Ruby’s Copycat Peanut Butter Wolf Cocktail
I first tried this gorgeous peanut butter wolf cocktail at Ruby Burgers in Queen Street, Exeter, currently my favorite American diner style restaurant in England! Although I don’t know the exact recipe they use, I have a copycat recipe for peanut butter wolf cocktail here which tastes very similar if you wish to recreate the flavor of this cocktail in your own home.
It’s not the healthiest beverage but hey, festive times are a-coming and it’s always worth having a cocktail recipe like this up your sleeve! And consider trying my copycat version of their hoisin duck brioche too!
Delicious Ingredients for Peanut Butter Wolf Cocktail
We are using chocolate ice cream, malted milk powder, peanut butter and milk as the main ingredients in this peanut butter wolf cocktail, adding a splash of bourbon (you can double the amount to make it more boozy if you wish) and also adding ice to get it cold and thick. Swap the malted milk powder for a tablespoon of Horlicks if you like (actually that’s always a good ingredient if you want to convert a basic ice cream shake into a malt shake).
What You Need to Make It
You will need a blender to whiz all the ingredients together and 4 glasses to serve the cocktail in. Whipped cream is great on top, either the homemade kind or the squirty kind, then you can add maraschino cherries, malt balls (Maltesers) and/or chocolate curls or a little bit of hot chocolate powder on top to finish it off. Bet you just love the flavor of this peanut butter wolf cocktail!
- 2 cups (500ml) chocolate ice cream
- 10 large ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup (250ml) cold milk
- 2 fl oz (60ml) Buffalo Trace Bourbon (or another brand)
- 1½ cups (375ml) whipped cream, to serve
- 8 malt balls or Maltesers, for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate shavings, for garnish (optional)
- 4 maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)
- Put the ice cream, ice, malted milk powder, peanut butter, milk and Bourbon in a blender.
- Blend on low, turning the speed up until the drink is smooth.
- If it is too thick, add more milk and blend again.
- Divide the cocktail between 4 glasses and top with whipped cream.
- You can add optional garnishes too, like malt balls (Maltesers), chocolate shavings, or a cherry on top, if liked.
- Serve immediately and get the party started!
Some More Hot Content For You
- Best Vertigo Treatment to Stop the Room SpinningFirst things first, what is vertigo? To sum up, it is a dizzy feeling. If you have it, the room will seem to be spinning or moving. It can be linked to inner ear or eyesight disorders and the only way to get rid of it is to find the best vertigo treatment. Dizziness is something most of us experience now and then but vertigo is a feeling of spinning or tilting, a persistent sense of motion which you feel when there is nothing moving. How Does It Feel? Nausea, vomiting and/or sweating can accompany it, and in severe cases you can’t even walk down the street in a straight line because it feels like everything is moving or tilting. It .....
- British Bangers and Mash RecipeWhat is bangers and mash, you might be wondering, and how do you make a British bangers and mash recipe? Well, one of the most popular examples of British comfort food, bangers and mash is a dish of bangers (sausages) with mash (mashed potatoes). It is usually served with thick brown onion gravy drizzled over the top. I like to use plenty of onions in this British bangers and mash recipe or even forgo the sauteed onions and make a delicious onion gravy. You can use any gravy you want, either making it the lazy way with gravy granules or, if you prefer, making your own from scratch. What Kind of Sausages for a British Bangers and Mash Recipe? .....
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Sweet PeppersThese cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers are gorgeous and I often make them as a side dish. I like to use the long pointy red peppers, both because of their nice, sweet flavor, and also because of how they lie flat on the plate and don’t fall over. You can use bell peppers if you want, or even chilies if you have a taste for them. Roast these in the oven or broil them if you prefer. Keep an eye on them. You will be able to see when they are done. Tweak if You Wish It is perfectly possible to tweak this cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers recipe based on what you have. I have made these with just the peppers and the cream cheese before .....
- Devils on Horseback RecipeThis is a quick and easy recipe if you only have a few minutes or if you find you have more guests than you thought! Have you made a devils on horseback recipe before? You will find it’s easy! As long as you have the livers, you will almost definitely have the other ingredients to hand too because you only need bread, spices and some bacon. This is a great recipe to use as a starter and everyone who likes meat will enjoy it. Devils on Horseback Recipe: A Special Snack Devils on horseback might conjure up a strange image until you realize this is the name given to bacon-wrapped sausages or another kind of bacon-wrapped meat mixture. .....
- Easy Diabetic Chili RecipeI love chili con carne and find myself making it often, either as a tasty treat for myself or as a shared meal for my husband and I. I usually make a big batch of it so I can enjoy it for lunch the next day, and the next! My husband is diabetic, so I needed to find a tasty low carb diabetic chili recipe which would taste good and look appetizing, and that is when I came up with this one. The ingredients are nutritious and the flavor in this diabetic chili recipe is wonderful. You can tweak this diabetic chili recipe to your heart’s content, swapping the ground beef for chicken or pork, adding more spice (or less!) or swapping the .....
- Tasty Thai Tuna SaladThis Thai tuna salad is a great recipe because you can throw it together in about 10 minutes. Canned tuna is often nice in Asian recipes and I have used it in stir-fries before. This recipe adds Thai ingredients to the mix to offer an authentic Southeast Asian flavor. There is no cooking involved in this Thai tuna salad and you can have this on the table in less than half an hour from right now, if you have all the ingredients. If not, feel free to make adaptations because there are plenty of tweaks you could make to such a versatile dish. Thai Tuna Salad: Play with the Flavors Maybe you would like to switch the spices. I used ground ginger .....
- Simple Zucchini PancakesThese simple zucchini pancakes make a great breakfast and you can make them in advance, so what is not to love about that? Low in calories and fat (especially if you fry them in cooking spray rather than butter or oil) they can be enjoyed with sausage or bacon, or simply as they are, perhaps with some garlic mushrooms on the side or a broiled tomato. Try these simple zucchini pancakes and you will be surprised how great they are. Different Types of Pancakes Pancakes range from thin and crepe-like to thick and fluffy, and different people prefer them different ways. And yes some even prefer these simple zucchini pancakes. Personally I am more .....
- Authentic Malaysian Popiah RecipeThis is such a great Malaysian popiah recipe! Popiah, which literally means ‘thin wafer’ is like an egg roll, or spring roll, and this is common street food in Malaysia, but also found in Taiwan, Medan and Singapore. Shredded vegetables are always found in them, but some also contain shrimp, meat or egg. A Malaysian popiah recipe is a Chinese dish in origin, coming from the Fujian province of China. These little snacks are easy to make. Simply get yourself a package of popiah wrappers (spring roll or egg roll wrappers are fine) and julienne-cut your vegetables. A little salt and pepper is all we are using here for the seasoning .....
- Quick Mackerel Pate RecipeIf you are in a hurry it’s good to know that you can make this quick mackerel pate recipe in a matter of minutes. Smoked mackerel fillets are used for this pate as well as soft cheese, onions, lemon and tabasco. Serve this pate with melba toast or crackers and perhaps some grapes or basil leaves for garnish. Homemade is Always Best Buying pate from the shop is easy but homemade pate is always in a league of its own. In fact there is no comparison between the two. If you want to make a nice starter recipe for a dinner party then consider mackerel paté and you will be very tempted. Soft cheese, spring onions and lemon work harmoniously .....
- Traditional English Scones RecipeBeing from Devon, in southwest England, it goes without saying I am fond of English scones and know a good traditional English scones recipe. Served with clotted cream and then jam on top (or jam and then clotted cream if you are from Cornwall rather than Devon), these wonderfully delicious little treats are best served with a pot of strong tea. English Scones vs. American Scones British scones are not the same as American ones which have more butter in the mix compared to flour than the British ones. This is why the traditional English scones recipe differs. Because butter is usually added before the cream and jam, less butter is used in .....