Stuffed Mini Peppers with Goat Cheese
These stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese make an incredible appetizer and my husband and I both love them. Where we live we can buy them in different varieties – some are sweet while others are spicy.
One store uses the pointy end of spicy chilies as their ‘mini’ peppers while others use mini sweet peppers, mostly red but sometimes green or yellow.
Green is more savory while yellow (and orange to a lesser extent) is sweeter. Whichever peppers you use in this stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese recipe, the flavor of these little bites is going to be fantastic. See what they sell in your local food market and decide whether you want a sweet, semi-spicy or piquant result, or you could make some of each.
Plenty of Tempting Choices
Making your own stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese over buying them saves you money, plus you get to decide what result you want – spicy, medium or mild, as well as what color peppers you want, plus whether to use only goat cheese for the filling, or to combine the goat cheese with sour cream and/or cream cheese. There are a lot of options here actually!
The flavor of the filling can be customized, not just by choosing the cheeses and/or creams, but also by adding herbs or spices.
Try adding parsley, oregano and black or red pepper flakes, or consider rosemary, basil and cumin, or else come up with your own mix for a unique result.
There is not much prep involved in this stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese recipe and you can make these quickly, making them a great appetizer for a crowd, and of course any vegetarians are catered for too.
- 10 mini sweet peppers, jalapenos or pointy ends of larger peppers
- ½ cup (4 oz/115g) goat cheese, at room temperature
- Herbs, lemon juice and/or spices (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
- Cut the peppers in half and pull out the membranes and the seeds.
- Put them on a baking sheet and drizzle some oil over them.
- Sprinkle the peppers with salt and pepper.
- Rub the seasoned oil over the peppers so they are nice and coated.
- Mix herbs/spices/lemon juice into the cheese if you want.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then stuff with the cheese.
- Alternatively you can fill them before baking if you want a creamier, runnier filling.
- Serve warm from the oven or chilled, as you prefer.
Some More Hot Content For You
- British Recipe for Shepherd’s PieA lot of people find this British recipe for shepherd’s pie perfect for the colder months, and I fall into that group. Really, is there anything more comforting or delicious than shepherd’s pie when the nights are getting cooler? Shepherd’s pie is often confused with cottage pie, but shepherd’s pie is made with ground lamb not ground beef. Think about it – shepherds have sheep not cows! If you want to use ground beef, then that’s also tasty but it’s technically cottage pie. Our British recipe for shepherd’s pie is made with lamb. We are making this in the British style, using bay leaves, thyme .....
- History of WontonsEveryone loves wontons! So what is the history of wontons and how did they come about, get so popular and make their way all over the globe into all of our hearts? Well, wontons originated in North China. They used to be sealed stuffed buns and were named ‘huidun’ which means chaos. The name was later changed to ‘wonton’ to suit the Chinese writing characters. Today the word wonton is understood all over the globe, and new varieties and flavors are coming out all the time. Flour wonton wrappers are stuffed, and then boiled, steamed or fried. They are very similar to Chinese dumplings, although wontons are made with .....
- Perfect Cheese FondueCheese fondue is an amazing dish made with melted cheeses and other ingredients, and served with chunks of bread for dipping. Making fondue is really simple, and largely just a matter of adding your ingredients to a fondue dish and letting them melt and blend. Some fondue sets use a flame while others are electric. You can also get different kinds, so if you like to make chocolate fondue or meat fondue, you might like to collect the fondue kits, since the thick earthenware cheese fondue bowl isn’t the one needed to make meat or chocolate fondue. Our recipe for cheese fondue is very simple to make and you will love the authentic cheese .....
- What are Pineberries and Some Pineberry RecipesAlthough pineberries might resemble albino white strawberries they are in fact a different berry altogether. This petite, rounded fruit has white flesh and red seeds and there are some pineberry recipes you really must try. They are not as hardy as red strawberries although they do share a genetic makeup. Perhaps you have spotted some in the supermarket or market and been curious about what they are and how they might taste. What are Pineberries Exactly? This fruit, also known as chiloensis, or Puren White strawberries, is a cross between North American red strawberries and South American white strawberries. They are grown in plant form, .....
- Easy Pork and Ginger WontonsChinese recipes have been used for generations and have slowly been adapted to the Western world. However, if you want authentic, healthy meals, this cuisine is perfect. Try these easy pork and ginger wontons and you will see just how delicious Chinese food can be. There are many different recipes available to cater to your taste and budget. Ingredients need to be fresh, ensuring that all of the nutrients are locked inside the meal. There are ingredients which are chosen for every Chinese recipe, to enhance the flavors and produce the ideal texture. Vegetables are a huge part of these recipes, and you will find that many different forms can .....
- Healthy Banana and Carrot CurrySometimes the best recipes are the simplest, and it is a myth you have to use lots of different ingredients to make a nice curry recipe. Take the following healthy banana and carrot curry recipe for example. The main ingredients are carrots, banana and onion, and the sauce is made with curry powder, orange juice and a splash of yogurt. Use fat-free yogurt and you can see how healthy and low in both fat and calories this banana and carrot curry recipe is. Serve this banana and carrot curry with rice or naan bread or keep things healthy and have a chapatti bread with some raita (cucumber, yogurt and mint dressing) on the side. Perhaps you have .....
- Greek Lamb Pasta Bake with FetaThis Greek lamb pasta bake with feta is a delicious dish, pairing pasta with ground lamb, feta cheese and other Greek flavors. It is similar to pastitsio, Greece’s answer to lasagna, and you will find it really delicious and warming. Serve this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta with a simple salad on the side and a balsamic and extra-virgin olive oil dressing, or else just enjoy it by itself. If you’re into carbs, a slice of lightly toasted baguette bread would go well with this Greek lamb pasta bake with feta too. There are so many pasta bake recipes to choose from, and the great thing about such a dish is you can use pretty much .....
- Ham and Cheese French ToastFrench toast, also known as eggy bread, makes a great breakfast. The bread is usually dipped in beaten eggs and then pan-fried until golden brown. This recipe takes the classic French toast to the next level, however, by adding ham and cheese to the mix. This is known as a Monte Cristo sandwich, and can be pan-fried or deep-fried. Ham and cheese French toast is something kids love, and so do the grownups! Serve ham and cheese French toast with some ketchup for breakfast, brunch or a hot snack at any time, and enjoy the wonderful flavors. This is a snack which is sure to keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal. Serve these sandwiches .....
- Orange and Avocado Salad RecipeIf you are looking for a quick, easy vegetarian salad recipe, this one is very good and takes just minutes to put together. The sharpness of the oranges contrasts very well with the soft creaminess of the avocado and the lemon juice and oil dressing finishes it off just right. I love this orange and avocado salad recipe and have made it a few times now. Simple Yet So Good This orange and avocado salad recipe might sound very basic but a lot of recipes are great because they are kept simple, not in spite of it. Avocado offers a creamy nutty flavor which is wonderful with the orange, and this is also a colorful dish, not just a tasty one. It .....
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Garlic Lime DressingAlthough nobody ever gets tired of pasta salad or rice salad recipes, there is something so special about a vegan quinoa salad, perhaps because of its unusual texture or because it is something different to what you usually have. This salad is especially good because the quinoa is combined with a variety of tasty veggies as well as seasonings. The following vegan quinoa salad recipe shows you how to make an easy quinoa salad using this delicious grain. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is easy to cook and work with and combines well with various flavors. If you are new to using this grain, then you will enjoy the following recipe and once you .....