Refreshing Orange Mint Tea
Although this is called orange mint tea there is no actual tea in there, so it is more than an infusion. The mint leaves are steeped in the mixture though, like tea would be.
Feel free to swap the sugar for honey or sweetener in this orange mint tea if you wish, and you can also serve it hot or warm, although it is especially good served cold. If you are growing your own fresh mint, take the opportunity to make this wonderfully refreshing tea with it.
After dissolving the honey or sugar in the orange mint tea, you may cool it and freeze it for future use if you want. It freezes just fine. Else just serve it with plenty of ice.
This is a wonderful drink for the warmer months or whenever you want something refreshing. The citrus flavors team wonderfully with the mint and you will love this magical combination.
Orange Mint Tea: Recipe Adaptations
If you want a stronger mint flavor, let the mint steep in the hot water for 30 minutes instead of 15. You can also garnish the finished tea with lemon slices instead of orange slices if you wish, or use an artificial sweetener in place of the sugar or honey.
You can also double the recipe if you are making this for a crowd, since everyone will want at least one glassful of this wonderful and easy orange mint tea.
- 3 cups (¾ liter) water
- ½ cup (120ml) lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (45g) sugar or ¼ cup (85g) honey
- 1 pint orange juice
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint
- Cold water, as needed
- Ice cubes, as needed
- Fresh mint springs, for garnish (optional)
- Thin slices orange, for garnish (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot, then add the mint and cover the pot.
- Take it off the heat and steep the mint for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mint and stir in the sugar or honey until dissolved.
- Put the orange and lemon juices in a 2 quart (2 liter) pitcher.
- Add the mint concentrate.
- Add sufficient ice and water to fill the pitcher.
- Chill, then serve garnished with mint and orange sprigs if you like.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Deep-Fried Chicken Dim SumThis tempting deep-fried chicken dim sum recipe serves a crowd, and you can double it too. It is easy to make if you are methodical, mixing the filling together, then distributing it between the wrappers and working in batches. The crunchy hot chicken treats can be served alone or with your favorite sauce. Why We Love Deep-Fried Chicken Dim Sum, Actually ALL Dim Sum! Known as dim sum in Chinese, appetizers in the Western world, or tapas in Spain, small snacks will always have a place in our hearts and on our tables. They can precede a main dish or just be served as a snack. Dim sum, or Chinese appetizers, are versatile, tasty and just so .....
- Low Carb Crab Crackslaw for Seafood LoversCut the carbs in your diet by using seafood and low carb ingredients to make a tasty meal. This crab crackslaw recipe features crab instead of the beef used in the original recipe. This is a rich, spicy recipe so the crab flavor is not so strong but that is what we are aiming for here, a dish with a hint of seafood flavor. And lots of typical crackslaw flavor. Crab is recommended if you are low-carbing but if you want to replace the crab with crabsticks or imitation crab watch out, because those do contain carbs and sometimes sugars which you obviously want to avoid when making low carb crab crackslaw. Canned crab is an economical .....
- Best Tweed Jackets for WomenTweed suits and the best tweed jackets for women make a fashion statement and you can buy some gorgeous pieces. Look at some of the best tweed jackets for woman and find something which is perfect for you. They are warm, stylish and comfortable. Buy a tweed jacket and you can be the envy of your friends. Choose from Warm or Cool, Heavy or Light, Thick or Thin Fabric Tweed comes in many different colors and you can get different blends too, perhaps warm wool for a winter jacket or a lighter blend with cotton if you still want the look of tweed during the warmer seasons. Invest in tweed and you will have a staple in your closet which is never .....
- Best Collection of Cheeseball RecipesFind out how to make a delicious cheeseball by combining ingredients like cheese, garlic, cream cheese, nuts, bacon and other ingredients. Cheeseball recipes have been around for decades but they never lose their appeal! So what do you serve with cheeseball recipes? Well they are great for dipping crackers, chips or bread slices and the softer ones are even good with softer ingredients. Take your pick but crackers are my preference. Do You Serve Cheese Balls Chilled or Not? Well you can leave your cheese ball at room temperature to soften it or keep it chilled until serving for extra firmness. But don’t serve it too cold or you .....
- Canapes for a PartyCanapes (KAH-nah-pays) for a party, which are also known as hors d’oevres, are little snacks which are served with drinks, either by themselves or before the sit-down meal is ready. These canapes for a party can be very simple and might be something spread on crackers or melba toast, or even a stuffed cherry tomato or deviled egg. The best canapes for a party are those which can be eaten with the fingers, so people can just pick them up without making their fingers messy. Also, they should be able to be eaten in one or two bites, and you shouldn’t need cutlery. A canape in one hand and a drink in the other is fine. Add cutlery .....
- What is Thai Tea ExactlyPerhaps you are familiar with Thai tea, or maybe this drink is a new one to you. Whichever is the case, we are going to look a little closer at this beverage and find out some more about it. What is Thai tea exactly? Well let’s have a look. First of all, not all Thai teas are created equal – some have orange food coloring, others have no food coloring. Some are made with cardamom, vanilla and anise, some with just one or two of those. Chai tea is an Indian tea similar to Thai tea but not the same. Again, there are various recipes for that too. How to Drink Thai Tea Some people like theirs with Half and Half while others prefer .....
- Authentic Egg Fried Rice without Soy SauceEgg fried rice without soy sauce is a dish lots of people want to make but since soy sauce is one of the key ingredients it can be puzzling working out how to get around that. Fried rice is one of the best-known Chinese dishes, but the authentic recipe is quite different to what you might be used to. For example, have you tried making egg fried rice without soy sauce? That is how it is made in China, well in many parts of the country, and the more authentic option in many cases. Egg Fried Rice without Soy Sauce: Such a Tempting Dish to Make Egg fried rice is the dish to make when you want to use leftovers to rustle up something quick and .....
- 10 Minute CrackslawSay you are in a hurry and you want to make some of your favorite recipe but you only have 10 minutes to spare – what can you do? The answer is to make 10 minute crackslaw. Rather than cooking the meat and vegetables separately, you will be saving time by cooking everything together. I always used to make the dish the regular way, which meant frying the meat, draining it, cooking the vegetables, then adding the meat back in and the seasonings, but since fat is not ‘the enemy’ when low carb eating you don’t even have to drain the meat after browning it, although if you’re using high-fat ground meat you might .....
- Tiny Cell PhonesAlthough the first cell phones were the size of a house brick, they have rapidly come down in size! Today you can choose from various sizes and styles including surprisingly tiny cell phones. There is something for every taste and if you have been shopping recently you might have been baffled by the sheer amount of choice there is nowadays. Does Size Matter Then? They say size doesn’t matter, but it does when you are talking about a phone! Tiny cell phones have great appeal because you can carry them around easily and bulky cell phones are a thing of the past. Perhaps you fancy a razor-thin cell you can slip into your back pocket or .....
- Easy Banana Cheesecake with a Vanilla CrustThere are many types of cheesecake to choose from – chocolate, caramel, strawberry… the list goes on. Banana cheesecake is especially good though, and better still it is easy to make. This dessert is wonderful after any kind of main dish and you will probably want seconds because it’s so good! Our recipe uses vanilla wafer cookies and butter to make the crust, then the main layer is made with mashed bananas, sugar, cornstarch, eggs, cream and vanilla. The banana cheesecake is baked briefly in a hot oven then finished off in a cooler oven. When the middle is nearly set but still a little jiggly it is done. How to Serve this .....