Mango Bubble Tea Recipe
Bubble tea is an ice cold drink dotted with chewy tapioca pearls. The popularity of this beverage has grown so sharply recently you can find bubble tea shops all over the place these days. It is actually hard to walk past one and not go in and treat yourself to one of these wonderful treats. A mango bubble tea recipe always goes down nicely.
Like many things you buy from a shop or cafe, bubble tea can work out expensive if you buy a lot of them, making it worthwhile learning how to make bubble tea yourself at home. The mango bubble tea recipe is super-easy and you can experiment with all different flavors.
What is Bubble Tea and Where is It From?
This beverage originated more than 30 years ago in Taiwan and then its popularity spread through Southeast Asia. Eventually it started becoming popular in the West.
Originally this tea was just a chilled milk tea which was shaken until it frothed up, sometimes the tapioca pearls (known as boba) were added, but other recipes used cubes of gelatin or basil seeds instead.
Where to Buy Boba Tapioca Pearls
Find the ‘bubbles’ for your mango bubble tea recipe online or from an Asian grocery store. These little spheres are made from tapioca and they come in various colors although they all have a very similar flavor.
It is best to mix them with sugar syrup after cooking to give them some sweetness because their natural taste is very neutral. The sugar syrup will also preserve any boba you aren’t using immediately.
The tapioca pearls are best used within several hours of cooking because after that they get softer and less chewy.
If you refrigerate them in sugar syrup though they should stay nice and chewy for a few days. Then whenever you are in the mood for a bubble tea recipe just boil them for a while until soft again (7 minutes approx) and use them.
Mango Bubble Tea Recipe: Adding the Finishing Touches
When you buy bubble tea, it is usually flavored with sweetened condensed milk and various special powders. You can either get these online or use regular tea and natural sweeteners. Brew some strong tea and combine with sweetened condensed milk, almond milk, normal milk or even fruit juice.
- ½ cup (handful) dried boba tapioca pearls per serving (don't use quick cooking boba)
- ½ cup (handful) white sugar or equivalent sweetener
- 1 or 2 tea bags, any type
- Water, as needed
- Mango juice, as needed
- Brew a strong cup of tea and let it cool down.
- To do this bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Remove it from the heat and add the tea bag.
- Use one tea bag for normal strength bubble tea or 2 if you prefer a stronger tea taste.
- Remove the tea bag after 15 minutes and let the tea cool while you make the boba.
- You will need 2 cups of water for every ¼ cup of boba.
- Bring the water to a boil in a pan over a high heat.
- Add the boba and stir the mixture until they start to float to the top of the water.
- Turn the heat down to medium and then cook the boba for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover it.
- Let the boba sit for another 15 minutes.
- Prepare the sugar syrup next, by bringing ½ cup of water to a boil over high heat. Remove it from the heat and stir in ½ cup of sugar until dissolved.
- Let this mixture cool.
- Drain the boba and put it into a small dish.
- Pour the sugar syrup over it to submerge, then let it sit for 15 minutes at room temperature or chill until required.
- Divide the prepared tea between 2 glass and add the boba.
- Top each one with mango juice.
- Sweeten to taste with the syrup you made when soaking the boba.
If you want to make a creamy tea, swap the mango juice for milk, or use half mango juice and half milk for the best of both worlds.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Easy Baked Chicken LegsIf you have some chicken legs, or chicken leg quarters, in other words the thigh and drumstick attached, then you might be wondering how to cook them. I love to make easy baked chicken legs regularly. The good news is this cut of chicken is not only economical but filling, tasty (because it is higher in fat than the chicken breast) and easy to cook. Although you can slow cook chicken legs, I nearly always bake them in the oven because this gets the skin really crisp, and that’s the best bit! How to Get Chicken Skin Crispy on Easy Baked Chicken Legs You will need to add salt plus some kind of fat to get the skin to crisp up. This .....
- Aberdeen Sausage Starter RecipeThis Aberdeen sausage starter recipe is a very delicious dish that carnivores will love. Beef and bacon are combined with the delicious flavors of Worcestershire sauce, parsley, oats, onion and more to give a delicious starter recipe which can be sliced up and served piping hot or warm from the oven, as you wish. Easy and Tasty This Aberdeen sausage starter recipe is not difficult at all and you will enjoy the flavours in it, especially if you are a sausage fan. Homemade sausages are not something a lot of home cooks make but if you are having guest for dinner and you are out to impress, you could do a lot worse than this recipe, and you .....
- Can You Freeze Wonton Wrappers – Freeze WontonsA lot of people wonder can you freeze wonton wrappers? The answer is yes you can freeze wonton wrappers (and you can also buy them frozen). The problem is if you freeze a pack of 50 wrappers and only want to make 10 wontons, how do you pull them apart? From trial and error, I have found that if you let the package thaw at room temperature until you can peel a few off the top without breaking any, then pop the unused ones back in the freezer, that works well. Alternatively you can thaw them all, make wontons and then freeze the wontons. It all depends on the wonton recipe you want to make, but sometimes if you are taking the trouble to make .....
- Creamy Rich Butternut Squash SoupA nice rich butternut squash soup is a lovely option for the chillier months. There are plenty of things you can do with this naturally sweet vegetable though, not just soup. Try stuffing it with risotto or pilaf, cubing it and adding it to your next stew or curry, pureeing it to make a change from mashed potatoes, or using it to make a wonderful winter warmer of a soup. You can tinker with the rich butternut squash soup, adding more ingredients if you want. Some people like to swap half the butternut squash for pumpkin or potatoes, or even carrots. Doing this will change the flavor slightly and the color of the finished soup. Adding .....
- Singapore Shrimp NoodlesSingapore shrimp noodles are easy to make. Any kind of noodles are lovely for lunch or dinner, and the following recipe shows you how to add a nice typical Singapore flavor to the noodles. You will end up with a complete dish which needs no other accompaniment. You can swap the shrimp for chicken or tofu if you would rather use one of those, or even combine a few different proteins, and substitute any other vegetables you want if you fancy changing things up a bit. Added sliced chili is optional but most Singaporeans would want to add it since they love spicy food. One of the first Singapore meals I ever tried was chili crab, a typical .....
- Very Easy Starter RecipesThere are easy starter recipes, or appetizers, for every season and occasion – something for every palate and every diet. So what are you going to make for your starter recipe? You might already be considering meat, fish, international appetizers or something else, or you might just be looking for some ideas and inspiration. There are lots of different easy starter recipes which are suitable for everyone from beginner cooks right up to seasoned chefs. If you want some tips on making the best easy starter recipes for any event, have a look at our articles or if you already have some idea of what you want to make you can browse our .....
- Hot Herring Starter Recipe with Mustard SauceMustard and white wine sauce goes beautifully with many types of fish and herring is no exception. The following hot herring starter recipe combines potatoes, herring, onion and mustard sauce for a full flavored starter recipe. The herring is flavored with lemon juice and grilled, the potatoes are boiled and the onion is served raw, to make a crunchy and piquant garnish. How to Serve this Hot Herring Starter This fish appetizer is suitable for a buffet table or a dinner party. Just serve it with a big serving spoon and let people help themselves. You can serve extra mustard sauce on the side if you like, as well as underneath the potato .....
- Easy Banana Cheesecake with a Vanilla CrustThere are many types of cheesecake to choose from – chocolate, caramel, strawberry… the list goes on. Banana cheesecake is especially good though, and better still it is easy to make. This dessert is wonderful after any kind of main dish and you will probably want seconds because it’s so good! Our recipe uses vanilla wafer cookies and butter to make the crust, then the main layer is made with mashed bananas, sugar, cornstarch, eggs, cream and vanilla. The banana cheesecake is baked briefly in a hot oven then finished off in a cooler oven. When the middle is nearly set but still a little jiggly it is done. How to Serve this .....
- Orange and Avocado Salad RecipeIf you are looking for a quick, easy vegetarian salad recipe, this one is very good and takes just minutes to put together. The sharpness of the oranges contrasts very well with the soft creaminess of the avocado and the lemon juice and oil dressing finishes it off just right. I love this orange and avocado salad recipe and have made it a few times now. Simple Yet So Good This orange and avocado salad recipe might sound very basic but a lot of recipes are great because they are kept simple, not in spite of it. Avocado offers a creamy nutty flavor which is wonderful with the orange, and this is also a colorful dish, not just a tasty one. It .....
- Brilliant Bruschetta RecipeA bruschetta recipe is one of the best Italian appetizers. It is made by rubbing garlic over grilled bread, then adding olive oil, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Some types of bruschetta recipe might also include cured meat, cheese, tomatoes, beans, or vegetables. The best-known bruschetta recipe outside Italy features fresh tomato, garlic and onion, fresh basil, and mozzarella. So Many Bruschetta Recipe Options A great bruschetta recipe is found on Italian restaurant menus all over the world, and there are hundreds of different ways to make it, which is why restaurant bruschetta ranges from bland to wonderful, depending who is making it. Make .....