White Food Recipes for After Teeth Whitening
Having your teeth professionally whitened is the best way to get that gorgeous pearly shade without breaking the bank on veneers or another expensive treatment. The process itself is usually painless although your teeth might be a little sensitive afterwards. You will need white food recipes for after teeth whitening for a couple of days. Even though it’s possible to fashion a menu from the list of ‘allowed’ white foods it’s helpful to have some fresh ideas to keep things interesting!
Read on to learn what you can eat after teeth whitening, what you must avoid after teeth whitening, and some more teeth whitening aftercare advice. I have had mine whitened twice now and I have done the white food diet twice. It’s not the most exciting diet in the world (far from it!) but it is doable.
What Can You Have Immediately After?
So before we look at the white food recipes for after teeth whitening, let’s figure out what you can’t do or have right after the treatment. Don’t drink anything except water for the first hour or 2 after having your teeth whitened and try to avoid smoking and staining foods for 48 hours afterwards. In fact the longer you wait, the better for your teeth. Rinse your mouth after each meal to avoid food particles between your teeth and if you do accidentally eat staining food brush your teeth immediately to minimize the damage.
Knowing white food recipes for after teeth whitening isn’t all you need to know either: avoid lipstick and colored lip gloss for the first 48 hours (a clear balm or gloss is fine) and do not use colored mouthwash either. Brush and floss as normal though (although do not brush until the next day if you have had a late night treatment) and use a straw when you drink. You might want to avoid iced or very hot drinks for a day or so too if your newly whitened teeth are a bit sensitive!
White Foods to Eat After Teeth Whitening
The rule of thumb is this: if it can stain a white T shirt or a white ceramic coffee cup then it can stain your teeth, so if in doubt it is best to avoid food or drink you are unsure about. It is best to avoid all non-white food and also all fat, to let your teeth enamel pores close properly and your teeth themselves to re-hydrate properly, for the very best and most beautiful results.
This list might seem rather restrictive and uninspiring but it is best to take care of your teeth for the first 48 hours after having them whitened and stick to the list properly, then you will be rewarded with a beautiful white smile.
After the 48 hours are up, the enamel pores of your teeth will have closed (maybe as soon as 12 – 24 hours afterwards actually, but it’s best to play it safe) and you can have whatever you like, although drinking dark drinks through a straw and cleaning your teeth after eating ‘staining’ foods is always good practice.
Drinks You Can Have
- Still or sparkling water (including flavored water if it is clear)
- Tonic water
- Clear lemonade
- Nonfat (skim) milk
- Clear 100% pure coconut water (not coconut milk)
- Clear liquors (vodka, gin, white wine, Malibu etc)
Drinks You Cannot Have
- Fruit juice
- Colored soda
- Full-fat milk
- Colored alcohol (beer, red wine etc)
Food You Can Have
- Skinless chicken without added fat
- Skinless turkey without added fat
- White fish without added fat
- White rice
- White pasta
- Plain cottage cheese, white string cheese or white cream cheese
- White onion
- Egg whites
- Mashed, boiled or baked potatoes (peel them first)
- Rice Krispies cereal with skim milk
- Crustless white bread or pita bread
- White beans and white bean dip
- White cheese sauce
- White chewing gum
- White low-fat yogurt
Food You Cannot Have
- Colored vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, mushrooms, broccoli etc)
- Colored salad veggies (beets, lettuce, tomatoes etc)
- Wheat-based breakfast cereal
- Whole wheat bread
- Egg yolk
- Colored pasta
- Candy and white chocolate
- Fruit (it is too acidic, especially citrus, apart from bananas which are OK)
- Red meat (beef, lamb, pork etc)
- Colored fish and seafood (shrimp, salmon, tuna etc)
- French fries
- Butter, margarine, cream
- Anything else which is not white or off-white!
- 3 oz (85g) uncooked white pasta
- ¼ cup (125 ml) low-fat cream cheese or low-fat white pasta sauce
- 2 oz (60g) raw chicken or turkey breast (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Poach the chicken or turkey in water for 10 minutes or until no pinkness remains, then dice it.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta to al dente, following the instructions on the package, then drain well.
- Stir the onion and/or garlic (if using) into the cream cheese or pasta sauce.
- Toss the sauce with the cooked, drained pasta.
- Add salt to taste if necessary.
- Let it cool down a bit if your teeth are sensitive after the whitening, and enjoy at room temperature.
Leave out the poultry if you are vegetarian
Use any pasta you like such as macaroni, penne, fettuccine etc
Add some white beans if you like, or some cauliflower to make it more nutritious
Why not double up the recipe, so you can have this for salad tomorrow as well?
Tooth Sensitivity and Food Temperature
Room temperature food and drinks are the best option for maximum comfort and less risk of pain.
Even if your teeth do not feel particularly sensitive after the procedure, a mouthful of hot pasta in (white) sauce or a spoonful of cottage cheese straight out of the refrigerator might give you a sharp pain in the mouth. (Believe me on this one!) You should know this as well as the white food recipes for after teeth whitening.
So let your food either cool down a bit or warm up a bit, so it comes to near room temperature, for a more comfortable eating experience.
You can cool pasta and rice quite quickly by draining it after cooking them spreading it out over a metal tray. This is quicker than leaving it in a hot pan anyway.
Obviously do not let chicken or dairy products sit at room temperature for hours, for safety reasons.
How to Soothe Tooth Sensitivity
OK, now forget about white food recipes for after teeth whitening for a minute, and read this. If you’re in pain this is the most important thing! If you do experience sensitivity you can take some Tylenol or rub Bonjela teething gel on your gums.
Some people get ‘zaps’ from their teeth while others don’t seem to get any pain at all, or very little.
You can get toothpaste for sensitive teeth which might also help if you are having this problem. Even if it’s quite bad, rest assured it should be over within 24 hours and just be careful what you eat during this time.
- 1 peeled, chopped banana
- 1½ cups (375ml) nonfat (skimmed) milk
- Pinch of artificial sweetener or white sugar (if you must!)
- Put the ingredients in a blender.
- Puree until well mixed and serve immediately.
- Drink this through a straw.
White Food Recipes for after Teeth Whitening: More Ideas for The White Food Diet
You can have egg whites so how about an egg white omelet? You can add white cheese to it to give it some flavor, and perhaps also salt, garlic powder and white onion. Rice Krispies breakfast cereal is nice. Pair it with nonfat milk and you have a tasty, filling breakfast.
Boil and drain some cauliflower florets then pair with a white cheese sauce to make cauliflower cheese, which is nice with poached chicken. Served with a glass of your favorite white wine, this makes quite a nice dinner. Actually this was one of the first white food recipes for after teeth whitening dishes I prepared and it was good.
Toss room temperature cooked white pasta with low-fat mayonnaise to make pasta salad and add white beans, cauliflower florets, minced onion, garlic, and perhaps some chicken, turkey or white fish, and enjoy this tasty pasta salad without ruining your pearly whites.
‘What food can you eat after tooth whitening’ a lot of people wonder, but read through the above lists a few times and you will have even more ideas come into your mind, about how to combine the ingredients.
Teeth Whitening Aftercare
Teeth whitening aftercare is really important because the pores in the tooth enamel are open and your teeth are dehydrated so any saliva or liquid you have eaten/drunk will get sucked in.
This is why you need to avoid ‘staining’ foods. Learn what to avoid after teeth whitening, some white food recipes for after teeth whitening, and the results of your treatment will be so much better.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Squid Cooking TipsCooking squid is not difficult and it is important to be aware of that. Too many cooks quit before they even begin, not knowing how straightforward this type of seafood is to prepare. Read the following squid cooking tips and find out how to prepare and cook this wonderful ‘fruit of the sea’. Step by Step Guide If you are faced with a whole squid the first thing you need to do is pull the tentacles away from the body. Reach up inside the body for the quill, which is going to feel like a shard of plastic. Pull this down, out of the squid, and throw it away. Rinse inside the ‘hood’ (squid body) with cold running water. .....
- How to Make Satay Sauce in 2 Minutes Using 3 IngredientsYou only need 3 ingredients to make the best satay sauce recipe. It is so easy! Learn how to make satay sauce and you will want to make this often. Satay sauce can be served with chicken or beef kabobs or fries, or you can serve this easy peanut sauce recipe as a dip for pretty much anything. If you’re making some kind of fried rice dish like egg fried rice or nasi goreng, microwave this for 45 seconds or until hot then let it cool for a minute (so it thickens back up) and it will be an amazing accompaniment. How to Make It Like a Pro When you know how to make satay sauce, you will want to perfect this skill. The key to making it is to .....
- Understanding Yeast Infection SymptomsYeast is present throughout your body at all times, and only becomes an issue when it begins to rapidly grow and you start to notice yeast infection symptoms. This fungus is something that everyone should be aware of, and understand the symptoms behind the infection. Once you understand the different symptoms, you can discover the solutions to this uncomfortable problem. Discovering the Different Forms You may be surprised to discover that vaginal yeast infections do vary and that there may only be a few similarities. This can make identifying yeast infection symptoms a little trickier. Each form of infection will need to be treated in a .....
- Best Ceramic Butter DishesThere are many additions that you can add to your tableware which will enhance your dining experience, including ceramic butter dishes. A ceramic butter dish is a traditional way of storing your butter, which will ensure that it remains in excellent condition. Blue Bird Ceramic Butter Dish, on Amazon Butter is a perfect accompaniment to many different dishes so it is common to have it on the table while eating. This is why investing in ceramic butter dishes is a great idea so you can present the butter in something attractive rather than just in the package or on a saucer. Serving butter at the correct temperature is an art form, and you may .....
- Healthy Easy Spiralizer Recipes and IdeasA spiralizer isn’t the most commonly talked about kitchen gadget, but it’s definitely one that has been gaining popularity recently. If you haven’t heard of this interesting invention before a spiralizer is basically a neat, time saving tool that turns vegetables into thin, noodle like strips to use in a bunch of different dishes. There are plenty of easy spiralizer recipes to have a go at too. If you have ever tried to thinly slice a zucchini using a julienne peeler, or worse – a knife – and given up halfway through because it was taking too long then the spiralizer will be your new culinary sidekick. The way a spiralizer works .....
- Herring, Potato and Dill Salad RecipeFish and potatoes have been served together for centuries and dill complements both of them. Sour cream, mayonnaise and gherkins finish off this delicious fish starter recipe perfectly. This herring, potato and dill salad recipe is easy to make and suits any occasion. Simple But a Nice Balance There are not many ingredients in this tasty herring recipe and that is because they would be unnecessary. This is a perfectly balanced dish and one of our more interesting starter recipes. Herrings are delicious and if you want ideas for fish starters, this is well worth considering. Some More Hot Content For You How to Make Vegetable Quiche Easy .....
- Gorgeous Kitchen Accessories for Every TasteMost people have more technology in their kitchens than in any other room and these items are very useful for preparing all kinds of meals. Cooking is a lot of fun and time-saving appliances, gadgets and kitchen accessories make short work of cooking. Having an attractive kitchen is half the fun too and whether you are looking for retro red kitchen accessories, useful cheap kitchen accessories or something to suit your individual tastes, there is certainly plenty for you to choose from. Cooking is a stress reducer and sadly many people rely on quick, easy meal recipes rather than focus on making good quality food. Kitchen gadgets cut down on .....
- Authentic Spanish Omelet RecipeSpanish omelet, or tortilla espanola as it is also known, is a combination of potatoes and eggs, giving you not only a ton of flavor, but also a protein and energy boost. You can eat a Spanish omelet recipe hot, chilled or at room temperature. I Love This Spanish Omelet Recipe! When I lived in the Canaries and mainland Spain, a Spanish omelet recipe was one of my favorite tapas, and sometimes I would indulge in a Spanish omelet sandwich in crusty bread with aioli (garlic mayonnaise) and a touch of ketchup too. Oh – and a slice of cheese. Now that was a real treat! The main ingredients you need to make tortilla espanola are eggs and .....
- Bamboo Shoot and Pork WontonHere we are looking at making bamboo shoot and pork wonton. Pork and shrimp might sound like a strange combination but as wonton fans everywhere know, it is a magical mixture! Add bamboo shoots, green onions and a few other choice ingredients and you have wonton soup to die for. These wontons are meaty, fish and full-flavored. If you use water, then you will get soft wontons. Wontons are boiled in liquid when you want them to be soft and fried when you want a crispy finish. Another way to get a soft finish is to steam the wontons. This bamboo shoot and pork wonton recipe is easy to make and even if you’re new to wonton making you will .....
- Fried Shrimp Wontons with Water ChestnutsShrimp or prawns are a very popular wonton filling and who can resist a wonton appetizer recipe – crisp wontons stuffed with a juicy shrimp and water chestnut mixture? The following easy fried shrimp wontons with water chestnuts recipe shows you how to make gorgeous little dumplings which taste amazing. Replace the sugar with sweetener if you prefer, or just leave it out. You can make these fried shrimp wontons with water chestnuts as sweet or otherwise as you personally prefer. A touch of sweetness in a wonton recipe appeals to a lot of people but not to everyone. The other flavors – the sesame oil, ginger, chili and soy sauce – also .....