Banana Wontons with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
Dessert wonton recipes are becoming more and more popular. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe features crunchy deep-fried wontons with a banana, orange and cinnamon filling. You can serve them alone if you like but they are even more tempting served with a hot chocolate sauce. Save time by buying a chocolate sauce or impress your dinner guests by making your own.
Why We Love Sweet Wontons
Dessert wonton recipes are becoming more and more popular. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe features crunchy deep-fried wontons with a banana, orange and cinnamon filling. You can serve them alone if you like but they are even more tempting served with a hot chocolate sauce. Save time by buying a chocolate sauce or impress your dinner guests by making your own. Most people would just grab the chocolate sauce from the store, so you can expect people to be very impressed if you take the trouble to make your own. It’s easy to do as well.
If you want to experiment with fruit wontons then you might like to try mango, apple, pineapple, peach, or any combination of fruits. Raspberries or strawberries would also be good but make sure you remove any skin, seeds and other bits before making the wonton filling.
Nobody wants to bite down on a cherry stone or apple seed. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce dish might not be available in your local Chinese restaurant but if you fancy experimenting with sweet wonton fillings you are sure to find the results of this recipe a pleasant surprise, because they really are tasty. Whether you are serving these to kids, grownups or a mixed group everyone is going to be very impressed by the chef!
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 18 wonton wrappers
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Powered sugar and fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Cooking oil, for deep-frying
- ⅔ cup (150g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cups (300ml) water
- 1⅔ cups (400g) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat about 2 inches (5cm) of oil in a pot to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Stir the bananas, orange zest, cinnamon and brown sugar together to make the filling. Spoon a teaspoon of the banana mixture into each wonton wrapper just under the center, then fold the bottom part over the filling and tuck it under the filling. Roll it a couple of times, then wet the right hand corner of the wonton wrapper with water and bring the corners towards you. Overlap the corners and press them down firmly to seal.
- Fry a few wontons at a time in the oil for a minute or 2, or until they are golden brown, turning them once. Take them out of the hot oil and drain on paper towels. You can keep the cooked ones warm in a 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) oven while you cook the rest.
- To make the chocolate sauce, stir the cocoa, water and sugar together in a pan over a moderate heat. Bring the sauce to a boil and let it boil for 1 minute, then take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Serve the wontons with the powdered sugar sprinkled over them and serve the hot chocolate dipping sauce on the side. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
This wonderful banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe make such a lovely dessert, especially when served hot, sprinkled with powdered sugar. Some chocolate sauce on the side is the perfect accompaniment, although you could go for a strawberry or raspberry sauce if you prefer. If you are looking for a sweet recipe for your wonton recipes or wondering what to do with some aging bananas, this banana wonton recipe is sure to delight your dinner guests. Wonton wrappers are so versatile; they can even be filled with juicy fruit and served with a sweet dipping sauce.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Fun Facts About WontonsLet’s have a look at some fun facts about wontons. Did you know that the word wonton comes from Cantonese, not Mandarin? These tasty little dumplings are believed to have been introduced to the West by early Chinatown settlers from Canton, Southern China. Wonton literally means “swallowing clouds” in Chinese. Cantonese ones are wrapped in a yellow wrapper made from egg and flour. They often contain shrimp and ground pork. The broth is often made from shrimp shells and other flavorful ingredients. What are some other fun facts about wontons? In Shanghai the wrapping is flour-based and thicker and whiter than in Canton. The filling will .....
- Top Tips for Gorgeous FoodStarters are supposed to make people want to tuck into them, so choosing a nice garnish as well as the best recipes is important. Learn some top tips for gorgeous food and find out how to present the most gorgeous looking dishes imaginable. You can even serve something basic like raw broccoli and carrot pieces with a dip in style. Make sure you only use perfect crudites and make them all the same size. Present the dip in a nice bowl and arrange the crudites around the outside. You can make any meal look good, even if it is something quite plain and not colorful. That’s what tips for gorgeous food are all about. Take meatballs for .....
- Crispy Baked Camembert RecipeCamembert cheese is often featured as one of the cheeses on a cheeseboard, but there is more you can do with it. Similar to brie, this French cheese offers a ripe, creamy flavor, and it is also delicious served hot. Some people choose to fry the breaded Camembert in oil but you can also oven bake it if you want to cut the calories and fat content. Try this baked Camembert recipe for yourself to experience an amazing taste and texture. How Many Will This Crispy Baked Camembert Recipe Serve? This baked Camembert recipe will serve 2 if you want a filling starter or light main dish, or you can cut each cheese in half before you dip in the egg .....
- Authentic California CuisineCalifornia is known for its amazing food, earmarked by a tradition of fruit, fresh leafy salads, fresh flavors, and organic dishes, although there is plenty of variety in Californian cooking, including fusion cuisine using fresh local ingredients. An attractive presentation is important in authentic California cuisine. Californians enjoy cooking with lean meats and seafood, fresh fruit and veggies, and anything low in saturated fat and high in nutrition. Japanese, Chinese, Italian, French, and Mexican cuisines have all influenced the fusion cuisine of California. California Food Pioneers Alice Waters has contributed to authentic .....
- Lebanese Cucumber Soup RecipeThis Lebanese cucumber soup recipe is a chilled soup. These soups are popular in the Middle East and you will find chilled soups very refreshing if you’re not used to them. Adding fresh mint helps with the cooling effect. Live, natural yogurt is a great ingredient because it’s very good for the digestion. Have you tried chilled soup before? The first chilled soup I ever tried was gazpacho, that tomato and vegetable soup from Spain which is always tasty and refreshing. I have also tried chilled watermelon soup and a strawberry soup too one time in a restaurant. This Lebanese cucumber soup recipe is different though because it is .....
- 12 Crockpot Recipes for Weight LossThe following crockpot recipes for weight loss are perfect for making in a slow cooker. One of the benefits to using a crockpot is you can tip the ingredients in there in the morning, then go to work or out for the day. When you get home your meal will be ready! This mean you don’t have to stand over the stove, nibbling on snacks you shouldn’t be having, but you can eat your healthy meal right away. A crockpot, also known as a slow cooker, is an electrical appliance used to gently simmer food. The temperature is kept low so your food slowly cooks over a period of hours. A basic model should have a low and a high setting while others might .....
- The Atlantic Rally for CruisersThe Atlantic Rally for Cruisers is incredible and attracts thousands of spectators every year as it leaves Las Palmas in Gran Canaria for Rodney Bay, Santa Lucia. Every year since 1986, this amazing transatlantic rally has set sail and crossed the 2700 nautical miles of Atlantic Ocean. The event begins in November and attracts over 200 yachts from all over the world. The ARC, as the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers has been named, is considered to be the most successful sailing event in the world and attracts amateurs as well as professionals from over 20 different countries. For many keen sailors this opportunity is a once in a lifetime dream. .....
- Cute Pink Cell PhonesAlthough you can get pink cellphone cases and covers to transform pretty much any phone into a pink one, you can also buy really cute pink cell phones. Cute pink cell phones come in various styles and prices, and are really cute. If you are looking for a pretty pink phone, keep reading because we have tracked down all the best bargains. Anyone who likes girly things will find these so cool. Having a pink phone is different to snapping a pink cover or case over a black, white or gray phone, because the actual phone is pink, and that means you do not have to snap a case or cover on to the phone or even buy one. It also means you do not have to .....
- Creamy Potato Salad with BaconPotato salad is always good but add bacon and you have a really mouthwatering side dish. The following creamy potato salad with bacon is a recipe which is very simple to make; the potato salad will keep for a few days once prepared. Serve it chilled or room temperature. Some people even like it served warm, as soon as it is made. Use boiling potatoes to make potato salad, not mashing potatoes which tend to disintegrate too easily. The choice of dressing is up to you. While a lot of people just use their favorite mayonnaise, you might prefer another kind of creamy dressing for this creamy potato salad with bacon, else you can use half mayo .....
- Making Ground Chicken for Wonton RecipesIf you have chicken breast or chicken tenders but not ground chicken, you can still make chicken wontons or chicken wonton soup, by grinding your own chicken. Preparing ground chicken for wonton recipes means you can make this tasty filling quickly and easily. Ground chicken (or minced chicken) needs to be chopped very finely, and the simplest way of doing it is to push the chicken through a grinder. Choose a medium-coarse grind setting. These old-fashioned meat grinders can be very handy. Did you ever see your mom or grandmother using one? They are made of iron and you simply insert your meat and crank the handle, and out comes ground .....