Easy Banana Bread with Applesauce
This incredibly easy banana bread with applesauce recipe is made by combining bananas with applesauce, eggs, vanilla and flour. Some sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt also go into the mix. Making this is very straightforward because you just have to combine the ingredients in a bowl, transfer the resulting mixture into a greased loaf pan, and then you can bake it until done.
Easy Banana Bread with Applesauce: Such a Tempting Snack
Served hot with butter and honey, this makes the most amazing snack, and it is a great comfort food. Homemade banana bread appeals to all the family from the youngest to the most senior, and there are all kinds of tweaks you can apply, such as adding chocolate chips, walnuts or raisins.
The applesauce increases the sweetness without having to use extra sugar, and it also helps keep the bread moist and dense, which good banana bread should be. Make this easy banana bread with applesauce loaf for the kids and they’ll be sure to enjoy it.
If you want to frost the banana bread, beat half a cup of powdered sugar with quarter of a cup of creamy peanut butter and 3 tablespoons of milk, then spread this over the loaf of banana bread after it has cooled down. This is an optional step though and a lot of people like their banana bread un-frosted.
This is the best banana bread recipe with applesauce in my opinion, and I love to throw some chopped walnuts into mine. What a great way to use up bananas which are turning black. There is no doubt in my mind you are going to love this recipe!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (130 ml) applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (225g) white sugar
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Put the bananas in a bowl and mash them using an electric mixer.
- Stir in the sugar and let the mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- Beat in the applesauce and eggs.
- Beat in the baking powder and baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Next, gradually beat in the flour, mixing it in thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a nonstick spray-coated 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Take the banana bread out of the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the pan, slice and serve warm, perhaps with butter and/or honey.