Mini Onion Quiches Recipe
Try this mini onion quiches recipe if you want a fresh and delicious flavor in every bite. The tasty little treats make a wonderful vegetarian starter recipe. The cheese and onion mixture is a melt in the mouth filling and the pastry comes out crisp and tasty. These individual onion quiches look great and taste even better.
If you like quiche asparagus might be a flavor you’d like to try. Cheese and ham quiche is another classic dish. Feel free to adjust the ingredients in this quiche recipe if you want, to make your preferred quiche flavor. The sky is the limit when working on your own dishes, rather than having to settle for the less-than-fresh offerings from your closest grocery store.
Tailor this Mini Onion Quiches Recipe to Your Palate
Although dieters often choose crustless quiche recipes for their reduced carb/calorie counts, you will find plenty of quiche recipes which can be converted for any taste, made with or without the crust, and made with any filling you personally favor.
Personally I adore quiche and could eat it every day! Well maybe not every day but you know what I mean. I like the traditional kind with lots of cheese and a nice crust, although I did have the crustless ones when I was doing Atkins. I also like to add blue cheese to mine. The flavor is amazing! Make this mini onion quiches recipe today.
- 225g (8 oz) all-purpose flour
- 100g (3½ oz) butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- 100g (3½) oz grated Cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 150ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cilantro and raw onion slices (optional)
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the the mixture is like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the water gradually and form the mixture into a ball.
- Put it on a lightly floured board, roll it out and use it to line 4 quiche rings or flan dishes which are 4½ inches (11 cm) each.
- Cook the onion rings in the oil until they soften.
- Beat the eggs, add the milk, salt and pepper and cheese.
- Divide the onions between the 4 quiches.
- Pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven (about 190 C or 385 F) for half an hour.
Quiche is always fantastic and it can be served hot, warm or chilled. There are so many varieties to choose from too. Although a slice of quiche is always great (or a half of a big quiche if you are me!) some occasions are better suited to mini quiches, so everyone has their own individual portion. These look more charming and elegant, and are nice served with some salad leaves or a similar garnish, perhaps a sprig of parsley or basil. Quiche makes a wonderful snack or starter. This mini onion quiches recipe is easy and satisfying.
Image courtesy of WordRidden, on Flickr.com
Some More Hot Content For You
- Creamy Mushroom StroganoffThis creamy mushroom stroganoff recipe is so good. Combining mushrooms with onion and celery, this nutrient-rich dish is flavored with mixed herbs, basil and stock. You can use chicken or vegetable stock, as you wish. A little parsley and some sour cream is all you need to add to this mixture to finish it off well, perfecting both the flavor and texture of the dish. You might be more familiar with beef stroganoff but this exciting creamy mushroom stroganoff dish is also nice when you use an earthy vegetable to make it and mushrooms are idea. Celery also goes well in this. You can use full-fat or reduced-fat sour cream or crème fraîche to .....
- Exact Copycat IHOP Pancakes RecipeIf you love the flavor and texture of IHOP pancakes you are not alone. These delicious, fluffy treats make a wonderful breakfast, teamed with maple syrup or another type of syrup if you are kind of hungry, or eggs, bacon and the whole enchilada if you have a raging appetite! I wanted to make copycat IHOP pancakes so I could prepare them at home. Perhaps you are in the mood for this authentic IHOP pancakes recipe but you don’t really want to get in the car and drive, in which case try the following recipe because the texture and flavor will be just like the IHOP pancakes you know and love. Copycat IHOP Pancakes – Beautiful Lazy .....
- Best Wine Cooler for the HomeA wine cooler for the home is something you might want to consider. Wine coolers are becoming popular additions as more people include wine with every social gathering. Even if you do not enjoy a daily tipple you can still store your bottles in a cooler until required, then you know it will be the perfect temperature to serve. Not only is wine served for events and parties but as an everyday drink, which is enjoyed throughout the day. Storing the bottles can be a challenge, as you need to ensure that it is chilled correctly and the contents remain in perfect condition. This is why a wine cooler for the home could help. If you do not store .....
- Wonderful WontonsIf you are looking for an easy wonton recipe to impress your family, you are sure to find some very tempting wonton recipes right here. Everyone loves wonderful wontons and they are so easy to prepare. Maybe you are keen to try out meat wontons, fish wontons, dessert wontons, fried wontons, baked wontons or one of the best wonton soup recipes. There are so many wonderful wontons you can try! There are various ways to wrap wontons and ways to cook wontons so whether you fancy a crunchy filled wonton or a soft dumpling-like one, we have the best wonton recipes for you. It is easy to be spoilt for choice because all of these easy wonton recipes .....
- 12 Simple Indian Recipes for BeginnersIndian is one of my favorite cuisines and I just love the food. I have traveled around India and tasted the dishes how they are supposed to be made, because westernized Indian food really isn’t the same at all. I like to make simple Indian recipes for beginners because I just love the flavors but don’t have all day to cook. Indian food features all kinds of proteins from pork to chicken, fish, seafood, lamb and eggs, although beef isn’t used much in India, not at all in most places, because the cow is seen as holy in India. Indian curries are cooked over an open flame traditionally, and include plenty of aromatic spices as well as .....
- Beef and Cheese Stuffed Bell PeppersYou will find these beef and cheese stuffed bell peppers to be really filling. If you are not sure that one stuffed bell pepper is going to be sufficient for your meal, don’t worry, because it will be! I love making beef and cheese stuffed bell peppers. Sometimes I use a rice based stuffing but the beef and cheese option is also very nice. It is filling and if you are keeping an eye on your carbs then that is another reason to make these. Stuffed peppers look attractive and while some people throw the top away I like to cook it in the baking pan with the stuffed peppers and then put it back on at the end. I just like the presentation .....
- 1940s Kitchen StyleRetro kitchens are becoming more popular at the moment and it is a lot of fun to redecorate in the style of a certain era. 1940s style kitchens are particularly fun to create. Glass knobs, painted kitchen cabinets and vintage linens can be combined with modern appliances, for a functional and nice looking themed kitchen. You will not have to spend much money to get a 40s themed kitchen full of gorgeous 1940s kitchen style. Here are some good ideas to start you off – Lighting For an authentic 1940s style kitchen, try to keep the lighting simple. You can get wall sconces or vintage ceiling lights for an authentic look. You should add in .....
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....
- 7 Winter Comfort Food RecipesComfort food tends to be hot, thick and tasty, and it can apply to both sweet and savory dishes. What is your favorite comfort food? Do you love winter comfort food recipes as much as I do? Are you into burgers and fries, homemade mac and cheese, onion rings with a creamy dip, a bowl of chili, or how about apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream? Homemade bread is wonderful, as is pizza. Winter comfort food recipes might not be the healthiest of food but balance it out by eating healthy meals at other times, and it can be part of a balanced diet. Although American food is what many of us think of when considering comfort food recipes, other .....
- Traditional Greek Salad RecipeGreek salad is one of the most popular kinds, which is why most people have a good idea of what goes in there. Our traditional Greek salad recipe is simple to put together and you will recognize all the wonderful Mediterranean flavors in there. Feta cheese, olives, cucumber and tomatoes usually feature in this salad, but how do you make Greek dressing to finish it off in style, so you can close your eyes and imagine you are sitting by the ocean on a Greek beach? Read on and discover how to make our tasty and traditional Greek salad. This traditional Greek salad recipe is very simple and suitable for even novice home cooks. Sometimes I like .....