Summer Fruits Ice Tea
This lovely summer fruits ice tea combines tea, honey and fruit with mint leaves. The result is refreshing and delicious. If you wish to make an alcoholic version, add a splash of Cointreau, Limoncello, Chambord or fruit brandy to the drink. If you are doing this and there are kids around, don’t forget to mark the pitcher so you know it’s for the grownup only.
This tasty drink is tasty, refreshing and free from additives. A lot of commercial teas contain lots of added sugar, as well as artificial colors and flavorings, and those are all things we could happily do without.
Feel free to tinker with the following recipe. Try adding lychee tea and lychees instead of the hibiscus and rosehip teas. If you want to make it fizzy, add some lemonade or sparkling water to the mix. Pineapple, passion fruit or berries can also go into this tea.
Summer Fruits Ice Tea: The Joy of Ice Tea
This summer fruits ice tea has to be one of the most refreshing recipes ever. Even regular ice tea, whether made sweetened or unsweetened, served with ice or just chilled, is refreshing and sure to slake your thirst.
There are so many flavors you can try, so if you are partial to iced tea, why not try out the following recipe, just to see how amazingly tasty this drink can be?
- 3 cups (750ml) boiling water
- 1 lemon
- 4 strawberries
- 12 mint leaves
- 1 English breakfast teabag
- 1 strawberry and rosehip teabag
- 1 hibiscus teabag
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 10 ice cubes
- Put the teabags and honey in a pot and pour over hot (not boiling) water.
- Chill at room temperature, then in the refrigerator.
- Cut the lemons into thick slices and then in halves.
- Quarter the strawberries.
- Put the lemon slices and strawberries in a pitcher and mash a bit with a wooden spoon to release some flavor.
- Pour in the tea.
- Add ice cubes and serve.
- You can garnish the serving glasses with lemon, mint and redcurrants if you want, or similar garnishes.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Why White Noise Helps You SleepSome people find it hard to fall asleep without a fan whirring while others find the sound of a blow dryer or washing machine soothing. But how come making more noise can help with sleep? Isn’t a silent room the most conducive to getting a good night’s rest? Actually that isn’t always the case, and some people even buy white noise machines or download white noise apps to ensure they get to sleep quickly and easily, and stay asleep until morning. A lot of people have hear it works but don’t know exactly why white noise helps you sleep. What is White Noise? This consistent sound comes out across all audible frequencies .....
- Greek Stuffed Squid with Parsley and White WineKnown all over the world, this wonderful Greek take on stuffed squid is a surefire way to anyone’s heart. Greek stuffed squid with parsley will win its way to anyone’s heart. Want to impress someone? Easy! Just make this! Who else cooks seafood with as much passion or commitment as the Greeks? Greek stuffed squid with parsley is sure to be a hit. Well, perhaps other Mediterranean countries too, but this recipe is one of the nicest, and all the passion of the Greeks goes into selecting and preparing the ingredients, and the result is something you can call ‘gourmet’ and is definitely both well-balanced and highly .....
- Indoor Smoker RecipesAn indoor smoker is a wonderful buy if you want to smoke your own food but you either don’t want to do it outdoors, you don’t have a backyard, or the weather isn’t really on your side. There are different types of indoor smokers to choose from but you can get one for under $50 and the results of your indoor smoker recipes will be really impressive. Bring all the delicious flavors of wood smoking indoors and try smoking a whole fish filet or ham. You can also smoke ribs, salmon, chicken, sausages, tofu, cheese, nuts, garlic, salt (yes, smoked salt is amazing!), Cornish hens, and much more. No oil or fats need to be added .....
- AppetizersDiscover Amazing Appetizers The best starter recipes are the ones you feel would be most suitable for the occasion, plus those appetizers which go nicely before your chosen main course. Perhaps you want to make a hot meat starter recipe, a delicately flavored fish starter or something with eggs, cheese or even fruit. We have a lot of different starter recipes for you to browse and choose from, as well as plenty of handy starter making tips. You can make starters for two people to enjoy over a cozy dinner or lots of different snacks for a buffet or a big party. You will find plenty of choice here, when it comes to snacks and appetizers .....
- How to Cook Quail EggsA quail egg can be compared to a chicken egg except of course it’s a lot smaller! Because of this size, quail eggs make a nice garnish, an elegant garnish even, for all kinds of meat, poultry, fish or vegetable-based dishes. As you might imagine, it doesn’t take as long to cook this tiny egg as it would to cook a chicken egg. But knowing how to cook quail eggs is, of course, vital. How Long to Cook Quail Eggs? These pretty little speckled eggs will be soft-boiled in 2 1/2 minutes, medium-boiled in 3 minutes or hard-boiled in 4 minutes. Compare that to chicken’s eggs which can take up to 15 minutes to hard-boil and you will .....
- A Closer Look at Easy Wonton RecipesEasy wonton recipe ideas are vital for every keen cook who wants to learn more about Chinese cooking. Making your own wontons is a great idea if you want to make something simple yet tasty, using easy-to-find ingredients and common cooking methods. A lot of wonton recipes freeze well too, so you might wish to make a batch of wontons and freeze them for a future wonton soup recipe or fried wonton recipe. If you are feeding a crowd, you might like to offer them a platter of steaming hot crispy wontons, as well as a bowl of chili dipping sauce, or you could make dessert wontons to thrill your kids. There are easy wonton recipes for everybody. .....
- Beef in Chinese CuisineBeef in Chinese cuisine. Yes it’s there, just not the most popular choice, at least in authentic Chinese cuisine. Beef is not used nearly as much as pork in Chinese cuisine, so when the Chinese talk about ‘meat’ they are usually referring to pork. Beef is used quite a bit in Szechuan cuisine, probably because there are more oxen in that region. Steamed beef is coated with cornstarch to make a gravy, while stir-fried beef is cooked until chewy. Beef is not as versatile as pork, for example they are not good for making a beef version of pork meatballs, which is why beef is not so popular. You will not find beef in Chinese .....
- Quick Thai Green Curry with ChickenThai curries are fragrant and aromatic, and this quick Thai green curry with chicken is no exception. Even though it can be on the table in under half an hour, the flavor is authentic and wonderful. You are not going to be missing anything by making a speedy curry over one that has to be cooked for longer, or takes longer to make. Quick Thai Green Curry with Chicken: Such Great Flavors The following quick Thai green curry with chicken dish is based on chicken breasts and green curry paste, and it also features garlic, ginger and lime juice for aromatic flavor, mushrooms and mushroom soup. Although Thai curry is usually made with coconut .....
- Layered Mason Jar Salad IdeasMason jars have many uses, such as canning, storing grains, shaking cocktails, and more, but one of the best ways to use them, and something very popular right now, is making mason jar salad recipes. There are plenty of layered mason jar salad ideas to consider. You have the dressing at the bottom and then vegetables, then other ingredients and finally your lettuce or salad greens. Keep the jar upright and you will keep the greens away from the dressing until you tip the whole delicious lot on to a plate at lunchtime. This type of salad lasts for days in the refrigerator (depending on what you put in there) so you can make all your weekday .....
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....