Halloween Candy Corn Brûlée Pots
These are fantastic for Halloween, and suitable for the kids and grownups too. The desserts are served in little jars and you can tie some black ribbon around them to add that festive feel. Why not try this Halloween candy corn brûlée pots this Halloween?
The recipe is made in stages. You will be making several layers, then assembling the Halloween candy crème brûlée pots at the end and using a kitchen torch to get the sugar topping nice and crispy. If you don’t have a kitchen torch just omit the last part.
Halloween Candy Corn Brûlée pots Make Great Halloween Fare
Halloween is a great time to experiment in the kitchen. You can rustle up all kinds of wonderful treats both sweet and savory, and these Halloween candy corn brûlée pots are certain to steal the show regardless of whatever else you have on your spook-tacular table.
Why not double the recipe if you are feeding a group? These are too good only to enjoy once a year, so try these Halloween candy corn brûlée pots any time you are in the mood for something a little bit different.
- 1 quart (liter) heavy cream
- ½ cup (100g) white sugar, plus extra for topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup (120g) candy corns
- 1 tablespoon water
- Yellow food coloring, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Bring the cream, half the sugar and the vanilla to a boil in a pot.
- Take it off the heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar until the mixture is light.
- Add ¼ of the cream gradually into the egg yolk mixture, stirring all the time.
- Add the remaining cream and mix well.
- Pour just under half the mixture into a glass bowl and repeat in another bowl, so you have about ½ cup (125ml) of the mixture left.
- Simmer the water and candy corns in a pan until they melt.
- Use a wooden spoon to help break them up if necessary.
- Take the pan off the heat and cool the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to one of the brûlée batches and mix it in.
- Pour the yellow mixture into 4 small jars.
- You will be serving the desserts in these jars so use matching ones if you have them.
- Pour the other mixture into other oven-safe jars or bowls similar in size.
- Pour the candy corn mixture into the reserved brûlée mixture and stir it in.
- Pour this into jars.
- Put all the jars in a roasting pan and add a couple inches of water.
- Now you need to cook them for 45 minutes or until the desserts are almost set but still jiggly in the middle.
- You can put the yellow brûlée jars in the freezer for 20 minutes at this point, and let the rest cool on the countertop.
- Pour the orange layer from each jar over the yellow layer, then freeze for 20 minutes.
- After that, repeat with the white layer.
- Refrigerate the desserts for 2 hours.
- Let them sit at room temperature for half an hour, then sprinkle the sugar on top and use a kitchen torch to caramelize it.
- You want to get the top crispy and golden brown.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Chilled Cherry Soup RecipeThe following chilled cherry soup recipe features lemon and cinnamon to highlight the wonderful cherry flavor and lend a gourmet touch to this soup, while the flour thickens it up a bit and the sour cream adds a nice tang. A Starter or a Dessert This chilled cherry soup recipe would be excellent served as a starter recipe or for dessert, whichever you like. It is light enough not to fill people too much before their main course, which is always something you want from starters. What is the point of filling people up so much they don’t want their main course! You won’t have that problem here. The chilled cherry soup recipe is .....
- Spanish Paprika ChickenChicken is a popular ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine, and this Spanish inspired recipe makes the most of chicken thighs, a naturally juicy, flavor-packed part of the bird. Chicken thighs tend to be more economical than chicken breasts, and they also offer more juiciness and a richer flavor, so you have a win-win situation if you choose to buy them and use them in this Spanish paprika chicken recipe. Look out for discounted ones because they freeze beautifully. What to Use in Spanish Paprika Chicken We are adding onion and garlic to our Spanish paprika chicken, along with red wine vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, paprika, chicken stock and .....
- Best Breakfast Burrito RecipeA beloved Mexican and Tex-Mex food, a burrito makes a great lunch, dinner or snack. And this is the best breakfast burrito recipe I ever tried! One modern trend is all about presenting this hearty delight first thing in the morning and calling it a breakfast burrito. So you can have your breakfast all rolled up neatly burrito-style. A breakfast burrito recipe will contain typical breakfast ingredients like potatoes, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, whatever else you like. These fillings will be hot and cooked, enclosed in a soft flour tortilla. Burritos are wrapped or folded to enclose the filling, unlike a taco which is usually folded in half around .....
- Tasty Tuna Fishcake RecipeIf you are looking for an easy tuna fishcake recipe, this one is simple to make and very tasty. The sweet potatoes add a Caribbean flavor and the canned tuna works very well in this fishcake recipe. For fish cakes tuna is always a good choice because it is tasty. Canned tuna is better than fresh tuna for fish cake recipes because it is more moist. Fresh or Canned Fish for a Tuna Fishcake Recipe? Salmon is often used to make fishcakes, both the fresh kind and the canned kind, but tuna is also popular. When making fishcakes it is usually better to use either leftover cooked fish (if it needs to be used up) or canned fish. Save the fresh filets .....
- Easy Sukiyaki RecipeOne of my favorite Japanese dishes has to be sukiyaki. This is similar to shabu-shabu, and is a hot pot style dish with thinly sliced beef and vegetables in a sweet, tangy sauce. You can also get vegetarian sukiyaki recipes. This versatile and easy sukiyaki recipe is perfect for cool winter evenings, and you can present or even cook it in a pot in the middle of the dinner table. The ingredients are usually dipped into raw, beaten eggs before being eaten, although this is not so prevalent outside Japan. An easy sukiyaki recipe is usually a winter dish in Japan, often served at year-end parties. Thinly sliced beef is usually the meat that goes .....
- Crockpot Coffee Braised Beef RoastCoffee might sound like a strange ingredient to combine with beef, but it does lend this crockpot coffee braised beef dish a very rich and tasty flavor which complements the meaty beef taste. This recipe can be made in the crockpot and you don’t need many ingredients for it. To make this crockpot coffee braised beef you will need a boneless beef chuck roast weighing about 3 pounds, or slightly over, along with coffee and garlic. Throw in some water, cornstarch, salt and pepper, and those are the only ingredients you need. Just add your crockpot coffee braised beef ingredients to the crockpot then you can use the cooking liquid to make .....
- Old Bay Shrimp and Apple SaladThis Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a gorgeous recipe. It looks really nice served in little glasses with edible flowers as a garnish, but it can also be served over lettuce or baby salad leaves if you prefer. This Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a nice way to begin any kind of meal, and it is especially good during the summer when you don’t want to cook. We are using shrimp, and you can use little ones or chop larger ones. Make sure they are peeled and deveined first. Canned or thawed shrimp are fine here. You will also need some red apple and onion for crunch. The dressing for our Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is made with .....
- Beautiful Large Opal RingsOpals are a magical stone and no other stone looks like them. The fire in an opal is truly amazing and setting an opal on a silver or gold ring showcases the stone’s beauty to perfection. I love large opal rings and can’t get enough of their gorgeous fire. Do you already have an opal ring or are you just curious about the different types of opals or the different opal ring settings you can choose from? Because, really, there are lots of large opal rings to choose from, and you are going to be spoilt for choice. I was, when I was shopping for mine. I have gathered together lots of different opal rings all in one place so you can .....
- Exotic Mango and Chicken SaladThis tasty and exotic mango and chicken salad recipe is a fusion style appetizer, blending the flavors of southeast Asia. This creative cuisine has its roots in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia and this is a really juicy and flavorful starter recipe. You can either serve it on a big plate if you are making starters for a buffet or give everyone a plateful. Salad greens and tomato are great as a garnish and this is a great idea for a starter recipe. A Wonderful Asian Dressing The salad dressing used for this exotic mango and chicken salad is a combination of yogurt, ginger, lime juice and soy sauce. You could add some sesame seeds .....
- Colorful and Easy Pearl Couscous SaladPearl couscous is also known as giant couscous or Israeli couscous. It is enjoyed with tomato paste and fried onion in Israel and usually fed to children, but in other countries it is served as an ingredient to substitute rice, potatoes or another starch. Try this pearl couscous salad if you’re looking for new ways to serve it or new homemade salad ideas. Pearl couscous can be served hot or cold. It does not clump as much as North African couscous (the smaller grains) and you can reheat pearl couscous without it losing its texture or shape. Have you seen it in the store? Next time you spot it on the shelf grab yourself a package .....