe if you want a fresh and delicious flavor in every bite. The tasty little treats make a wonderful vegetarian starter recipe. The cheese and onion mixture is a melt in the mouth filling and the pastry comes out crisp and tasty. These individual onion quiches look great and taste even better.
If you like quiche asparagus might be a flavor you’d like to try. Cheese and ham quiche is another classic dish. Feel free to adjust the ingredients in this quiche recipe if you want, to make your preferred quiche flavor. The sky is the limit when working on your own dishes, rather than having to settle for the less-than-fresh offerings from your closest grocery store.
Tailor this Mini Onion Quiches Recipe to Your Palate
Although dieters often choose crustless quiche recipes for their reduced carb/calorie counts, you will find plenty of quiche recipes which can be converted for any taste, made with or without the crust, and made with any filling you personally favor.
Personally I adore quiche and could eat it every day! Well maybe not every day but you know what I mean. I like the traditional kind with lots of cheese and a nice crust, although I did have the crustless ones when I was doing Atkins. I also like to add blue cheese to mine. The flavor is amazing! Make this mini onion quiches recipe today.
- 225g (8 oz) all-purpose flour
- 100g (3½ oz) butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- 100g (3½) oz grated Cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 150ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cilantro and raw onion slices (optional)
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the the mixture is like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the water gradually and form the mixture into a ball.
- Put it on a lightly floured board, roll it out and use it to line 4 quiche rings or flan dishes which are 4½ inches (11 cm) each.
- Cook the onion rings in the oil until they soften.
- Beat the eggs, add the milk, salt and pepper and cheese.
- Divide the onions between the 4 quiches.
- Pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven (about 190 C or 385 F) for half an hour.
Quiche is always fantastic and it can be served hot, warm or chilled. There are so many varieties to choose from too. Although a slice of quiche is always great (or a half of a big quiche if you are me!) some occasions are better suited to mini quiches, so everyone has their own individual portion. These look more charming and elegant, and are nice served with some salad leaves or a similar garnish, perhaps a sprig of parsley or basil. Quiche makes a wonderful snack or starter. This mini onion quiches recipe is easy and satisfying.
Image courtesy of WordRidden, on Flickr.com
Some More Hot Content For You
- Greek Stuffed Squid with Parsley and White WineKnown all over the world, this wonderful Greek take on stuffed squid is a surefire way to anyone’s heart. Greek stuffed squid with parsley will win its way to anyone’s heart. Want to impress someone? Easy! Just make this! Who else cooks seafood with as much passion or commitment as the Greeks? Greek stuffed squid with parsley is sure to be a hit. Well, perhaps other Mediterranean countries too, but this recipe is one of the nicest, and all the passion of the Greeks goes into selecting and preparing the ingredients, and the result is something you can call ‘gourmet’ and is definitely both well-balanced and highly .....
- Traditional Recipe for Cornish PastiesOne of the most famous dishes to come from Cornwall, England (well apart from tea and scones of course) is the Cornish pasty. This delicious snack can be enjoyed hot, warm or chilled, and the beef and vegetable filling complements the flaky pastry perfectly. Knowing the traditional recipe for Cornish pasties means you can prepare this delicacy for your family at home. Traditional Recipe for Cornish Pasties Dough We are making the pastry for our Cornish pasty (pronounced PAH-stee) recipe as well as preparing the filling. For the pastry you will need flour, butter, egg yolks, salt and baking powder. It helps to have a food processor to prepare .....
- What is the History of WineIt is hard to think of a party or festive gathering without wine being part of the proceedings, so you might be curious about the history of wine. It is even known as the ‘elixir of happiness’ which is why people sometimes think it was born right when man was, but of course it wasn’t. So who came up with the idea of fermenting fruit in the first place? It might interest you to know the history of wine goes back to ancient Egypt, and that was 2500 BC. Wine might even have been used before that. According to the evidence found, wine goes back to the ancient civilizations in Egypt. It is probable that early man discovered what fermentation did .....
- Succulent Shrimp SandwichesShrimp, or prawns as they are also known, are great for making succulent shrimp sandwiches. Simply peel and cook them, then toss with mayonnaise, adding in some salt and black pepper for flavor, and spread this over white bread (or whole wheat if you prefer) to make the most delicious little succulent shrimp sandwiches. These succulent shrimp sandwiches are nice for lunch or as a snack, or you could enjoy them mid-afternoon with tea or coffee. If you have large shrimp, cut them in half. Smaller ones can be left as they are. You can use thawed, fresh or canned shrimp in this succulent shrimp sandwiches recipe but ensure they are well drained .....
- Easy Marinated Chicken SkewersThis tasty chicken recipe will get your dinner off to a good start. Everyone will enjoy the flavor of these easy marinated chicken skewers regardless of the season or occasion. Don’t worry if you are new to cooking chicken because it really is easy. These kebabs are full-flavored and everyone is sure to love them. Most barbecued meats should be marinated overnight but since the chicken is chopped before you marinate it, a couple of hours in the fridge will be sufficient to infuse them with marvelous flavor. Simple Flavors Here This easy marinated chicken skewers recipe is simple and the herbs, garlic and lemon juice are the main .....
- Easy Sauteed Brussels Sprouts RecipeWhen I remember Brussels sprouts from my childhood, unfortunately the memory makes me grimace a bit! I assumed Brussels sprouts were supposed to be soggy and flavorless but actually I have discovered a new way of cooking them. That’s right, read on to discover an easy sauteed Brussels sprouts recipe which might just convert even the most die-hard sprout hater! Although a lot of people just boil them, adding a pinch of bicarbonate of soda to keep them vivid green, sauteing them (cooking them in a pan with some oil or butter) is a much better way to go. I like to trim off the bottom, remove a few outer leaves and then slice them .....
- How to Cook Prime Rib for Juicy ResultsPrime rib is often called the king of beef cuts, and if you like your beef juicy, tender and delicious, you might like to learn more about how to cook prime rib yourself at home. Also known as a standing rib roast, prime rib is marbled with fat to keep it succulent, and it is very easy to cook too. You just need to start it in the oven on a high temperature to brown it nicely, then turn the oven down so it can finish cooking without the meat drying out. The center of your prime rib roast should be pink or red while the thinner tail-ends will be brown and more done. This is good because people get to choose if they want their meat .....
- Easy Recipe for Coq au VinCoq au vin is a wonderful French dish featuring chicken, bacon, mushrooms and red wine. Other typical ingredients in this dish include garlic, thyme and onion. Our easy recipe for coq au vin shows how to to prepare this wonderful French treat. If your mouth is watering already you are not alone. This combination of ingredients appeals to nearly every palate, offering both richness and gentle aromatic flavor. Harmonious Flavors Come Together The red wine and bacon work beautifully together to add a special rich taste to the finished easy recipe for coq au vin dish, and of course the chicken thighs offer plenty of juicy flavor of their own. .....
- Best Bling iPad CasesTake a look at these gorgeous covers and make your tablet really sparkle! iPad cases come in lots of styles but choosing ones with bling means your tablet will look incredible and who doesn’t love bling iPad cases? Choose from lots of different sparkly covers to jazz up your tablet and everyone will be jealous of it. Even if you are not sure what style you like, take a peek at some of the different designs on offer and perhaps you will find something you adore. Choose from various colors, styles and types of bling for your bling iPad cases, or pick out the perfect sparkly cover or case as a gift for someone in your family or friends .....
- Rune Stones – A Beginner’s GuideWhat are rune stones? Well, rune stones, or runes as they are also known, are a system of communication, decision making and divination. There are 24 runes in a set and they are like an alphabet of the North and North Central Europe. To Buy or Make Rune Stones You can buy runes from New Age shops or online, but a lot of people like to make their own, and you can use stones or discs made from wood. Rune stones are often engraved but some are painted or drawn on instead. One way to make your own runes would be to find 24 similar size pebbles or cut 24 discs out of wood, and write on each one with a black marker pen. Some More Hot Content For .....