Stuffed Mini Peppers with Goat Cheese
These stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese make an incredible appetizer and my husband and I both love them. Where we live we can buy them in different varieties – some are sweet while others are spicy.
One store uses the pointy end of spicy chilies as their ‘mini’ peppers while others use mini sweet peppers, mostly red but sometimes green or yellow.
Green is more savory while yellow (and orange to a lesser extent) is sweeter. Whichever peppers you use in this stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese recipe, the flavor of these little bites is going to be fantastic. See what they sell in your local food market and decide whether you want a sweet, semi-spicy or piquant result, or you could make some of each.
Plenty of Tempting Choices
Making your own stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese over buying them saves you money, plus you get to decide what result you want – spicy, medium or mild, as well as what color peppers you want, plus whether to use only goat cheese for the filling, or to combine the goat cheese with sour cream and/or cream cheese. There are a lot of options here actually!
The flavor of the filling can be customized, not just by choosing the cheeses and/or creams, but also by adding herbs or spices.
Try adding parsley, oregano and black or red pepper flakes, or consider rosemary, basil and cumin, or else come up with your own mix for a unique result.
There is not much prep involved in this stuffed mini peppers with goat cheese recipe and you can make these quickly, making them a great appetizer for a crowd, and of course any vegetarians are catered for too.
- 10 mini sweet peppers, jalapenos or pointy ends of larger peppers
- ½ cup (4 oz/115g) goat cheese, at room temperature
- Herbs, lemon juice and/or spices (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
- Cut the peppers in half and pull out the membranes and the seeds.
- Put them on a baking sheet and drizzle some oil over them.
- Sprinkle the peppers with salt and pepper.
- Rub the seasoned oil over the peppers so they are nice and coated.
- Mix herbs/spices/lemon juice into the cheese if you want.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then stuff with the cheese.
- Alternatively you can fill them before baking if you want a creamier, runnier filling.
- Serve warm from the oven or chilled, as you prefer.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Strawberry Apple SmoothieThis wonderful strawberry apple smoothie recipe makes the most amazing smoothie. If you are in the mood for something cool, fruity and reminiscent of the summer then go ahead and make this. It only takes a few minutes and the flavor is amazing. The texture of our strawberry apple smoothie is not too thick or too thin but just right, so you can use a straw if you want. Frozen strawberries are always found in the bottom drawer of my freezer. Not only are they handy to thaw and add to yogurt or whiz up with cream sugar to make mousse, but they are cheaper than fresh strawberries. I save the fresh ones to enjoy with Greek yogurt as a dessert or .....
- How to Create Your Own Curry RecipeThis is a 4-step guide to making curry, and you can make it as mild or as spicy as you wish. Follow the steps learning how to create your own curry recipe and you will end up with the most delicious dish. There is nothing to worry about when making such a dish and it is best to get creative. So read through this to find out the 4 stages of curry making, then get yourself into the kitchen and prepare something wonderful – no need to follow any recipe to the letter! Step 1 in this how to create your own curry guide is all about softening any dense ingredients which will take a long time to tenderize. If you are using tough cuts of meat .....
- Charming Chicken PotstickersThese chicken potstickers are so good. One is never enough. Ten is too many. Well maybe. They’re just so tasty you’ll want to keep popping them into your mouthy! Potstickers are an Asian delight, and these little snacks are usually filled with meat and vegetables, along with Chinese seasonings. Pork is often used, but here we are using chicken instead. This chicken potstickers recipe is very simple to make and the potstickers make fantastic appetizers, whether you want to serve hot snacks with drinks, or a first course before your entree at dinner. You can use turkey if you prefer it to chicken. Along with the poultry these .....
- Steamed Vegetable Wontons with BroccoliThis recipe combines broccoli, green onion, carrot, garlic and Asian condiments for a vegetarian-friendly wonton recipe. The wontons are steamed so you do not have to use any fat in the recipe either. If you are looking for something healthy and nutritious, which is easy enough for a beginner home cook to put together then you might be interested in this steamed vegetable wontons with broccoli recipe, especially if you like steamed dumplings. Wontons can be deep-fried, steamed, cooked in a soup or baked, but steaming gives them a lovely texture and cooks them gently. Make sure the filling is well mashed up before adding it and don’t .....
- A Closer Look at Easy Wonton RecipesEasy wonton recipe ideas are vital for every keen cook who wants to learn more about Chinese cooking. Making your own wontons is a great idea if you want to make something simple yet tasty, using easy-to-find ingredients and common cooking methods. A lot of wonton recipes freeze well too, so you might wish to make a batch of wontons and freeze them for a future wonton soup recipe or fried wonton recipe. If you are feeding a crowd, you might like to offer them a platter of steaming hot crispy wontons, as well as a bowl of chili dipping sauce, or you could make dessert wontons to thrill your kids. There are easy wonton recipes for everybody. .....
- Finding the Best Blue Kitchen AccessoriesBlue kitchen accessories have become a popular way to enhance your kitchen and make it look and feel appealing, a room you want to spend more time in. As people have begun to be more adventurous with their color schemes, blue is a popular addition to every kitchen although you do need to ensure that the shade of blue that you use is neither too pale nor too dark. Your kitchen will be a room in which you spend many hours throughout the day so it definitely needs to be inviting and never have a ‘cold’ feel. You can get the perfect balance with blue kitchen accessories rather than having everything blue in that room. Accessorizing .....
- Spanish Paprika ChickenChicken is a popular ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine, and this Spanish inspired recipe makes the most of chicken thighs, a naturally juicy, flavor-packed part of the bird. Chicken thighs tend to be more economical than chicken breasts, and they also offer more juiciness and a richer flavor, so you have a win-win situation if you choose to buy them and use them in this Spanish paprika chicken recipe. Look out for discounted ones because they freeze beautifully. What to Use in Spanish Paprika Chicken We are adding onion and garlic to our Spanish paprika chicken, along with red wine vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, paprika, chicken stock and .....
- What are Pineberries and Some Pineberry RecipesAlthough pineberries might resemble albino white strawberries they are in fact a different berry altogether. This petite, rounded fruit has white flesh and red seeds and there are some pineberry recipes you really must try. They are not as hardy as red strawberries although they do share a genetic makeup. Perhaps you have spotted some in the supermarket or market and been curious about what they are and how they might taste. What are Pineberries Exactly? This fruit, also known as chiloensis, or Puren White strawberries, is a cross between North American red strawberries and South American white strawberries. They are grown in plant form, .....
- The Most Famous British StartersBritish food is considered by some non-Brits to be boring or stodgy. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Great British starter recipes include such delights as prawn cocktail, brown Windsor soup, cheese and tomato tartlets, homemade pate and more. Learn more about famous British starters and you will be able to rustle up all manner of delicious fare. In Wales you might find Welsh rarebit on the menu, which is basically grilled cheese on toast, but beer and Worcestershire sauce are used in the traditional recipe. Scottish food varies as widely as Scotland itself does but Scottish soups like cock-a-leekie and Scotch broth usually go .....
- Marsala Chicken with AsparagusMarsala chicken is a tasty Italian dish which you can find not only in the best Italian restaurants but also in your very own kitchen if you choose to follow this marsala chicken with asparagus recipe. This marsala chicken with asparagus dish is made with chicken thighs which offer more flavor than breast, and are also juicier and more succulent. Chicken thighs are harder to overcook and dry out than chicken breast. Leek, fennel and asparagus make up the vegetable content of the dish. As well as the chicken and veggies, this Italian Marsala chicken recipe features lemon juice, Marsala wine and parsley, to bring out all the delicious flavors .....