Quick and Easy Banana Pancakes
Whether you are looking for a tasty breakfast recipe, a quick snack or even a sweet treat when you get peckish in the evening, this easy banana pancakes recipe is ideal. You can combine the ingredients in a couple of minutes, then cook the pancakes in a skillet on the stove for a few minutes.
Serve them just as they are, drizzled with some syrup or perhaps will chopped fruit or berries as a filling. You can also tweak our recipe, perhaps adding some cinnamon or nutmeg or even a little brown sugar. The sweetness of the banana means you don’t really need to add any sugar to the pancake batter, especially if you are going to serve it with syrup, but you know your palate best, so tweak it as you wish.
You can cook these in oil, butter or cooking spray, as you wish. Don’t make them too thick, so unless you have a big skillet you might wish to divide the batter in 2 and cook 2 pancakes. Cook them on one side, then flip and cook the other side. The raw batter is very pale yellow, nearly white, and the finished pancakes are golden.
Easy Banana Pancakes are Ideal for Overripe Bananas
This is a great way to use up bananas which are past their best. I started out with some fresh bananas a couple of days ago but today they had turned black – almost overnight! That’s why this easy banana pancakes came to mind. The choice was either some homemade banana bread or this recipe, and I was in the mood for pancakes, so this suited me just fine.
The ingredients were probably easy enough to mash together but I threw them in the food processor and whizzed them into a smooth batter in about 10 seconds so for sure that worked out easier. It didn’t leave me with any little chunks but no problem.
I served my easy banana pancakes with fruit and Greek yogurt inside but they would also be good with syrup – perhaps maple syrup or caramel syrup. I think they would be good with fresh strawberries and some whipped cream too if you want to go that route. Perhaps that is more a dessert than a breakfast but it’s true these do make a nice dessert.
If you are doing that, why not add a little Cointreau and flambe them in the pan briefly? Ok perhaps I am getting a little carried away now. But they were good!
Paleo Easy Banana Pancakes
If you want to make these paleo friendly, swap the flour for coconut flour or almond flour and the milk for coconut milk. Ensure you use a paleo-friendly oil for cooking them, or even some ghee. Then serve them with fresh berries for a wonderful start to the day.
- 1 medium banana
- 1 large egg
- ¾ oz (20g) all-purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- Pinch of salt
- Oil or cooking spray, for cooking
- Mash the banana.
- Mix in the egg, flour, milk and salt.
- You can do this by hand for a chunky batter or in a food processor for a smooth one.
- Heat some oil or cooking spray in a skillet.
- Pour in the batter and cook, flipping once halfway through.
- Serve hot with syrup, berries, butter, or anything else you want to have.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian SausageThis delicious lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage is a snap to make and it freezes well too if you wrap individual portions in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Simply unwrap and reheat any time you want to enjoy this ricotta lasagna again. If you want to use ground beef rather than the Italian sausage, go ahead. Tasty Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian Sausage Additions Some people like to add some sage to the sausage or use sweet sausage instead of the hot kind and add some red chili flakes. You know which you like best, so go ahead and choose your favorite kind when preparing this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage. If you .....
- Prada Infusion d’Iris Perfume ReviewThis Prada Infusion d’Iris perfume scent has been around since 2007 if you are wondering what year it came out, and this is a beautiful fragrance. Read on for some links to discount Prada Milano if you want to buy some of this gorgeous perfume for yourself or a friend. How Prada Infusion d’Iris Perfume Smells You will be able to smell orange as well as orange blossom, mandarin and galbanum and then iris, vetiver and cedar come in afterwards. This delicious fragrance is held in a delicate glass vessel which has a retro look and feel about it. If you haven’t been able to get Prada Infusion d’Iris out of your head it is .....
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Sweet PeppersThese cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers are gorgeous and I often make them as a side dish. I like to use the long pointy red peppers, both because of their nice, sweet flavor, and also because of how they lie flat on the plate and don’t fall over. You can use bell peppers if you want, or even chilies if you have a taste for them. Roast these in the oven or broil them if you prefer. Keep an eye on them. You will be able to see when they are done. Tweak if You Wish It is perfectly possible to tweak this cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers recipe based on what you have. I have made these with just the peppers and the cream cheese before .....
- How to Make Vegetable OmeletThis recipe is your best friend if you want to make a perfect vegetable omelet, and this is a skill everyone should know. Learning how to make vegetable omelet is very easy and you can serve this for any meal. Omelets can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and this recipe makes enough for 2 servings. You will love the perfect flavor and texture this offers. How to Make Vegetable Omelet: Some Handy Tips If you want to cut the fat and calories, swap the butter for margarine and use skim milk. You can also use reduced-fat cheese in it. As for the vegetables, pretty much anything works. Tomatoes, mushrooms, green onion, fresh herbs and .....
- Choosing the Best Oven to BuyThere are different kinds of ovens on the market but which is the best oven to buy? A single stove or range with a cooking top on top and an oven underneath is space conserving and affordable and found in most houses. However, if you are looking for a new oven, there are a few other options available. Some people who like to cook have stoves with up to eight burners instead of four, grilling and basting functions and built in warmers. Is this the best oven to buy? Well it depends on your requirements. Other people like modular cook-tops which let you add downdrafts, burners, griddles, steamer and deep frying units, rotisseries, broilers and .....
- Pork Crack Slaw with Ginger and SesameThis pork crack slaw recipe is really good if you want to make use pork in a low carb dish. Featuring ginger, garlic and green onions, this pork crack slaw recipe has a strong Asian theme which you will love. The original crackslaw recipe is Asian and, while you can theme your crackslaw on Greek, Italian or another cuisine, the Chinese recipes always taste best, at least in my opinion. Ground pork is a budget choice and while it is often used to make meatballs or burgers it is also great in this recipe because it suits the Asian flavors and soaks up all the different tastes. It just works well! Pork Crack Slaw: Maybe Try a Ground Beef/Pork .....
- Best Loaded Nachos Comfort Food StyleSo you want to make the best loaded nachos comfort food? You’ve come to the right page. Very few dishes offer as much as nachos do, and that includes the wonderful flavors combining spicy with creamy with mild, as well as textures because you have all kinds of those, ranging from soft to crunchy. Nachos can be served as a snack, appetizer or meal, and homemade nachos are, of course, the best! The following best loaded nachos comfort food recipe combines nachos with beef, homemade pico de gallo, cheese, spices, and more. But this is your recipe so you could take inspiration from the photo and use leftover roast beef instead of the .....
- Sesame SeedsSesame is a flowering plant and it is naturalized and cultivated for its edible seeds. Sesame seeds are believed to be the oldest oilseed crop and has been domesticated for more than 5000 years. The plant is drought-tolerant, making it a ‘survivor crop’ – capable of growing where most other crops would fail. In 2010, more than 3.84 million metric tons of sesame seeds were harvested in the world, the largest producer of which was Myanmar. India exported the most and Japan was the biggest importer. Sesame has one of the highest oil contents of any seed. This rich, nutty-tasting ingredient is used in many different cuisines, .....
- Best Gourmet Food Gift BasketsIf you aren’t sure what to give as a gift, then a gourmet food gift basket is a wonderful idea. Giving the gift of food never gets old. Everyone loves to eat and there are gift baskets for every budget and taste. Choose from the best gourmet food gift baskets to find the perfect one for the occasion. You can get themed gift baskets, perhaps with a range of delicious cheeses and some crackers, or you might prefer something offering nuts, cookies, preserves, wine and more, so there is definitely something for everyone in there. Best Gourmet Food Gift Baskets: Some Ideas Give a gift hamper to a family, couple or individual and personalize .....
- The Secret of Crispy Sweet Potato FriesSweet potato fries are always good and they pair well with many a snack – with sandwiches, burgers, ribs, or even just some ketchup to dip them in! However, many of us have the problem of homemade sweet potato fries being, well, not crispy enough. That’s why you need to know the secret of crispy sweet potato fries. I’ve never had real success with my oven baked sweet potato fries but what I have discovered is a great recipe to get them super-crispy using a deep fryer and I am sharing my recipe with you below. Why Use Sweet Potatoes for Fries The reason I use sweet potato fries is my husband is diabetic and white potatoes .....