Banana Wontons with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
Dessert wonton recipes are becoming more and more popular. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe features crunchy deep-fried wontons with a banana, orange and cinnamon filling. You can serve them alone if you like but they are even more tempting served with a hot chocolate sauce. Save time by buying a chocolate sauce or impress your dinner guests by making your own.
Why We Love Sweet Wontons
Dessert wonton recipes are becoming more and more popular. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe features crunchy deep-fried wontons with a banana, orange and cinnamon filling. You can serve them alone if you like but they are even more tempting served with a hot chocolate sauce. Save time by buying a chocolate sauce or impress your dinner guests by making your own. Most people would just grab the chocolate sauce from the store, so you can expect people to be very impressed if you take the trouble to make your own. It’s easy to do as well.
If you want to experiment with fruit wontons then you might like to try mango, apple, pineapple, peach, or any combination of fruits. Raspberries or strawberries would also be good but make sure you remove any skin, seeds and other bits before making the wonton filling.
Nobody wants to bite down on a cherry stone or apple seed. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce dish might not be available in your local Chinese restaurant but if you fancy experimenting with sweet wonton fillings you are sure to find the results of this recipe a pleasant surprise, because they really are tasty. Whether you are serving these to kids, grownups or a mixed group everyone is going to be very impressed by the chef!
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 18 wonton wrappers
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Powered sugar and fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Cooking oil, for deep-frying
- ⅔ cup (150g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cups (300ml) water
- 1⅔ cups (400g) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat about 2 inches (5cm) of oil in a pot to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Stir the bananas, orange zest, cinnamon and brown sugar together to make the filling. Spoon a teaspoon of the banana mixture into each wonton wrapper just under the center, then fold the bottom part over the filling and tuck it under the filling. Roll it a couple of times, then wet the right hand corner of the wonton wrapper with water and bring the corners towards you. Overlap the corners and press them down firmly to seal.
- Fry a few wontons at a time in the oil for a minute or 2, or until they are golden brown, turning them once. Take them out of the hot oil and drain on paper towels. You can keep the cooked ones warm in a 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) oven while you cook the rest.
- To make the chocolate sauce, stir the cocoa, water and sugar together in a pan over a moderate heat. Bring the sauce to a boil and let it boil for 1 minute, then take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Serve the wontons with the powdered sugar sprinkled over them and serve the hot chocolate dipping sauce on the side. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
This wonderful banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe make such a lovely dessert, especially when served hot, sprinkled with powdered sugar. Some chocolate sauce on the side is the perfect accompaniment, although you could go for a strawberry or raspberry sauce if you prefer. If you are looking for a sweet recipe for your wonton recipes or wondering what to do with some aging bananas, this banana wonton recipe is sure to delight your dinner guests. Wonton wrappers are so versatile; they can even be filled with juicy fruit and served with a sweet dipping sauce.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Succulent Shrimp SandwichesShrimp, or prawns as they are also known, are great for making succulent shrimp sandwiches. Simply peel and cook them, then toss with mayonnaise, adding in some salt and black pepper for flavor, and spread this over white bread (or whole wheat if you prefer) to make the most delicious little succulent shrimp sandwiches. These succulent shrimp sandwiches are nice for lunch or as a snack, or you could enjoy them mid-afternoon with tea or coffee. If you have large shrimp, cut them in half. Smaller ones can be left as they are. You can use thawed, fresh or canned shrimp in this succulent shrimp sandwiches recipe but ensure they are well drained .....
- Wonderful Winter Dessert IdeasWinter is a wonderful time to try out some of the more rich dessert options available. In the warmer months, you won’t want to spend much time in the kitchen and baking is definitely out of the question. Standing near an oven in the winter, though, might even be welcome and settling down with a nice piece of cheesecake is always a treat. That’s why it pays to know some good winter dessert ideas. Cheesecake is a great recipe to try out in the winter. The colder temperature lends to the setting process and leaving the cheesecake in the oven for an hour or so won’t be a problem. Cheesecake can come in many flavors, which is helpful when .....
- Alpine and German Weather HousesFirst things first… what on Earth is a weather house and why would you use German weather houses? Well, a weather house is a little house in the shape of a Swiss or German chalet, and it is used to indicate the weather. Usually there are 2 side-by-side doors, with a girl in the left one and a boy in the right one. If the weather is supposed to be dry and sunny the girl comes out. If it’s going to be rainy the boy comes out. The boy/girl might be young or they might be man/woman figures depending on the design of the weather house itself. Alpine and German weather houses are all different so you can choose exactly what you prefer. .....
- Carrot and Chestnut Soup RecipeCarrot is an ingredient which is used in many different soup recipes and if you make this delicious carrot and chestnut soup recipe, you will discover that it is very tasty alongside chestnuts too. This is a rich and creamy soup as well as being vitamin-rich and very healthy as well. Why Carrot and Chestnut? Carrot and orange soup is a popular type but carrot and chestnut is not so well known. If you often make popular soups such as chicken noodle soup, potato soup, pumpkin soup or beef and tomato soups, why not try this carrot and chestnut soup recipe for a change?.....
- What is Tex-Mex FoodTo sum up the answer to ‘what is Tex-Mex food’, Tex-Mex cuisine refers to primarily American dishes found in the state of Texas. This cuisine is a blend of American and Mexican foods. Some of these recipes might not be the same as the authentic Mexican version but it is still referred to as ‘Mexican’ in Texas. People in other states sometimes refer to Tex-Mex as ‘Southwestern’ food. Tex-Mex is thought by some people to be the oldest original cuisine in the US. It was named in 1875 and began when the Texas-Mexican Railway was called Tex-Mex for short. This term was also used for Mexicans who were born in .....
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup RecipeThis delicious cream of cauliflower soup recipe is thick and creamy. If you want to make the best cream of cauliflower soup recipe, this is a very nice recipe to choose. Each serving offers 150 calories, 12g carbs, 4g protein and 10g fat. This makes a very nice lunch or appetizer. I often make curried soups but occasionally I like to make something creamy, and cauliflower is really good. Mashed cauliflower (like mashed potatoes but with cauliflower) is also very good, and I like to add cauliflower to curries. Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe: So Simple and Good What makes this cream of cauliflower soup recipe special is the simplicity of it. .....
- How to Give Your Wontons an International FlairJust because wontons are Chinese in origin does not mean you have to stick with the tried and tested Chinese wonton recipes. International wontons are an exercise in experimentation and sometimes this fusion really works! Of course, traditional wonton soup is delicious and Chinese-style fried wontons offer a flavor experience that most people enjoy very much, but you might like to experiment with a different take on the classic wonton recipe. Since wonton skins are made with egg, flour and water, they do not have a lot of flavor. This means you can use any kind of filling and rest assured it will complement the wonton skin flavor. For .....
- Couscous Salad with Parsley and LimeThis is such a refreshing salad and it’s easy to make. We are using regular couscous but if you like Israeli couscous that is also fine, or you could consider bulgar wheat for a result for like tabbouleh. This couscous salad with parsley and lime is zingy, refreshing and really tasty. The key to making a good couscous salad is freshness. I find the more fresh ingredients it contains the better it is, so grab some tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and limes, along with the other ingredients, and you will be able to rustle up this delicious dish and experience all the amazing fresh flavors the way they are supposed to be enjoyed. How to Serve .....
- Discovering the Latest Modern Bathroom TrendsModern bathroom trends can suit every style, taste and budget, regardless of where you are in the world. More people than ever before are investing time and money into their bathrooms, and you will be amazed at the huge array of different trends available. There are several different ways that you can improve the look and feel of your bathroom with modern bathroom trends including a variety of different accessories and fittings. Creating the Perfect Environment You need to consider the overall feel that you want to achieve in your bathroom, and decide on your budget before you go shopping. Some of the latest modern trends are expensive so .....
- Potato Leek Soup with BaconThis warm and delicious potato leek soup with bacon recipe makes a wonderful starter. The ingredients are very simple, and the main flavors come from the potatoes, leeks and bacon. The milk and cream add a wonderful, luxurious creaminess and the chicken stock gives the soup a good flavor. What Kind of Stock to Use for Potato Leek Soup with Bacon You could use vegetable stock if you wanted to but the best thing to use is fresh chicken stock rather than using stock cubes. Choose lean bacon for making this leek potato soup recipe, rather than streaky bacon, both for the better texture and a meatier flavor......