Thai Corn Fritters
These delicious spicy Thai corn fritters are so quick and simple to put together and they make a tasty appetizer or side dish.
All you need to make these is some corn kernels (you can use drained canned corn, or even thawed corn kernels), a little flour and an egg. Then to finish off you just need some minced or finely chopped chili pepper and a little Thai fish sauce.
How to Serve Thai Corn Fritters
Try these as a side dish or appetizer, or make them as the main dish, perhaps with some tasty salad on the side. You might like to make a batch of Thai appetizers to showcase these, so everyone can try different Thai treats, or else just make these as they are and serve with rice or else just a simple Thai dipping sauce.
This corn fritters recipe features the best Thai flavors and you will love how sweet and fresh they taste. Some corn fritters recipes have sugar in but I find the corn already adds enough sweetness to the dish.
This Thai corn fritters recipe is very simple, and you just need to gather your ingredients together and shape the mixture into 4 patties.
Changing the Texture
If you do prefer the fritters smooth just put the ingredients into the food processor and whiz them for a few seconds or until the texture is as you like it. Part of the appeal of not doing this though is you can see the corn and other ingredients in the finished fritters and that gives them a nice look, plus they have a more interesting texture if you don’t puree them. That’s just my preference anyway, you might prefer a smoother texture.
Making Tweaks to Thai Corn Fritters
I usually use 1/4 of a chili pepper but if you want a more fiery heat you can use more. If you don’t have one then just add a pinch of chili powder instead.
You might like to add some liquid sweetener or even a pinch of sugar (palm sugar is best, but white sugar will do) if you want a sweeter flavor, or you can add some cilantro leaves to the mixture. If you don’t have the kaffir lime leaf, a squeeze of lime juice adds a nice flavor.
Thai Corn Fritters: The Right Cooking Time
These really don’t take long to cook, just a few minutes. All the ingredients are cooked already, well apart from the flour which is just added to hold them together and the egg which takes mere seconds to cook, so just let them get hot throughout and get slightly crispy on the outside.
How to Get the Crust Just Right
Try cooking them in a nonstick pan without cooking spray if you wish but you will get a nice crust on them if you do use a little, so that is what I’d recommend.
These tasty Thai corn fritters might sound really easy to prepare, and in fact they are, but don’t underestimate their flavor because they taste great, just like something you’d expect in a Thai restaurant.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 oz (80g) drained canned corn kernels
- 1 crumbled dried kaffir lime leaf
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- ¼ finely diced red chili pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Shape the mixture into patties.
- Saute them in a greased skillet, flipping once, until done.
- Serve hot, possibly with chili sauce.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Best Traditional Pad Thai RecipeI never get tired of this wonderful dish – it really is the best traditional Pad Thai recipe. The rice noodles, shrimp, tamarind, nuts, lime juice and other ingredients work together in perfect harmony and the flavor is simply wonderful. The full name of pad thai (sometimes spelt pat thai) is kway teow pad thai, which means stir-fried rice noodles in a Thai style, and it is thought to be a southern Chinese dish which was introduced to Thailand in the mid-20th century. Pad Thai Noodles It is important to cook the noodles perfectly in order to make the very best traditional Pad Thai recipe. You will need ‘rice sticks’ which .....
- How to Steam ChickenAfter you have discovered just how delicious your steamed ground beef wontons are, you might like to try steaming something else. Learn how to steam chicken and discover a brand new way of making it. After all, your steamer is a very handy piece of apparatus. So how about steaming a chicken? This is very healthy since you don’t need to add fat, and the water (the steam) keeps the meat moist and juicy. Cook small birds, like the Cornish hen, whole or larger ones in pieces, maybe just the breast or even quarters if you have a larger steamer. If you do not have an electric steamer, you can use a bamboo steamer or metal rack above a pan of .....
- Review of Every Yankee Candle Tart ScentI love Yankee Candle Tart Wax Melts and can’t seem to stop buying them! Since I have tried pretty much every scent, I thought I would share my Yankee Candle Tart scent reviews with you, to inspire you to try new scents and discover a new favorite perhaps. I have an electronic tart burner as well as a tea-light one, and my husband and I both like trying new fragrances in our home. The first time I ever tried using wax tart melts was when I found a bargain set in one of the local shops here in Holland including a tea-light burner and a few small melts. They were unbranded and didn’t smell that appealing but I liked the concept and .....
- Unusual Japanese ToiletsJapanese toilets have become a popular addition to many bathrooms all over the world, as people are realizing these top-quality additions are perfect in every way. Unusual Japanese toilets are something worth finding out more about. They’re just intriguing! The toilets which you can find in Japan are typically more advanced than toilets which are manufactured anywhere else in the world. There are two main designs of the toilet commonly found in Japan – the squat toilet and the bidet toilet. The older style squat toilet is often seen in public toilets but this is not a style that appeals to average households who are more included .....
- Choosing the Best Oven to BuyThere are different kinds of ovens on the market but which is the best oven to buy? A single stove or range with a cooking top on top and an oven underneath is space conserving and affordable and found in most houses. However, if you are looking for a new oven, there are a few other options available. Some people who like to cook have stoves with up to eight burners instead of four, grilling and basting functions and built in warmers. Is this the best oven to buy? Well it depends on your requirements. Other people like modular cook-tops which let you add downdrafts, burners, griddles, steamer and deep frying units, rotisseries, broilers and .....
- Bean Salad with Mozzarella RecipeThis bean salad with mozzarella recipe is a very tasty vegetarian appetizer which is perfect for non-carnivores. The salad vegetables taste wonderful with the mixed beans and the cilantro adds a fragrant finish. This is a great starter recipe to have before a Mexican or Tex-Mex meal. More about Beans Beans are filling but they are also very nutritious, which is one reason many non-meat-eaters seem to enjoy them. You can often mix and match beans, swapping kidney beans for cannellini beans, or black-eyed peas for chickpeas, as the mood takes you, and you can do the same with this recipe. Chickpeas are suggested but swap those for another kind .....
- Pork Potstickers Wonton RecipeThese easy potstickers or soft wontons are nice served with a homemade hot garlic potsticker sauce. You can make this by mashing 4 garlic cloves, ½ teaspoon of Szechuan hot oil and a teaspoon each of sherry and vinegar. Stir in 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and you will have a wonderful garlic sauce. Anyone who loves pork and Chinese cuisine is going to enjoy this pork potstickers wonton recipe because it’s so satisfying. The Perfect Dipping Sauce You can use a bottled garlic sauce if you prefer, or serve this pan-fried pork potstickers wonton recipe with sweet chili sauce. Chinese mustard or hoisin sauce are other options. Perhaps you .....
- Making Ground Chicken for Wonton RecipesIf you have chicken breast or chicken tenders but not ground chicken, you can still make chicken wontons or chicken wonton soup, by grinding your own chicken. Preparing ground chicken for wonton recipes means you can make this tasty filling quickly and easily. Ground chicken (or minced chicken) needs to be chopped very finely, and the simplest way of doing it is to push the chicken through a grinder. Choose a medium-coarse grind setting. These old-fashioned meat grinders can be very handy. Did you ever see your mom or grandmother using one? They are made of iron and you simply insert your meat and crank the handle, and out comes ground .....
- Best Sci-Fi Movies of 2014Now that 2014 is well over half a year behind us, all the best sci-fi movies of 2014 are available on DVD, so rather than going to the cinema, why not curl up with some popcorn and a DVD this evening? I love this genre and managed to see plenty of movies last year. My husband doesn’t mind the genre but it’s me who is the real fan, so I’m going to share with you my top sci-fi movie recommendations!.....
- Easy Winter Appetizer IdeasMost people love to cozy up and relax during the colder months. There’s something about the winter weather that brings people together and gathering around some hearty and easy winter appetizer ideas is a great way to spend that time with friends and family. In the winter, it’s best to serve warm foods, but don’t let that overwhelm you. There are plenty of ways to present a great spread without slaving away in the kitchen for hours. You don’t have to tell anyone how easy the winter appetizer ideas were to prepare! One simple strategy for an appetizer sure to impress is to do fondue. Fondue can be easily customized to your party’s theme .....